Author Topic: Post the shoes you're wearing.  (Read 4532804 times)

rob2

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 4
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Post the shoes you're wearing.
« Reply #32700 on: July 13, 2021, 12:18:03 PM »
Expand Quote

Bruin react. So far, so good.
[close]

How are they skating? I'm trying to be a bit more frugal these days and not buy any new shoes but that one photon dust/rust colorway looks so cool. Plus I'm curious about those react insoles and if they're special enough to warrant the purchase alone and if I could reuse them for other sneakers like the old Lunarlon ones?

Just got my second pair, only shoe that my feet don't hurt after skating with, find the insole way better than any of the aftermarket ones

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #32701 on: July 13, 2021, 12:38:48 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

How are they skating? I'm trying to be a bit more frugal these days and not buy any new shoes but that one photon dust/rust colorway looks so cool. Plus I'm curious about those react insoles and if they're special enough to warrant the purchase alone and if I could reuse them for other sneakers like the old Lunarlon ones?

Just one 45 minute lunch break session, wore them around the house last night and to work this morning. They skate  well, nice and grippy with good boardfeel. The outsole goes up kind of high to mimic the wrap of a vulc, but I like that and think it will add to the durability. I feel like that might be a no go for some people.

The react insole is removable. I'm also running a set of bruin Hyperfeels that I thrifted and the react is definitely firmer and more dense than the Hyperfeel (or Lunarlon). I'm a big guy and Lunarlon just didn't do it for me, so I am optimistic about these. I'll keep you posted with how the insoles hold up @funeral_tuxedo

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1152
  • old and in the way
« Reply #32702 on: July 13, 2021, 12:57:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Just one 45 minute lunch break session, wore them around the house last night and to work this morning. They skate  well, nice and grippy with good boardfeel. The outsole goes up kind of high to mimic the wrap of a vulc, but I like that and think it will add to the durability. I feel like that might be a no go for some people.

The react insole is removable. I'm also running a set of bruin Hyperfeels that I thrifted and the react is definitely firmer and more dense than the Hyperfeel (or Lunarlon). I'm a big guy and Lunarlon just didn't do it for me, so I am optimistic about these. I'll keep you posted with how the insoles hold up @funeral_tuxedo

Awesome. Thank you v much @FrozenIndustries
I'm gonna have a heck of a time trying to find that photon dust/rust colorway on sale somewhere.

Damoforce

• Rep: 24
    • YouTube Channel avatar image
« Reply #32703 on: July 14, 2021, 05:03:54 AM »
Skated these for 5-6 hours, the worst shoe I've skated from 12 over the last year

ES Accell Slim Plus

Just an older guy trying to learn to Skateboard over 30 with developing gear madness syndrome

Join me on YouTube for skateboarding, reviews and ect

pro club blanks

« Reply #32704 on: July 14, 2021, 07:47:40 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

In my experience the react insole works well swapped out for vans popcush insoles or similar

Got mine in some vans skate sports and they feel awesome

con_hielo

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 24
« Reply #32705 on: July 14, 2021, 09:23:50 PM »
Skated these for 5-6 hours, the worst shoe I've skated from 12 over the last year

ES Accell Slim Plus

Bought a pair two years ago, skated them 15mn in the shop parking lot and then drove to the local park to drop them off.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1925
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #32706 on: July 15, 2021, 06:15:25 AM »
Expand Quote

ES Accell Slim Plus

[close]

Bought a pair two years ago, skated them 15mn in the shop parking lot and then drove to the local park to drop them off.

Big oof, skated the Square 3 (Vulc Accel) and it was so-so, eS really shitting the bed by not capitalizing more on the model.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 526
« Reply #32707 on: July 15, 2021, 03:32:38 PM »
Had planned on reselling these in order to add to a little savings fund I've been building up, but the resale isn't very high. Plus, the more I look at them, the more I want to wear them...

I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #32708 on: July 15, 2021, 07:55:35 PM »
Had planned on reselling these in order to add to a little savings fund I've been building up, but the resale isn't very high. Plus, the more I look at them, the more I want to wear them...

That are Asking to be skated. So lucky you got em

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 478
« Reply #32709 on: July 16, 2021, 12:52:27 AM »
Those few of you on the last page.. what was off about the Accel Slim Plus? Most feedback I hear has been positive.

I have a pair that I'm not sure if I wanna skate or chill in, so I'm curious.
Super Champion Fun Zone

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1107
« Reply #32710 on: July 18, 2021, 07:15:00 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

That are Asking to be skated. So lucky you got em

I have never done a raffle.
I should have for those.
Look like a great skate shoe.

goingapelikenigo

• Rep: 89
  • please don't be a hero
« Reply #32711 on: July 18, 2021, 07:52:17 AM »

really nice colorway, congrats on getting a pair.

Mariatorresflores

• Rep: -95
« Reply #32712 on: July 18, 2021, 08:47:47 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

ES Accell Slim Plus

[close]

[close]

Big oof, skated the Square 3 (Vulc Accel) and it was so-so, eS really shitting the bed by not capitalizing more on the model.

It doesn't really make sense to have that toe strip go over the triangular Ollie area patch. Bad design. The worst part of the Accel (IMO) is that toe strip starts peeling immediately if you do a lot of flip tricks, so putting it as the furthest out layer compromises the shoes integrity a lot quicker.

I too tried the square 3, though I'm not a vulc skater, and while the soles didn't convert me I noticed the uppers lasted quite a bit longer then the Accel slims I tried. Most likely because the toe area was one single piece which actually lasted a lot longer thanks to there not being stitching directly in area my kick flips and tre's usually scuff up.

If es would put the square 3 upper on the Accel plus sole I'd probably try them again. If they also took out that perforated leather side panel and replaced it with mesh I would for sure.

BugleBites

• Rep: -68
« Reply #32713 on: July 18, 2021, 10:11:51 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

ES Accell Slim Plus

[close]

[close]

[close]

It doesn't really make sense to have that toe strip go over the triangular Ollie area patch. Bad design. The worst part of the Accel (IMO) is that toe strip starts peeling immediately if you do a lot of flip tricks, so putting it as the furthest out layer compromises the shoes integrity a lot quicker.

I too tried the square 3, though I'm not a vulc skater, and while the soles didn't convert me I noticed the uppers lasted quite a bit longer then the Accel slims I tried. Most likely because the toe area was one single piece which actually lasted a lot longer thanks to there not being stitching directly in area my kick flips and tre's usually scuff up.

If es would put the square 3 upper on the Accel plus sole I'd probably try them again. If they also took out that perforated leather side panel and replaced it with mesh I would for sure.

Interesting. I've skated the Accel Slim Plus and that toe panel was somehow bonded to the layers under it, so even as it wore down it stayed attached to the other layers. I think changing it to go over the other panel on the side was a style choice to make it different, but I didn't have any issues there. The black Accel Slims I skated last year also seemed to have that bonded toe panel, which is odd because I've definitely seen people with theirs flapping off like the Accel Slim Plus in the pic. I don't skate shoes super long though - once they get too worn down in the kickflip area or the sole gets worn down on one side of the heel (making ankle rolls more likely) I switch them out.

Velcro Wallet

• Rep: 214
« Reply #32714 on: July 18, 2021, 02:23:12 PM »

Been using the Reebok Workout Plus shoes as chillers for a bit now. Time to skate them.

Uncle Jeffrey

• Rep: 36
« Reply #32715 on: July 18, 2021, 03:12:38 PM »
Shoe question.

I'm mid 30s, work on my feet all day on concrete,  sometimes I hop on my board and my feet instantly scream at me. Looking for a stiffer shoe, less "board feel" if you will.

Currently have some nike sb team classics or some shit, they're quite thin and flexy.

Thoughts?

Tear Up a Trick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 109
« Reply #32716 on: July 18, 2021, 03:21:18 PM »
Shoe question.

I'm mid 30s, work on my feet all day on concrete,  sometimes I hop on my board and my feet instantly scream at me. Looking for a stiffer shoe, less "board feel" if you will.

Currently have some nike sb team classics or some shit, they're quite thin and flexy.

Thoughts?

This is only one man's opinion based on your question, but have you tried a pair of Simples lately?  I've found them to be a bit kinder to the ol' foot

Fhk

« Reply #32717 on: July 18, 2021, 03:22:42 PM »
Shoe question.

Thoughts?
Most cupsoles should give you what your looking for. I prefer Nikes..NB..and even some DC's. Your feet will thank you

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 38
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #32718 on: July 18, 2021, 04:36:02 PM »
Shoe question.

Thoughts?
Copa nationale were kind to me. 3st.004 are also a nice option
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Uncle Jeffrey

• Rep: 36
« Reply #32719 on: July 18, 2021, 07:19:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Shoe question.

Thoughts?
[close]
Most cupsoles should give you what your looking for. I prefer Nikes..NB..and even some DC's. Your feet will thank you

Hmm, looks like I've been running cupsoles. They must just be super thin. Walking on gravel I swear I can feel every rock. Guess I'll just have to find the bulkier ones

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1925
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #32720 on: July 18, 2021, 09:04:45 PM »
Shoe question.

Thoughts?

Insoles, insoles, insoles.

The Dr Scholl ones are good for walking shoes and some skate shoes if you have regular arches. Get insoles with a solid arch support if you're flat footed like me.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 530
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #32721 on: July 18, 2021, 09:39:46 PM »
Shoe question.

I'm mid 30s, work on my feet all day on concrete

Cupsoles, new insoles and get yourself some cushiony work shoes bud

I work 10+ hours on concrete floors, I’ve got footprint insoles in my work boots, skate shoes even some dr martens. Works a treat if you can get past the stage where they have to fit to your feet

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1107
« Reply #32722 on: July 18, 2021, 09:59:01 PM »
Yes, wear a very stiff supportive shoe at work. And then for skating: Tyshawn’s, dunks, aj1s, legacy slim, Ave pro, nb 1010.

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1152
  • old and in the way
« Reply #32723 on: July 19, 2021, 04:52:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Shoe question.

Thoughts?
[close]
Copa nationale were kind to me. 3st.004 are also a nice option

@Uncle Jeffrey I also really like the Adidas 3ST004 but if you'd prefer a mid top or a padded vulc the Premier SB Blazers are actually quite padded underfoot with a thicker midsole (I think). Regular SB Blazers are great too but maybe you could try on some Premiums and see if those work out for you? The black/gum pair is the one I wear and it's really nice. I'm not sure what your size is or what your preferences are but here's a link to Tactics since it's quite discounted and there's several sizes left:
https://www.tactics.com/nike-sb/zoom-blazer-mid-premium-skate-shoes/black-white-black-gum-light-brown

If you don't see your size maybe Premier Store or Parade World would have your size since it's an older shoe and sizes might be limited. Good luck!

superleftswipebby

• Rep: 12
« Reply #32724 on: July 19, 2021, 07:04:28 AM »

them breana geering vans

backup link: https://imgur.com/a/6RRbHI6

cricketclub

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 511
« Reply #32725 on: July 19, 2021, 09:03:12 AM »
adidas forum adv white.

Very good, not stiff at all.
Handsome debonair fella, Got the Mellow Yellow bezel, Black rims on the Phantom same color Dr. Pepper.

AsianVegan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 95
« Reply #32726 on: July 20, 2021, 06:09:20 AM »
Yeah, those Team Classics were too thin for me - any non-bulky cupsole will be a huge improvement.

smoothbrain

• Rep: 23
« Reply #32727 on: July 20, 2021, 06:23:40 AM »
Last resort x lotties (rip) vm002

toque

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
    • Portmanteau avatar image
« Reply #32728 on: July 20, 2021, 12:16:28 PM »
Nice, I like the look of the midsole on those. Funny to tie laces around your ankles with low tops

wheee!

dustyassrocketswitchv

• Rep: -136
« Reply #32729 on: July 20, 2021, 04:35:37 PM »
Last resort x lotties (rip) vm002

So muthafuckas be stealing the tech decks eh
big texas cummer