Author Topic: Post the shoes you're wearing.  (Read 4539343 times)

Hash Slinging Slasher

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
Re: Post the shoes you're wearing.
« Reply #31440 on: August 23, 2020, 07:35:53 PM »
not sure about the best place to ask this question but are the ave pros worth it?? been back on vans lately and just curious if they're worth the coin

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #31441 on: August 23, 2020, 08:12:56 PM »
not sure about the best place to ask this question but are the ave pros worth it?? been back on vans lately and just curious if they're worth the coin

I would say yes, but I managed to grab the 3 pairs I skated in for like $69. $30 off.

They last a long time with the no stitches in high wear areas on the shoe. As well as a perfect toe shape that I prefer.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

Hash Slinging Slasher

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #31442 on: August 23, 2020, 08:27:29 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I would say yes, but I managed to grab the 3 pairs I skated in for like $69. $30 off.

They last a long time with the no stitches in high wear areas on the shoe. As well as a perfect toe shape that I prefer.
what's the toe like? any comparisons to other vans shoes?

tom

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 978
  • the moon rules
« Reply #31443 on: August 23, 2020, 08:41:29 PM »

Not sure what these are called. It’s the first pair of vulcanized Vans I’ve skated since the syndicate Cab lites that came out in 2013. The foxing tape seems higher than the Vans I have as chillers, so I’m guessing they weren’t exactly made to be a “skate shoe”. They’re pretty comfortable and I’ve recently started walking back my comments about not being able to skate vulcs anymore
fuck you bama

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #31444 on: August 23, 2020, 09:18:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
what's the toe like? any comparisons to other vans shoes?

It’s narrow and tapers in the front. Which I like. I don’t remember from the top of my head a good comparison.

Not sure what these are called. It’s the first pair of vulcanized Vans I’ve skated since the syndicate Cab lites that came out in 2013. The foxing tape seems higher than the Vans I have as chillers, so I’m guessing they weren’t exactly made to be a “skate shoe”. They’re pretty comfortable and I’ve recently started walking back my comments about not being able to skate vulcs anymore

Vans Bold Ni
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

PAWL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -70
« Reply #31445 on: August 24, 2020, 07:52:23 AM »
idk if i'm the only one that feels this way but i fucking despise those vans from a visual standpoint. just super ugly and off putting.
yo mike mo new age ape style high five with my reborn hand.

2008 psychedelic experience. thanks.

burn_to_live

• Rep: -26
  • You had to be there.
« Reply #31446 on: August 24, 2020, 10:41:57 AM »
idk if i'm the only one that feels this way but i fucking despise those vans from a visual standpoint. just super ugly and off putting.
I dont like them either. It reminds me of a pair of knockoff Vans more than anything.
Gonna go down to the Bronx and hang out with the gonx

Solid bowlcut

« Reply #31447 on: August 24, 2020, 11:09:49 AM »
Would look lot cooler without stripe imo

shmazz

• Rep: 3
« Reply #31448 on: August 24, 2020, 12:07:50 PM »
AVE Pros. Incredibly disappointed. Just ripped a hole through the mesh below the laces after 30 minutes of skating. A few attempts at kickflips was all it took, really. I can’t help but think it’s probably my fault for having an awkward flick and missing most of the suede, but I’m still bummed out about it. :/
Everything else about the shoes is great, they’re comfy, true to size, look cool, etc.
I just wish they’d stop using mesh on skate shoes this heavily.

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #31449 on: August 24, 2020, 12:48:47 PM »
AVE Pros. Incredibly disappointed. Just ripped a hole through the mesh below the laces after 30 minutes of skating. A few attempts at kickflips was all it took, really. I can’t help but think it’s probably my fault for having an awkward flick and missing most of the suede, but I’m still bummed out about it. :/
Everything else about the shoes is great, they’re comfy, true to size, look cool, etc.
I just wish they’d stop using mesh on skate shoes this heavily.

Don’t blame your self too much. I ripped mine about the same spot on the inside of the foot. I have no idea how probably the first 30-45 min I had them. Great shoe also incredibly poor design as far as durability

Solid bowlcut

« Reply #31450 on: August 24, 2020, 12:54:22 PM »
I hate that for many shoes these days you have to know exactly where your flick areas are. Mesh trend has to stop

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 316
« Reply #31451 on: August 24, 2020, 09:54:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Lynx zero..  skated these yesterday I'm liking them a lot.
[close]

They're tempting me haha!
How was sizing? Would you go same size as you do in Lynx OG (if you tried it), or other DC cupsoles?
I went with an 11.5 in Kalis S and Maswell, and 11 in Lynx OG, by the way.
[close]
I ordered tts and they fit me well very comfy . Just got back from skating now and I'm happy
Stitching on the toe will need superglue for me.  But see how they hold up..

The sole is not as thick as the pictures would have u believe..

size 9 on the kalis s, tiagos, legacy slims and fit perfect on a 9 on the lynx zeros.

yeah man im liking them way more then i imagined
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

rothdigga

• Rep: 574
« Reply #31452 on: August 25, 2020, 11:52:39 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Looking good boys!

Edit/Since  jay_nev got missed in the chain.

Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Joining the club

[close]

microwaved mine for 45 seconds and the snug fit went to a perfect fit in no time

stoked to skate these
[close]

TAYS!
[close]

Posted in the pets thread too

[close]
nice shoes boys

feels good, pretty snug but not enough to go up half a size

When I get some time, I'll have to tell you guys the story about this shoe and how it ended up SO FUCKING CHEAP online for you all to take advantage of.  Either way, I'm stoked that a bunch of the SLAP Pals were able to take advantage of an internal fuck up that really pissed me off when it happened, but not so much once I realized that you guys were the ones who capitalized on it and not some random consumers. 

PAWL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -70
« Reply #31453 on: August 25, 2020, 12:55:55 PM »
well now i gotta know the story
yo mike mo new age ape style high five with my reborn hand.

2008 psychedelic experience. thanks.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 262
« Reply #31454 on: August 25, 2020, 01:15:52 PM »
How cheap were they?  I remember seeing the posts talking about it, but I never followed up at the time

Hyliannightmare

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -196
« Reply #31455 on: August 25, 2020, 01:57:11 PM »

2 heavy sessions so far and loving them. Gotta go back tomorrow and get a trick on the down ledge with em

ramplocal

• Rep: 62
  • poser
« Reply #31456 on: August 25, 2020, 02:39:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Looking good boys!

Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Joining the club

[close]

microwaved mine for 45 seconds and the snug fit went to a perfect fit in no time

stoked to skate these
[close]

TAYS!
[close]

[close]
nice shoes boys

[close]

When I get some time, I'll have to tell you guys the story about this shoe and how it ended up SO FUCKING CHEAP online for you all to take advantage of.  Either way, I'm stoked that a bunch of the SLAP Pals were able to take advantage of an internal fuck up that really pissed me off when it happened, but not so much once I realized that you guys were the ones who capitalized on it and not some random consumers.
Dude thank you so much for that deal. Sorry it was a fuckup but that is really cool that you are stoked on alot of us being able to get them. Would gnar sir

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1323
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #31457 on: August 25, 2020, 02:47:48 PM »
How cheap were they?  I remember seeing the posts talking about it, but I never followed up at the time
$22.50 plus tax with free shipping. I think they went up to $28 once they really started to sell through.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

rothdigga

« Reply #31458 on: August 25, 2020, 03:02:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Looking good boys!

Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Joining the club

[close]

stoked to skate these
[close]

TAYS!
[close]

[close]
nice shoes boys

[close]

[close]
Dude thank you so much for that deal. Sorry it was a fuckup but that is really cool that you are stoked on alot of us being able to get them. Would gnar sir

Ok, so this was a shoe we did for Spring 2019 and it did OK when it launched but sort of took off later on and sold out.  I'm constantly looking at old colorways we do to bring back to the shops to sell.  Right now things are INSANE and shops are begging for shoes, as much as we can give them.  I did a re-order of this shoe plus 3 other styles 6 months ago for a June 2020 delivery for stock to sell to shops.  I went to check the stock on this shoe and they were super low...the other 3 shoes had full stock of what I ordered but this one we were missing almost all of it.  I did some internal sleuth work and noticed that SOMEHOW we offloaded them to our company owned offprice dealer, Joe's New Balance.  They're not supposed to get any Numeric at all, ever.  Especially right now when I can move almost anything we have at full price.  Once I noticed it, it was too late, I think they sold out all of the stock in 4 days.  Joe's had them up on Ebay for $29.95 and I was shit out of luck.  But...like I said, I'm stoked that a bunch of SLAP homies saw they were up and stocked up on them.  If that's what it took for some people to dive into the brand for the first time, then it was worth the screw up on our back half. 

One question I have for you dudes...how many did you buy?  Like did someone buy 10 at a time or anything wild like that?  Just curious on that front. 

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 262
« Reply #31459 on: August 25, 2020, 04:39:32 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
$22.50 plus tax with free shipping. I think they went up to $28 once they really started to sell through.

Oh damn!  bummer for me, stoked for you guys

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #31460 on: August 25, 2020, 07:33:49 PM »

2 heavy sessions so far and loving them. Gotta go back tomorrow and get a trick on the down ledge with em
think we need a thread of pics of skated-shoes. Good luck w the trick

ldmch11

• Rep: -4
« Reply #31461 on: August 25, 2020, 07:47:17 PM »

Ok, so this was a shoe we did for Spring 2019 and it did OK when it launched but sort of took off later on and sold out.  I'm constantly looking at old colorways we do to bring back to the shops to sell.  Right now things are INSANE and shops are begging for shoes, as much as we can give them.  I did a re-order of this shoe plus 3 other styles 6 months ago for a June 2020 delivery for stock to sell to shops.  I went to check the stock on this shoe and they were super low...the other 3 shoes had full stock of what I ordered but this one we were missing almost all of it.  I did some internal sleuth work and noticed that SOMEHOW we offloaded them to our company owned offprice dealer, Joe's New Balance.  They're not supposed to get any Numeric at all, ever.  Especially right now when I can move almost anything we have at full price.  Once I noticed it, it was too late, I think they sold out all of the stock in 4 days.  Joe's had them up on Ebay for $29.95 and I was shit out of luck.  But...like I said, I'm stoked that a bunch of SLAP homies saw they were up and stocked up on them.  If that's what it took for some people to dive into the brand for the first time, then it was worth the screw up on our back half. 

One question I have for you dudes...how many did you buy?  Like did someone buy 10 at a time or anything wild like that?  Just curious on that front.
damn that's pretty wild
they were my first numerics, so just got the one pair to test them out. wish i grabbed multiples cause of how much i like them now.

ramplocal

• Rep: 62
  • poser
« Reply #31462 on: August 25, 2020, 07:50:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Looking good boys!

Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Joining the club

[close]

stoked to skate these
[close]

TAYS!
[close]

[close]
nice shoes boys

[close]

[close]
[close]

Damn man, that is a crazy story. I got 2 pairs, def wish i wld have got more. I have been skating them every day since i got them and they are so good! Its my 2nd run in w the numerics, i tried the 420s previously and the 440s are def a new favorite! The slap colorway is so dope

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1361
« Reply #31463 on: August 25, 2020, 11:40:21 PM »
I cheaped out and only got one pair like a fool

Crap

• Rep: 77
« Reply #31464 on: August 26, 2020, 05:57:15 AM »

Seems like this seller just bought them out to resell: https://www.ebay.ca/sch/m.html?_odkw=&_sac=1&_ssn=manyexceptionaldeals&_armrs=1&_osacat=93427&_from=R40&_trksid=p2046732.m570.l1313&_nkw=440&_sacat=93427

Edit: Or is this the original seller, and they just raised the price when they started to sell?

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #31465 on: August 26, 2020, 06:46:57 AM »
I only got one pair like a chump but love the 440. I had the black and white ones with the white tongue. Loved the white tongue with white laces.

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #31466 on: August 26, 2020, 07:12:52 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Seems like this seller just bought them out to resell: https://www.ebay.ca/sch/m.html?_odkw=&_sac=1&_ssn=manyexceptionaldeals&_armrs=1&_osacat=93427&_from=R40&_trksid=p2046732.m570.l1313&_nkw=440&_sacat=93427

Edit: Or is this the original seller, and they just raised the price when they started to sell?
nah as he mentioend above original seller was joesnewbalanceoutlet

rothdigga

« Reply #31467 on: August 26, 2020, 09:34:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Correct Jay.  This is just someone trying to come up...which I respect. 

Digital Rasta

« Reply #31468 on: August 26, 2020, 03:39:18 PM »

Adidas 3ST.004's in Black/White suede. Maybe the best pair of cupsoles ever, for sure the best I've had in a loooong time

IanBZHD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 55
« Reply #31469 on: August 26, 2020, 03:44:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

Correct Jay.  This is just someone trying to come up...which I respect.
I've definitely seen Numeric shoes on Joe's website before, but those could be old stock or whatever the case.
Either way, I think this got a lot of people into the 440's which is probably one of the best go-to shoes on the market right now. If anything, it got people into cupsoles that forgot they can be as good or much better than vulcs.
It's actually funny how I love the 440's but have only skated 2 pairs since NB actually has more than one good shoe worth trying out. Can't wait to see how these Tiago's hold up.