Author Topic: Post the shoes you're wearing.  (Read 3999283 times)

CrimsonGhost

• Rep: 22
Re: Post the shoes you're wearing.
« Reply #32400 on: February 21, 2021, 08:39:36 AM »
Expand Quote

First pair of cupsoles, last 5 pairs were vulcs and it's definitely growing on me. Adjusted to the change in board feel within 2 sessions, grip and release on flicks took a while to get used to but I actually prefer it. Having more padding was definitely welcome and my feet were not screaming at the end of the session. The sole and outsole felt pretty durable too, it would be a few more session before I would need to break out the Shoe Goo. TTS, got them 1/2 a size bigger so my foot wasn't as secure as I would have liked.

Only gripe with the shoe was it only had 3 lace loops keeping the shoe together and they were exposed so they got wore down pretty quick. Had to save them with Shoe Goo, if they tore I would have had to retire them early.

Can see myself wearing a cupsole down the line, if anyone has a recommendation for a hybrid that does both (board feel + grip) I would love to try that.
[close]

4 sessions in - one and done on these shoes. They started out pretty snug but are getting looser the more broken in they are, today my foot felt like it was swimming round the shoe and I ended up tweaking both ankles during today's session. Not horrible ones, but the kind that set you back 1-2 days in recovery. Having only 3 lace loops didn't help getting the shoe more secure.

I know they made the Kalis Lite for "chillers" but seeing the S from time to time online always made me think this was the designated Kalis chiller. As you said the lace loops make it damn near impossible to get a tight fit in them. Sucks about the ankles, I'm nursing one right now as well, hope for a speedy recovery for you.

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 488
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #32401 on: February 21, 2021, 08:51:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

First pair of cupsoles, last 5 pairs were vulcs and it's definitely growing on me. Adjusted to the change in board feel within 2 sessions, grip and release on flicks took a while to get used to but I actually prefer it. Having more padding was definitely welcome and my feet were not screaming at the end of the session. The sole and outsole felt pretty durable too, it would be a few more session before I would need to break out the Shoe Goo. TTS, got them 1/2 a size bigger so my foot wasn't as secure as I would have liked.

Only gripe with the shoe was it only had 3 lace loops keeping the shoe together and they were exposed so they got wore down pretty quick. Had to save them with Shoe Goo, if they tore I would have had to retire them early.

Can see myself wearing a cupsole down the line, if anyone has a recommendation for a hybrid that does both (board feel + grip) I would love to try that.
[close]

4 sessions in - one and done on these shoes. They started out pretty snug but are getting looser the more broken in they are, today my foot felt like it was swimming round the shoe and I ended up tweaking both ankles during today's session. Not horrible ones, but the kind that set you back 1-2 days in recovery. Having only 3 lace loops didn't help getting the shoe more secure.
[close]

I know they made the Kalis Lite for "chillers" but seeing the S from time to time online always made me think this was the designated Kalis chiller. As you said the lace loops make it damn near impossible to get a tight fit in them. Sucks about the ankles, I'm nursing one right now as well, hope for a speedy recovery for you.

Agreed, they are excellent chillers especially for a wider foot, paired with an orthopedic insole are excellent walking shoes. The lace loop design definitely sucks, if you blow any of them out you can forget about a secure fit. The tweak looked worse than it was, an ankle brace and ankle strength / conditioning reduced a major tweak to a minor one.
Did any of you guys ever notice that if you took off the end "er" from his name, moved the "b" to after the "i" and then added an "l" to the "b" that you just moved, you'd spell "Bible"?

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 246
« Reply #32402 on: February 21, 2021, 10:06:14 AM »
Expand Quote

Anyone know this colorway?   It doesn’t look like the typical version and only google results I get are the women’s version that has a different sole
Air Jordan 1 Retro High OG “Royal” 2017

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 447
« Reply #32403 on: February 21, 2021, 05:21:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Anyone know this colorway?   It doesnít look like the typical version and only google results I get are the womenís version that has a different sole
[close]
Air Jordan 1 Retro High OG ďRoyalĒ 2017

Thanks!

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 165
« Reply #32404 on: February 22, 2021, 12:21:49 AM »

skated some nike sb all court ck1 over the last couple of months. now they're quite trashed and i finally came through the thick rubber toe cap. also, hole in the sole, and small holes on the sides. they held up so well and skated so good. i love these shoes. glad that i have another pair as a backup but also sad that you won't be able to buy these anymore, i'd guess.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 84
  • Aussie skate shop guy
« Reply #32405 on: February 22, 2021, 03:40:36 AM »

skated some nike sb all court ck1 over the last couple of months. now they're quite trashed and i finally came through the thick rubber toe cap. also, hole in the sole, and small holes on the sides. they held up so well and skated so good. i love these shoes. glad that i have another pair as a backup but also sad that you won't be able to buy these anymore, i'd guess.

Definitely got your moneys worth with those toe caps!

The old toe cap seemed to come and then go pretty quickly, unless they have more shoes in the works, but that extra bit of rubber goes a long way, from what I have seen.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

Paperclip20

• Rep: 29
  • Please send symmetrical board information
« Reply #32406 on: February 22, 2021, 05:15:38 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Definitely got your moneys worth with those toe caps!

The old toe cap seemed to come and then go pretty quickly, unless they have more shoes in the works, but that extra bit of rubber goes a long way, from what I have seen.

It's sick to see people skate shoes with toecaps this hard. I've never been able to get used to having one on any shoes i've tried

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 610
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #32407 on: February 22, 2021, 07:31:43 AM »
Untitled by , on Flickr
Sci Fi Sk8 Hi chillers. All my chillers got me doing foot fashion shows for myself. Glad I swooped these up when they released.

I wish I didn't have to look at your sig in every thread tbh. That shit is annoying and usually so are your posts.

Count Jackula

• Rep: 40
« Reply #32408 on: February 22, 2021, 07:50:12 AM »

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 156
  • old and in the way
« Reply #32409 on: February 22, 2021, 08:51:52 AM »

Count Jackula

« Reply #32410 on: February 22, 2021, 09:16:33 AM »

@Count Jackula nice 1010s. Would you post some pics of your paintings in the art thread?

Sure when I have some spare time! The only one thatís mine is kinda hidden behind my leg. The pink one is @ian_de_beer the blue one is my friend @catmockus and the other one to the left is my girlfriends old painting. Thanks for the interest!

Thom

• Rep: 119
« Reply #32411 on: February 22, 2021, 10:19:20 AM »
Love that sexy stance

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1176
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
« Reply #32412 on: February 22, 2021, 11:48:19 AM »
These came in today.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

yourbreakfsat

• Rep: 90
« Reply #32413 on: February 22, 2021, 12:10:47 PM »
These came in today.

Reebok trying to officially enter the skate scene now?

Count Jackula

« Reply #32414 on: February 22, 2021, 12:48:15 PM »
Love that sexy stance
Haha, itís how my dad stands all the time, I think it might be good for your knees? But my mirror is just low as hell at the moment.

Jud Nestorkins

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -55
  • Only YOU can prevent corporate espionage.
« Reply #32415 on: February 22, 2021, 01:46:44 PM »
Might as well add to the splendor of this page  with some more wheat kicks. Came in a few minutes ago.

Fhk hu

• Rep: 39
« Reply #32416 on: February 22, 2021, 03:01:57 PM »
These came in today.

Fuuuuck..those are hot

sometimeperhaps

• Rep: 38
« Reply #32417 on: February 22, 2021, 05:38:01 PM »

Mine also came in the mail. Ended up with both because Iím lucky/unlucky depending on how you look at it.

If anyone wants the brown pair size 11 hit me up. Iím in Canada though. 

Urtripping

• Rep: 60
« Reply #32418 on: February 22, 2021, 05:41:19 PM »
These came in today.

Making me wanna throw the black laces in my wheat 1010's
Cuban_Lynx broke the record for both most blocked shots and most technical fouls in a single season for Wisconsin Boy's Varsity Basketball in 2002.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 447
« Reply #32419 on: February 22, 2021, 08:23:25 PM »
Two things made me want to skate Reebokís.  Number 2 is those brown ones, number 1 is this beaut of a trick from this beaut of a man

http://www.instagram.com/p/CLhKrgCFvPx/?igshid=12yjb12qbmaf7

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1176
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
« Reply #32420 on: February 22, 2021, 09:12:45 PM »
Expand Quote
These came in today.
[close]

Please do. When I get a pair of them, black laces for sure.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

SUPREMENECKPROTECTOR

• Rep: 49
« Reply #32421 on: February 22, 2021, 11:58:11 PM »
Can one of you guys who got the dime kicks post a photo with them on foot? Thanks!

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 309
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #32422 on: February 23, 2021, 12:39:38 AM »
Expand Quote
These came in today.

[close]
Fuuuuck..those are hot

Got those too! Actually surprised with much I like them. I wasn't too sold on the BB4000 model, though it looked like a less cool version of the Club C but in hand they are killer, like a puffed out basketball brother! I like the fit and shape of them too, bet they would are killer to skate but now I don't wanna ruin them...
I got the matching Dime Ecce Homo T-shirt to go along with them aswell ahah (Post in "Post your fit" thread incoming 8) )

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Jud Nestorkins

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -55
  • Only YOU can prevent corporate espionage.
« Reply #32423 on: February 23, 2021, 03:12:43 AM »
Expand Quote
These came in today.

[close]

Do it! Itís waaay better.

Count Jackula

« Reply #32424 on: February 23, 2021, 03:52:31 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

@Count Jackula nice 1010s. Would you post some pics of your paintings in the art thread?

Done

handsclapanin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 221
« Reply #32425 on: February 23, 2021, 08:31:29 AM »
Expand Quote
Love that sexy stance
[close]
Haha, itís how my dad stands all the time, I think it might be good for your knees? But my mirror is just low as hell at the moment.
Power stance! Like when you're bombing a hill.

HumBoogie

• Rep: 17
  • Skatboard
« Reply #32426 on: February 23, 2021, 11:02:27 AM »

Jordan 1

Fhk hu

• Rep: 39
« Reply #32427 on: February 23, 2021, 12:25:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Love that sexy stance
[close]
[close]
Power stance! Like when you're bombing a hill.
Could be that or maybe an attack position or possibly a slow dance..either way look out!

sometimeperhaps

• Rep: 38
« Reply #32428 on: February 23, 2021, 05:21:35 PM »
Can one of you guys who got the dime kicks post a photo with them on foot? Thanks!
@SUPREMENECKPROTECTOR

maxi-pad

• Rep: 18
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #32429 on: February 23, 2021, 06:42:08 PM »