Author Topic: Post the shoes you're wearing.  (Read 4576186 times)

sadBUTtrue

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 9
Re: Post the shoes you're wearing.
« Reply #34650 on: July 15, 2023, 11:25:04 AM »

Aloha Super

MFS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65425
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #34651 on: July 18, 2023, 07:42:58 PM »

Found the jahs on sale today, had to scoop.

thehogsniper

• Rep: 42
« Reply #34652 on: July 19, 2023, 09:33:40 PM »

Aloha Super
How do you like these, I've never really heard a good review on them?

pops

• Rep: 263
« Reply #34653 on: July 19, 2023, 11:02:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

First pair of lynx ever
[close]

Haha nice mine came in the mail this afternoon. The orange socks are a nice touch!

Pretty sure these are the first DC's I've ever owned let alone Lynx. Definitely, the puffiest tongue shoe I've ever worn. They feel nice though. Just a little stiff and need minor breaking in.

[close]

Mine are comfortable except there’s a seam right here where the tongue and toe cap meet that’s pushing right into my big toe as I walk. I’ve tried microwaving and bending, and laced them a couple of different ways which helped, but hasn’t gone away completely
[close]
I've had the same problem in my mantecas, but with my pinky toe. Only time helped. I had to wear them casually a bit, and sometimes with thick ass socks, but I don't notice it any more.

I have had these issues with pretty much every shoe. While it can be some kind of production defect, I claim it's my foot issues not the shoes in my case.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2023, 01:00:35 AM by pops »

sadBUTtrue

• Rep: 9
« Reply #34654 on: July 20, 2023, 11:14:44 AM »
Expand Quote

Aloha Super
[close]
How do you like these, I've never really heard a good review on them?
I dig em fit TTS for me, They are a little floppy overall but not mad at it. These have some terry esq liner so a little toasty. Good flick.

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1209
  • old and in the way
« Reply #34655 on: July 22, 2023, 04:22:54 PM »

mac attack

such a sweet colorway too @os89

ChompskyHonk

• Rep: 8
  • flow state in the bruh dimension
« Reply #34656 on: July 24, 2023, 06:54:23 AM »

I'm so pressed I saw these in my size on parade world for the low and was hesitant to cop cuz they're like that nubuck/synthetic nubuck material then a few weeks later I saw parade world was shutting down

jdpetitpas

• Rep: 18
« Reply #34657 on: July 24, 2023, 10:06:32 AM »
Somehow I got my hands on a pretty much brand new pair of c1rca Colt Cannons
Things are sick, the huge tongue is definitely a weird feeling at first after skating slimmer shoes for so many years but awesome regardless

Hope to be skating them sometime soon

MFS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65425
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #34658 on: July 24, 2023, 03:12:28 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I'm so pressed I saw these in my size on parade world for the low and was hesitant to cop cuz they're like that nubuck/synthetic nubuck material then a few weeks later I saw parade world was shutting down

Im actaully a fan of the materials. They broke in really nicely too and are the most comfotable pair of lynxs i have.

Reese Bruno

• Rep: -49
« Reply #34659 on: July 25, 2023, 04:34:43 AM »
Somehow I got my hands on a pretty much brand new pair of c1rca Colt Cannons
Things are sick, the huge tongue is definitely a weird feeling at first after skating slimmer shoes for so many years but awesome regardless

Hope to be skating them sometime soon

Appropriate pants/shoe combo for sure

ChompskyHonk

• Rep: 8
  • flow state in the bruh dimension
« Reply #34660 on: July 25, 2023, 07:06:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Im actaully a fan of the materials. They broke in really nicely too and are the most comfotable pair of lynxs i have.

I'm still kicking myself for not copping dude. I got a pair of grey/red lynx ogs that I've been skating for almost 2 months and they skate so well but the sole is almost worn through so I'm getting the itch to get another. kinda regret skating these bc the grey/reds are damn near impossible to find in my size and for reasonable prices but whatever

marcusbutler

• Rep: 45
« Reply #34661 on: July 25, 2023, 08:49:32 PM »

NB 440's. Probably the best shoe i've skated.
We rode 7.5's" and didn't complain.

JimmyFive

• Rep: 64
« Reply #34662 on: July 26, 2023, 02:15:27 AM »

I had the same impression when I skated those tan and gum 440 lows. This week bought the highs hoping for the same fit and feel but they fit at least a half size larger :(

I'm trying to make them work by playing around with insoles. Had anyone else had this experience? I've heard the size can differ depending on colorway?  Has anyone else had this experience?

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 44
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #34663 on: July 26, 2023, 03:50:21 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I had the same impression when I skated those tan and gum 440 lows. This week bought the highs hoping for the same fit and feel but they fit at least a half size larger :(

I'm trying to make them work by playing around with insoles. Had anyone else had this experience? I've heard the size can differ depending on colorway?  Has anyone else had this experience?
I added a thin entra insole and that helped.
Sir, I'm going to politely, but firmly, ask you and your common sense to leave this establishment.

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #34664 on: July 26, 2023, 06:12:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
I added a thin entra insole and that helped.
If you have an old insole you can cut the heel cup off 3 or four inches and glue it vertically to the back of the shoe with the heel cup facing down and in. Should push your foot a little more towards the front. Kinda ratchet but it works.

intendedreceivers

• Rep: 204
« Reply #34665 on: July 26, 2023, 09:31:10 AM »
Dusting off my third pair of Gazelle ADVs, and this might be my favorite variation. Also have/had the classic black & white suede as well as the all leather version, but this “90s-inspired” build is really nice with the extra padding in the tongue/collar and the terry cloth lining. The gum rubber feels better than white rubber out the box, too.

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 482
« Reply #34666 on: July 26, 2023, 02:43:22 PM »
Stepped out in some Es Silo SC to chill in. That classic K3 colorway, too!

Super Champion Fun Zone

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 259
« Reply #34667 on: July 26, 2023, 03:02:11 PM »

Side shot makes it look like you have a gap between your heel and the shoe

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #34668 on: July 26, 2023, 06:22:25 PM »
Expand Quote

[Images]

[close]

That's probably because I was leaning slightly forward and my knee is slightly bent, so my foot was pushed forward in the shoe. Just enough to make it look like I regularly have that gap, even when I do not.
Super Champion Fun Zone

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 259
« Reply #34669 on: July 26, 2023, 08:06:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[Images]

[close]

[close]

That's probably because I was leaning slightly forward and my knee is slightly bent, so my foot was pushed forward in the shoe. Just enough to make it look like I regularly have that gap, even when I do not.

Ahh I see.  Thought you just might be rocking them a size bigger

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 530
« Reply #34670 on: July 26, 2023, 10:53:43 PM »

Li Ning Ellingtons, easily the most comfortable pair of skate shoes I've had.

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 172
« Reply #34671 on: July 27, 2023, 12:21:40 AM »

Damn, I'm really curious about this shoe. Could you make an extended review about it?

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #34672 on: July 27, 2023, 12:31:12 AM »
Damn that midsole looks like the Styrofoam in disposable coolers hahah
Super Champion Fun Zone

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #34673 on: July 27, 2023, 12:57:40 AM »
Damn that midsole looks like the Styrofoam in disposable coolers hahah

Looks like some kind of "boost" material used in adidas or Saucony

tzhangdox

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #34674 on: July 27, 2023, 01:35:07 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Damn, I'm really curious about this shoe. Could you make an extended review about it?

Ya, that midsole low key does feel like boost too.

Fits true to size and secure (for me at least), super light, supportive, stable feeling.

Normally I skate tiagos (1010s only, 808s dont fit), or 440s, dunks and Js if I swap out the insoles on the latter three for superfeet.

These are thicker and more cushioned than any of the above, especially under the forefoot which is very rare these days. The midsole is very substantial, and even the insole is a little thicker and denser than the tiagos insole. Tiagos have a very pronounced arch which I really like, these are a little flatter but not completely flat, kinda like dunks, but way squishier of course.

They're quite flexible out the box without much break in. But because the midsole is so thick, despite being flexible and light, I do notice the lack of boardfeel in the forefoot area affecting my consistency a bit. Mostly on flatground tricks and round bars where I feel that I need a lot of precision if I don't want the board to flip upon landing in certain grinds.

I guess the best way to describe it is... I feel a little higher up and detached from the board and I don't have quite as good awareness of where my foot is on the tail etc, even though the shoe still flexes better than most cupsoles out the box. The foam in the midsole feels more like adidas boost than something harder and denser too, so its a tad bouncy.

Obviously the upside to all this is that impact support is very very good. Significantly better than dunks, Js, tiago 1010s. The bottoms of my feet feel super good even after a long session.

I'd maybe describe it as a thicker, wider, more stable project BA, or a really light flexible supra skytop iii if any of you had those back in the day.

Honestly, they feel more like a flexible running/chilling shoe with a flat skateable outsole.

I took out the insole and put in a tiago insole, and it definitely helped it make it feel more like a traditional skate shoe, made my foot sit closer to the board, made it feel a little roomy though, could probably go half size down if I did that permanently.

Durability looks promising, no concerns there. Grip and flick are totally fine. I don't really notice grip and flick on shoes ever sucking too much unless they dont fit my feet, are vulcs (too grabby for me), or are so old that the rubber is hardening.

Not a boardfeel freak by any measure, but I think I will go back to 1010s as my go to shoe for now... just a little bit more feedback and connection to the board which helps with tech stuff (most of what I skate). But definitely will be skating these a good amount especially if a) if I'm not planning on doing anything too technical b) feet/body is sore c) I'm gonna be out and about and might be pushing/walking/chilling as much or more than skating.

They're more comfortable than my air max 95s, acg air madas, asics gel lyte classics... well on par with NB 990s, maybe even better.

If you're okay with skating stuff like the old emerica reynolds g6 cups, NB 808s I imagine, then I think you'll love these. I def do, but perhaps not as my go to if I'm trying to do flip ins or dust my friends in games of skate.

Oh will say the transclucent ripstop toe panel thing looks kinda weird, and the ventilation holes under make them kinda look like crocs... kinda weird look down factor. I filled it all up with a white paint pen but it faded after a session.

If I was the CEO of Li Ning, I'd redesign the toe panel to look a little more normal, make the arch a little more pronounced like tiagos, and make the midsole under the forefoot just a little thinner (but still thicker than tiagos), and have your foot sit maybe just a hair lower to the ground, maybe slightly thicker dunk like laces too, then boom thats close to my perfect shoe.

Sorry that was more of an incoherent ramble than an extended review lol lmk if you have any qs
« Last Edit: July 27, 2023, 01:47:23 AM by tzhangdox »

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #34675 on: July 27, 2023, 01:50:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Fits true to size and secure (for me at least), super light, supportive, stable feeling.

Normally I skate tiagos (1010s only, 808s dont fit), or 440s, dunks and Js if I swap out the insoles on the latter three for superfeet.

These are thicker and more cushioned than any of the above, especially under the forefoot which is very rare these days. The midsole is very substantial, and even the insole is a little thicker and denser than the tiagos insole. Tiagos have a very pronounced arch which I really like, these are a little flatter but not completely flat, kinda like dunks, but way squishier of course.

They're quite flexible out the box without much break in. But because the midsole is so thick, despite being flexible and light, I do notice the lack of boardfeel in the forefoot area affecting my consistency a bit. Mostly on flatground tricks and round bars where I feel that I need a lot of precision if I don't want the board to flip upon landing in certain grinds.

I guess the best way to describe it is... I feel a little higher up and detached from the board and I don't have quite as good awareness of where my foot is on the tail etc, even though the shoe still flexes better than most cupsoles out the box. The foam in the midsole feels more like adidas boost than something harder and denser too, so its a tad bouncy.

Obviously the upside to all this is that impact support is very very good. Significantly better than dunks, Js, tiago 1010s. The bottoms of my feet feel super good even after a long session.

I'd maybe describe it as a thicker, wider, more stable project BA, or a really light flexible supra skytop iii if any of you had those back in the day.

Honestly, they feel more like a flexible running/chilling shoe with a flat skateable outsole.

I took out the insole and put in a tiago insole, and it definitely helped it make it feel more like a traditional skate shoe, made my foot sit closer to the board, made it feel a little roomy though, could probably go half size down if I did that permanently.

Durability looks promising, no concerns there. Grip and flick are totally fine. I don't really notice grip and flick on shoes ever sucking too much unless they dont fit my feet, are vulcs (too grabby for me), or are so old that the rubber is hardening.

Not a boardfeel freak by any measure, but I think I will go back to 1010s as my go to shoe for now... just a little bit more feedback and connection to the board which helps with tech stuff (most of what I skate). But definitely will be skating these a good amount especially if a) if I'm not planning on doing anything too technical b) feet/body is sore c) I'm gonna be out and about and might be pushing/walking/chilling as much or more than skating.

They're more comfortable than my air max 95s, acg air madas, asics gel lyte classics... well on par with NB 990s, maybe even better.

If you're okay with skating stuff like the old emerica reynolds g6 cups, NB 808s I imagine, then I think you'll love these. I def do, but perhaps not as my go to if I'm trying to do flip ins or dust my friends in games of skate.

Oh will say the transclucent ripstop toe panel thing looks kinda weird, and the ventilation holes under make them kinda look like crocs... kinda weird look down factor. I filled it all up with a white paint pen but it faded after a session.

If I was the CEO of Li Ning, I'd redesign the toe panel to look a little more normal, make the arch a little more pronounced like tiagos, and make the midsole under the forefoot just a little thinner (but still thicker than tiagos), and have your foot sit maybe just a hair lower to the ground, maybe slightly thicker dunk like laces too, then boom thats close to my perfect shoe.

Sorry that was more of an incoherent ramble than an extended review lol lmk if you have any qs

Thanks a lot for the review, it seems like an interesting shoe and well thought, I'd like to try them one day.

tzhangdox

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #34676 on: July 27, 2023, 02:03:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Thanks a lot for the review, it seems like an interesting shoe and well thought, I'd like to try them one day.

Np. Also there are two tongue loops on each shoe... and centering straps inside. Pretty funny, way overkill lol.

Yeah, as much as I am pretty certain I skate a bit better in tiagos, 440s, dunks and Js (honestly I probably skate the best in Js). I've been finding it really really difficult to go out to skate in any of those other shoes just because these are so damn comfortable.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2023, 02:24:42 AM by tzhangdox »

Crap

• Rep: 77
« Reply #34677 on: July 27, 2023, 07:15:02 AM »
God, those Li Nings sound like they feel incredible.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 44
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #34678 on: July 27, 2023, 08:23:17 AM »
God, those Li Nings sound like they feel incredible.
Everytime I hear Li Ning this comes to mind:
Sir, I'm going to politely, but firmly, ask you and your common sense to leave this establishment.

pops

• Rep: 263
« Reply #34679 on: July 27, 2023, 11:51:29 AM »
I found out that the outsole is starting to separate from some parts on my Shanahan Metrics. This one is the inner side of my heel on right foot shoe. Kinda bummed if they fall apart like this since I've been mostly walking in them (not much). Skated these twice so far.