Author Topic: Post the shoes you're wearing.  (Read 4525137 times)

Snackbar and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Technique

Re: Post the shoes you're wearing.
« Reply #31350 on: August 09, 2020, 06:43:13 PM »

Campus Vulc 2s. Not the best shoes I’ve had, but they were cheap. Had to throw in solarsofts from an old pair of nikes because the stock insole is not an insole.

Can I still get on the 440 bandwagon though? I’d be more than happy to, they look cool.

Edit: just looked and they’re sold out apparently. Oh well.
That being said, that exact shoe in that exact colorway, but with “shalom” embroidered on the heel tab would probably mark this historic moment appropriately. Just putting this thought out there.

YungJugg

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 225
« Reply #31351 on: August 09, 2020, 11:46:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Who’s enjoying their pair of Lakai Carroll re-issues ? How’s the fit ?

I’m about to order a pair.
[close]
I have the black/blue pair and they feel good! Comfortable but not too squishy/floppy. It feels like a cupsole but it's not too hard and rigid for a cupsole, either. They feel secure on my foot and I don't tie them super tight to feel that way. I'd say TTS but some people feel like they need to go 0.5 size up. I order the same size as I do in the Atlantic and Proto that I tried last year, which is a similar but slightly narrow fit (in my opinion). Have you had any Lakai cups in the past?
[close]

My last pair of Lakai’s were either Biebel’s first pro shoe or the Carroll 4 bubs in black leather, so it’s been about 13-14 years since i’ve put my foot in a Lakai.

I have to factor in an ankle brace and my narrowish foot. If it helps:

My 9.5 NB 288’s are perfect for walking and chilling, but too narrow for my brace and a 10 feels too long. In DC (which has been my go-to for 10 or so years) i’m a 10 for pretty much everything except 9.5 when they made the Wes Kremer vulc shoe. Kalis OG’s feel quite wide for me at 10, but too short at 9.5. Kalis lites feel a bit short at 10. My Emerica Reynolds G6 were 9.5 and felt fine. Adidas: nothing fits properly in any size except for the Busenitz in 10.
[close]
Oh okay! They're definitely different from the cups back then.
The Carrol doesn't feel too narrow but not too wide either from heel to toe.  Some people felt like they needed to go 0.5 size up since they were a little snug for them. I'm not sure how an ankle brace could fit I'm these, as I've never worn one before in my life with a shoe. The heel/top of foot around the ankle doesn't feel super tight but it's not super roomy, it could work with a brace. The only limiting factor, may be the tongue straps, since it may give less to accommodate the brace?
Here's a photo of my 11's for top down reference:

[close]

Thanks for the pic and the info, it really helps. The opening looks like it could accomodate my brace well enough. Really like the toe shape, looks like it has a good flick.

The Carroll reissue fits similar to most DC cups in terms of size, ie. Legacy Slim. Not as snug as Kalis Lite, though I wear the same size for all three. I consider it TTS.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #31352 on: August 10, 2020, 12:35:23 AM »
Expand Quote

Looking good boys!

Edit/Since  jay_nev got missed in the chain.

Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Joining the club

Get some on that baby and one In the dogs mouth

wake and bacon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 188
  • ∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #31353 on: August 10, 2020, 12:20:23 PM »
Expand Quote

Looking good boys!

Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Joining the club

microwaved mine for 45 seconds and the snug fit went to a perfect fit in no time

stoked to skate these
:) I must have been tripping last night

MyUserName

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 168
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #31354 on: August 10, 2020, 01:17:12 PM »
So Slap is a dad-foot fetish site now, got it.

PAWL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -69
« Reply #31355 on: August 10, 2020, 02:52:54 PM »
always has been
yo mike mo new age ape style high five with my reborn hand.

2008 psychedelic experience. thanks.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1274
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #31356 on: August 10, 2020, 04:12:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Looking good boys!

Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Joining the club

[close]

microwaved mine for 45 seconds and the snug fit went to a perfect fit in no time

stoked to skate these

TAYS!
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 865
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #31357 on: August 10, 2020, 08:25:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Looking good boys!

Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Joining the club

[close]

stoked to skate these
[close]

TAYS!

Posted in the pets thread too

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #31358 on: August 10, 2020, 08:54:17 PM »
NB#1010
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 470
« Reply #31359 on: August 10, 2020, 11:52:41 PM »
NB#1010

I'm seriously considering dropping $200 to get both colors the more I see them in photos! Stoked you got em!
You already wear them around? What's your consensus on em? Do they fit well and feel comfortable? Are you high right now? Do you ever get nervous?  (Those last two are a joke/meme I saw recently hahah)

Edit: my questions are answered in the containment thread haha

Also, you rocking the all white leather Accels that just came out? If so, how do they feel/fit compared to other recent or staple Accel colorways?
Super Champion Fun Zone

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #31360 on: August 11, 2020, 01:37:09 AM »
Expand Quote
NB#1010
[close]
I'm seriously considering dropping $200 to get both colors the more I see them in photos! Stoked you got em!
You already wear them around? What's your consensus on em? Do they fit well and feel comfortable? Are you high right now? Do you ever get nervous?  (Those last two are a joke/meme I saw recently hahah)

Also, you rocking the all white leather Accels that just came out? If so, how do they feel/fit compared to other recent or staple Accel colorways?

Nope. I was still wearing my slides when I took this pic. Haha. My friend was skating the leather accels.

I haven’t skated leather shoes in a while so if I skate these I hope I don’t have break them in too much. Or I may skate the SLAP 440 colorway since I ordered a pair as well and those are suede.

I send true to size and no complaints from me. They pads inside the heel collar really lock in your feet well inside the shoe.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #31361 on: August 11, 2020, 03:07:14 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
NB#1010
[close]

[close]

Nope. I was still wearing my slides when I took this pic. Haha. My friend was skating the leather accels.

I haven’t skated leather shoes in a while so if I skate these I hope I don’t have break them in too much. Or I may skate the SLAP 440 colorway since I ordered a pair as well and those are suede.

I send true to size and no complaints from me. They pads inside the heel collar really lock in your feet well inside the shoe.
Haha! I see. Slides come in clutch, been tempted to grab a pair from what I've seen on here from other posters.

Ah yes, the SLAP 440 colorway. Praise be to BFRD for that! I'm debating skating that one or a pair of Maswells next. Appreciate the info on the 1010, I'm truly considering it based on everyone's thoughts (including yours) but that $100 is taking a bit to get past haha
Super Champion Fun Zone

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -237
« Reply #31362 on: August 11, 2020, 07:35:14 AM »
Expand Quote
NB#1010

[close]

I don’t have the white leather but I have the black red white leather ones and they fit the same as the other Accel OGs I’ve bought in the last year or two. My true size fits perfect in Accel OGs
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #31363 on: August 11, 2020, 07:41:44 AM »
Numeric. 440.

Seventyfrigginseven

« Reply #31364 on: August 11, 2020, 11:00:24 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
always has been
I wonder what they thought it was?

My Rowans that idk if I can skate again until I learn how to actually commit to tricks off of stuff. Vans and tossing away tricks is not good for dad feet apparently.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #31365 on: August 11, 2020, 11:06:44 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
always has been
[close]

My Rowans that idk if I can skate again until I learn how to actually commit to tricks off of stuff. Vans and tossing away tricks is not good for dad feet apparently.
Funny, my foot felt safe as fuck in rowans and I have been committing to way more tricks in them. went back ot some old emerica cups (spanky) and my feet fell way more at risk.

Seventyfrigginseven

« Reply #31366 on: August 11, 2020, 11:18:06 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
always has been
[close]

[close]
Funny, my foot felt safe as fuck in rowans and I have been committing to way more tricks in them. went back ot some old emerica cups (spanky) and my feet fell way more at risk.
I was loving them as i was skating. But when I got in my car and gave up for the day it became very apparent that I bruised up the balls (if thats what they're even called) of my feet. Especially the inner "ball" part of my back foot. I assume that was from being a poosay and not getting it back on the board on multiple occasions. I'm not going to give up on them because they definitely have great boardfeel. Its gotta be user error if Im going to be honest with myself.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #31367 on: August 11, 2020, 11:30:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
always has been
[close]

[close]
[close]
I was loving them as i was skating. But when I got in my car and gave up for the day it became very apparent that I bruised up the balls (if thats what they're even called) of my feet. Especially the inner "ball" part of my back foot. I assume that was from being a poosay and not getting it back on the board on multiple occasions. I'm not going to give up on them because they definitely have great boardfeel. Its gotta be user error if Im going to be honest with myself.
I mean feet vary so don't hurt yourself trying to adapt. That shoe just works perfect for me is all im saying.

Seventyfrigginseven

« Reply #31368 on: August 11, 2020, 12:48:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
always has been
[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]
I mean feet vary so don't hurt yourself trying to adapt. That shoe just works perfect for me is all im saying.
Thank you man, I really like being able to flex the soles of these for some tricks, so I would like to see them work out. I really dont skate parks with people very often so I think I was getting hyped and trying stuff I normally wouldn't. I dont know if a cupsole would of had the same outcome. I do know that landing back on the board would of though!  ;)

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #31369 on: August 11, 2020, 01:22:46 PM »

cold budweisers

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 615
« Reply #31370 on: August 11, 2020, 01:49:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Looking good boys!

Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Joining the club

[close]

stoked to skate these
[close]

TAYS!
[close]

Posted in the pets thread too

nice shoes boys

feels good, pretty snug but not enough to go up half a size

Seventyfrigginseven

« Reply #31371 on: August 11, 2020, 01:55:54 PM »

Glurmpz

« Reply #31372 on: August 11, 2020, 09:27:23 PM »
Elevates. Glad I grabbed a couple pairs. Look great and feels like they would skate well.

toque

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
    • Portmanteau avatar image
« Reply #31373 on: August 11, 2020, 11:11:42 PM »

wheee!

pops

• Rep: 219
« Reply #31374 on: August 12, 2020, 10:16:51 AM »
Emerica Dicksons. Heel cup is as floppy as other Emerica vulcs, my heel keeps rolling from side to side (partly my ankle problem, too). I've worn vulcs where my heel stays stable, though. The g6 insole is actually narrower than the interior of the shoe and I can feel the insole's outer edge actually rubbing my 5th toe. They use cardboard on the inside part of the sole. Flick feels awesome and I can see the shoe lasting longer than normally thanks to flickshield. Not buying Emericas in the future.

Little Debbie

« Reply #31375 on: August 12, 2020, 10:23:49 AM »
those Supras actually look pretty good! wish I could still skate white leather shoes without imagining how dumb I look in them. I always feel like I don't have the innate cool factor going on to get away with them.

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
« Reply #31376 on: August 12, 2020, 10:49:52 AM »
those Supras actually look pretty good! wish I could still skate white leather shoes without imagining how dumb I look in them. I always feel like I don't have the innate cool factor going on to get away with them.

Once they're all scuffed up its less of a problem. When they're fresh i cant help but feel like an exchange student from italy.

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #31377 on: August 12, 2020, 12:35:31 PM »
Expand Quote
What's your consensus on em?
[close]

Feeling like I misused the word after looking at it again lol
Thought it read a lil funny.
Super Champion Fun Zone

Glurmpz

« Reply #31378 on: August 12, 2020, 02:41:25 PM »
This color of the Carroll is really nice in person. The image on the box shows it with a gum sole but it's all white. This is my 3rd pair of Lakai's and the other two sucked so I'm really hoping these work out. I wear 10.5 and had to get an 11, which is still snug - just a heads up. 

« Last Edit: August 12, 2020, 03:24:12 PM by Glurmpz »

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 320
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #31379 on: August 12, 2020, 10:39:13 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Once they're all scuffed up its less of a problem. When they're fresh i cant help but feel like an exchange student from italy.

Damn this actually made me laugh out loud.

On a side note i've been putting off getting a pair. There's cheap ones in yellow on a local shoe site, can't wear yellow but maybe i'll paint em.