Author Topic: Post the shoes you're wearing.  (Read 4536837 times)

Roy Machine

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -5
Re: Post the shoes you're wearing.
« Reply #32160 on: February 13, 2021, 01:23:56 AM »
If this would bei a Nike/Adidas shoe I wouldn't even care.
They are special because they are emericas. but this is enough for me to buy them.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #32161 on: February 13, 2021, 07:40:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Just wondering, anybody else thinks that those Emericas are ugly af?
[close]

They aren’t ugly, just really not as special as everyone is trying to make it sound.
I guess everyone is so bored with emerica’s current offering that anything that is slightly different gets people stocked.
You nailed it 100%
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Big Baby Jesus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 267
    • Suciu avatar image
« Reply #32162 on: February 13, 2021, 03:51:03 PM »

The shoes I’m wearing/ skating vs the shoes I’m waiting to skate once this polar vortex blows over.

How long did you have the quattros before they got that thrashed?
flat spotted 3 times in 2 weeks, other than that awesome wheels

Baby is gonna be raised by Max and Cyrus

IanBZHD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 55
« Reply #32163 on: February 13, 2021, 05:11:29 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

The shoes I’m wearing/ skating vs the shoes I’m waiting to skate once this polar vortex blows over.
[close]

How long did you have the quattros before they got that thrashed?
[close]
Got them in late October. I skate every day for atleast 2 hours so they lasted me fairly long. I also do a million flip tricks every session so that speeds things up. Great shoes
You blew your Quattros out like I thought I would, but luckily they're super durable for me.
One of the better/best shoes I've skated recently.

chillclinton87

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 127
« Reply #32164 on: February 14, 2021, 01:26:11 AM »

oh boy you trashed those quattros.......cool to hear that they lasted you quite long!

i like the design on those a lot, especcially on the color you got.
Hope you like the tyshawns, really loved how mine skated and they should last you a while. very durable shoes

chillclinton87

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 127
« Reply #32165 on: February 14, 2021, 01:35:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

oh boy you trashed those quattros.......cool to hear that they lasted you quite long!

i like the design on those a lot, especcially on the color you got.
Hope you like the tyshawns, really loved how mine skated and they should last you a while. very durable shoes
[close]
Actually had my first pair of tyshawns right before I got the quattros and they might have been my favorite skate shoes of all time. I’m too stoked to be getting another pair.

maybe not all time........well maybe all time now that i think of ordering every color that comes out.....the black suede, white sole and red or gum midsole colorways look fire!
flick is great, feet are protected and the look really grew on me especially with the right pants....just a very reliable shoe and durable...

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 478
« Reply #32166 on: February 14, 2021, 02:09:51 AM »
Seeing those Quattros is making me really want a pair! I kept holding out because of the sizing and my current stack of shoes that I need to skate/wear first!
Super Champion Fun Zone

PincherBug

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -102
« Reply #32167 on: February 14, 2021, 04:50:14 PM »
I know they pricey, but i couldnt resist a pair of clean looking, black suede shell toes

Boog

• Rep: 196
« Reply #32168 on: February 14, 2021, 06:03:09 PM »
I know they pricey, but i couldnt resist a pair of clean looking, black suede shell toes

Damn those are nice. I'm going to have to get a pair now.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1929
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #32169 on: February 14, 2021, 11:54:38 PM »

First pair of cupsoles, last 5 pairs were vulcs and it's definitely growing on me. Adjusted to the change in board feel within 2 sessions, grip and release on flicks took a while to get used to but I actually prefer it. Having more padding was definitely welcome and my feet were not screaming at the end of the session. The sole and outsole felt pretty durable too, it would be a few more session before I would need to break out the Shoe Goo. TTS, got them 1/2 a size bigger so my foot wasn't as secure as I would have liked.

Only gripe with the shoe was it only had 3 lace loops keeping the shoe together and they were exposed so they got wore down pretty quick. Had to save them with Shoe Goo, if they tore I would have had to retire them early.

Can see myself wearing a cupsole down the line, if anyone has a recommendation for a hybrid that does both (board feel + grip) I would love to try that.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

eSK3

« Reply #32170 on: February 15, 2021, 02:05:29 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

They aren’t ugly, just really not as special as everyone is trying to make it sound.
I guess everyone is so bored with emerica’s current offering that anything that is slightly different gets people stocked.

👆 This times a thousand. Those emerica are really bland and definitely not worth the praise or hype the core enthusiasts wanna push on everyone to believe.

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 478
« Reply #32171 on: February 15, 2021, 09:18:30 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

👆 This times a thousand. Those emerica are really bland and definitely not worth the praise or hype the core enthusiasts wanna push on everyone to believe.

They're not bland though. Simple, yes, since it's an updated reissue of a shoe that came out in late 90s/early 2000s. For what Emerica currently offers since Reynolds left, this is another shoe that isn't just a Figgy/Wino clone (2 panel Vans Era style) and that's worth being hyped on. Plus SoleTech brands make quality shoes that don't fall apart immediately. Emerica has seasons of quality designs that they can either reissue/modernize or take inspiration from for new shoes. It's a crime they haven't been doing that until now with the Gamma, Tilt Vulc, and supposed KSL reissue coming.
Super Champion Fun Zone

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
  • Harley-Davidson Ironwing
« Reply #32172 on: February 15, 2021, 09:37:27 AM »
Gammas look great. Emerica designs have been boring since the Laced came out
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #32173 on: February 15, 2021, 10:28:45 AM »
Gammas look great. Emerica designs have been boring since the Laced came out
That's really true
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -238
« Reply #32174 on: February 15, 2021, 10:37:33 AM »
I typically feel that Emericas look super bland/boring but I like those. They are kinda like Reebok Revenge/C Club, two shoes that I really like.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

Fhk

« Reply #32175 on: February 15, 2021, 06:04:54 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I typically feel that Emericas look super bland/boring but I like those. They are kinda like Reebok Revenge/C Club, two shoes that I really like.
They are a complete copy of the Club C. If these skate like them but last longer, they could be one of the best skate shoes ever imo.

BugleBites

• Rep: -68
« Reply #32176 on: February 15, 2021, 09:31:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
They are a complete copy of the Club C. If these skate like them but last longer, they could be one of the best skate shoes ever imo.

Not even close when you actually look at them side by side. Literally all the panels are different and the only thing that's similar is that they used a window for the logo.

Emerica is ok but I saw some clips of a guy skating the Gammas on instagram and they look kinda weird. Don't think I like the whole toe section.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2021, 09:46:19 PM by BugleBites »

PincherBug

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -102
« Reply #32177 on: February 16, 2021, 12:08:36 AM »
Just got these in the mail from Nordstroms, they finally got the black saddle sid pros, I really like them, i got my uncle a pair a week ago of the tan colorway. He said they were super comfortable, once i saw the black colorway went up a day later i knew it was a sign
« Last Edit: February 16, 2021, 12:24:09 AM by PincherBug »

Fhk

« Reply #32178 on: February 16, 2021, 06:55:50 AM »

Red Ranger flex for all my muthafukin mountain people..
;D

thepman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -94
« Reply #32179 on: February 16, 2021, 06:56:35 AM »

I’m in love.
Haven’t skated high tops in maybe a decade but had to give these a go. Skated nothing but the 440 low for a year and been having ankle issues so hoping this is a match made in heaven.
skating is all about choosing your outfit very deliberately, going out in public. looking super sick. and then riding your board a little bit

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1361
« Reply #32180 on: February 16, 2021, 09:16:08 AM »
Tom Knox NB 440 High
They feel nice out the box

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 645
« Reply #32181 on: February 16, 2021, 10:49:46 AM »

I’m in love.
Haven’t skated high tops in maybe a decade but had to give these a go. Skated nothing but the 440 low for a year and been having ankle issues so hoping this is a match made in heaven.
That colorway looks amazing, especially combined with those pants. What kind of pants are those?

Nate.Dog

• Rep: -9
« Reply #32182 on: February 16, 2021, 10:55:55 AM »

I’m in love.

yoooo where did you find these?  I've been waiting for them to drop for so long

Manny Fapuiao

• Rep: 110
« Reply #32183 on: February 16, 2021, 11:02:33 AM »
loving the recent NB action, broke out the MIE 1500's (kook me for the non-skate shoes if you want but thread title is pretty open ended)

I've had a better understanding of what is happening around me while smoking Salvia as a passenger in a moving vehicle than reading your post

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #32184 on: February 16, 2021, 11:11:43 AM »
loving the recent NB action, broke out the MIE 1500's (kook me for the non-skate shoes if you want but thread title is pretty open ended)

gnar for the made in UK. That’s a great colorway

Manny Fapuiao

• Rep: 110
« Reply #32185 on: February 16, 2021, 11:42:11 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
gnar for the made in UK. That’s a great colorway
Bless you! Was super happy to get them below retail. The materials/quality is seriously amazing, New Balance is at the top of their game.
I've had a better understanding of what is happening around me while smoking Salvia as a passenger in a moving vehicle than reading your post

thepman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #32186 on: February 17, 2021, 12:38:27 AM »
Expand Quote

I’m in love.
[close]
That colorway looks amazing, especially combined with those pants. What kind of pants are those?

Polar 93 cords, lovely colour, very comfy
skating is all about choosing your outfit very deliberately, going out in public. looking super sick. and then riding your board a little bit

thepman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #32187 on: February 17, 2021, 12:39:44 AM »
Expand Quote

I’m in love.
[close]

yoooo where did you find these?  I've been waiting for them to drop for so long

My shop just got them, I think someone in the New Balance thread said they should be hitting this week elsewhere :)

Fhk

« Reply #32188 on: February 17, 2021, 03:52:44 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]

Not even close when you actually look at them side by side. Literally all the panels are different and the only thing that's similar is that they used a window for the logo.

Thank you for creating that lol Those are different for sure.

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #32189 on: February 17, 2021, 06:41:03 AM »