Author Topic: Post the shoes you're wearing.  (Read 4525592 times)

jsettle and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Murge

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
Re: Post the shoes you're wearing.
« Reply #32490 on: May 08, 2021, 07:41:32 PM »
Emerica Dissents, on my 2nd pair of these with one more pair on deck. good shoe but the sole is going faster than the suede. think I might try the Dose next and see how hard that Formula G compound or whatever is. Alcove CC is supposed to be on the same sole. Spanky G6 would definitely be cushy for my feet.

I got the spanky g6 now and it’s comfy as hell I bet if you look you can probably find some colorways on sell. Also I just ordered the wino cup sole has the same sole as the Spanky g6.

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 787
« Reply #32491 on: May 09, 2021, 07:53:29 PM »

some cons slips i got on clearance a while back.  I did the old half-size-down, and they were tight as fuck.  unwearable.  i cut the straps and they ended up breaking in ok.  they're still pretty snug even without the straps.  gonna skate them til theyre dead then cut the tongues off and use them to cut the grass
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

goingapelikenigo

• Rep: 89
  • please don't be a hero
« Reply #32492 on: May 10, 2021, 01:50:26 AM »

first new balance numeric shoes !

lemonchicken91

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 242
« Reply #32493 on: May 10, 2021, 07:19:20 AM »
those look mean.
Such a nice suede look
also props for the Corduroys. Love some cords used to wear brown volcom ones 24/7
Still have a regrettable turquoise pair from 2009 in my closet lol
no, i live in an efficiency by myself and work in middle management like you, loser

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #32494 on: May 10, 2021, 07:24:50 AM »

some cons slips i got on clearance a while back.  I did the old half-size-down, and they were tight as fuck.  unwearable.  i cut the straps and they ended up breaking in ok.  they're still pretty snug even without the straps.  gonna skate them til theyre dead then cut the tongues off and use them to cut the grass

Had same experience.  Went with my actual size and they’re one of the best fitting shoes I’ve had

Cord Winer

• Rep: -1
« Reply #32495 on: May 10, 2021, 08:18:37 AM »

I got these axion's a couple days ago and they're really good. I'm impressed with how well they fit and how comfortable they are. The lining in the shoe is a very soft almost velvet material. They skate good so far. They also come with a decent insole as well. I would definitely recommend them.

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1137
  • old and in the way
« Reply #32496 on: May 10, 2021, 11:49:37 PM »

These are probably my favorite material object I have owned as an adult..30 something years ago, I needed new basketball ball shoes and I begged my father to get me some Jordan's, we couldn't afford them but he said he would try to get the money together only if I didn't tell my mom how much they were. By the time he had the money M&M sporting goods no longer had the Jordan's in my size but they did have the Air trainer 1's. Since they weren't a basketball sneaker he didn't want to do it. But apparently I did a good job convincing him that they could be used for everything. I played 1 season of basketball and skated my Variflex every motherfucking day in those shoes. I found these for $39 the other day and I am gonna crack a beer and remember some more amazing selfless acts that my father did for me. I miss that man every damn day.

That's a really beautiful memory about your father @Fhk hu   Thanks for sharing it with us.
The SB Polar Air Trainer 1s look so cool too. That's awesome that you have a new pair in 2021 to skate.

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 169
« Reply #32497 on: May 11, 2021, 01:01:07 AM »
*Incoming moe sub post complaining about non skate shoes alert

Pulled the trigger on these 998’s made from scrap suede - didn’t know what I was getting till I got it but they are one of a kind. I fuck with em
Those are amazing, what is the sizing on 998s?

Fhk

« Reply #32498 on: May 11, 2021, 02:30:51 AM »
Expand Quote

These are probably my favorite material object I have owned as an adult..30 something years ago, I needed new basketball ball shoes and I begged my father to get me some Jordan's, we couldn't afford them but he said he would try to get the money together only if I didn't tell my mom how much they were. By the time he had the money M&M sporting goods no longer had the Jordan's in my size but they did have the Air trainer 1's. Since they weren't a basketball sneaker he didn't want to do it. But apparently I did a good job convincing him that they could be used for everything. I played 1 season of basketball and skated my Variflex every motherfucking day in those shoes. I found these for $39 the other day and I am gonna crack a beer and remember some more amazing selfless acts that my father did for me. I miss that man every damn day.
[close]

That's a really beautiful memory about your father @Fhk hu   Thanks for sharing it with us.
The SB Polar Air Trainer 1s look so cool too. That's awesome that you have a new pair in 2021 to skate.
Thank you funeral _tuxedo! I love skating in them for all those reasons.

TheCrimsonShroud

• Rep: 98
« Reply #32499 on: May 11, 2021, 11:48:21 AM »

online photo hosting

On the fence because they are the stiffest uppers I’ve had in a hot minute. Bok ain’t as generous with returns as Nike is so I can’t take the tags off and wear em out a few times.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #32500 on: May 11, 2021, 11:51:21 AM »

online photo hosting

On the fence because they are the stiffest uppers I’ve had in a hot minute. Bok ain’t as generous with returns as Nike is so I can’t take the tags off and wear em out a few times.

Not to throw shade at you but those are so much worse looking than regular Club C’s.  :'(

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

TheCrimsonShroud

« Reply #32501 on: May 11, 2021, 11:54:44 AM »

Pulled the trigger on these 998’s made from scrap suede - didn’t know what I was getting till I got it but they are one of a kind. I fuck with em

Bruh. Those look like Blippi shoes.

TheCrimsonShroud

« Reply #32502 on: May 11, 2021, 12:01:58 PM »
Not to throw shade at you but those are so much worse looking than regular Club C’s.  :'(

Real shit I’m kinda with you on that. It felt like a gamble picking a colorway online, and some miiiight work, but I’m kinda not feeling these tbh.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #32503 on: May 11, 2021, 12:20:19 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Real shit I’m kinda with you on that. It felt like a gamble picking a colorway online, and some miiiight work, but I’m kinda not feeling these tbh.

It’s not even the colorway. Just the silhouette itself. Not sure what’s the point of this version, it’s more of a downgrade then a upgrade IMO. the Club C looked great as it is. But maybe they skate great...

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

TheCrimsonShroud

« Reply #32504 on: May 11, 2021, 12:24:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

It’s not even the colorway. Just the silhouette itself. Not sure what’s the point of this version, it’s more of a downgrade then a upgrade IMO. the Club C looked great as it is. But maybe they skate great...
I got em to skate, actually. There’s suede on high traffic areas. But $55 is F4s and bearings and I have four pairs of skate shoes on hand anyway.

Hyliannightmare

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -204
« Reply #32505 on: May 11, 2021, 01:18:25 PM »

I got these axion's a couple days ago and they're really good. I'm impressed with how well they fit and how comfortable they are. The lining in the shoe is a very soft almost velvet material. They skate good so far. They also come with a decent insole as well. I would definitely recommend them.

How have they held up they look like they'd wear up super fast

lydius

• Rep: 40
« Reply #32506 on: May 11, 2021, 05:20:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Emerica Dissents, on my 2nd pair of these with one more pair on deck. good shoe but the sole is going faster than the suede. think I might try the Dose next and see how hard that Formula G compound or whatever is. Alcove CC is supposed to be on the same sole. Spanky G6 would definitely be cushy for my feet.

[close]

I got the spanky g6 now and it’s comfy as hell I bet if you look you can probably find some colorways on sell. Also I just ordered the wino cup sole has the same sole as the Spanky g6.
I wish there was another G6 cupsole. i bet the G6 insoles are alright, but the midsole is where it's at. I might buy some Spankys on sale and spray-paint them, never done that but have always wanted to.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 34
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #32507 on: May 11, 2021, 05:30:54 PM »

Strated to skate these babies
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Sonny Paluso

« Reply #32508 on: May 12, 2021, 10:01:13 PM »
DC Smith with toe cap removed (blade and hair dryer). I don't need rubber toe cap (suck at skating). Bought like 5 pairs for cheap couple years ago.

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
    • Instagram avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #32509 on: May 13, 2021, 06:33:58 AM »
I wish there was another G6 cupsole.
The wino g6 slip cups just came out.

TheCrimsonShroud

« Reply #32510 on: May 13, 2021, 09:52:56 AM »

SB Zoom a Blazer Mid. I have a rule about buying Nike, so this is my pair this year. God I love em.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2021, 10:55:27 AM by TheCrimsonShroud »

os89

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1177
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #32511 on: May 13, 2021, 10:48:55 AM »

Just starting to skate these old 2012 Jordans. So far they feel good.

TheCrimsonShroud

« Reply #32512 on: May 13, 2021, 10:56:35 AM »

I almost tried to get the Jordan drop yesterday. I really want some mids. I can’t get sucked into that shit though.

SlapTM

• Rep: 242
« Reply #32513 on: May 13, 2021, 11:04:13 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
I wish there was another G6 cupsole. i bet the G6 insoles are alright, but the midsole is where it's at. I might buy some Spankys on sale and spray-paint them, never done that but have always wanted to.
As somebody else just mentioned, the Wino G6 Slip Cup just dropped and then we have the Gamma G6 colorway being released in Holiday.

os89

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1177
« Reply #32514 on: May 13, 2021, 11:13:18 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I almost tried to get the Jordan drop yesterday. I really want some mids. I can’t get sucked into that shit though.

Yea I probably will never fight for shoes, it's just ridiculous haha

TheCrimsonShroud

« Reply #32515 on: May 13, 2021, 01:38:13 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yea I probably will never fight for shoes, it's just ridiculous haha

Real shit. I wanted some dunks and motherfuckers want $4-500 for a SHOE. Nah bro.

Sonny Paluso

« Reply #32516 on: May 13, 2021, 03:06:06 PM »
Will go back to skating these in the Fall. Ebay purchase, dyed dark brown. Added additional lace hole for stability. Always loved Cats.

OG color

Vitriol

• Rep: 36
« Reply #32517 on: May 13, 2021, 08:19:06 PM »
Will go back to skating these in the Fall. Ebay purchase, dyed dark brown. Added additional lace hole for stability. Always loved Cats.

OG color

Am drooling.

Krooked antihero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 157
« Reply #32518 on: May 14, 2021, 02:11:13 AM »

OG color

Gnar’d. So sick.
europe's like the capitol of england and france and whatever

It sucks getting old.

cricketclub

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 511
« Reply #32519 on: May 14, 2021, 06:30:38 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Those are amazing, what is the sizing on 998s?

About a year and a half ago I returned a pair that I had bought in my true size. They were huge. I got these a half size smaller. They fit great! :)
Handsome debonair fella, Got the Mellow Yellow bezel, Black rims on the Phantom same color Dr. Pepper.