Author Topic: Post the shoes you're wearing.  (Read 4524847 times)

Acky Jacky

Re: Post the shoes you're wearing.
« Reply #31800 on: November 22, 2020, 01:54:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

super tempted on these but never had nb numerics before so i have no clue about their sizing. What if i told you i'm a 9'5 in vans pros, and a 9 (most of the times) in adidas/sb? cheers!
[close]

I’d be a little confused because I thought Nikes ran small? I wear 10 in Vans, 10 in Adidas and 10 in most other shoes (9.5 in Cons). I’d say if you have a regular fit go true to size, if your foot is narrow maybe go with the 9. But tbh I never heard of Adidas running bigger than Vans, or Nike for that matter.

P.s. these are my favorite shoes I can remember skating. I usually try something new each time but I think I’ll be sticking with these for a while.
[close]
Not to throw a wrench into this but I will anyway.
I had to 0.5 up in my 440s [Slap eBay colorway I got during the summer ;)] like I do with most NB# shoes.

Also, I find it interesting that some people find Nikes run small when they've been nearly all TTS for me (cup and vulc)

Well not to throw another wrench in this, but I bought a pair of the Slap lowtop 440s in a size 10 (same as the 440 high). And I feel like those run slightly smaller than the 440 high. I have a wider foot too, and I felt like I couldn’t even skate in the low top 440’s but I gave them about 6 sessions and they started to feel really good. That played into my decision to buy the size 10 in the high tops. The high tops have a more supple leather that breaks in instantly IMO.
I haven’t had a Nike Skate shoe since my freshman year of high school (I’m 31) so I’m not qualified to speak on their sizing. Most of their non-skate shoes run a little narrow and I usually go a half size up.

TLDR; dude, wherever you buy your 440s try them on first or check about the return policy.  If you don’t buy them, me and this other guy just confused the shit out of everyone for no reason.

jerrygurneyscream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 130
« Reply #31801 on: November 23, 2020, 12:38:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Converse Rival Mid
I got these from an outlet for basically nothing to see how they skate, first impression is very slippery but the look-down factor is sick.

[close]

These are really dope, great colorway as well.

Been seeing Kaue Cossa skating these a lot lately. Very interested to try a pair

Lukabrazi

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 152
« Reply #31802 on: November 23, 2020, 10:12:08 PM »

DC lynx Zero

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #31803 on: November 24, 2020, 02:57:33 AM »
^

nice, looks way better on feet than on pics.

chris.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 184
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #31804 on: November 24, 2020, 05:08:40 AM »
Those do look nice. I had been tempted to use a 30% off code on the Lynx Zero but I wasn't crazy about the first colorways. There is a nice black/gum one now though. Hmmmm.

Glurmpz

« Reply #31805 on: November 24, 2020, 12:10:08 PM »
^

I had the opposite experience. They look nice in photos to me but we have them at the shop and they're like boots they're so bulky. You know how sometimes you can tell a shoe is a no-go literally the second your foot makes it all the way in? That was these. Couldn't take them off quick enough, which was a bummer because I used to love the lynx back in the day and was hoping these would actually be slimmer somehow, but no such luck. Make my feet look like a size 13.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #31806 on: November 24, 2020, 12:24:36 PM »
Expand Quote
^

[close]

I had the opposite experience. They look nice in photos to me but we have them at the shop and they're like boots they're so bulky. You know how sometimes you can tell a shoe is a no-go literally the second your foot makes it all the way in? That was these. Couldn't take them off quick enough, which was a bummer because I used to love the lynx back in the day and was hoping these would actually be slimmer somehow, but no such luck. Make my feet look like a size 13.

maybe i'm missing a frame of reference for comparison, but i'd thought they'd look fatter than this, or would have an even more squareish shape from the online pics i've seen. and then with feet it's also different again, although i guess not as much with a shoe with as much structural integrity as this.

not gonna lie, they would be too fat for me as well, but the wearer in the pic rocks em real nice imo.

Hyliannightmare

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -204
« Reply #31807 on: November 30, 2020, 02:01:14 PM »

from 2014

like 7 bucks for both pairs at the thrift. can't be mad

Lukabrazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 152
« Reply #31808 on: November 30, 2020, 02:25:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
^

[close]

[close]

maybe i'm missing a frame of reference for comparison, but i'd thought they'd look fatter than this, or would have an even more squareish shape from the online pics i've seen. and then with feet it's also different again, although i guess not as much with a shoe with as much structural integrity as this.

not gonna lie, they would be too fat for me as well, but the wearer in the pic rocks em real nice imo.

they really aren't that fat. I'm going to need to break them in for skating for sure though as I'm not used to a cupsole that thick.

our local was having an anniversary sale last week with 20% off shoes. so these cost me $88 + tax. not bad for something I'd never thought I'd be able to purchase again let alone for under retail. by far my favorite dunk hi's this year.

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #31809 on: November 30, 2020, 05:45:55 PM »
Berrics canteen just had those up for raffle tonight with some other dunks haha that’s awesome of your local, big score

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #31810 on: November 30, 2020, 09:58:00 PM »

Snagged these at Ross for pretty cheap earlier today. Camo ain’t really my style but because they were so cheap and because OG Old Skools are my favorite shoes to skate in of all time I ended up snagging them anyways, just gonna skate em and deal with the fact that they’re camo. I remember posting a pair of other shoes in this thread months ago and one or two people were giving me grief for it because the laces were put on a bit crooked, so for this pic I intentionally kept the laces unkempt as fuck just to rile those same people up. I hope the shitty lace job and camo combo is making you cringe like listening to nails on a chalkboard, muahahah
(Note: I actually made all that up, in actuality I took the pic in a hurry without noticing the laces at all at first, after the pic was taken I noticed and I immediately fixed em up a bit but was just too lazy to take another picture lol; sloppy lace jobs don’t bother me but this was even a bit too much for me to even look at)

GoneWithTheSchwinn

• Mods
  • Rep: -9958
« Reply #31811 on: November 30, 2020, 09:59:38 PM »
Black Gilbert Crocket highs, you know what they fucking look like.

BLACK LIVES MATTER
FUCK 12

"Watch out or the gazpacho police will get you!"

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 470
« Reply #31812 on: December 01, 2020, 03:28:56 AM »
Noble, I've seen a few people with that exact shoe in the wild: skating and just walking around. You don't notice the camo that much. It's fairly subtle since it's darker. in my opinion. You should be good to go on that end.  8)
Super Champion Fun Zone

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #31813 on: December 01, 2020, 06:14:07 AM »
Got these in yesterday and really excited that the 12 fits. Love the fit and finish overall, materials, etc. feel great on foot so far.

IpathCats

« Reply #31814 on: December 01, 2020, 07:07:36 AM »
Expand Quote

Yea, I know, try and contain your envy.
[close]

Are you an amateur wrestler?

No, just a professional at wearing gross looking shoes because they skate well.

TwisT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1032
« Reply #31815 on: December 01, 2020, 11:29:40 AM »
I've skated a few reeboks over the past 2 years. I'm currently skating the reebok royal complete. These by far are the best.

IpathCats

« Reply #31816 on: December 01, 2020, 02:05:01 PM »
I've skated a few reeboks over the past 2 years. I'm currently skating the reebok royal complete. These by far are the best.

Is that a cupsole? Looks like a cupsole blazer, ha

Firebert

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #31817 on: December 02, 2020, 01:57:34 PM »
Those new Adidas Puigs - definitely would get another pair when they go on sale again.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CIT639El5id/

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #31818 on: December 02, 2020, 02:21:47 PM »
Those new Adidas Puigs - definitely would get another pair when they go on sale again.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CIT639El5id/
cushioning subpar i heard? did you swap insole?

Firebert

• SLAP Pal
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #31819 on: December 02, 2020, 02:26:46 PM »
Cushioning is minimal, but feel great to me - no need to switch the insole - I like 'em how they come - and they aren't too big like all the other 8.5 adidas I have.

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #31820 on: December 02, 2020, 03:03:00 PM »
@Firebert good to know, sleek silhouette for sure. Did the heel feel clunky at all with the unnecessary outsole and traction piece?

Firebert

• SLAP Pal
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #31821 on: December 03, 2020, 07:02:23 AM »
@Firebert good to know, sleek silhouette for sure. Did the heel feel clunky at all with the unnecessary outsole and traction piece?
Nah just feels part of the shoe, seems pretty necessary

potpie

• Rep: 30
« Reply #31822 on: December 03, 2020, 08:18:20 AM »
those look awesome firebert, definitely the type of shoe that would make me skate better solely based on looks

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #31823 on: December 04, 2020, 12:35:51 PM »
Set up a new Zero I had (will post in Set up Thread later) but I'm toying with pairing one of these with it. Just not sure which. Don't know if I should revisit one already skated or try a new one (Joslin 2 and Americana )
Only the Reynolds G6 and Evants had a proper sessions. Everything else is just casually worn.
Also, yes I love SoleTech shoes and I think they make some of the best shoes currently! Fight me   :D
Super Champion Fun Zone

hobojoe

• Rep: 5
« Reply #31824 on: December 04, 2020, 01:27:52 PM »

I’ve been having such good luck finding cheap New Balances lately. Grabbed these for $45, I like em a lot.

Urtripping

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 531
« Reply #31825 on: December 04, 2020, 03:43:58 PM »
After the pair of Jordan 1 lows I skated, I needed to see what the mids were like, and I like them even more. If you're like me and enjoy skating in leather cupsoles, then I seriously recommend. I think I'm gonna be a Jordan 1 guy for a while.

Thing is too the mids can be found consignment and resale for very reasonable prices, especially if you're ok with slightly used. These cost me $45 on depop.

I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #31826 on: December 04, 2020, 04:52:23 PM »
After the pair of Jordan 1 lows I skated, I needed to see what the mids were like, and I like them even more. If you're like me and enjoy skating in leather cupsoles, then I seriously recommend. I think I'm gonna be a Jordan 1 guy for a while.

Thing is too the mids can be found consignment and resale for very reasonable prices, especially if you're ok with slightly used. These cost me $45 on depop.

Contrary to your username, I am not tripping because I totally agree! AJ1s are dope and that all black leather looks so clean to skate in! I have enough shoes, don't tempt me haha
Super Champion Fun Zone

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 429
« Reply #31827 on: December 04, 2020, 05:21:20 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Contrary to your username, I am not tripping because I totally agree! AJ1s are dope and that all black leather looks so clean to skate in! I have enough shoes, don't tempt me haha

Was flipping through GOAT used section for some earlier.
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #31828 on: December 04, 2020, 06:25:24 PM »
Some of the materials on the mids and “phat” lows can be cardboard or particle board like on the toebox. Crease and just turn into a hard edge when worn. Just something to look out for. But I need another pair that fits me (my foot grew a half size in the past year) but the flick was incredible from what I remember.

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #31829 on: December 04, 2020, 08:13:26 PM »
^^ Agreed. Materials on Jordan mids and lows are hit or miss. Gotta go for the premium looking colorways and you’ll be alright. Retro highs are the best for skating imo but they are harder to get but eBay definitely has some used deals