Author Topic: Post the shoes you're wearing.  (Read 4536827 times)

MikeX and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Solid bowlcut

Re: Post the shoes you're wearing.
« Reply #31410 on: August 17, 2020, 09:33:12 AM »
I legitimately can not imagine being okay with looking down at my feet and seeing that short stumpy chodey toe box
This, although they look cool on other peoples feet

YungJugg

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 229
« Reply #31411 on: August 17, 2020, 09:40:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
My 6 year run of nothing but Emerica Reynolds has come to an end.
Onto some Cons Fastbreak.
I know Cons sizing is all over the place. But these are TTS. Got a 9.5, same as what I wore in Emerica, and they fit good.
The sole is great. Plenty of protection. But still good board feel.
The upper is somewhat lacking in padding, for me anyways.
I have flat, fairly wide feet. But I'm having to crank these laces to keep my foot from sliding around. Then once I start skating and my feet start sweating, I have to re tighten them. Full on Rambo lace kit (do the kids still say that?). Not the best look. I'm sure alot of this is due to the smooth leather inside the collar of the shoe. I'm guessing the all suede versions would be better in this regard.
The synthetic material on the upper is nice and breathable. But not very durable.
Laces got shredded quick.
I'm not the type to use after market insoles. They seem to make the shoe too tight or my foot is too high in the shoe. But for those of you who do; these shoes have a glued in insole.
I probably wouldn't buy another pair; but I'm not hating them.R
-Cons Fastbreak-
[close]

Standard fast break laces are too skinny
[close]
I had this exact model and just hated how they skated. It’s like the toe box is shorter than the older run. Could have been the material considering the suede ones I had skated great.

Haven’t had Fastbreaks in 10 years, went through about 3 pairs back to back around then, and I don’t remember the toebox or laces looking anything like that. Loved the shoe and been on the fence of returning, but they look way different looking down now. Funny enough my Fastbreak run was also right after going through the OG Reynolds3.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2020, 11:42:58 PM by Bubblegum Tate »

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
    • Instagram avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #31412 on: August 17, 2020, 10:01:35 AM »
fastbreak 83s with lunarlon toes def. do not look like that - I have a smaller foot (8.5US) and the toe on mine looks way longer.

Seventyfrigginseven

« Reply #31413 on: August 17, 2020, 06:46:48 PM »
Expand Quote
How did you blow through the inside of your right shoe before the outside of either? What is that from? I went half size down in the Fastbreaks, they feel a little awkward but I think a half size up would have been too big.
[close]
A Wilson.
Attempt #27 below. Burned right through it

That battle was so good, it even had rhythm! We need footage of when you stick it on your next visit.

IanBZHD

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 55
« Reply #31414 on: August 18, 2020, 09:55:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I know Cons sizing is all over the place. But these are TTS. Got a 9.5, same as what I wore in Emerica, and they fit good.
I have flat, fairly wide feet. But I'm having to crank these laces to keep my foot from sliding around. Then once I start skating and my feet start sweating, I have to re tighten them. Full on Rambo lace kit (do the kids still say that?). Not the best look. I'm sure alot of this is due to the smooth leather inside the collar of the shoe. I'm guessing the all suede versions would be better in this regard.
The synthetic material on the upper is nice and breathable. But not very durable.
I'm not the type to use after market insoles. They seem to make the shoe too tight or my foot is too high in the shoe. But for those of you who do; these shoes have a glued in insole.
-Cons Fastbreak-
[close]

[close]
I had this exact model and just hated how they skated. It’s like the toe box is shorter than the older run. Could have been the material considering the suede ones I had skated great.
You're both talking about the skate specific Fastbreaks right?
I've been eyeing them and they seem like a perfect shoe for me, but if these ones pictured are the new skate ones then they definitely look thinned out and less supportive than I imagined.
Also, yes, the skinny laces are not a good look on these shoes. C'mon Converse.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2020, 11:43:15 PM by Bubblegum Tate »

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #31415 on: August 18, 2020, 02:23:30 PM »
“8five2” x 574 for today.

Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

nevrwasben

« Reply #31416 on: August 18, 2020, 06:44:08 PM »

I couldn’t wear those, but they look sick!!
« Last Edit: August 18, 2020, 11:43:28 PM by Bubblegum Tate »

dunc

• Rep: 51
« Reply #31417 on: August 18, 2020, 10:59:24 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
I couldn’t wear those, but they look sick!!

I should have never slept on those. So rad
« Last Edit: August 18, 2020, 11:43:41 PM by Bubblegum Tate »
They laughed when I told my friends that I was going to be a comedian.....well they are not laughing now!

Crabby_Bastard

• Rep: 55
« Reply #31418 on: August 18, 2020, 11:09:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Who’s enjoying their pair of Lakai Carroll re-issues ? How’s the fit ?

I’m about to order a pair.
[close]
I have the black/blue pair and they feel good! Comfortable but not too squishy/floppy. It feels like a cupsole but it's not too hard and rigid for a cupsole, either. They feel secure on my foot and I don't tie them super tight to feel that way. I'd say TTS but some people feel like they need to go 0.5 size up. I order the same size as I do in the Atlantic and Proto that I tried last year, which is a similar but slightly narrow fit (in my opinion). Have you had any Lakai cups in the past?
[close]

My last pair of Lakai’s were either Biebel’s first pro shoe or the Carroll 4 bubs in black leather, so it’s been about 13-14 years since i’ve put my foot in a Lakai.

I have to factor in an ankle brace and my narrowish foot. If it helps:

My 9.5 NB 288’s are perfect for walking and chilling, but too narrow for my brace and a 10 feels too long. In DC (which has been my go-to for 10 or so years) i’m a 10 for pretty much everything except 9.5 when they made the Wes Kremer vulc shoe. Kalis OG’s feel quite wide for me at 10, but too short at 9.5. Kalis lites feel a bit short at 10. My Emerica Reynolds G6 were 9.5 and felt fine. Adidas: nothing fits properly in any size except for the Busenitz in 10.
[close]
Oh okay! They're definitely different from the cups back then.
The Carrol doesn't feel too narrow but not too wide either from heel to toe.  Some people felt like they needed to go 0.5 size up since they were a little snug for them. I'm not sure how an ankle brace could fit I'm these, as I've never worn one before in my life with a shoe. The heel/top of foot around the ankle doesn't feel super tight but it's not super roomy, it could work with a brace. The only limiting factor, may be the tongue straps, since it may give less to accommodate the brace?
Here's a photo of my 11's for top down reference:

I usually skate in Lakai Griffins and have some Atlantics for chillers. Both are 9.5. I just got the Carrolls in a 9.5 and they are snug all around. I might have to exchange them for a 10. The sole is just like the Griffin XLK which was a really good shoe.
How much for an order of ribs?

Big Baby Jesus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 267
    • Suciu avatar image
« Reply #31419 on: August 19, 2020, 04:27:37 AM »
I probably wouldn't buy another pair; but I'm not hating them.

Respect for those attempts. Youll get it!

As round as that toe is, I still really want to give these a go.
flat spotted 3 times in 2 weeks, other than that awesome wheels

Baby is gonna be raised by Max and Cyrus

cricketclub

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 511
« Reply #31420 on: August 19, 2020, 05:21:56 AM »

Those are so sick.
Handsome debonair fella, Got the Mellow Yellow bezel, Black rims on the Phantom same color Dr. Pepper.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #31421 on: August 19, 2020, 01:16:08 PM »
Expand Quote
I probably wouldn't buy another pair; but I'm not hating them.

[close]

Respect for those attempts. Youll get it!

As round as that toe is, I still really want to give these a go.

i tried these on some time ago, they fitted weird for sure. not what i expected. they had a cagey feeling to them, kinda like too wide vs too narrow in some parts for my foot. just super odd. the thin laces and the rambolacing makes the toe look more stubby than it is. also the pants cut out the rest. they actually look alright from the sides imo.

i had to lace my pair of superstar adv the same way and it bummed me out to no end because the look down factor sucks ass. on top of that these were also super cagey and weird fitting similar to those cons. i can't explain it any better that there is an unassuring stiffness to the outer material that makes the shoes to me feel more like a dress shoe or a boot to wear than anything athletic or even casual.

weon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 227
  • todo gratis todo gay
« Reply #31422 on: August 19, 2020, 10:12:38 PM »

fresh out the box. laces a bit too long. leather a bit stiff but should break in nice. I do not have wide feet, and it’s perfectly TTS. No excess toe room like a City Cup has. Might kook it up and sharpie in the stripes blue and red, or just black—we’ll see. Hyped to skate them y dominar un poco la pelota.
Lil' Wayne is more core than Jaden Smith.
Damn. Chico of Chocolate now Pyramids of Giza. What the hell is going on?

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 863
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #31423 on: August 19, 2020, 10:39:04 PM »

fresh out the box. laces a bit too long. leather a bit stiff but should break in nice. I do not have wide feet, and it’s perfectly TTS. No excess toe room like a City Cup has. Might kook it up and sharpie in the stripes blue and red, or just black—we’ll see. Hyped to skate them y dominar un poco la pelota.
+1
soccer themed skate shoes are the shit in my book. cant bring myself to skate them though
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

Gnarfunkell

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 135
« Reply #31424 on: August 20, 2020, 07:17:51 AM »
Just got the Spanly G6 and am very pleased so far. Feels good to skate right out of the box.

Nth syd bear

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 302
« Reply #31425 on: August 20, 2020, 05:02:40 PM »

Lynx zero..  skated these yesterday I'm liking them a lot. 

Toadfish Rebecchi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -45
« Reply #31426 on: August 20, 2020, 05:18:43 PM »

I like them, but the top of that shoe looks like the film version of Megatron.
[http://distilleryimage1.s3.amazonaws.com/ea8128aa83b711e383dc1219137b9e09_8.jpg]

License2Bust

• Rep: -31
« Reply #31427 on: August 21, 2020, 05:16:33 AM »

Hey, FUCKASS. What shoe/model is this.
Thanks.

Paperclip20

• Please send symmetrical board information
« Reply #31428 on: August 21, 2020, 05:28:39 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Thanks.

Adidas Copa National I believe

weon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 227
  • todo gratis todo gay
« Reply #31429 on: August 21, 2020, 05:39:30 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Thanks.
[close]

Adidas Copa Nationale I believe

sorry to be that guy lol yeah it’s the copa nationale. the white leather ones were ten bucks cheaper than the other moodels and with adidas' 15% off it came around $70 shipped which I was cool with. They’re getting comfier, but my left tongue did slide to the outside today... we’ll see where that goes—maybe it’ll be good for my shitty flicking ankle.
Lil' Wayne is more core than Jaden Smith.
Damn. Chico of Chocolate now Pyramids of Giza. What the hell is going on?

Paperclip20

• Please send symmetrical board information
« Reply #31430 on: August 21, 2020, 07:19:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Thanks.
[close]

Adidas Copa Nationale I believe
[close]

sorry to be that guy lol yeah it’s the copa nationale. the white leather ones were ten bucks cheaper than the other moodels and with adidas' 15% off it came around $70 shipped which I was cool with. They’re getting comfier, but my left tongue did slide to the outside today... we’ll see where that goes—maybe it’ll be good for my shitty flicking ankle.

No worries, I wasn't sure and I'd rather be corrected. Do the soles seem like they will last awhile? That's what always goes first for me.

Seventyfrigginseven

« Reply #31431 on: August 21, 2020, 09:36:18 AM »

I am 100% sure an intervention is in my future. I have issues.. :-\

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 478
« Reply #31432 on: August 21, 2020, 11:06:56 AM »

They're tempting me haha!
How was sizing? Would you go same size as you do in Lynx OG (if you tried it), or other DC cupsoles?
I went with an 11.5 in Kalis S and Maswell, and 11 in Lynx OG, by the way.
Super Champion Fun Zone

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #31433 on: August 21, 2020, 11:28:12 AM »

where'd you find those? Few years old right. chillers?

Seventyfrigginseven

« Reply #31434 on: August 21, 2020, 11:34:50 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
where'd you find those? Few years old right. chillers?
I low-balled them in ebay for $50. I think they are from 2018, and yeah they are definitely just chillers. I don't think they would last very long for skating. Tempting though because the weigh next to nothing.

Nth syd bear

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 302
« Reply #31435 on: August 21, 2020, 02:00:38 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

How was sizing? Would you go same size as you do in Lynx OG (if you tried it), or other DC cupsoles?
I ordered tts and they fit me well very comfy . Just got back from skating now and I'm happy
Stitching on the toe will need superglue for me.  But see how they hold up..

The sole is not as thick as the pictures would have u believe..

YungJugg

• Rep: 229
« Reply #31436 on: August 21, 2020, 02:36:23 PM »

DC x Paterson Lynx OG

Shoutout DarkPools for always coming through with sizing advice.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #31437 on: August 22, 2020, 09:00:38 PM »
“Sale gear thread” 440’s.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 478
« Reply #31438 on: August 22, 2020, 10:07:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
I ordered tts and they fit me well very comfy . Just got back from skating now and I'm happy
Stitching on the toe will need superglue for me.  But see how they hold up..

The sole is not as thick as the pictures would have u believe..
Awesome! Hope you have many fun sessions in them as you break them in!
Appreciate the input on the sole thickness because photos seem to be deceiving on actual thickness. I am on board with it being less thick, because as much I like my Lynx OG, they can feel a little thick under the feet, so this may be just up my alley! :D

@YungJugg I got you! Happy to share sizing advice if/where I can. Those Paterson's look good on feet! The colorway initially looked like a bit much but looks better here. Also, DC just surprised dropped the rest (or at least 2 more Kalis models, if they're doing more) today! - White Kalis Vulc and white Lynx OG - DC Site (USA) and maybe some skate shops soon/already.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2020, 11:56:27 PM by DarkPools »
Super Champion Fun Zone

handsclapanin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 285
« Reply #31439 on: August 23, 2020, 02:15:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
-Cons Fastbreak-
[close]

[close]
[close]
You're both talking about the skate specific Fastbreaks right?
I've been eyeing them and they seem like a perfect shoe for me, but if these ones pictured are the new skate ones then they definitely look thinned out and less supportive than I imagined.
Also, yes, the skinny laces are not a good look on these shoes. C'mon Converse.
I just wanted to correct something with my initial review. The cons fast break does have a removable insole. I guess I just didn't pull hard enough on it.  ::) it's actually quite plush. And will be the only thing I save as I toss the rest of the shoe in the trash.
I was having to crank the laces so tight that my feet were tingling. But still slipping around. Also,  I looked at some pictures online and the all suede versions still have this smooth leather on the inside collar. So would probably fit just as terrible.
I'm on to a pair of Kalis. Will report back with my thoughts in a few weeks.
And hopefully land that noseslide by then. Thanks for the support!