Author Topic: Post the shoes you're wearing.  (Read 4525551 times)

Deekay

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
Re: Post the shoes you're wearing.
« Reply #31740 on: November 11, 2020, 06:27:25 AM »

Tried to get a good picture of these Cons but Sydney wanted in... I've skated then for about 7 hours now. They're a nice thin mid top cupsole with nice arch support. The sole and the suede have both been really durable. I did super glue the seams around the chevron and toe because they looked they they would have blown out early on. Was thinking of jumping to one stars or LL but might just stay right here and get some more Fastbreaks.

Shoes look cool as well but the pupper gained you the +1 today, adorable.

Leib, Son of Nat

« Reply #31741 on: November 11, 2020, 07:10:07 PM »
Fila fitness suede with footprint insole. Surprised at how good these things are. Bought them on a whim a while back at The Ross Dress For Less for $25.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #31742 on: November 11, 2020, 08:40:50 PM »
^

pretty nice actually, those ragged edges would freak me out a bit about skating them, but i guess they are not that noticeable.

i think i had the same shoe in all brown and hi as a kid when i was 11 or so to wear as a winter shoe. i think that was when i was seeing my first rap videos and started to want cool clothes and i wanted something that resembled brown timbs, without having to wear actual boots. i remember loving that shoe and feeling cool as hell wearing them with my baggy southpole jeans. ha. shortly before i started skating. if i didn't grow out of these within a year or two i probably would have tried to skate in them.

Leib, Son of Nat

« Reply #31743 on: November 11, 2020, 09:22:43 PM »
^

pretty nice actually, those ragged edges would freak me out a bit about skating them, but i guess they are not that noticeable.

i think i had the same shoe in all brown and hi as a kid when i was 11 or so to wear as a winter shoe. i think that was when i was seeing my first rap videos and started to want cool clothes and i wanted something that resembled brown timbs, without having to wear actual boots. i remember loving that shoe and feeling cool as hell wearing them with my baggy southpole jeans. ha. shortly before i started skating. if i didn't grow out of these within a year or two i probably would have tried to skate in them.

Give them a shot for skating. I was skating some Nike SB lunar gato world cups, then randomly switched and decided to just wear these, then donate to the men's shelter when I'm over it. I liked them enough to buy some F13 black leather for $36

zozu

• Rep: 122
« Reply #31744 on: November 12, 2020, 01:52:42 AM »
Converse Rival Mid
I got these from an outlet for basically nothing to see how they skate, first impression is very slippery but the look-down factor is sick.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #31745 on: November 12, 2020, 02:16:53 AM »
Converse Rival Mid
I got these from an outlet for basically nothing to see how they skate, first impression is very slippery but the look-down factor is sick.

i really dig how the panels and stitching overlap on this one. looks really appealing for some reason.

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -237
« Reply #31746 on: November 12, 2020, 05:26:13 AM »
Converse Rival Mid

Damn those are nice!
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

Deekay

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #31747 on: November 12, 2020, 06:14:19 AM »
Converse Rival Mid

These are really dope, great colorway as well.

Richard Skidder

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 410
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #31748 on: November 12, 2020, 07:10:37 AM »

Nike SB Dunk lo-pro 2016
Remind Destin Insoles

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #31749 on: November 12, 2020, 08:43:49 AM »

Nike SB Dunk lo-pro 2016
Remind Destin Insoles

Are those the 3mm insoles? any other shoes you've used them in? and hows the forefoot cushion?

Richard Skidder

• Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #31750 on: November 12, 2020, 09:00:27 AM »
Yes they’re 3mm. Forefoot cushioning is good in cup soles. You’re gonna want something thicker for vulcs. I put them in Adidas Campus ADV to prevent heel slip but that made it worse, those were the worst she’s I’ve ever skated though. These insoles are great in standard Halfcabs with the old canvas liner because they don’t take up too much space feel more cushy than halfcab pros. They also gave me better fit and board feel in my Maranas.

handsclapanin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #31751 on: November 12, 2020, 10:43:27 AM »
Retiring my first pair of Joslins. Lasted 2.5 months, lots of skating and a more than usual number of new boards. So new grip and more wear. I almost always rip laces at the top holes. From all the wallrides, wallies, slappies I do. The laces almost broke, but the shoe collar took most of that abuse. I always wear through my sole first on shoes. Once it gets thin, I'll start to feel more sore at the end of a skate day and know its time for a new pair. These ones wore almost all the way through, but the support was still good.

My original plan was to wear these DC's next.
Then the Tyshawns.
And then settle into a life of Joslins. I've got 6 pairs on deck.

But when it came time to skate; another pair of Joslins appeared on my feet.

Locbrew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 260
  • OWWW HAVE MERCY!
« Reply #31752 on: November 12, 2020, 10:52:29 AM »
Anyone tried the Last Resort AB VM001 yet? How do they fit?
Adam Dyet is the black jellybean of skateboarding.

Level 60 Dwarf Rogue

• Rep: -64
« Reply #31753 on: November 12, 2020, 10:54:50 AM »
I wish Etnies would make a Michelin Rap, screw, or low cut and call it a day. The old designs still kill it today. MC rap is up there as a favorite of all time, even though it’s basically an accel, but still... Etnies still gives me Tom penny vibes.

jamersonbass

• Rep: 70
« Reply #31754 on: November 12, 2020, 12:12:03 PM »

My girl got me a pair for my birthday.  I think they fit well tts, though there's a tiny bit of wiggle room in the length.  Nothing too crazy. I don't skate vulcs, so I'm just wearing them for chillers.

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #31755 on: November 12, 2020, 12:18:57 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

My girl got me a pair for my birthday.  I think they fit well tts, though there's a tiny bit of wiggle room in the length.  Nothing too crazy. I don't skate vulcs, so I'm just wearing them for chillers.
awesome bday gift! Want them to make a size 13 so I can grab

KillDayoy

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 17
« Reply #31756 on: November 12, 2020, 01:47:02 PM »

Just finished skating a pair, pretty TTS although a bit long like someone already mentioned, but not so much so that I'd go a half size down. They skated great right out the box, sidewall and suede held up really well. My only issue was the bottom of the sole blew out before anything else which hasn't happened to me in years, they'd still have so much life in them if the sole didn't wear out so quick.

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #31757 on: November 12, 2020, 01:59:06 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Just finished skating a pair, pretty TTS although a bit long like someone already mentioned, but not so much so that I'd go a half size down. They skated great right out the box, sidewall and suede held up really well. My only issue was the bottom of the sole blew out before anything else which hasn't happened to me in years, they'd still have so much life in them if the sole didn't wear out so quick.

Damn, thats the big dealbreaker for me. Bummed to hear it.

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #31758 on: November 12, 2020, 02:49:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

First i hear that. Blow out as in wear out? Or the sides separate like a vans pro vulc? Don't see how the sole would wear down that quickly as they're designed like the cta's and i've heard those are grippy forever. You foot dragging to slow down/filming?

also hadn't seen this - not on a review but still fun nonetheless and Blinky comments:
‘yeah they’re hella grippy, bit more solid on the sole than vans which I usually find a bit squishy’
"I’m actually really into them. They fit really nice and I’ve got weird feet that get hurt by new shoes easily. They’re like a nice vulc with a heavy sole that gives you a bit of beef and protection"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dVTObzsyQo

Hyliannightmare

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -204
« Reply #31759 on: November 12, 2020, 03:26:34 PM »
Expand Quote
^

[close]

Give them a shot for skating. I was skating some Nike SB lunar gato world cups, then randomly switched and decided to just wear these, then donate to the men's shelter when I'm over it. I liked them enough to buy some F13 black leather for $36

I skated some fila highs earlier this years cause they were like 13 dollars or something at Burlington and wow did they pleasantly surprise me. Lasted a hot minute too. Would definitely skate again for the right price

KillDayoy

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 17
« Reply #31760 on: November 12, 2020, 09:46:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
First i hear that. Blow out as in wear out? Or the sides separate like a vans pro vulc? Don't see how the sole would wear down that quickly as they're designed like the cta's and i've heard those are grippy forever. You foot dragging to slow down/filming?

also hadn't seen this - not on a review but still fun nonetheless and Blinky comments:
‘yeah they’re hella grippy, bit more solid on the sole than vans which I usually find a bit squishy’
"I’m actually really into them. They fit really nice and I’ve got weird feet that get hurt by new shoes easily. They’re like a nice vulc with a heavy sole that gives you a bit of beef and protection"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dVTObzsyQo

Just worn through. Foot dragging haha, good one. The wear was on the sole of my front foot and I by no means have the shuffle foot on set up. I'm assuming it's from skating more transition lately, but like I said, I haven't had this happen to a shoe in years and I pretty much strictly skate Chucks.

Glurmpz

« Reply #31761 on: November 12, 2020, 10:14:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
^

[close]

[close]

I skated some fila highs earlier this years cause they were like 13 dollars or something at Burlington and wow did they pleasantly surprise me. Lasted a hot minute too. Would definitely skate again for the right price

Damn! How do you guys skate in Original Fitness?! I've always liked the look so I have a couple pairs as chillers but the sole on those things is rock hard and crazy thick. I guess people skated them sometimes in the 90's so I shouldn't be too shocked, but skating in crazy thick shoes with zero boardfeel makes me feel like I'm going to break my ankles.

I've got green suede/gum and tan/gum Original Fitness'. So dope.

Leib, Son of Nat

« Reply #31762 on: November 12, 2020, 10:51:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
^

[close]

[close]

[close]

Damn! How do you guys skate in Original Fitness?! I've always liked the look so I have a couple pairs as chillers but the sole on those things is rock hard and crazy thick. I guess people skated them sometimes in the 90's so I shouldn't be too shocked, but skating in crazy thick shoes with zero boardfeel makes me feel like I'm going to break my ankles.

I've got green suede/gum and tan/gum Original Fitness'. So dope.

The boardfeel is actually pretty good. Using 5mm footprint insoles. Excellent grip too. Prob wouldn't keep buying them, but nice to experiment.

Richard Skidder

« Reply #31763 on: November 13, 2020, 06:01:41 AM »

Adidas Gazelle Alltimers

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 429
« Reply #31764 on: November 13, 2020, 06:24:22 AM »
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

sadnocomply

• Rep: 117
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #31765 on: November 13, 2020, 09:53:25 AM »

slutonparade

• Rep: 26
« Reply #31766 on: November 13, 2020, 11:01:14 AM »

Sizzla

• Rep: 223
  • I luv I jah
« Reply #31767 on: November 14, 2020, 05:47:48 AM »

Wha dem ah look for dem nah go see, something dramatic and extraordinary
I an I haff nah white god

Richard Skidder

« Reply #31768 on: November 14, 2020, 02:57:02 PM »

Dunk High Decon Doc Martin

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 530
« Reply #31769 on: November 14, 2020, 07:16:34 PM »
Been skating AJ1 lows and love them. Big fan of skating leather shoes for their durability, and these have a quality leather that has lasted longer than some SB's I've tried. They've really kept their shape and the outsole hasn't noticeably lost grip despite the tread wearing down.

I noticed when I first put them on that they have a harder sole (this was surprising, I was expecting them to feel like dunks), but it worked for me. I usually hate skating new shoes but I remember having a great first session in them, the stiff cupsole felt really good. I might be team cup forever now.

The tongue isn't too puffy but has cushioning, laces are high above the sidewall and safe from danger... I have zero complaints. Bout once a week would brush some gorilla glue on the stitching around the toe to avoid blowouts (Wavy Phil tip). Pretty slim in the toe so maybe not the best fit for a wide foot. Feel a lot like a pair of eS accel slims I skated around 2012, which I really liked as well.

Got a new pair of all black mids coming with what seems to be a different type of finish on the leather, excited to see how they hold up.

« Last Edit: November 14, 2020, 08:40:08 PM by Urtripping »
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead