Author Topic: Post the shoes you're wearing.  (Read 4533056 times)

Velcro Wallet

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 214
Re: Post the shoes you're wearing.
« Reply #33630 on: May 23, 2022, 04:26:29 PM »

I feel like these are going to be a new favorite. The fit and cushion are just right. I also like looking down and imagining some white Sheeps a la Ed T.

These are sick!!! Full nolsstalgic vibes!!

ferraveemo

• Rep: 23
« Reply #33631 on: May 23, 2022, 06:03:46 PM »

I feel like these are going to be a new favorite. The fit and cushion are just right. I also like looking down and imagining some white Sheeps a la Ed T.

What sizing did you go with? TTS? Or 1/2 size down? At TTS for me gave a lil bit of a heel slip. Also the seam on the toe isn’t reinforced and have already separated after a couple of sessions. There is a rubber underlay but it doesn’t cover the entire toe. More so around the stitching of the seam. they look so good that it trips out people and make them think they’re club c’s haha!

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #33632 on: May 24, 2022, 07:54:28 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

What sizing did you go with? TTS? Or 1/2 size down? At TTS for me gave a lil bit of a heel slip. Also the seam on the toe isn’t reinforced and have already separated after a couple of sessions. There is a rubber underlay but it doesn’t cover the entire toe. More so around the stitching of the seam. they look so good that it trips out people and make them think they’re club c’s haha!

TTS for me is either 10.5 or 11. I got a 10.5 and they're just right. I'm a snug 10.5 in vans pro/skate, an 11 in DC, and an 11 in most adidas. So I guess they run slightly on the large side. I'm rehabbing an injury so I haven't skated mine yet, but I'm expecting the toe to blow out and expose the rubber underlay pretty quickly. I got them for $50. Full retail on these is a sin.

Velcro Wallet

« Reply #33633 on: May 24, 2022, 02:18:06 PM »
I will buy every pair I can find of these. Alexis always has the raddest Cons.

Also, would you consider these jeans bootcut? If I pull them up it goes away. I’m really struggling with life atm

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 264
« Reply #33634 on: May 24, 2022, 02:23:13 PM »

Also, would you consider these jeans bootcut? If I pull them up it goes away. I’m really struggling with life atm

Snowboard boot cut maybe

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 646
« Reply #33635 on: May 25, 2022, 09:01:23 AM »

Nah bootcut is more pronounced. I feel like some baggy jeans don't taper as much and are meant to go over your shoe, like the ones you're rocking. I have a pair of thrifted Sean John jeans that are like that too.

Hypnotoad

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #33636 on: May 26, 2022, 09:15:33 AM »

Forum ADV
Real nice

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1062
« Reply #33637 on: May 26, 2022, 12:32:54 PM »
https://imgur.com/a/qthmhnC

Black leather authentic hi

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 858
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #33638 on: May 26, 2022, 06:10:45 PM »

photo url
lrab vm002
its date night in soho
fits with orange shoes are hard to put together
but i like a challenge
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

Velcro Wallet

« Reply #33639 on: May 26, 2022, 07:37:11 PM »
Love that colour way

Trusty Salomon’s after a roll.

intendedreceivers

• Rep: 204
« Reply #33640 on: May 28, 2022, 07:41:10 PM »
Grabbed a pair of these new Superskates. Wasn’t really feeling the all-white colorway, so I did a quick little custom job before I break ’em in.

devourthehours

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Rep: 51
  • I spit more rhymes than a lazy susan
« Reply #33641 on: May 28, 2022, 10:13:01 PM »
Grabbed a pair of these new Superskates. Wasn’t really feeling the all-white colorway, so I did a quick little custom job before I break ’em in.

These look so much better than the all white.

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1372
« Reply #33642 on: May 30, 2022, 10:06:52 AM »

I had these Hopps Pro Leathers for awhile before skating this this year. Skated them for two months from late March to now. Very good shoes, had some good times in these. The grip's wearing thin as well as the toebox, and I'd like to skate lighter-coloured shoes, so I'm switching to these Blazers I've had on ice.

I like the Blazers, skated a mini in them a few times during the winter, but no street skating. Only thing is that I literally need a shoehorn to put them on. But once they're on, they feel good.

Edit - after I posted this I thought about relacing them to try and make them looser, and it worked, but not by much.

Following up from this - the Blazers sucked. I should've known, I tried skating a pair years ago and couldn't get into them. I thought they would be different this time around, but no dice. Spent 45 min trying kickflips and none of them were clean. Storing them away for now.

Decided to try my Ishods instead:

Enjoying these so far. Flick is more precise than the Blazers, but not as good as the Pro Leathers. They definitely got dirty really quickly but whatevs. They're not pinching my feet, no heel slippage. Only minor gripe is the shoelaces are slippery and can undo themselves, but all in all the Ishods are a good time, stoked on em.

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1109
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #33643 on: June 03, 2022, 03:08:25 PM »

I'm usually not a black sole guy, but these dusty blue VM001s were too hard to pass up...

Underpressureflips

• Rep: 41
« Reply #33644 on: June 03, 2022, 03:22:43 PM »

PAWL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -70
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #33645 on: June 05, 2022, 07:44:17 PM »

I'm usually not a black sole guy, but these dusty blue VM001s were too hard to pass up...

lol the stance you have is making it look like some kinda chinese foot binding apparatus
yo mike mo new age ape style high five with my reborn hand.

2008 psychedelic experience. thanks.

iw0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 503
« Reply #33646 on: June 05, 2022, 08:55:20 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

lol the stance you have is making it look like some kinda chinese foot binding apparatus

he's just new shoe goofin'

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1109
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #33647 on: June 06, 2022, 07:27:38 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

he's just new shoe goofin'

Yeah, going to need to stick with mirror shots from now on. Taking photos of your own shoes is hard…

shawngreg

• Rep: 63
« Reply #33648 on: June 06, 2022, 09:12:08 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

x2!!  holy shit dude, these are sick looking now hahaa.  can you post some more pics?

intendedreceivers

« Reply #33649 on: June 06, 2022, 03:55:42 PM »
Weather’s been shit, so I still haven’t skated them, but I wore them to a soggy graduation party to ease them into service. Here’s a couple more pics. Think these’ll look wild when the grip wears that outsole stain away.

Frank and Fred

« Reply #33650 on: June 06, 2022, 04:53:28 PM »
Finally trying something other than 212s... So Comfy.

Goblinoid

• Rep: 24
« Reply #33651 on: June 08, 2022, 05:47:49 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

x2!!  holy shit dude, these are sick looking now hahaa.  can you post some more pics?

What's the fit like on these? I have super wide feet and worried they might be kinda narrow like blazers

intendedreceivers

« Reply #33652 on: June 08, 2022, 03:41:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

What's the fit like on these? I have super wide feet and worried they might be kinda narrow like blazers

I have pretty average feet (9.5, maybe a little on the tall side because of a high arch). The length on these is true, but they are definitely “roomy” inside. I put my aftermarket insole on top of the stock one, and I still have to wear extra thick socks to fill them up. They also feel pretty soft and broken-in out of the box, so I’d give them a try.

Goblinoid

• Rep: 24
« Reply #33653 on: June 09, 2022, 06:31:17 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I have pretty average feet (9.5, maybe a little on the tall side because of a high arch). The length on these is true, but they are definitely “roomy” inside. I put my aftermarket insole on top of the stock one, and I still have to wear extra thick socks to fill them up. They also feel pretty soft and broken-in out of the box, so I’d give them a try.

Just what I wanted to hear, thank you

braksabbath

• Rep: 192
« Reply #33654 on: June 09, 2022, 11:13:38 AM »
Will 10.5 Tyshawn cups fit the same as my 10.5 Matchbreak vulcs?

intendedreceivers

« Reply #33655 on: June 09, 2022, 06:34:55 PM »

Comparing 9.5 Tyshawn Low vs. 9.5 Matchbreak Super: I didn’t size up, but you probably could if a tighter toe box is going to bother you. The Tyshawn definitely have less wiggle room up front.

GBLange

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 273
« Reply #33656 on: June 09, 2022, 08:02:24 PM »
pretty stiff for skating but good for walking around oil palm & fruit estate.. my 2nd pair of Explorer

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 478
« Reply #33657 on: June 11, 2022, 12:12:46 AM »
I feel like Tyshawn low and mid run 0.5 small, while the Matchbreak runs TTS. That's just me tho
« Last Edit: June 12, 2022, 02:52:10 AM by DarkPools »
Super Champion Fun Zone

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 510
« Reply #33658 on: June 14, 2022, 05:16:22 PM »
Found these Jack Purcells at a thrift store for 6 bucks.  After scrubbing with hot soapy water they cleaned up well.  They have a suede ollie patch and Zoom insoles but I don’t think they’re a skate model, the Polar ones were similar but all suede I’m pretty sure.

AsianVegan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 95
« Reply #33659 on: June 14, 2022, 06:03:25 PM »
I think they might be a skate model - had a really similar pair called the JP Pro's, they said CONS on the heel and also had a little CONS tag near the ankle collar. Still for 6 bucks either way you're golden.