Author Topic: Post the shoes you're wearing.  (Read 4525195 times)

Murray Hewitt and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Turtle Boy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 169
Re: Post the shoes you're wearing.
« Reply #33120 on: November 15, 2021, 07:22:57 AM »
Stan Smiths to chill and Samba ADV’s to skate. It’s crazy how most of the skate version ADV’s feel worse than the regular shoe model. The normal Sambas are so much better. Weird.

Oh, and I had to show some love to the HUF weed socks haha. Never bought them before and a 3 pack was in the sale bin at the shop. Good quality socks!!!

What's going on with those Samba ADV?
I've seen nothing about it, how are they different from the OG one?
Nobody seems to skate those appart from John Dilo before he left adidas.
Why developing a product if you don(t even try to market it?

3D X-Ray Vision

« Reply #33121 on: November 15, 2021, 08:39:46 AM »
Red and White 1/2 Cabs are hot fire

Jud Nestorkins

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -59
  • Only YOU can prevent corporate espionage.
« Reply #33122 on: November 15, 2021, 05:33:17 PM »
Red and White 1/2 Cabs are hot fire
Indeed they are. And quality wise they feel leagues ahead of the old “vans” pro line.

Nth syd bear

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 300
« Reply #33123 on: November 16, 2021, 01:40:55 AM »

NM212

Jud Nestorkins

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -59
  • Only YOU can prevent corporate espionage.
« Reply #33124 on: November 16, 2021, 05:41:35 AM »

NM212
I fucking hate the 212 but this is the first time they've looked half decent!

Lukabrazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 152
« Reply #33125 on: November 17, 2021, 11:08:37 PM »

Got these unbleached dunks and tried to dye them brown today. Fun little process , now that they are dry I wish I went a little longer in the dye but still think they came out pretty sick . Laces became a nice off white color. Used rit dye Camel color.

I taped off the sole and tried to tape off the swooshes but the tape came off and you can see it became a weird shade of light green which actually looks pretty sick imo . I will be super glueing these up and skating them

Here is a photo while still wet

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #33126 on: November 18, 2021, 02:30:43 AM »

Got these unbleached dunks and tried to dye them brown today. Fun little process , now that they are dry I wish I went a little longer in the dye but still think they came out pretty sick . Laces became a nice off white color. Used rit dye Camel color.

I taped off the sole and tried to tape off the swooshes but the tape came off and you can see it became a weird shade of light green which actually looks pretty sick imo . I will be super glueing these up and skating them

Here is a photo while still wet

These are so good. What dye did you use? I would love a pair of these

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 939
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #33127 on: November 18, 2021, 01:04:46 PM »
SB Force 58s - still breaking them in around the house before I take them outside. Really like the width and look of the toebox...except the ends of they eyestays being square and kind of flappy looking.

Richard Skidder

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 410
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #33128 on: November 19, 2021, 06:22:07 AM »
SB Force 58s - still breaking them in around the house before I take them outside. Really like the width and look of the toebox...except the ends of they eyestays being square and kind of flappy looking.

How’s the support in these? High arch? How thin is the forefoot? Sciatica over here.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #33129 on: November 19, 2021, 08:36:11 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

How’s the support in these? High arch? How thin is the forefoot? Sciatica over here.

They're flat as fuck. Super thin forefoot and minimal arch support (which oddly sits a bit further back in the shoe than I'm used to feeling, not by a lot).

Heel feels nice and snug, very minimal lift. Insole is removable and paper thin so all the support is being done by the shoe; you could easily put in some FP or other insoles to help the Sciatica (I've got it wicked on my right side).

You could easily skate these out of the box, 30 min would be all you need to get them loosened up.

Richard Skidder

• Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #33130 on: November 19, 2021, 10:08:26 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

They're flat as fuck. Super thin forefoot and minimal arch support (which oddly sits a bit further back in the shoe than I'm used to feeling, not by a lot).

Heel feels nice and snug, very minimal lift. Insole is removable and paper thin so all the support is being done by the shoe; you could easily put in some FP or other insoles to help the Sciatica (I've got it wicked on my right side).

You could easily skate these out of the box, 30 min would be all you need to get them loosened up.

Much appreciated man. I’ve got some Remind Chico insoles on the way so I think those Force 58 might be perfect once I get used to the new insoles.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #33131 on: November 19, 2021, 01:59:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Much appreciated man. I’ve got some Remind Chico insoles on the way so I think those Force 58 might be perfect once I get used to the new insoles.

Forgot: There is also plenty of room vertically for a thicker insole, depending on the thickness of the reminds; I also don't have to lace them tight as fuck to get them to fit snugly.

Richard Skidder

« Reply #33132 on: November 19, 2021, 03:41:43 PM »
Thanks again man. They sound like they might work!

stooeylewis

• Rep: 1
« Reply #33133 on: November 20, 2021, 11:07:37 AM »
I too got the unbleached a few months ago. I let them sit in the dye for a good hour or two. Have skated them a few times. But they’re sitting on deck as I started skating a pair of the dunk elite highs, but this is my colorway.

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #33134 on: November 20, 2021, 02:57:28 PM »
I too got the unbleached a few months ago. I let them sit in the dye for a good hour or two. Have skated them a few times. But they’re sitting on deck as I started skating a pair of the dunk elite highs, but this is my colorway.

Those are so good. What dye is that?

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1137
  • old and in the way
« Reply #33135 on: November 20, 2021, 04:02:17 PM »
The second dye pic looks so much like an old Airwalk Enigma colorway. Really nice.

Sonny Paluso

« Reply #33136 on: November 21, 2021, 11:14:25 AM »
Skated some Busenitz Pros from my shoe hoarde yesterday.  Does the grip ever get any better after wearing in? Comes off so greasy feeling compared to shoes that grip.

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 800
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #33137 on: November 21, 2021, 11:21:35 AM »
Skated some Busenitz Pros from my shoe hoarde yesterday.  Does the grip ever get any better after wearing in? Comes off so greasy feeling compared to shoes that grip.
Not in my experience, best shaped shoe , worst grip. They should really fix it.

Sonny Paluso

« Reply #33138 on: November 21, 2021, 11:58:42 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Not in my experience, best shaped shoe , worst grip. They should really fix it.

Thank you.

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 470
« Reply #33139 on: November 21, 2021, 07:49:07 PM »
Not sure if this is unpopular or not about the Booze, but that sole is too thin, and I don't mean board feel wise. I mean literal thickness of the sole. It allows your foot to spill over the edge and be unstable as fuck in the forefoot. Almost the same thing  happens with the dunk toe, but that's a bit thicker so no problem there.

Anyone else not like em because of that?
Super Champion Fun Zone

potpie

• Rep: 30
« Reply #33140 on: November 22, 2021, 04:54:17 AM »
Not sure if this is unpopular or not about the Booze, but that sole is too thin, and I don't mean board feel wise. I mean literal thickness of the sole. It allows your foot to spill over the edge and be unstable as fuck in the forefoot. Almost the same thing  happens with the dunk toe, but that's a bit thicker so no problem there.

I rolled my ankle badly because of this spillover issue. That, paired with the extremely high heel, leveraged my foot into maximum tweakage. The hairs down the back of my achilles tendon are standing straight up just thinking about it.

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #33141 on: November 22, 2021, 06:16:43 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
I rolled my ankle badly because of this spillover issue. That, paired with the extremely high heel, leveraged my foot into maximum tweakage. The hairs down the back of my achilles tendon are standing straight up just thinking about it.

Yeah, used to skate the boosies because I love how they look and they would last me forever, but this. Spillover + heel drop + less grippy sole is a recipe for disaster.

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #33142 on: November 22, 2021, 06:46:15 AM »

Apparently my feet decided I can no longer skate the vulc cons. I try to stick to Fastbreaks but they are sometimes hard to find / expensive so I found theses Hopps Pro Leathers for a good deal. Pretty hyped on them (ques up Steve Brandi video parts)

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1094
« Reply #33143 on: November 22, 2021, 08:01:57 AM »

Apparently my feet decided I can no longer skate the vulc cons. I try to stick to Fastbreaks but they are sometimes hard to find / expensive so I found theses Hopps Pro Leathers for a good deal. Pretty hyped on them (ques up Steve Brandi video parts)

I love pro leathers. I haven’t skated any for years, but this reminds me to do so.
Thank you

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #33144 on: November 22, 2021, 08:14:32 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I love pro leathers. I haven’t skated any for years, but this reminds me to do so.
Thank you
You’re very welcome, just ordered another pair this morning.

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 169
« Reply #33145 on: November 22, 2021, 11:44:51 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Thank you
[close]
Are not CONS pro leathers good to skate too?

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #33146 on: November 22, 2021, 12:06:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Thank you
[close]
[close]
Idk only ever had the skate versions. I’d assume they are based of looks.

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1094
« Reply #33147 on: November 22, 2021, 12:10:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Thank you
[close]
[close]
[close]

Good question.
Dunno.
Haven’t seen too many of the skate versions available.
Are the tts?
I skated the trash talk ones, most recently, so it’s been a minute.
Just trying to look like infms bobby trying to look like mouse guy

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #33148 on: November 22, 2021, 02:38:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Thank you
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]

Good question.
Dunno.
Haven’t seen too many of the skate versions available.
Are the tts?
I skated the trash talk ones, most recently, so it’s been a minute.
Just trying to look like infms bobby trying to look like mouse guy
Yeah TTS

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #33149 on: November 22, 2021, 08:54:30 PM »

Nike SB Dunk mid Orange Label (straps undone of course)

Scored these for $60 recently brand new. Haven’t done much skating in them but everytime I do I just wish even more that Nike made a constant supply of dunk mids. They are perfect imo. We need ipath back. Also wearing Silvertabs I got and they still are the best baggy fit pants.