Author Topic: Post the shoes you're wearing.  (Read 4576044 times)

Mr. Pickles

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 46
Re: Post the shoes you're wearing.
« Reply #34560 on: June 23, 2023, 01:52:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
according to my German grandmother (Oma), putting shoes on the table means a family member will die. I really feel for the massive losses suffered by that poster.
[close]

yeah, mine did too. germans think the weirdest shit man. after all, the way to tell kids of my generation to sit still at the table and eat up their meals was to tell them that some psychotic demon dude with giant scissors will come and gleefully cut all your fingers off if you don't, and that in that case they can't help you. among other things lol.

another bullshit story that's passed around in germany is that if everytime you light a cig on a candle someone will drown at sea. 
[close]

Struwwelpeter scarred me for life. That educational style is called poisonous pedagogy nowadays, and that's exactly what it is.

Quick little correction on the other story: the original story goes that a sailor dies every time you light your cig on a candle because sailors used to sell matches to make ends meet when they were at port (and therefore without pay) for extended periods of time. So while wildly exaggerated, that's one of the few stories that actually have some grain of truth in them.

And now back to our regular programming:

[close]
Damn Lynx zero stop trying to seduce me...
Those without supeglue on the stitching= death?
[close]

I got well over 100 hours of "flick-centered" (for lack of a better word) skating out of my first pair without superglueing them. Haven't skated these ones yet, but I don't expect them to hold up any worse.
[close]
Awesome.
That was my biggest drawback regarding trying those eventually. I hate to pay money for shoes that need to be superglued.
[close]
I just picked up 2 pairs of these (different color ways) for $29 total SHIPPED from the DC site. If they suck, so be it.
[close]

I picked up a pair on that sale as well, will post pictures when I get around to it but they seem really solid, super comfy and a better fit than the 808s were.

How did you get 2 pairs for $29 shipped? I got one pair of the Lynx Zero for $22.
I just ordered yesterday. With the half off they came out to $16.50 each, signed up for free shipping and found a 20% off code.

moonordie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 45
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #34561 on: June 24, 2023, 01:08:21 AM »

Not crazy about the color but it could be worse + I paid 45€ so I'm pretty happy.
Ps: ofc those are not the right pants, I was coming from work and wanted to try the shoes asap.
Sir, I'm going to politely, but firmly, ask you and your common sense to leave this establishment.

thehogsniper

• Rep: 42
« Reply #34562 on: June 24, 2023, 12:02:18 PM »
Been wearing these a lot as chillers and loving them. Lynx is just insanely comfortable with an insole swap, ripstop material is nice, the Nubuck is super durable. Honestly for what I paid ($65) I'm quite happy.

TheCrimsonShroud

• Rep: 98
« Reply #34563 on: June 25, 2023, 09:36:54 PM »
I’m colorblind so hopefully these are a nice shade of green

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 260
« Reply #34564 on: June 25, 2023, 09:53:28 PM »

I’ll be the one to tell you you’re wearing orange socks with them

ToySanta

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 126
« Reply #34565 on: June 26, 2023, 09:52:29 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I’ll be the one to tell you you’re wearing orange Emerica. socks with them

They are a nice shade of mint.

TheCrimsonShroud

« Reply #34566 on: June 26, 2023, 11:01:58 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Orange/blue/teal/green are probably my favorite combos

Jim and Dan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 510
  • Twenty-six Conversions in A.D. 46
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #34567 on: June 26, 2023, 12:36:33 PM »

Been riding a real white shoe wave the last couple of years, couldn't resist the $27.00 purchase on these.
Roll for Rusty, Frip, Dapple and Tate

"My boiz better take my body, and boardslide me down the fucking bridge, in San Francisco"

ridethegutter

• Rep: 71
« Reply #34568 on: June 27, 2023, 01:56:50 PM »
Just got some $24 lynx zeros. They are actually pretty comfortable.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #34569 on: June 27, 2023, 10:01:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Not being rude, just curious: how can you tell?   Do you only have limited color blindness (or were you kidding about that originally?)

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #34570 on: June 28, 2023, 09:11:04 PM »
First contribution - chuffed on these two.   Unworn which is why they’re on the table

Memoria.

« Reply #34571 on: June 28, 2023, 09:14:19 PM »
Man, those New Balance look great.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #34572 on: June 28, 2023, 09:50:12 PM »
Man, those New Balance look great.

Yeah, I hadn’t purchased a pair since the original Arto colorway, but this pair looked too sick to pass up.   Really love the blue soles too. 

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 511
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #34573 on: June 28, 2023, 10:13:57 PM »
Wow that colourway on the 440s is magic.
I just picked up some VM001 Last Resorts in navy blue for $40 AUD in my size.  Wild stuff.

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1204
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #34574 on: June 29, 2023, 03:28:41 PM »

Just picked up the new LRAB cups, shout out to Kingswell. Crazy how comfortable they are. Ugly as fucking hell.

TheCrimsonShroud

« Reply #34575 on: June 29, 2023, 04:16:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Not being rude, just curious: how can you tell?   Do you only have limited color blindness (or were you kidding about that originally?)

Not rude at all, and I’m glad to spread a little info. I have mild tritanopia—the I inability to see shades of blue. A good example: my sofa is apparently grey. It looks like a very lush and dark green to me. I can’t see the blue shades in it, so I don’t see it as grey.

I can tell because in my case, my inability to see shades only really affects darker ones. I can see more vibrant ones fine. And so I have a fondness for them. Aqua, sage green, enamel green (like my Nikes), powder blue, etc

TheCrimsonShroud

« Reply #34576 on: June 29, 2023, 04:18:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Not rude at all, and I’m glad to spread a little info. I have mild tritanopia—the I inability to see shades of blue. A good example: my sofa is apparently grey. It looks like a very lush and dark green to me. I can’t see the blue shades in it, so I don’t see it as grey.

I can tell because in my case, my inability to see shades only really affects darker ones. I can see more vibrant ones fine. And so I have a fondness for them. Aqua, sage green, enamel green (like my Nikes), powder blue, etc

TheCrimsonShroud

« Reply #34577 on: June 29, 2023, 04:55:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #34578 on: June 29, 2023, 06:25:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

That makes a lot of sense, thanks for sharing!

Cesspool86

• Rep: 60
« Reply #34579 on: June 30, 2023, 03:24:54 PM »

Got these from my local today. Shout out push skate shop. I like the toebox on this shoe, gives me a good flick

TheCrimsonShroud

« Reply #34580 on: July 01, 2023, 05:41:44 PM »
I was gonna post these vans I just got but instead I took em off and am sending them back. They’re Sk8 Hi and man the regular vans feel cheap af these days. Terrible Walmart insole, cheap laces, etc. I literally got No Boundary Chuck rip offs for $4 from Wally World and the quality is about the same as these vans.

JimmyFive

• Rep: 64
« Reply #34581 on: July 03, 2023, 02:56:59 AM »
The regular Sk8 Hi is rubbish. Make sure you get the "Skate" version.

Cord Winer

• Rep: 1
« Reply #34582 on: July 03, 2023, 04:28:36 AM »

Got these from my local today. Shout out push skate shop. I like the toebox on this shoe, gives me a good flick
Those look nice. Did anyone else drop shit into those vents that dude is standing on when they were younger?

pops

• Rep: 263
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #34583 on: July 03, 2023, 10:12:55 AM »

Are these tts? I had to size up .5 in most DC cups.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 45
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #34584 on: July 03, 2023, 11:10:31 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Are these tts? I had to size up .5 in most DC cups.

Tried them last week that I felt I could even go .5 down. Best colorway ever btw
Sir, I'm going to politely, but firmly, ask you and your common sense to leave this establishment.

animalflesh

« Reply #34585 on: July 03, 2023, 12:24:57 PM »

Just picked up the new LRAB cups, shout out to Kingswell. Crazy how comfortable they are. Ugly as fucking hell.

They look sick don’t even lie

TheCrimsonShroud

« Reply #34586 on: July 03, 2023, 01:43:42 PM »
It’s just silly though. Imagine if you had to pay more for the “basketball” version of Jordans. Like, vans are supposedly for skating

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1074
  • Just another skate shop guy
« Reply #34587 on: July 03, 2023, 05:53:09 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
It’s just silly though. Imagine if you had to pay more for the “basketball” version of Jordans. Like, vans are supposedly for skating

Ha yeah for sure!

The only difference is there is a lot more to the Skate or even the older Pro range, but I wouldn't know if there was anything different at all in the Jordan shoe.

A single dollar more at the manufacturing end will often end up in the ten dollar plus range at retail stores though, twenty if it is here in AU or other places that have more hands to pass through to get to the end consumer.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

TheCrimsonShroud

« Reply #34588 on: July 03, 2023, 06:30:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Ha yeah for sure!

The only difference is there is a lot more to the Skate or even the older Pro range, but I wouldn't know if there was anything different at all in the Jordan shoe.

A single dollar more at the manufacturing end will often end up in the ten dollar plus range at retail stores though, twenty if it is here in AU or other places that have more hands to pass through to get to the end consumer.

Oh I believe it. I do have a pair of pro authentic that are pretty ok. My favorite thing about them was actually the insole lol, which I typically just put in shoes I like more than said vans

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #34589 on: July 03, 2023, 08:42:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Ha yeah for sure!

The “skate” version of the Jordan 4s are miles better in comfort than the regular ones to the point where I heard they might be changing the regular one to incorporate the changes made by the SB version.  (I think I saw Koston alluding to something like that)