Author Topic: Post the shoes you're wearing.  (Read 4525244 times)

JimmyFive, Silky Johnson and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
Re: Post the shoes you're wearing.
« Reply #31530 on: September 08, 2020, 10:51:56 PM »
Yeah, old school Vuarent (?) vibes!

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

sus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
« Reply #31531 on: September 09, 2020, 04:25:28 PM »

Roald Dahnkle

• Rep: 28
« Reply #31532 on: September 10, 2020, 10:50:12 AM »
Wasn’t sure on these at first but so glad I got em. They look and feel great.

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 646
« Reply #31533 on: September 10, 2020, 12:37:17 PM »

I just ordered a pair of these in the exact same colorway and I'm stoked to hear you like them. I'm excited for mine!

PincherBug

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -102
« Reply #31534 on: September 10, 2020, 02:48:36 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
I just ordered a pair of these in the exact same colorway and I'm stoked to hear you like them. I'm excited for mine!

Ordered some last weekend, hopefully they are waiting for me when I get home from work

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1355
« Reply #31535 on: September 10, 2020, 09:53:13 PM »

That's a good looking pant/shoe combo

beatifk

• Rep: 162
« Reply #31536 on: September 11, 2020, 06:14:53 AM »
How do those gilby highs feel compared to Sk8 His?

I've decided I really only feel good in hightops now due to a wobbly ankle and I've been eyeing those gilbys in white but of course I'd need to order them online and I fucking hate buying shoes without trying them.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1963
« Reply #31537 on: September 11, 2020, 06:23:59 AM »
liking this Vans heavy page

I take care of my curbs.

« Reply #31538 on: September 11, 2020, 08:13:38 AM »

Stoked on the new és insoles.  Hope they don’t pack out too much. 

smellsdead

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1214
« Reply #31539 on: September 11, 2020, 09:38:00 AM »

Roald Dahnkle

• Rep: 28
« Reply #31540 on: September 11, 2020, 09:51:31 AM »
How do those gilby highs feel compared to Sk8 His?

I've decided I really only feel good in hightops now due to a wobbly ankle and I've been eyeing those gilbys in white but of course I'd need to order them online and I fucking hate buying shoes without trying them.

I've only really had a bit of a roll around in them, but I'd say you'll feel a bit more 'locked in' around the heel and ankle than Sk8 His.

Seventyfrigginseven

« Reply #31541 on: September 11, 2020, 02:06:35 PM »

Missed the gum soles in my size, but can't beat Club C's for 34 bucks.

yourbreakfsat

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 751
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #31542 on: September 11, 2020, 04:35:09 PM »
New old skool pros. With ultracush still unfortunately not popcush. Last pair of these didn’t fit right so went up in sizing. Got for $40 goat credit shipped so not complaining.

White laces or match with maroon?

Please update on the canvas area durability. I don't know if they're backed by canvas or not, which is preventing me from buying a pair.

os89

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1177
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #31543 on: September 11, 2020, 04:42:35 PM »
Expand Quote
New old skool pros. With ultracush still unfortunately not popcush. Last pair of these didn’t fit right so went up in sizing. Got for $40 goat credit shipped so not complaining.

White laces or match with maroon?

[close]

Please update on the canvas area durability. I don't know if they're backed by canvas or not, which is preventing me from buying a pair.

I had those same ones. They were ok. Have had better old skools pros, but also worse ones both reg and pro in the past. They seem to vary a lot in sizing in my opinion. Also mine look tiny compared to yours. Matching laces look nice.

I just picked these Pros up for $20 at a Vans outlet. Now I'm walking around colonial Williamsburg in this heat and it fucking sucks.

« Last Edit: September 11, 2020, 08:58:57 PM by os89 »

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #31544 on: September 11, 2020, 10:10:43 PM »
@os89  how did they last??

I’ve just been wearing them at home / working from home. Feel fine as chillers the first week. The outsole definitely robust 

os89

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1177
« Reply #31545 on: September 12, 2020, 10:41:13 AM »
@os89  how did they last??

I’ve just been wearing them at home / working from home. Feel fine as chillers the first week. The outsole definitely robust

Yea they were just fine. Definitely lasted a decent amount of time.  I've worn a lot of vans, mostly authentics, but been liking the old skools lately. I have like 3 pairs of sci fi fantasy old skools pros on deck. The pair I'm wearing now is great.

I think the only difference that I can tell is the whatever-fuck vans "cush" insoles are in them. I can't keep up with them all. Comfy, Ultra, 3d, hd, lite, popcush.

I think* those maroon ones i had were ultracush and the new ones pop? I honestly cant tell much of a difference. I know some people hate them though.

cricketclub

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 511
« Reply #31546 on: September 12, 2020, 03:08:19 PM »

True to size?
Handsome debonair fella, Got the Mellow Yellow bezel, Black rims on the Phantom same color Dr. Pepper.

Seventyfrigginseven

« Reply #31547 on: September 12, 2020, 03:54:39 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

True to size?
Yessir.

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1027
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #31548 on: September 15, 2020, 08:22:33 AM »
Page 1058 has to have the record for "Most Cuffs on a Page"

PincherBug

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -102
« Reply #31549 on: September 15, 2020, 11:47:23 AM »
Page 1058 has to have the record for "Most Cuffs on a Page"

Yeah! We want more shorts with little baby ankle socks

GoneWithTheSchwinn

• Mods
  • Rep: -9958
« Reply #31550 on: September 16, 2020, 03:54:28 PM »
All black Crocket highs

BLACK LIVES MATTER
FUCK 12

"Watch out or the gazpacho police will get you!"

Zmatthews94

• Rep: 0
« Reply #31551 on: September 18, 2020, 02:51:08 PM »
adp? i dont give a shit

today: SK8 MIDS

Seventyfrigginseven

« Reply #31552 on: September 21, 2020, 10:13:44 AM »

Loving these so far.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #31553 on: September 22, 2020, 04:19:08 AM »
Anybody tried Adidas Puig yet?
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Diocletian

« Reply #31554 on: September 22, 2020, 07:58:44 AM »
I'm on a slip-on kick. First two pairs ever were the Lakai Owen VLK at the beginning of this summer, then I tried the Emerica Wino G6 slips and the outsole is trash. Now I'm back on a fresh pair of Owen's. Feel broken in almost instantly and last a good while. I'll stick with these as long as they make them.

handsclapanin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #31555 on: September 22, 2020, 08:18:37 AM »
After giving up on the Fastbreaks, I tried out these DC Kalis.

I have a nice size bunion on my right big toe. Got it from a slam 7 or 8 years ago. While wearing Busenitz Pro. So I can't ever wear those again. My feet are also fairly wide.
Anyway, I always wear my skate shoes around work for a couple weeks to break them in. Got these Kalis in my regular size, 9.5. The length was fine. Just a little tight on the sides. Especially the old bunion.
They look really cool. I thought with only 3 lace loops, there might be an issue keeping the shoe tight. But the tongue is all part of the shoe. Very tech. I could actually wear these as a slip on without the laces and they would stay on my foot.
I wanted to like these. But it just wasn't happening. The sole is really soft and too thin for me in the forefoot. This was great for flatground. But my old ass feet need more protection. Especially if I want to jump. The collar is really low around the ankle. For the 2 weeks I skated these, both outside ankle bones had bloody scabs.
I was going to just deal with it and skate them. I have this weird sense of guilt about wasting money. Maybe from growing up kind of poor. But I convinced myself that the well being of my feet is worth more than the $45 I spent on these. And if I were to get hurt in them and not be able to skate for some period of time, I would have been so pissed at myself. I gave them to a friend and he was stoked.
I had been planning to skate a pair of Tyshawns next. Been wearing them around work for a few weeks. But they are still pinching on my bunion. Might end up buying a shoe stretcher for them.
So instead I busted out these Joslins that I've been saving for a while. And I'm so glad I did. I've never had a shoe fit my foot so perfectly, ever. Like a glove, as they say. I only wore them around work for 2 days before skating them. The first day of skating was wild. No feeling. And really squeaky soles. But by the second session, they broke in, no more squeak. I'm loving them. All the support and protection I need. I've found my next shoe! I'm going to try not to, but if need be I would totally pay the $80 retail. I already signed up for an Etnies email list for 20% off first order and got 4 more pairs. I really hope now that the Joslin 2 is out they still keep the 1 around. I've already been skating them for 3 weeks and hardly any signs of wear. They'll easily last me 3 months or more.
 @Willie I remember you were looking for the Reynolds low replacement. This is it!
« Last Edit: September 22, 2020, 12:54:55 PM by handsclapanin »

Glurmpz

« Reply #31556 on: September 22, 2020, 10:28:27 AM »

So instead I busted out these Joslins that I've been saving for a while. And I'm so glad I did. I've never had a shoe fit my foot so perfectly, ever. Like a glove, as they say. I only wore them around work for 2 days before skating them. The first day of skating was wild. No feeling. And really squeaky soles. But by the second session, they broke in, no more squeak. I'm loving them. All the support and protection I need. I've found my next shoe! I'm going to try not to, but if need be I would totally pay the $80 retail. I already signed up for an Etnies email list for 20% off first order and got 4 more pairs. I really hope now that the Joslin 2 is out they still keep the 1 around. I've already been skating them for 3 weeks and hardly any signs of wear. They'll easily last me 3 months or more.
 @Willie I remember you were looking for the Reynolds low replacement. This is it!

I really wanted to skate the Joslin's, but tried the Veer first cause the all brown colorway was on for $33 (Canadian, which is like $25 US) through the distributor so I grabbed them to try out the Michelin sole. Unfortunately it's too thick for me, even after literally sanding down the sole at home to try and make it thinner, I had no board feel... and that was after 4 days of trying to skate them. I think I took about 1/3 of the sole off sanding them and it didn't seem to make any difference in the feel. Just rock hard. So I guess that means any of the shoes with that sole are a no-go for me, which is too bad because I really like how the original Joslin looks, and the Veer. Also, my father worked for Michelin his whole life and I already sent him some Score's with that sole, so I was really hoping I'd like them. I still wear the veers as chillers or when I take the cruiser out to the store in hopes the sole will soften up but haven't had any luck. Zero board feel months later.

I think I prefer cupsoles that are on the thin side. The Es' Accel Slim with the good insole is perfect for me, and that shoe's sole is actually thinner than some vulc shoes. Skating the Supra Elevates now and their sole is thinner too. I loved the SLB 97's. The first Figgy shoe was rad but with the Dose I was in the same boat as the Michelin soles - too thick with no board feel - and I've been wearing those Dose a lot as chillers for 2 years now. No change.

Stoked for you that the Joslin seems to work - actually make that jealous, lol. Now go get some retribution on that kinked hubba! ;)

jerrygurneyscream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 130
« Reply #31557 on: September 22, 2020, 12:14:48 PM »
Birkenstocks w white socks  8)

Seventyfrigginseven

« Reply #31558 on: September 22, 2020, 02:06:39 PM »
Birkenstocks w white socks  8)
I'd like to say I believe it but no picture..

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #31559 on: September 22, 2020, 03:52:34 PM »
Anybody tried Adidas Puig yet?

Just got my pair today. Might skate it this week.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP