Author Topic: Post the shoes you're wearing.  (Read 4531490 times)

Jebediah

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 111
Re: Post the shoes you're wearing.
« Reply #34110 on: February 26, 2023, 02:29:22 PM »
I think those could kick over a small building

Urtripping

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 527
« Reply #34111 on: February 26, 2023, 06:06:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
With the brown pants and black t shirt

[close]

With a white shirt, you would have been wearing the uniform from some of the early slap days.

I broke out a pair of the uprise halfcabs from…2019? Ish… I had been saving em for the ‘right time’, where, hopefully, I was skating ok and had the matching kit. None of that happened, but the shoes felt nice, helped that I’m skating old boards with less grip.
I was impressed with how hot my feet got, on a really cold day, and then the pain the following day in lower legs and ankles. I am in poor shape, old, stiff, and have been skating intermittently due to work and weather, so it is certainly not on the shoe.
My usual is dunks, and those feel nice, but don’t look nearly as good. My setup time between tricks probably increased as I would gaze down at the feets and reminisce about some of the greats. And then I’d bail a slow moving flippy
[close]

Sometimes I think we’re the same person.
[close]

❤️ 💔 ❤️

Hive Mind
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

Pasta Monster

« Reply #34112 on: March 07, 2023, 07:15:28 AM »

TTS. They would be perfect with elastic tongue straps and longer laces.

fistful0dynamite

« Reply #34113 on: March 07, 2023, 02:41:43 PM »

TTS. They would be perfect with elastic tongue straps and longer laces.
It took me like 10 minutes to realize these are the mike arnolds

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 265
« Reply #34114 on: March 07, 2023, 10:39:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

With a white shirt, you would have been wearing the uniform from some of the early slap days.

I broke out a pair of the uprise halfcabs from…2019? Ish… I had been saving em for the ‘right time’, where, hopefully, I was skating ok and had the matching kit. None of that happened, but the shoes felt nice, helped that I’m skating old boards with less grip.
I was impressed with how hot my feet got, on a really cold day, and then the pain the following day in lower legs and ankles. I am in poor shape, old, stiff, and have been skating intermittently due to work and weather, so it is certainly not on the shoe.
My usual is dunks, and those feel nice, but don’t look nearly as good. My setup time between tricks probably increased as I would gaze down at the feets and reminisce about some of the greats. And then I’d bail a slow moving flippy
[close]

[close]

❤️ 💔 ❤️
[close]

Hive Mind

Why am I seemingly the only person who can’t get enough length out of my half cab laces

Nacho Maildrop

« Reply #34115 on: March 08, 2023, 08:02:14 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

❤️ 💔 ❤️
[close]

Hive Mind
[close]

Why am I seemingly the only person who can’t get enough length out of my half cab laces

I think they just use the same laces of all of them, and length-wise they're optimized for smaller sizes. What size shoe are you? I wear an 11.5 in the current Half Cabs and the laces are indeed too short. 

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #34116 on: March 08, 2023, 09:51:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

❤️ 💔 ❤️
[close]

Hive Mind
[close]

[close]

I think they just use the same laces of all of them, and length-wise they're optimized for smaller sizes. What size shoe are you? I wear an 11.5 in the current Half Cabs and the laces are indeed too short.

Well, there you go.  I’m an 11.  Hah thanks.     

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1296
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #34117 on: March 08, 2023, 10:38:21 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

❤️ 💔 ❤️
[close]

Hive Mind
[close]

[close]

[close]

I wear a 10.5 and I replace the laces immediately. I bought a multipack of fatter, flat laces that are a poly/cotton blend so they're a little more durable and I put those in when I take them out of the box. The laces are definitely too short but also kinda trash overall.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

Pasta Monster

« Reply #34118 on: March 08, 2023, 11:28:13 AM »

There were very few shoes from 2005-2015 that didn’t require cutting shoelaces because they were excessively long, even when laced up all the way. Now, I have the opposite issue, which is the same as others, finding laces to be too short.

I got these ahead of time for the rainy season:

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #34119 on: March 08, 2023, 11:55:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

❤️ 💔 ❤️
[close]

Hive Mind
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
I wear a 10.5 and I replace the laces immediately. I bought a multipack of fatter, flat laces that are a poly/cotton blend so they're a little more durable and I put those in when I take them out of the box. The laces are definitely too short but also kinda trash overall.

What length do you get?

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1296
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #34120 on: March 08, 2023, 12:06:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

❤️ 💔 ❤️
[close]

Hive Mind
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

What length do you get?
52"/132cm have worked for me with just under 12" on either side to tie. I don't lace up to the top eyelet on Half Cabs but I did just now and I wound up with just under 9" to tie. That was tight but tieable. The next size up is 63" which would probably need to be cut to not be all over the place.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

Gnarfunkell

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 133
« Reply #34121 on: March 08, 2023, 01:23:44 PM »

iw0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 503
« Reply #34122 on: March 08, 2023, 07:12:54 PM »

Gnarfunkell

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #34123 on: March 09, 2023, 04:55:41 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

carnivorous plants?

Yes I was in my gf's plant room for better lighting haha. That row you can see are ones getting ready to be moved to her "bog" set up.

TurdyBird

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 154
  • <3
« Reply #34124 on: March 09, 2023, 04:30:33 PM »
@chronicbackpain @Gnarfunkell trying to decide which laces I like more and if I want to keep the lace stopper. Stoked on these either way.

The chillest1

offkilter

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
« Reply #34125 on: March 09, 2023, 06:29:43 PM »

Mike has been my favorite skater for years now, after putting them on I immediately ordered two more pairs, they are really nice.

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 648
« Reply #34126 on: March 09, 2023, 08:36:43 PM »
Damn every is really fucking with these new Mike Arnold shoes! They do look really nice, I love that colorway

iw0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 503
« Reply #34127 on: March 09, 2023, 08:56:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

carnivorous plants?
[close]

Yes I was in my gf's plant room for better lighting haha. That row you can see are ones getting ready to be moved to her "bog" set up.

awesome i'm jealous, very nice looking set up & happy looking plants

Tom Pearl

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 204
« Reply #34128 on: March 10, 2023, 05:12:20 AM »
all i wear is halfcabs, i dont lace them past the metal colored eyelet but i always wear thick ass boot socks when i skate and they fit like a glove.

i would suggest this to more people, it really helps to keep your foot locked in place and you can keep them somewhat loosely laced and not looking all tight and goofy

Gnarfunkell

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #34129 on: March 10, 2023, 06:07:53 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

carnivorous plants?
[close]

[close]

awesome i'm jealous, very nice looking set up & happy looking plants

I should have included more of them in the background! She has so many plants that she has a spreadsheet to track them all lmao.

I knew folks on slap would end up snagging the Arnolds. They ride that fine line of being an interesting shoe while being subtle if you don't really take time to look at the details. I had to go a half size up since they didn't have my usual size, so I'm having a hard time with the laces. I think I'll take them up through the highest eyelet so that I don't need to tie the laces past the stopper.

Radim

• Rep: 12
« Reply #34130 on: March 10, 2023, 09:11:29 AM »
Fountain of Youth since 1995. Thank you Skateboarding!

Creature 8.0 - Venture 5.2 - F4 52/99a

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #34131 on: March 10, 2023, 05:16:58 PM »
all i wear is halfcabs, i dont lace them past the metal colored eyelet but i always wear thick ass boot socks when i skate and they fit like a glove.

i would suggest this to more people, it really helps to keep your foot locked in place and you can keep them somewhat loosely laced and not looking all tight and goofy

I would but the new tongues really perk up unless you tie them down.   I’ve never been a fan of the tongue periscope look

Krooked antihero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 159
« Reply #34132 on: March 11, 2023, 12:13:00 AM »

Sievi Air Racer  ;D
europe's like the capitol of england and france and whatever

It sucks getting old.

Bristol_Palin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 505
« Reply #34133 on: March 13, 2023, 04:32:59 PM »

same.

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #34134 on: March 15, 2023, 07:47:27 AM »

animalflesh

« Reply #34135 on: March 15, 2023, 06:51:27 PM »

Regular converse

FrenchSkater

• Rep: 28
« Reply #34136 on: March 16, 2023, 05:04:39 AM »
For those who have already tried both, which is the best shoe for skating: The emerica tilt G6 Vulc or the NB Westgate 508?

I ordered these 2 pairs, but I can't choose which one I'm going to skate with. What is the best in terms of protection for the heels and the back ? I know that the emerica is a vulc but it seems the G6 sole works wonders.. but i skate cupsole since 4 years now..

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 330
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #34137 on: March 16, 2023, 09:54:07 AM »
^The Tilt does not use the G6 sole. It's a vulcanized shoe with the "G6" insole. Very different to the actual G6 cupsoles. They need to change the marketing because a lot of shops still think they're the same thing too. I've seen a lot of the normal slipons incorrectly listed as "G6 slip cups" etc.

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 479
« Reply #34138 on: March 16, 2023, 11:14:50 AM »
^The Tilt does not use the G6 sole. It's a vulcanized shoe with the "G6" insole. Very different to the actual G6 cupsoles. They need to change the marketing because a lot of shops still think they're the same thing too. I've seen a lot of the normal slipons incorrectly listed as "G6 slip cups" etc.

Sounds like an issue by the shops posting the models and not actually by Emerica. I see shops get info wrong about numerous other non-soletech brands' tech, too. If any of the employees read the catalog properly or Emerica's online summary on the shoes they ordered to sell, I guarantee there would be less confusion when translating that to shop's in person and online descriptions.

Every summary of G6 models I have seen (cups and vulcs) is crystal clear on whether it uses the G6 pour in sole or uses a G6 insole (all vulcs that have G6 attached to their name, basically).

Same thing for etnies and whether they have Michelin and/or STI insoles or not.
Super Champion Fun Zone

ChompskyHonk

• Rep: 8
  • flow state in the bruh dimension
« Reply #34139 on: March 16, 2023, 12:11:58 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Sounds like an issue by the shops posting the models and not actually by Emerica. I see shops get info wrong about numerous other non-soletech brands' tech, too. If any of the employees read the catalog properly or Emerica's online summary on the shoes they ordered to sell, I guarantee there would be less confusion when translating that to shop's in person and online descriptions.

Every summary of G6 models I have seen (cups and vulcs) is crystal clear on whether it uses the G6 pour in sole or uses a G6 insole (all vulcs that have G6 attached to their name, basically).

Same thing for etnies and whether they have Michelin and/or STI insoles or not.

nah soletech model summaries are pretty misleading. in the case of accel ogs, they are advertised as having the nicer sti foam insoles but they just have regular, paper thin, non-removable insoles. meanwhile, the accel slims have those nicer insoles. that reminds me that i’ve been meaning to change out the insoles in my accel ogs because they’re pretty shit and my feet would prolly appreciate some additional cushioning and support