Author Topic: Post the shoes you're wearing.  (Read 4524960 times)

jgonzalez and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Fhk

Re: Post the shoes you're wearing.
« Reply #32190 on: February 17, 2021, 06:58:47 AM »
^ so nice..do you skate them or are they just for civilian use?

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #32191 on: February 17, 2021, 07:01:47 AM »
chillers, had for almost 4 years now. Skated other 1’s but i won’t with these

Fhk

« Reply #32192 on: February 17, 2021, 07:09:20 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
chillers, had for almost 4 years now. Skated other 1’s but i won’t with these
Good call those are dope.

socksthewizard

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 13
« Reply #32193 on: February 17, 2021, 08:36:22 AM »
Last Resort AB VM001 Suede Lo , very comfortable and my first pair of vulcs
Dickies 874 Work Pants (if you think of a pair of pants that could go well with these whether they're contrasting or not lmk, I'm trying to improve my pants game :P )

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 470
« Reply #32194 on: February 17, 2021, 12:36:22 PM »
Last Resort AB VM001 Suede Lo , very comfortable and my first pair of vulcs
Dickies 874 Work Pants (if you think of a pair of pants that could go well with these whether they're contrasting or not lmk, I'm trying to improve my pants game :P )
I've heard good things about Polar pants/Jeans and the connection with Pontus would be a nice match.
I think some deep blue denim Denizen Jeans may go with these all blacks.
I'd personally recommend a Volcom VMonty Pants (earthy tones preferable or black to murder pants and feet out haha)
Super Champion Fun Zone

PincherBug

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -102
« Reply #32195 on: February 17, 2021, 07:53:23 PM »
I think Assflea was the first person who mentioned how much he loved his pair.  When all black colorway came out i had to try em

i own to many skate shoes

• Rep: 0
« Reply #32196 on: February 18, 2021, 08:38:05 AM »
I pretty much wear and skate all of my shoes and i own a lot of shoes so im just gonna put my favorite 3. Grey/red dc lynx, sadly i cant skate them because there to small, all white dc lynx, and the Stevie William og, the first day i was skating the Williams i blew the lace loops out so that kinda sucked

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 800
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #32197 on: February 19, 2021, 07:15:52 AM »

My fastbreaks are almost toast. Also been trying to run through my current shoe hoard instead of buying new.
Gonna skate these HUF Nobles next.

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1137
  • old and in the way
« Reply #32198 on: February 19, 2021, 09:05:33 AM »
I never was a mid-hightop person but I'm waiting on ankle surgery and really like the SB Blazer mids comfort / support.

hey SLAP-is there a free gear thread set up to communicate/give away skate gear you don't need to local folks? Like free cycle? I'm injured and want to pass some stuff on. Thanks.

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1355
« Reply #32199 on: February 19, 2021, 09:36:14 AM »
I never was a mid-hightop person but I'm waiting on ankle surgery and really like the SB Blazer mids comfort / support.

Damn man, wish you an easy and speedy recovery.

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #32200 on: February 19, 2021, 10:02:15 AM »

hey SLAP-is there a free gear thread set up to communicate/give away skate gear you don't need to local folks? Like free cycle? I'm injured and want to pass some stuff on. Thanks.

There is not but it would be very cool.

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1092
« Reply #32201 on: February 19, 2021, 10:45:33 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

It would be cool to get gear to those in need. I’ve never come up with a great way to do it.

YungJugg

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 225
« Reply #32202 on: February 19, 2021, 12:13:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

It would be cool to get gear to those in need. I’ve never come up with a great way to do it.

A Free-Cycle or Pass It Forward thread in the Classifieds would be dope, the receiver would just pay the shipping. Also you can always drop shit off at the local park or shop for the groms.

Wish you a speedy recovery Tuxedo!

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1092
« Reply #32203 on: February 19, 2021, 01:04:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

A Free-Cycle or Pass It Forward thread in the Classifieds would be dope, the receiver would just pay the shipping. Also you can always drop shit off at the local park or shop for the groms.

Wish you a speedy recovery Tuxedo!

I like the idea of the classifieds thread.
Dropping it off at the shop: they don’t always want stuff there, for a multitude of reasons, rent/space in urban areas is hard fought, and they are in the business. To sell stuff. So they can barely scrape by. The giving old product to kids works pretty well, but has awkward parts to it as well.
Anyways, good idea

Fhk

« Reply #32204 on: February 19, 2021, 03:58:45 PM »
I 100% back this! It is awkward sometimes giving shit to a shop, and where I live shops are hours away..plus I "know" it's going to a good home if it's on here. If someone pays the shipping I would be more than willing to walk to my PO to help a mofo out with a deck/shoes. This just made my night somebody put this together!!

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1137
  • old and in the way
« Reply #32205 on: February 19, 2021, 05:01:27 PM »
thanks @Silky Johnson @ok @YungJugg I'm hoping to be post PT and maybe skating by the end of summer or the fall if my recovery goes well.
Anyways, I have some 10.5 kicks that are lightly used and some skate gear too. I usually drop of at KCDC but it would be great to get gear to people in the need. If we start a free cycle thread in classifieds I can def post pics and dimensions.

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #32206 on: February 19, 2021, 06:06:19 PM »
thanks @Silky Johnson @ok @YungJugg I'm hoping to be post PT and maybe skating by the end of summer or the fall if my recovery goes well.
Anyways, I have some 10.5 kicks that are lightly used and some skate gear too. I usually drop of at KCDC but it would be great to get gear to people in the need. If we start a free cycle thread in classifieds I can def post pics and dimensions.

I made the thread, lmk if there are any suggested edits for the original post. Best of luck with surgery.

https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=115634.0

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 938
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #32207 on: February 19, 2021, 06:33:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

I've done this a number of times, think the last box was like $50 in shipping, packed with stuff.

Mcidraque

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 208
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #32208 on: February 19, 2021, 11:17:31 PM »

thorodunn

• Rep: 1
« Reply #32209 on: February 20, 2021, 04:32:44 PM »
Found these cromers on sale at the mall today wanted eras so win win

https://ibb.co/T0DvG4H

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 281
« Reply #32210 on: February 21, 2021, 06:58:34 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

gorgeous

Anyone know this colorway?   It doesn’t look like the typical version and only google results I get are the women’s version that has a different sole

Tomek

• Rep: 29
« Reply #32211 on: February 21, 2021, 07:33:23 AM »
Quasi/vans slip ons from a while back

Didn’t have the double pack but found the slip ons at Buffalo exchange for $18 brand new

image hosting

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1888
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #32212 on: February 21, 2021, 08:23:06 AM »

First pair of cupsoles, last 5 pairs were vulcs and it's definitely growing on me. Adjusted to the change in board feel within 2 sessions, grip and release on flicks took a while to get used to but I actually prefer it. Having more padding was definitely welcome and my feet were not screaming at the end of the session. The sole and outsole felt pretty durable too, it would be a few more session before I would need to break out the Shoe Goo. TTS, got them 1/2 a size bigger so my foot wasn't as secure as I would have liked.

Only gripe with the shoe was it only had 3 lace loops keeping the shoe together and they were exposed so they got wore down pretty quick. Had to save them with Shoe Goo, if they tore I would have had to retire them early.

Can see myself wearing a cupsole down the line, if anyone has a recommendation for a hybrid that does both (board feel + grip) I would love to try that.

4 sessions in - one and done on these shoes. They started out pretty snug but are getting looser the more broken in they are, today my foot felt like it was swimming round the shoe and I ended up tweaking both ankles during today's session. Not horrible ones, but the kind that set you back 1-2 days in recovery. Having only 3 lace loops didn't help getting the shoe more secure.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

MusclesMarinara

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 100
« Reply #32213 on: February 21, 2021, 08:39:36 AM »
Expand Quote

First pair of cupsoles, last 5 pairs were vulcs and it's definitely growing on me. Adjusted to the change in board feel within 2 sessions, grip and release on flicks took a while to get used to but I actually prefer it. Having more padding was definitely welcome and my feet were not screaming at the end of the session. The sole and outsole felt pretty durable too, it would be a few more session before I would need to break out the Shoe Goo. TTS, got them 1/2 a size bigger so my foot wasn't as secure as I would have liked.

Only gripe with the shoe was it only had 3 lace loops keeping the shoe together and they were exposed so they got wore down pretty quick. Had to save them with Shoe Goo, if they tore I would have had to retire them early.

Can see myself wearing a cupsole down the line, if anyone has a recommendation for a hybrid that does both (board feel + grip) I would love to try that.
[close]

4 sessions in - one and done on these shoes. They started out pretty snug but are getting looser the more broken in they are, today my foot felt like it was swimming round the shoe and I ended up tweaking both ankles during today's session. Not horrible ones, but the kind that set you back 1-2 days in recovery. Having only 3 lace loops didn't help getting the shoe more secure.

I know they made the Kalis Lite for "chillers" but seeing the S from time to time online always made me think this was the designated Kalis chiller. As you said the lace loops make it damn near impossible to get a tight fit in them. Sucks about the ankles, I'm nursing one right now as well, hope for a speedy recovery for you.
Alex Olson never had the makings of a varsity athlete.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1888
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #32214 on: February 21, 2021, 08:51:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I know they made the Kalis Lite for "chillers" but seeing the S from time to time online always made me think this was the designated Kalis chiller. As you said the lace loops make it damn near impossible to get a tight fit in them. Sucks about the ankles, I'm nursing one right now as well, hope for a speedy recovery for you.

Agreed, they are excellent chillers especially for a wider foot, paired with an orthopedic insole are excellent walking shoes. The lace loop design definitely sucks, if you blow any of them out you can forget about a secure fit. The tweak looked worse than it was, an ankle brace and ankle strength / conditioning reduced a major tweak to a minor one.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #32215 on: February 21, 2021, 10:06:14 AM »
Expand Quote

Anyone know this colorway?   It doesn’t look like the typical version and only google results I get are the women’s version that has a different sole
Air Jordan 1 Retro High OG “Royal” 2017

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 281
« Reply #32216 on: February 21, 2021, 05:21:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
Air Jordan 1 Retro High OG “Royal” 2017

Thanks!

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 477
« Reply #32217 on: February 22, 2021, 12:21:49 AM »

skated some nike sb all court ck1 over the last couple of months. now they're quite trashed and i finally came through the thick rubber toe cap. also, hole in the sole, and small holes on the sides. they held up so well and skated so good. i love these shoes. glad that i have another pair as a backup but also sad that you won't be able to buy these anymore, i'd guess.

Paperclip20

• Rep: 135
  • Please send symmetrical board information
« Reply #32218 on: February 22, 2021, 05:15:38 AM »
Expand Quote

skated some nike sb all court ck1 over the last couple of months. now they're quite trashed and i finally came through the thick rubber toe cap. also, hole in the sole, and small holes on the sides. they held up so well and skated so good. i love these shoes. glad that i have another pair as a backup but also sad that you won't be able to buy these anymore, i'd guess.
[close]

Definitely got your moneys worth with those toe caps!

The old toe cap seemed to come and then go pretty quickly, unless they have more shoes in the works, but that extra bit of rubber goes a long way, from what I have seen.

It's sick to see people skate shoes with toecaps this hard. I've never been able to get used to having one on any shoes i've tried

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1274
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #32219 on: February 22, 2021, 07:31:43 AM »
Untitled by , on Flickr
Sci Fi Sk8 Hi chillers. All my chillers got me doing foot fashion shows for myself. Glad I swooped these up when they released.