Author Topic: Post the shoes you're wearing.  (Read 4229903 times)

Sharp-o

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -5
  • WAH! Haippia spotille!
Re: Post the shoes you're wearing.
« Reply #33630 on: May 12, 2022, 07:55:07 AM »
Bought these with my first McDonald's paycheck
Wavy shit only

SaySo

• Rep: 50
« Reply #33631 on: May 12, 2022, 08:07:21 AM »
AREth Bulits

"I've got a friend of polar nature, and it's all peace. You and I seek similar stars, but can't sit at the same feast."

"Not every pony grows up to be a Pegasus."

GoneWithTheSchwinn

• Mods
  • Rep: -10022
« Reply #33632 on: May 12, 2022, 08:15:31 AM »
Have been interested in those, nice colorway. Let us know how they skate please.

Picked up some Westgates the other week. Skated them last night for the first time and they feel very nice. Good job NB.

BLACK LIVES MATTER
FUCK 12

"Watch out or the gazpacho police will get you!"

SaySo

« Reply #33633 on: May 12, 2022, 08:22:36 AM »
Have been interested in those, nice colorway. Let us know how they skate please.

Picked up some Westgates the other week. Skated them last night for the first time and they feel very nice. Good job NB.

Thanks. Still debating whether or not to actually skate them. They're super comfortable, but run about 0.25 - 0.5 size big. Super comfortable shoe though. The locals at the shop here in Japan swear by them.

Remind me of a cross between the OG Penny boots and the IPath Cats.

I wear an 8 in Busenitz/Tyshawns.

Did you get the Westgate 508's? I'm a 7.5 in those too, but an 8 in Tiago's (never skated the Tiago's though, just tried them on). I like the 508's but wish they had slightly more cushioning in the forefoot. But agree, they do feel nice on the feet.
"I've got a friend of polar nature, and it's all peace. You and I seek similar stars, but can't sit at the same feast."

GoneWithTheSchwinn

• Mods
  • Rep: -10022
« Reply #33634 on: May 12, 2022, 10:42:08 AM »
Thanks for the feedback. Might have to try a pair on before I drop the $.

The 508ís. They feel like a more padded Busenitz. Not a huge difference but enough cushion to make it feel very comfortable to walk around in. I hear nothing but good things about the Tiago but itís not for me.

BLACK LIVES MATTER
FUCK 12

"Watch out or the gazpacho police will get you!"

chris.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 119
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #33635 on: May 12, 2022, 05:17:18 PM »
Love those areths @SaySo  I'd make an effort to save up some scratch for some but they just don't make em big enough for me  :-\

Mcidraque

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 89
« Reply #33636 on: May 12, 2022, 11:13:13 PM »
AREth Bulits

these look amazing. can't seem to find areth here in europe. strong ipath vibes in the best way possible

SaySo

« Reply #33637 on: May 12, 2022, 11:44:34 PM »
Expand Quote
AREth Bulits

[close]

these look amazing. can't seem to find areth here in europe. strong ipath vibes in the best way possible

Love those areths @SaySo  I'd make an effort to save up some scratch for some but they just don't make em big enough for me  :-\

Yeah, even in Japan they are a bit pricey compared to other skate shoes.

Max size is 29cm/11US/10UK/44.5EU

A lot of my taller friends (both native and expat) have serious issues getting shoes here. Either the color ways are wack AF, or the styles are wack, or the double whammy of both.

Whereas back home, I used to have hella trouble finding clothes that fit me.

And since I'm roughly average size here, my sizes are often soul doubt if I don't act fast.

Big Baby Jesus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
    • Suciu avatar image
« Reply #33638 on: May 16, 2022, 04:19:38 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Fresh Spanx - nice and wide - really comfy too. Classic top down look, bet they bag out nicely.

Last pair of Emerica I skate were Reynolds IIs (had the launch Figgy, hated it, too narrow)

Expand Quote

KSL with G6 insoles. This is the first pair of Emericaís Iíve worn since the Fat Laced in 2008. Also have some Gamma G6ís that Iíll also skate eventually
[close]

How do the gamma fit in the toebox compared to the Spanx? Been eyeing the Juilans.

[close]

First real session in the Spanx today after 2 days around the house (probably 10 hours), 2 days at the gym (about 6hrs) and one 6 hour driving/sitting and very little walking).

They're fucking great. Didn't have to think about them at all.
[close]

...went to lace them up and popped the eyestay somehow...shoe has wear from skating but nothing led me to think this was due to skating as the outsole isn't worn enough to start clipping this area. Just weak stitching - Crazy glue to the rescue.

@Xen now that itís been a couple weeks how are the KSLs working for you? Watching spanlys out there has been interestedÖ
flat spotted 3 times in 2 weeks, other than that awesome wheels

Xen

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 408
  • Go Faster!
« Reply #33639 on: May 16, 2022, 07:17:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Fresh Spanx - nice and wide - really comfy too. Classic top down look, bet they bag out nicely.

Last pair of Emerica I skate were Reynolds IIs (had the launch Figgy, hated it, too narrow)

Expand Quote

KSL with G6 insoles. This is the first pair of Emericaís Iíve worn since the Fat Laced in 2008. Also have some Gamma G6ís that Iíll also skate eventually
[close]

How do the gamma fit in the toebox compared to the Spanx? Been eyeing the Juilans.

[close]

First real session in the Spanx today after 2 days around the house (probably 10 hours), 2 days at the gym (about 6hrs) and one 6 hour driving/sitting and very little walking).

They're fucking great. Didn't have to think about them at all.
[close]

...went to lace them up and popped the eyestay somehow...shoe has wear from skating but nothing led me to think this was due to skating as the outsole isn't worn enough to start clipping this area. Just weak stitching - Crazy glue to the rescue.

[close]

@Xen now that itís been a couple weeks how are the KSLs working for you? Watching spanlys out there has been interestedÖ

I love them. I rotated out/back to my NB440s to compare after a few weeks and my feet (arch) started to hurt mid session, 2nd, 3rd sessions after feet still hurt (and at night) so I rotated back to the KSLs. Not a dig on the 440s it's just what happened; not sure why as my feet never hurt when I was skating the 440s (they do feel long/big compared to the KSLs now but NB sizing has never really worked for me).

Switched back to KSLs and no issues with foot pain. Fit right, grippy, nice flik, good padding, broke in easy and they've kept their shape. It's very much a traditional skate silhouette so I just assumed it would bag out like they do. Not yet.

My first Emericas since the Figgy one (wasn't a fan after a while) and I don't see myself switching out to another brand unless I can't find these.

Holding up great as well; that one off issue with the eyestay stitching seems like a fluke (and is fine with a bit of crazy glue).

Fartknocker415

• Rep: 3
« Reply #33640 on: May 17, 2022, 04:30:13 PM »
KSLís fitting true to size? Whatís the verdict ?

DarkPools

• Rep: 116
  • Slamma Jamma
« Reply #33641 on: May 17, 2022, 05:52:07 PM »
Yes, KSL G6 is a true to size shoe. They were TTS for me
Super Champion Fun Zone

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 238
« Reply #33642 on: May 17, 2022, 09:06:01 PM »

I feel like these are going to be a new favorite. The fit and cushion are just right. I also like looking down and imagining some white Sheeps a la Ed T.

SaySo

« Reply #33643 on: May 17, 2022, 11:17:25 PM »

I feel like these are going to be a new favorite. The fit and cushion are just right. I also like looking down and imagining some white Sheeps a la Ed T.

Nice! Kinda giving me DC Danny Way 1 vibes as well.

Filip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -104
« Reply #33644 on: Today at 12:55:22 AM »
I love seeing more and more Emericas in this thread. Its been my favourite company since I started skating 20 years ago, Heritics were my first real skate shoe. To this day, its all I wear. Ive had some other shoes of course, total maybe like 5-10 pairs since 2002.

Anyway, right now, some white Laced (first pair of white shoes in like 10 years, feels weird as fuck)

Damoforce

• Rep: 18
    • YouTube Channel avatar image
« Reply #33645 on: Today at 04:49:20 AM »
Emerica seems to be slaying it atm, with the inspo of late I reckon i'll grab some!

Just skating the Neen William FP shoe atm.
Just an older guy trying to learn to Skateboard over 30 with developing gear madness syndrome

Join me on YouTube for skateboarding, reviews and ect

chris.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 119
« Reply #33646 on: Today at 05:17:14 AM »

Damn these are pretty much perfect.

BartHarleyJarvis

• Rep: 104
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #33647 on: Today at 10:59:12 AM »

LRAB VM003s just showed up yesterday, they actually feel great. Going to wear them for a bit but looking forward to skating them in a couple of weeks.