Author Topic: Post the shoes you're wearing.  (Read 4531419 times)

Fhk

Re: Post the shoes you're wearing.
« Reply #32460 on: April 27, 2021, 02:10:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

"Hey Dad..Can you get me these so we can have the same shoes when we skate?"
Yessah
[close]

So rad! Black superstars with white stripes are also the best. Got a new pair coming in today!
[close]
Hell yeah I'm a big fan of them too.. We will see those over in Post your fit I'm sure!
[close]
Are those just regular Superstars or are they the ADVs? I hadn't seen anything about a new black/white colorway since last year sometime.

Black with white stripe shelltoe gang 4eva (but I haven't had a pair in decades)
Mine are the Adv (non Vulc) My other pairs are just the regular ones with the puffy tongue which are way better IMO
You really should get another pair soon or you will likely have to go through initiation again. Please don't shoot the messenger.

Jory4

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 106
« Reply #32461 on: April 28, 2021, 01:15:56 AM »
Expand Quote
Cross post but figure people will be interested!

They’re lovely! Plenty of comfy cushioning fir old men.

Cant skate them for a while as swollen ankle!

Slip cup is a bit roomier than a regular g6 wino slip.
[close]

How's the cushioning/boardfeel compared to their other cups? Last ones I had were the Reynolsd G6 and while they were plenty supportive, they were a little too thick for my taste. Those slips look very nice.

While I'm here, had these Rowans on ice for awhile and just started skating them. Verrrry grippy at first but I'm 2 sessions in and they're feeling really good. I came from the Crockett Highs to these, and while the Crocketts felt nice these definitely feel more familiar as a Vans guy.

I’m pretty new to cupsoles - my old feet can’t cope with vulcs now it seems so not got much to compare to. Also haven’t stood on a board with them yet as my ankle is swollen!!

They feel like the spankys ( which I have as chillers ) maybe a bit firmer and thicker than the vans wafflecup in the Crockett high and the AVES.

Don’t think they’re too thick on first impressions though.

Keep you posted!

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 974
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #32462 on: April 29, 2021, 11:11:40 AM »

This shoe is good. I skated them yesterday. Thank the dark lord 2/3 pairs of shoes I just got are good
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Fly_Hoenn

• Rep: 4
« Reply #32463 on: April 30, 2021, 08:06:21 AM »
been buying cons for the last 5 years straight and decided i wanted to try something new. was ready to pull the trigger on some Last Resorts but the new drop is taking too long to land in Europe. found these Adidas Busenitz for cheap and thank god I bought em, these are sooo sick. Been a while since I have  been this hyped on a pair of shoes.

cool spot

• Rep: 28
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #32464 on: April 30, 2021, 09:15:40 AM »
Anyone pick up the new grosso skate mids yet? Eager to get my hands on that shoe but curious to see if the sizing has changed.

chillclinton87

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 106
« Reply #32465 on: May 01, 2021, 01:07:04 AM »
been buying cons for the last 5 years straight and decided i wanted to try something new. was ready to pull the trigger on some Last Resorts but the new drop is taking too long to land in Europe. found these Adidas Busenitz for cheap and thank god I bought em, these are sooo sick. Been a while since I have  been this hyped on a pair of shoes.

Daaaamn, those are clean!!!   :o

689r

• Rep: 3
« Reply #32466 on: May 01, 2021, 02:50:08 AM »
Trying out a pair of NB# Foy 306s since I keep sweating through my Nikes:

lemonchicken91

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 242
« Reply #32467 on: May 01, 2021, 09:07:08 AM »
that small gap between toe vamp and upper makers those New Balances. Crazy what a small design difference makes
no, i live in an efficiency by myself and work in middle management like you, loser

Lunker

• Rep: 4
« Reply #32468 on: May 01, 2021, 01:19:49 PM »
Anyone pick up the new grosso skate mids yet? Eager to get my hands on that shoe but curious to see if the sizing has changed.

TTS (for your Vans size) but the "Ultracush 3D" insole is a tad firmer off the bat so it may be a bit more snug during the break-in period.

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 814
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #32469 on: May 01, 2021, 05:29:39 PM »
Had a pair of these long long ago, sold them before I skated them. Came across these for a pretty good deal.

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 301
« Reply #32470 on: May 02, 2021, 10:03:04 AM »
If I’m a 9 in the adidas Tyshawn would I be a 9 in the Puigs?

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 36
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #32471 on: May 02, 2021, 10:21:24 AM »
If I’m a 9 in the adidas Tyshawn would I be a 9 in the Puigs?
Never had Tyshawns but I have Puigs on my regular size. I wear 8 on everything with the only classic NB# exception.
Hope this helps.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Jehoshaphat Augustus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 297
« Reply #32472 on: May 04, 2021, 11:08:11 AM »
I planned to go skating after my rx appointment so I was wearing the vans Authenic Pros i skate in to the doctors and he said "those are really cool but if you care about your back & legs you should get some more supportive shoes when you skate, I guarantee you won't feel as sore"

These are the 1st addidas I've ever worn for skating and they were ready to go right out da box, which I thought only vulcanized shoes could do.

They go great with all my unnecessarily high/tight Bermuda shorts too, hairy man season coming soon baybee

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 36
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #32473 on: May 04, 2021, 11:11:49 AM »
I planned to go skating after my rx appointment so I was wearing the vans Authenic Pros i skate in to the doctors and he said "those are really cool but if you care about your back & legs you should get some more supportive shoes when you skate, I guarantee you won't feel as sore"

These are the 1st addidas I've ever worn for skating and they were ready to go right out da box, which I thought only vulcanized shoes could do.

They go great with all my unnecessarily high/tight Bermuda shorts too, hairy man season coming soon baybee
Coolest doctor ever.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Manny Fapuiao

• Rep: 110
« Reply #32474 on: May 05, 2021, 06:57:29 PM »

damn, big ass photo, my apologies
put some fully laced sb laces on my rowans to give them more life
(plz don't gnar or kook me)
edit*** these motherfucking ace 55's have been pretty great (third sesh with them) also no pivot cup issues whatsoever
« Last Edit: May 05, 2021, 07:15:53 PM by Manny Fapuiao »
I've had a better understanding of what is happening around me while smoking Salvia as a passenger in a moving vehicle than reading your post

lemonchicken91

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 242
« Reply #32475 on: May 06, 2021, 07:11:02 AM »
those laces make those shoes pop more

Are the Aces heavier than Indys?
no, i live in an efficiency by myself and work in middle management like you, loser

Wizard0f0dds

• Rep: 72
« Reply #32476 on: May 06, 2021, 07:33:21 AM »
those laces make those shoes pop more

Are the Aces heavier than Indys?

They are pretty much the same weight. Indy 149 (Standards) are 400g and Ace AF1 55 are 396g. Any kind of weight relieved indy would be lighter though.

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 331
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #32477 on: May 06, 2021, 07:36:52 AM »
I've got those same colour Rowans. Might have to steal your idea and throw some black laces in my own

cricketclub

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 511
« Reply #32478 on: May 06, 2021, 03:45:27 PM »
*Incoming moe sub post complaining about non skate shoes alert

Pulled the trigger on these 998’s made from scrap suede - didn’t know what I was getting till I got it but they are one of a kind. I fuck with em
Handsome debonair fella, Got the Mellow Yellow bezel, Black rims on the Phantom same color Dr. Pepper.

lydius

• Rep: 42
« Reply #32479 on: May 06, 2021, 04:27:34 PM »
Emerica Dissents, on my 2nd pair of these with one more pair on deck. good shoe but the sole is going faster than the suede. think I might try the Dose next and see how hard that Formula G compound or whatever is. Alcove CC is supposed to be on the same sole. Spanky G6 would definitely be cushy for my feet.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 706
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #32480 on: May 06, 2021, 04:30:10 PM »

Pulled the trigger on these 998’s made from scrap suede - didn’t know what I was getting till I got it but they are one of a kind. I fuck with em

That’s super sick! It’s a rad colorway too! The 99* NBs are always killer shoes...

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #32481 on: May 07, 2021, 07:12:32 AM »

quality is second to none on the MIUSA stuff, and the 998's are amazing. I wasn't so lucky with my Made Responsibly pair..

Fhk

« Reply #32482 on: May 07, 2021, 10:28:05 AM »

These are probably my favorite material object I have owned as an adult..30 something years ago, I needed new basketball ball shoes and I begged my father to get me some Jordan's, we couldn't afford them but he said he would try to get the money together only if I didn't tell my mom how much they were. By the time he had the money M&M sporting goods no longer had the Jordan's in my size but they did have the Air trainer 1's. Since they weren't a basketball sneaker he didn't want to do it. But apparently I did a good job convincing him that they could be used for everything. I played 1 season of basketball and skated my Variflex every motherfucking day in those shoes. I found these for $39 the other day and I am gonna crack a beer and remember some more amazing selfless acts that my father did for me. I miss that man every damn day.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 706
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #32483 on: May 07, 2021, 10:59:12 AM »

These are probably my favorite material object I have owned as an adult..30 something years ago, I needed new basketball ball shoes and I begged my father to get me some Jordan's, we couldn't afford them but he said he would try to get the money together only if I didn't tell my mom how much they were. By the time he had the money M&M sporting goods no longer had the Jordan's in my size but they did have the Air trainer 1's. Since they weren't a basketball sneaker he didn't want to do it. But apparently I did a good job convincing him that they could be used for everything. I played 1 season of basketball and skated my Variflex every motherfucking day in those shoes. I found these for $39 the other day and I am gonna crack a beer and remember some more amazing selfless acts that my father did for me. I miss that man every damn day.

Such a good story! Sorry about your dad, he sounded rad! That Polar colorway is so sick tho. I loved seeing Boserio’s skating them.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Fhk

« Reply #32484 on: May 07, 2021, 11:29:20 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Such a good story! Sorry about your dad, he sounded rad! That Polar colorway is so sick tho. I loved seeing Boserio’s skating them.
Thank you so much homey! My dad was definitely rad..and so is Nick!

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 603
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #32485 on: May 07, 2021, 01:18:37 PM »

Man.. the way you wrote that.. that made me feel emotional. Stoked for you homie and blessed be your Dad.
IG: @flowterspace

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1370
« Reply #32486 on: May 07, 2021, 01:20:41 PM »

Great story, much love to your dad and his memory, and those shoes are sick.

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1054
« Reply #32487 on: May 07, 2021, 01:44:49 PM »

I skate a lot of reebok's

This is the club legacy. It skates just like the regular club. Because of the rubber under the toe, I'd rate it a little higher. It could do without the bit of stitching by the baby toe, but other than that. A solid alternative if you just want a visually different shoe. I like the translucent soles on these.

Fhk

« Reply #32488 on: May 07, 2021, 02:24:12 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Great story, much love to your dad and his memory, and those shoes are sick.
Thanks for the love man..very much appreciated! It's a hard road and it is kind of a weird thread for me to share the story in but I hoped you all might enjoy it because we all love shoes.. :) I just skated them for an hour and ironically they skate real good.

Expand Quote

[close]

Man.. the way you wrote that.. that made me feel emotional. Stoked for you homie and blessed be your Dad.

Edit: sorry fs1/2cab I didn't see your post..thanks for the smile!
« Last Edit: May 09, 2021, 11:21:12 AM by Fhk hu »

MusclesMarinara

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 101
« Reply #32489 on: May 08, 2021, 10:12:47 AM »
DC Lukoda's on this cold and grey day in Jersey, I picked up from a pal last week. Their username escapes me at the moment but if you see this post thanks again for these!

Alex Olson never had the makings of a varsity athlete.