Author Topic: Post the shoes you're wearing.  (Read 4525221 times)

YungJugg

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 225
Re: Post the shoes you're wearing.
« Reply #31560 on: September 22, 2020, 04:08:15 PM »
After giving up on the Fastbreaks, I tried out these DC Kalis.

I have a nice size bunion on my right big toe. Got it from a slam 7 or 8 years ago. While wearing Busenitz Pro. So I can't ever wear those again. My feet are also fairly wide.[/img]

Can you really get a bunion from one slam? I always blame mine on repeatedly jumping down an 8 set with shitty blown out vulcs as a kid but I’m not too sure. Bunions suck, mines slowly but surely getting worse. The Kalis S supported it for a while but the ball of my foot area is starting to give up in the sole.

handsclapanin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #31561 on: September 22, 2020, 07:20:34 PM »
Expand Quote
After giving up on the Fastbreaks, I tried out these DC Kalis.
I have a nice size bunion on my right big toe. Got it from a slam 7 or 8 years ago. While wearing Busenitz Pro. So I can't ever wear those again. My feet are also fairly wide.[/img]
[close]

Can you really get a bunion from one slam?
I always blame mine on repeatedly jumping down an 8 set with shitty blown out vulcs as a kid but I’m not too sure. Bunions suck, mines slowly but surely getting worse. The Kalis S supported it for a while but the ball of my foot area is starting to give up in the sole.
Yes! It was a really awkward slam where my whole body weight was on the outside of my big toe. Bent it in a way it's not supposed to move. I instantly knew I was fucked. Kept me off the board for a couple months. And coming back was really painful. It's on my back foot, so pushing really hurt. I had to adopt a more flat footed push just to survive. And I've had a bunion ever since.
I actually bought a bunion corrector online recently. Doesn't seem to be doing anything.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #31562 on: September 22, 2020, 09:16:15 PM »
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 429
« Reply #31563 on: September 23, 2020, 07:25:04 AM »

Tate, how is sizing? TTS? Haven't picked up Vans in a while, looking to order these tonight.
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #31564 on: September 23, 2020, 01:16:54 PM »
Yeah. Perfect true to size. Same with the lows.

I want it right where my toes are. Nice toe cap shape. A little different compared to the lows.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

yourbreakfsat

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 750
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #31565 on: September 23, 2020, 04:54:15 PM »

bbk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
  • Dopeness
« Reply #31566 on: September 23, 2020, 05:47:54 PM »
the white éS quattro, they're dope.

jerrygurneyscream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 130
« Reply #31567 on: September 24, 2020, 10:44:27 AM »
Expand Quote
Birkenstocks w white socks  8)
[close]
I'd like to say I believe it but no picture..

I got you on a picture next time, but for now...

Alltimers sk8 mid samples

Omars_Dad

• Rep: 61
« Reply #31568 on: September 24, 2020, 10:57:58 AM »
I just got these in the mail, I kinda feel like an orderly at an asylum, or Freddy Mercury at Live AID. I need to get them dirty and maybe fill in the stripes

jerrygurneyscream

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #31569 on: September 24, 2020, 11:00:54 AM »
I just got these in the mail, I kinda feel like an orderly at an asylum, or Freddy Mercury at Live AID. I need to get them dirty and maybe fill in the stripes

Those are so clean, Id just throw in some black laces and skate them, filling in the stripes would fuck me up

Omars_Dad

• Rep: 61
« Reply #31570 on: September 24, 2020, 12:14:47 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Those are so clean, Id just throw in some black laces and skate them, filling in the stripes would fuck me up

dang really? i kinda think doing the stripes like a stan smith green would look sick

jerrygurneyscream

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #31571 on: September 24, 2020, 12:19:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

dang really? i kinda think doing the stripes like a stan smith green would look sick

I definitely agree that the stripes would look sick colored, but once the color starts to fade that when it would fuck me up, Id have to color them in after every session

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
« Reply #31572 on: September 24, 2020, 07:58:46 PM »

So instead I busted out these Joslins that I've been saving for a while. And I'm so glad I did. I've never had a shoe fit my foot so perfectly, ever. Like a glove, as they say. I only wore them around work for 2 days before skating them. The first day of skating was wild. No feeling. And really squeaky soles. But by the second session, they broke in, no more squeak. I'm loving them. All the support and protection I need. I've found my next shoe! I'm going to try not to, but if need be I would totally pay the $80 retail. I already signed up for an Etnies email list for 20% off first order and got 4 more pairs. I really hope now that the Joslin 2 is out they still keep the 1 around. I've already been skating them for 3 weeks and hardly any signs of wear. They'll easily last me 3 months or more.
 @Willie I remember you were looking for the Reynolds low replacement. This is it!

Oh shit! I was just thinking about trying to get a hold of some Maranas but maybe I need to try these first.

Good looking out, man! Thank you!

pops

• Rep: 220
« Reply #31573 on: September 25, 2020, 10:29:47 PM »
Can someone advice with Cons LL's fit? I had One Star CC before in my own size and they maybe a little narrow and just a bit long, but 1/2size smaller was too tight. Is it going to be same with LL's?

Hash Slinging Slasher

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #31574 on: September 25, 2020, 11:02:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

I definitely agree that the stripes would look sick colored, but once the color starts to fade that when it would fuck me up, Id have to color them in after every session
you might wanna start with getting your pants hemmed

Gumption

• Rep: 1
« Reply #31575 on: September 28, 2020, 08:06:15 AM »
Can someone advice with Cons LL's fit? I had One Star CC before in my own size and they maybe a little narrow and just a bit long, but 1/2size smaller was too tight. Is it going to be same with LL's?

The Louies are kind of slim, but half size down from normal size is a perfect fit for me. I have skated 6 pairs in a row now

burn_to_live

• Rep: -26
  • You had to be there.
« Reply #31576 on: September 28, 2020, 08:29:31 AM »
Gonna go down to the Bronx and hang out with the gonx

pops

• Rep: 220
« Reply #31577 on: September 28, 2020, 10:30:43 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

The Louies are kind of slim, but half size down from normal size is a perfect fit for me. I have skated 6 pairs in a row now

Ok, I got them in my size, will see how they fit. Should get them in a few days.

ldmch11

• Rep: -4
« Reply #31578 on: September 28, 2020, 05:41:47 PM »
Leathers mad soft, might just be chillers

Seventyfrigginseven

« Reply #31579 on: September 28, 2020, 05:51:43 PM »

One of the best looking skate shoes ever right there.

skatesum609

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Rep: 94
« Reply #31580 on: September 28, 2020, 06:34:06 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
pure beauty
Just got mine in the mail today and wow what a great looking shoe! Wanted to grab the other color as well but sold out everywhere in my size(10.5). Wore em today for a couple hours and they feel a lot comfier than the lows imo. Grabbed another pair of the blacks to skate.   

ldmch11

• Rep: -4
« Reply #31581 on: September 28, 2020, 08:09:31 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
One of the best looking skate shoes ever right there.
for real. my friend had a pair when they first came out, and i just remember thinking how sick they looked. came across these on ebay brand new for the low, so i had to do it.

Lukabrazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 152
« Reply #31582 on: September 28, 2020, 08:12:34 PM »

Could never chill in Blazer’s. They just suffocate your feet. Love the shoe to death, skating them right now after a year of GT’s and it’s a really nice difference having the protection and the durability of the soles.

But I take them off the moment I’m done skating and wear any other shoe during the day .

shitsandwich

• Rep: -53
« Reply #31583 on: September 29, 2020, 01:13:04 AM »
I've skated nothing but vans slip pros and winos for years, but I think the thin shoes are catching up to me. I'm thinking of pick up the emrica g6 winos, anyone know how much they'll protect my feet?

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #31584 on: September 29, 2020, 02:50:43 AM »
I've skated nothing but vans slip pros and winos for years, but I think the thin shoes are catching up to me. I'm thinking of pick up the emrica g6 winos, anyone know how much they'll protect my feet?
still a minimal upper, but the G6 insole is good and will help. I'd say similar but not as bulky in the heel as the newer vans Popcush

jerrygurneyscream

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #31585 on: September 29, 2020, 08:11:28 AM »

comin in hot

shitsandwich

• Rep: -53
« Reply #31586 on: September 29, 2020, 10:54:25 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
still a minimal upper, but the G6 insole is good and will help. I'd say similar but not as bulky in the heel as the newer vans Popcush

Hmm okay thanks for the help!

Seventyfrigginseven

« Reply #31587 on: September 29, 2020, 05:21:49 PM »

MusclesMarinara

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 100
« Reply #31588 on: September 29, 2020, 08:19:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Hmm okay thanks for the help!

The past few months I was wearing nothing but emerica cups and vulcs for skating and chillers. Honestly the thin uppers and soles, both G6 and non did nothing for my feet. I've had my fill of vulcs, my feet and wallet cannot handle them sadly. Just bought some eS Tribos in August and my feet cannot be any happier. Definitely will be sticking with the eS reissues for now on.

It sucks cause I loved Emerica, but they are a sad shell of their former selves anymore.
Alex Olson never had the makings of a varsity athlete.

JK42

• Rep: 20
« Reply #31589 on: September 30, 2020, 02:12:54 AM »

I got a pair of laced wino G6s and have put them on ebay. They squeeze my toes and don't really support the middle of my foot. They seem to be ok made, comfier than the Dicksons (IMHO). I never really like the way emerica use cardboard under the insole though. Always seems a bit cheap. I was told its so SoleTech pay less tax on them, but this maybe bollox.