Author Topic: Post the shoes you're wearing.  (Read 4525440 times)

Crap

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 77
Re: Post the shoes you're wearing.
« Reply #32880 on: September 16, 2021, 10:09:13 AM »
I wish Canadian shops would get Fastbreaks once in a while. Ninetimes got the Beavis and Butthead colourway (all black), but that's the only ones I can remember ever seeing for sale here.

Big Baby Jesus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 268
    • Suciu avatar image
« Reply #32881 on: September 16, 2021, 02:55:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Someone here posted some fastbreaks a couple pages back. Managed to get a pair and love them, so cheers to you for the suggestion!

[close]
Best shoe out IMO
[close]
[close]

Really enjoying it and also enjoying the leather wear. Something about it just feels right. Glued basically every other seam though  ;D
[close]

I love the fastbreaks, wish they would make all suede ones in some normal colorways. those all black and black/grey ones weren't doing it for me.
[close]
same here. i just need a leather/suede combo in a good color way. my white and green nylon ones blew out fast.

I’m on white and green nylon now and I just put some superglue on the nylon and the stitching for the on the toe and been good to go.
flat spotted 3 times in 2 weeks, other than that awesome wheels

Baby is gonna be raised by Max and Cyrus

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 800
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #32882 on: September 16, 2021, 05:56:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Someone here posted some fastbreaks a couple pages back. Managed to get a pair and love them, so cheers to you for the suggestion!

[close]
Best shoe out IMO
[close]
[close]

Really enjoying it and also enjoying the leather wear. Something about it just feels right. Glued basically every other seam though  ;D
[close]

I love the fastbreaks, wish they would make all suede ones in some normal colorways. those all black and black/grey ones weren't doing it for me.
[close]
same here. i just need a leather/suede combo in a good color way. my white and green nylon ones blew out fast.
[close]

I’m on white and green nylon now and I just put some superglue on the nylon and the stitching for the on the toe and been good to go.
I do like the Nylon ones for spring/summer , but the suede ones are a must for fall/ winter.
Idk why converse seems to drag their proverbial heels on fastbreak colors. Seems like they only do 4 or so a year… if that. I’d kill for a wheat pair or a white/cream suede pair. They seem to have a decent following of people wanting more… Cons Quit fucking around!

Velcro Wallet

• Rep: 211
« Reply #32883 on: September 17, 2021, 12:02:36 AM »

Nike sock darts. Not everyone’s cup of Joe but I love them.

One of the most comfortable shoes ever. Literally like wearing socks with a super soft sole. HTM put out some of the best sneakers imo.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #32884 on: September 17, 2021, 12:54:37 AM »

One of the most comfortable shoes ever. Literally like wearing socks with a super soft sole. HTM put out some of the best sneakers imo.

So ahead of it's time, design wise! That and the Presto are some of my favourites ever!

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Velcro Wallet

« Reply #32885 on: September 17, 2021, 02:20:20 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

So ahead of it's time, design wise! That and the Presto are some of my favourites ever!

Spot on!! 2004 and it took 10 years for high fashion giants to catch on and straight up bite it (and ruin the look. Balenciaga’s anyone)

Presto’s are so good. Such a timeless design.

Fhk

« Reply #32886 on: September 17, 2021, 06:10:09 AM »

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
    • Instagram avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #32887 on: September 17, 2021, 09:47:29 AM »
Reynolds Half Cab '92

I love that the half cab label on the tongue is reversed. Also the tongue is neoprene like his Emerica pro models.

Omars_Dad

• Rep: 61
« Reply #32888 on: September 17, 2021, 12:01:55 PM »

got that weird 80's pants roll to keep mosquitoes from flying up my pants leg. These are the bruin react...they're ok. the insole reminds me a lot of the old adidas suciu insole, but way less shitty and sticky.

goingapelikenigo

• Rep: 89
  • please don't be a hero
« Reply #32889 on: September 17, 2021, 02:54:37 PM »

got these today
love how dunks skate !

Fhk

« Reply #32890 on: September 17, 2021, 04:52:46 PM »

got these today
love how dunks skate !
Fuuuuuck...Those are dope.

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 800
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #32891 on: September 17, 2021, 05:32:46 PM »

Hyped I finally got my hands on a pair of these.

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #32892 on: September 17, 2021, 06:16:40 PM »

got these today
love how dunks skate !

Pants and shoes color combo looks great together. Congrats on snagging a pair.

jamersonbass

• Rep: 70
« Reply #32893 on: September 17, 2021, 07:15:45 PM »

got that weird 80's pants roll to keep mosquitoes from flying up my pants leg. These are the bruin react...they're ok. the insole reminds me a lot of the old adidas suciu insole, but way less shitty and sticky.

I've been eyeing these for a minute based off word of mouth and some online reviews.  The Suciu comment almost makes it a must have.  Haven't bought a pair of Nike's since the loosely Piston's-esque colorway.

Anyone else skate these?

Fhk

« Reply #32894 on: September 17, 2021, 07:50:45 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I've been eyeing these for a minute based off word of mouth and some online reviews.  The Suciu comment almost makes it a must have.  Haven't bought a pair of Nike's since the loosely Piston's-esque colorway.

Anyone else skate these?
I skated mine 3 times and they are ok but not my favorite Nike. I'm heavy, old and skate low impact and my soles hurt after skating them, I don't get that with dunks or blazers.

coexist3

• Rep: 61
« Reply #32895 on: September 18, 2021, 05:43:02 AM »

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #32896 on: September 18, 2021, 06:38:31 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Anyone else skate these?
[close]
I skated mine 3 times and they are ok but not my favorite Nike. I'm heavy, old and skate low impact and my soles hurt after skating them, I don't get that with dunks or blazers.

Had the opposite experience, been skating mine for 2 months and they're holding up great. They make my feet and back feel nice and I'm definitely going to be skating them again. I'm also old and heavy.

I think it comes down to different feet. I know the retail is expensive but if you can find some on sale they're worth trying.

jamersonbass

• Rep: 70
« Reply #32897 on: September 18, 2021, 08:27:39 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Anyone else skate these?
[close]
[close]

Had the opposite experience, been skating mine for 2 months and they're holding up great. They make my feet and back feel nice and I'm definitely going to be skating them again. I'm also old and heavy.

I think it comes down to different feet. I know the retail is expensive but if you can find some on sale they're worth trying.

Thanks for the feedback, folks.

BugleBites

• Rep: -68
« Reply #32898 on: September 18, 2021, 09:43:04 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Anyone else skate these?
[close]
[close]

When I was looking at Nikes to begrudgingly give them a try a few years back, that shoe was the main one I figured would work. When I finally found them and tried them on they hurt my feet. They have that cut out in the sole where the arch is, and it's super obvious when you wear them. Digs into your foot. At least, it did for me. Mihgt be due to the sole being extremely hard with little flex.

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #32899 on: September 18, 2021, 01:13:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Anyone else skate these?
[close]
[close]

[close]

When I was looking at Nikes to begrudgingly give them a try a few years back, that shoe was the main one I figured would work. When I finally found them and tried them on they hurt my feet. They have that cut out in the sole where the arch is, and it's super obvious when you wear them. Digs into your foot. At least, it did for me. Mihgt be due to the sole being extremely hard with little flex.

Could see that for sure, was never crazy about the vulcanized bruins. The Bruin reacts are a little newer and use a thin cupsole with a thicker (react) insole. Very soft and flexible out the gate.

Not trying to convert you, but it's a different shoe.

BugleBites

« Reply #32900 on: September 18, 2021, 03:53:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Anyone else skate these?
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

Could see that for sure, was never crazy about the vulcanized bruins. The Bruin reacts are a little newer and use a thin cupsole with a thicker (react) insole. Very soft and flexible out the gate.

The react is the one I tried - it was actually more recent then when I tired on the rest of the SB's in 2018. I couldn't find the Bruin in a shop at that time. I tried it about a year ago. I don't really bother with vulcs. Look at the sole of the react Bruin - you will see the cut out with lack of tread in the arch area. They just felt really uncomfortable.

But I will qualify my opinion with this - NB#, Adidas and Nike never feel comfortable to me. My theory is that they all have substantial arch support because that's where they always feel uncomfortable. I'm flat footed. The best feeling shoes for me, without fail, are always Sole Tech. Something about them (maybe they're extra flat?), but I've never worn such comfortable shoes outside of runners. It's like Sole Tech shoes were made to fit my exact foot.

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #32901 on: September 18, 2021, 10:11:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Anyone else skate these?
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

The react is the one I tried - it was actually more recent then when I tired on the rest of the SB's in 2018. I couldn't find the Bruin in a shop at that time. I tried it about a year ago. I don't really bother with vulcs. Look at the sole of the react Bruin - you will see the cut out with lack of tread in the arch area. They just felt really uncomfortable.

But I will qualify my opinion with this - NB#, Adidas and Nike never feel comfortable to me. My theory is that they all have substantial arch support because that's where they always feel uncomfortable. I'm flat footed. The best feeling shoes for me, without fail, are always Sole Tech. Something about them (maybe they're extra flat?), but I've never worn such comfortable shoes outside of runners. It's like Sole Tech shoes were made to fit my exact foot.

Interesting. generally, if you have flat feet you'd want a shoe with good arch support and if you have a stronger arch you'd want something flat.

BugleBites

« Reply #32902 on: September 19, 2021, 12:23:27 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Anyone else skate these?
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Interesting. generally, if you have flat feet you'd want a shoe with good arch support and if you have a stronger arch you'd want something flat.

I've heard similar opinions in the past, but footwear with arch support gives me lasting foot pain, as do orthotics.

Velcro Wallet

« Reply #32903 on: September 19, 2021, 02:14:30 PM »
They might be played out in the public’s eye but it never been a better time to buy NMD’s. Fuxking love them

Edit - should I only be posting skate shoes here? Am I wasting space?? If so, my bad.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2021, 05:58:26 PM by Velcro Wallet »

sometimeperhaps

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 142
« Reply #32904 on: September 19, 2021, 07:18:32 PM »
Naw it’s all good. Any footwear is fair game in this thread. Life’s to short to only wear skate shoes.

Velcro Wallet

« Reply #32905 on: September 19, 2021, 07:46:55 PM »
Me and my friends bomb hills in skate shoes, take out the runners from out of the backpack, and walk back up in comfort. Then repeat. I find I can get more out of the session doing that. I know that sounds too much but I’m 43yo so every bit helps haha.

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 378
« Reply #32906 on: September 19, 2021, 10:05:32 PM »
i really hurt my left foot a month+ ago just pushing around (getting old sucks) so after breaking in some Remind insoles and my Emerica Wino cupsole slip-one since then, I got to do a real session today and they felt great. @EmericaTM please tell me they’re not going away. I kinda want to only skate them from now on (after swapping out insoles apparently).

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 525
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #32907 on: September 19, 2021, 11:04:04 PM »
Those the spanky ones? Can’t wait to try mine

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 378
« Reply #32908 on: September 20, 2021, 09:04:42 AM »
Yeah. They take a little bit to break in so I’d say fold and mash up the sole a little bit but I love them now

SlapTM

• Rep: 242
« Reply #32909 on: September 21, 2021, 11:00:17 PM »
i really hurt my left foot a month+ ago just pushing around (getting old sucks) so after breaking in some Remind insoles and my Emerica Wino cupsole slip-one since then, I got to do a real session today and they felt great. @EmericaTM please tell me they’re not going away. I kinda want to only skate them from now on (after swapping out insoles apparently).
Nah they’re not going anywhere. We got 2 new colorways dropping in spring and over the next year or two we’ve got 2 team rider colorways dropping in them as well. Got a lot of pour-in G6 shoes dropping soon.