Author Topic: Post the shoes you're wearing.  (Read 4570892 times)

Sandboxcop

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 3
Re: Post the shoes you're wearing.
« Reply #27810 on: April 17, 2018, 06:43:25 PM »
Has anyone here skated the Adidas City Cups yet? Thoughts?

I have the white and gum, I agree, they do fit weird, almost a half size large for me. They skated decently, I wouldn't buy them again, no centering strap definitely kills it for me. I love the busenitz for general wear but that tongue going wild is a pain in the dick.

Then again, the Suciu 1 is the perfect shoe in my eyes so maybe I'm a moron

These just came in today. Put em on and they instantly felt great. A nice snug feeling shoe without actually feeling tight. The sole is essentially already broken in thanks to the hex tread pattern but obviously the upper will take a little while. The tongue is padded which is nice change from literally every other shoe I own and it's got centering straps to keep it in place. Haven't skated them yet but I feel like the mesh is gonna come in handy with making my feet not overheat, especially when July/August hits; but I do a lot of no complies so I'm a little worried on how it'll hold up. Once I've put in a decent amount of sessioning into them I'll report back.

I was so hyped on Lakai for a while, skated the Mariano cups when he was on and I loved the MJ's until I lifted the insole one day and saw the shit was cardboard underneath. I hope things have changed and you got a solid model.
Maybe MJ's outer space brain wanted cardboard

yourfuckingdad

• Rep: -3
« Reply #27811 on: April 18, 2018, 01:23:11 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I have the white and gum, I agree, they do fit weird, almost a half size large for me. They skated decently, I wouldn't buy them again, no centering strap definitely kills it for me. I love the busenitz for general wear but that tongue going wild is a pain in the dick.

Expand Quote

These just came in today. Put em on and they instantly felt great. A nice snug feeling shoe without actually feeling tight. The sole is essentially already broken in thanks to the hex tread pattern but obviously the upper will take a little while. The tongue is padded which is nice change from literally every other shoe I own and it's got centering straps to keep it in place. Haven't skated them yet but I feel like the mesh is gonna come in handy with making my feet not overheat, especially when July/August hits; but I do a lot of no complies so I'm a little worried on how it'll hold up. Once I've put in a decent amount of sessioning into them I'll report back.
[close]

I was so hyped on Lakai for a while, skated the Mariano cups when he was on and I loved the MJ's until I lifted the insole one day and saw the shit was cardboard underneath. I hope things have changed and you got a solid model.

if they are good skate shoes who cares what they're made of?

Davie Dick

• Rep: 14
« Reply #27812 on: April 18, 2018, 02:18:49 PM »

Sandboxcop

« Reply #27813 on: April 18, 2018, 02:29:12 PM »
if they are good skate shoes who cares what they're made of?
[/quote]

I get your logic there and I don't mean to shit on anyone that digs lakai. Just for me personally if I'm spending $60-$70 on shoes that are essentially protecting my feet I'm looking for better materials in them.

That being said, they skated decently but I wasn't going to jump down any sets with them. Different strokes I guess

Leaky McBurnside

• Rep: 10
« Reply #27814 on: April 18, 2018, 05:13:33 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote

[close]

Thats the lasting board. That cardboard is super thin/pliable. the lasting boards function is to have something to sew the last  (upper) on to. Most if not all lasting boards (if the shoe has one) is cardboard. Usually the lasting board is covered in a fabric backed tape.

Sandboxcop

« Reply #27815 on: April 18, 2018, 05:20:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Thats the lasting board. That cardboard is super thin/pliable. the lasting boards function is to have something to sew the last  (upper) on to. Most if not all lasting boards (if the shoe has one) is cardboard. Usually the lasting board is covered in a fabric backed tape.

Fair enough, I wasn't used to seeing that so I will eat my words now

Leaky McBurnside

• Rep: 10
« Reply #27816 on: April 18, 2018, 06:14:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

sorry man. Just thought i would share some footwear nerdery.

Sandboxcop

« Reply #27817 on: April 18, 2018, 06:25:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

sorry man. Just thought i would share some footwear nerdery.

Nah helpful for sure, appreciate the knowledge

El Chupacabra

• Rep: 147
    • Brujaria Skateboards avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #27818 on: April 19, 2018, 04:04:13 PM »
Some goofy old Gonz slips from before Adidas Skateboarding was really a thing.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 714
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #27819 on: April 19, 2018, 05:58:49 PM »

Wow dude! Never saw those!  :o

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
« Reply #27820 on: April 22, 2018, 07:54:08 AM »

I had a pair of those in just plain white with green stripes.  They had some Gonz artwork on the insoles.  Got 'em at Ross for $20.  I never really skated them, but they were cool summer chilling shoes to wear with shorts and no socks.

maggotspawn

• Rep: 4
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #27821 on: April 22, 2018, 07:01:44 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
oh word?
I found them at a shoestore years ago for $25 and saved them. Only wore them on special occasions. Now they're beat enough, where I don't feel bad skating in them. I wish they'd reissue them.

alraunen

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 250
    • www.davidcampillo.net avatar image
« Reply #27822 on: April 22, 2018, 11:39:51 PM »
I started to skate the Lucas ADV, great boardfeel and grip but the cushioning is bad. I will try them with lunaron insoles

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 592
« Reply #27823 on: April 23, 2018, 02:31:47 PM »
I started to skate the Lucas ADV, great boardfeel and grip but the cushioning is bad. I will try them with lunaron insoles
Too thick, I'd go for one of the thicker ortholite insoles
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 308
« Reply #27824 on: April 23, 2018, 02:49:35 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I really wish Adidas would make a skate shoe with decent cushioning. Even when they tried to add Boost they put literally zero padding in the forefoot.

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1203
« Reply #27825 on: April 23, 2018, 02:53:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

I really wish Adidas would make a skate shoe with decent cushioning. Even when they tried to add Boost they put literally zero padding in the forefoot.

Silas 1, Silas 2, and Buz Adv all had nice forefeet
hardly art, hardly starving

alraunen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #27826 on: April 24, 2018, 04:06:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Thanks guys, Ortholite insoles are not available in Europe, they just license their technology to 3rd brands.

Also, FP Insoles distributor of my country doesn't have my size... I'm thinking about getting a DR Scholes insoles in the pharmacy. Probably not the best but at least I can get something on my size

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 232
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #27827 on: April 24, 2018, 07:57:27 AM »

Thanks guys, Ortholite insoles are not available in Europe, they just license their technology to 3rd brands.

Also, FP Insoles distributor of my country doesn't have my size... I'm thinking about getting a DR Scholes insoles in the pharmacy. Probably not the best but at least I can get something on my size

Okay here's what I used to do, go to a zumiez and try on some shoes with the insoles you want, (in my case, prod 7s) and casually swap the insoles and try em on s'more, then put your old shoes back on (with the fresh insoles) and leave the new shoes where you sat and walk out like you forgot to switch 'em back.

Davie Dick

• Rep: 14
« Reply #27828 on: April 24, 2018, 12:47:47 PM »
Okay here's what I used to do, go to a zumiez and try on some shoes with the insoles you want, (in my case, prod 7s) and casually swap the insoles and try em on s'more, then put your old shoes back on (with the fresh insoles) and leave the new shoes where you sat and walk out like you forgot to switch 'em back.
yo i was in a thrift store yesterday and i found some filament shoes with fresh fp insoles and you can bet i swapped those fuckers so quick. Well actually i stacked them in my shoes cause i like the ones i got too, win win.

alraunen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #27829 on: April 24, 2018, 01:25:58 PM »
^that's brilliant

Lloyd Braun

• Rep: 80
« Reply #27830 on: April 24, 2018, 02:15:24 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Genius. What shoes still have Lunar Lon?

I sniff Jim Gagne's butthole all the time

• Rep: -156
« Reply #27831 on: April 25, 2018, 12:29:47 PM »

Mcidraque

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 214
« Reply #27832 on: April 25, 2018, 03:22:14 PM »
First pair of vans i've had in a long time, so far really feeling them walking-skating straight from the box. Being a cupsole guy had been curious about wafflecup for a while.

Bristol_Palin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 542
« Reply #27833 on: April 25, 2018, 09:32:01 PM »
First pair of vans i've had in a long time, so far really feeling them walking-skating straight from the box. Being a cupsole guy had been curious about wafflecup for a while.

I like this color way a lot.

Nth syd bear

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 323
« Reply #27834 on: April 26, 2018, 01:58:30 AM »

I love pumas but those laces look silly

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #27835 on: April 26, 2018, 05:28:23 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I love pumas but those laces look silly
Do you even b-boy?

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
« Reply #27836 on: April 26, 2018, 08:29:46 AM »
Loving these Koston 2's I just started wearing.  Minimal marketing and super comfortable.   

artskool

• Rep: 34
« Reply #27837 on: April 27, 2018, 09:27:43 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I had a pair of those in just plain white with green stripes.  They had some Gonz artwork on the insoles.  Got 'em at Ross for $20.  I never really skated them, but they were cool summer chilling shoes to wear with shorts and no socks.

I had those in black. I was walking around NYC one day and was surprised to see another guy wearing them. I looked up, and it was the Gonz.

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 854
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #27838 on: April 27, 2018, 01:08:59 PM »

Al-D fastbreak
(been remodeling so my floor is hella dusty)

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1203
« Reply #27839 on: April 27, 2018, 01:21:43 PM »
^ ^ would be interested to hear about the fit on those ^^
hardly art, hardly starving