Author Topic: Post the shoes you're wearing.  (Read 4042209 times)

Wizard0f0dds

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 5
Re: Post the shoes you're wearing.
« Reply #32580 on: May 06, 2021, 07:33:21 AM »
those laces make those shoes pop more

Are the Aces heavier than Indys?

They are pretty much the same weight. Indy 149 (Standards) are 400g and Ace AF1 55 are 396g. Any kind of weight relieved indy would be lighter though.

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 79
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #32581 on: May 06, 2021, 07:36:52 AM »
I've got those same colour Rowans. Might have to steal your idea and throw some black laces in my own

cricketclub

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 517
« Reply #32582 on: May 06, 2021, 03:45:27 PM »
*Incoming moe sub post complaining about non skate shoes alert

Pulled the trigger on these 998ís made from scrap suede - didnít know what I was getting till I got it but they are one of a kind. I fuck with em
Handsome debonair fella, Got the Mellow Yellow bezel, Black rims on the Phantom same color Dr. Pepper.

lydius

• Rep: 11
« Reply #32583 on: May 06, 2021, 04:27:34 PM »
Emerica Dissents, on my 2nd pair of these with one more pair on deck. good shoe but the sole is going faster than the suede. think I might try the Dose next and see how hard that Formula G compound or whatever is. Alcove CC is supposed to be on the same sole. Spanky G6 would definitely be cushy for my feet.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 350
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #32584 on: May 06, 2021, 04:30:10 PM »

Pulled the trigger on these 998ís made from scrap suede - didnít know what I was getting till I got it but they are one of a kind. I fuck with em

Thatís super sick! Itís a rad colorway too! The 99* NBs are always killer shoes...

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 275
« Reply #32585 on: May 07, 2021, 07:12:32 AM »

quality is second to none on the MIUSA stuff, and the 998's are amazing. I wasn't so lucky with my Made Responsibly pair..

Fhk hu

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Rep: 112
« Reply #32586 on: May 07, 2021, 10:28:05 AM »

These are probably my favorite material object I have owned as an adult..30 something years ago, I needed new basketball ball shoes and I begged my father to get me some Jordan's, we couldn't afford them but he said he would try to get the money together only if I didn't tell my mom how much they were. By the time he had the money M&M sporting goods no longer had the Jordan's in my size but they did have the Air trainer 1's. Since they weren't a basketball sneaker he didn't want to do it. But apparently I did a good job convincing him that they could be used for everything. I played 1 season of basketball and skated my Variflex every motherfucking day in those shoes. I found these for $39 the other day and I am gonna crack a beer and remember some more amazing selfless acts that my father did for me. I miss that man every damn day.
i donít think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #32587 on: May 07, 2021, 10:59:12 AM »

These are probably my favorite material object I have owned as an adult..30 something years ago, I needed new basketball ball shoes and I begged my father to get me some Jordan's, we couldn't afford them but he said he would try to get the money together only if I didn't tell my mom how much they were. By the time he had the money M&M sporting goods no longer had the Jordan's in my size but they did have the Air trainer 1's. Since they weren't a basketball sneaker he didn't want to do it. But apparently I did a good job convincing him that they could be used for everything. I played 1 season of basketball and skated my Variflex every motherfucking day in those shoes. I found these for $39 the other day and I am gonna crack a beer and remember some more amazing selfless acts that my father did for me. I miss that man every damn day.

Such a good story! Sorry about your dad, he sounded rad! That Polar colorway is so sick tho. I loved seeing Boserioís skating them.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Fhk hu

« Reply #32588 on: May 07, 2021, 11:29:20 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Such a good story! Sorry about your dad, he sounded rad! That Polar colorway is so sick tho. I loved seeing Boserioís skating them.
Thank you so much homey! My dad was definitely rad..and so is Nick!
i donít think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

fs1/2cab

• Rep: 61
    • a short part
« Reply #32589 on: May 07, 2021, 01:18:37 PM »

Man.. the way you wrote that.. that made me feel emotional. Stoked for you homie and blessed be your Dad.

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 450
« Reply #32590 on: May 07, 2021, 01:20:41 PM »

Great story, much love to your dad and his memory, and those shoes are sick.

TwisT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 207
« Reply #32591 on: May 07, 2021, 01:44:49 PM »

I skate a lot of reebok's

This is the club legacy. It skates just like the regular club. Because of the rubber under the toe, I'd rate it a little higher. It could do without the bit of stitching by the baby toe, but other than that. A solid alternative if you just want a visually different shoe. I like the translucent soles on these.

Fhk hu

« Reply #32592 on: May 07, 2021, 02:24:12 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Great story, much love to your dad and his memory, and those shoes are sick.
Thanks for the love man..very much appreciated! It's a hard road and it is kind of a weird thread for me to share the story in but I hoped you all might enjoy it because we all love shoes.. :) I just skated them for an hour and ironically they skate real good.

Expand Quote

[close]

Man.. the way you wrote that.. that made me feel emotional. Stoked for you homie and blessed be your Dad.

Edit: sorry fs1/2cab I didn't see your post..thanks for the smile!
« Last Edit: May 09, 2021, 11:21:12 AM by Fhk hu »

CrimsonGhost

• Rep: 25
« Reply #32593 on: May 08, 2021, 10:12:47 AM »
DC Lukoda's on this cold and grey day in Jersey, I picked up from a pal last week. Their username escapes me at the moment but if you see this post thanks again for these!

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 105
« Reply #32594 on: May 08, 2021, 07:41:32 PM »
Emerica Dissents, on my 2nd pair of these with one more pair on deck. good shoe but the sole is going faster than the suede. think I might try the Dose next and see how hard that Formula G compound or whatever is. Alcove CC is supposed to be on the same sole. Spanky G6 would definitely be cushy for my feet.

I got the spanky g6 now and itís comfy as hell I bet if you look you can probably find some colorways on sell. Also I just ordered the wino cup sole has the same sole as the Spanky g6.

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 253
« Reply #32595 on: May 09, 2021, 07:53:29 PM »

some cons slips i got on clearance a while back.  I did the old half-size-down, and they were tight as fuck.  unwearable.  i cut the straps and they ended up breaking in ok.  they're still pretty snug even without the straps.  gonna skate them til theyre dead then cut the tongues off and use them to cut the grass
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

goingapelikenigo

• Rep: 19
  • please don't be a hero
« Reply #32596 on: May 10, 2021, 01:50:26 AM »

first new balance numeric shoes !

lemonchicken91

• Rep: 49
« Reply #32597 on: May 10, 2021, 07:19:20 AM »
those look mean.
Such a nice suede look
also props for the Corduroys. Love some cords used to wear brown volcom ones 24/7
Still have a regrettable turquoise pair from 2009 in my closet lol

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 409
« Reply #32598 on: May 10, 2021, 07:24:50 AM »

some cons slips i got on clearance a while back.  I did the old half-size-down, and they were tight as fuck.  unwearable.  i cut the straps and they ended up breaking in ok.  they're still pretty snug even without the straps.  gonna skate them til theyre dead then cut the tongues off and use them to cut the grass

Had same experience.  Went with my actual size and theyíre one of the best fitting shoes Iíve had

Cord Winer

• Rep: -7
« Reply #32599 on: May 10, 2021, 08:18:37 AM »

I got these axion's a couple days ago and they're really good. I'm impressed with how well they fit and how comfortable they are. The lining in the shoe is a very soft almost velvet material. They skate good so far. They also come with a decent insole as well. I would definitely recommend them.

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 198
  • old and in the way
« Reply #32600 on: May 10, 2021, 11:49:37 PM »

That's a really beautiful memory about your father @Fhk hu   Thanks for sharing it with us.
The SB Polar Air Trainer 1s look so cool too. That's awesome that you have a new pair in 2021 to skate.

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 144
« Reply #32601 on: May 11, 2021, 01:01:07 AM »

Those are amazing, what is the sizing on 998s?

Fhk hu

« Reply #32602 on: May 11, 2021, 02:30:51 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

That's a really beautiful memory about your father @Fhk hu   Thanks for sharing it with us.
The SB Polar Air Trainer 1s look so cool too. That's awesome that you have a new pair in 2021 to skate.
Thank you funeral _tuxedo! I love skating in them for all those reasons.

TheCrimsonShroud

• Rep: 18
« Reply #32603 on: May 11, 2021, 11:48:21 AM »

online photo hosting

On the fence because they are the stiffest uppers Iíve had in a hot minute. Bok ainít as generous with returns as Nike is so I canít take the tags off and wear em out a few times.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #32604 on: May 11, 2021, 11:51:21 AM »

online photo hosting

On the fence because they are the stiffest uppers Iíve had in a hot minute. Bok ainít as generous with returns as Nike is so I canít take the tags off and wear em out a few times.

Not to throw shade at you but those are so much worse looking than regular Club Cís.  :'(

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

TheCrimsonShroud

« Reply #32605 on: May 11, 2021, 11:54:44 AM »

Bruh. Those look like Blippi shoes.

TheCrimsonShroud

« Reply #32606 on: May 11, 2021, 12:01:58 PM »
Not to throw shade at you but those are so much worse looking than regular Club Cís.  :'(

Real shit Iím kinda with you on that. It felt like a gamble picking a colorway online, and some miiiight work, but Iím kinda not feeling these tbh.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #32607 on: May 11, 2021, 12:20:19 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Real shit Iím kinda with you on that. It felt like a gamble picking a colorway online, and some miiiight work, but Iím kinda not feeling these tbh.

Itís not even the colorway. Just the silhouette itself. Not sure whatís the point of this version, itís more of a downgrade then a upgrade IMO. the Club C looked great as it is. But maybe they skate great...

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

TheCrimsonShroud

« Reply #32608 on: May 11, 2021, 12:24:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Itís not even the colorway. Just the silhouette itself. Not sure whatís the point of this version, itís more of a downgrade then a upgrade IMO. the Club C looked great as it is. But maybe they skate great...
I got em to skate, actually. Thereís suede on high traffic areas. But $55 is F4s and bearings and I have four pairs of skate shoes on hand anyway.

Hyliannightmare

• Rep: -118
« Reply #32609 on: May 11, 2021, 01:18:25 PM »

I got these axion's a couple days ago and they're really good. I'm impressed with how well they fit and how comfortable they are. The lining in the shoe is a very soft almost velvet material. They skate good so far. They also come with a decent insole as well. I would definitely recommend them.

How have they held up they look like they'd wear up super fast