Author Topic: Post the shoes you're wearing.  (Read 4539785 times)

alex olsons back tail and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Richard Skidder

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 464
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Post the shoes you're wearing.
« Reply #34080 on: February 10, 2023, 06:57:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

DC blessed it with a lil box, love this color of the Manteca.
Brings back memories!
[close]

What do you think to the board feel? I’ve been skating vulcs for god knows how long, but I think my knees would appreciate something with a little more structure.
[close]
Haven’t stood on a board with them yet. But from one guy with shitty knees to another.. cupsoles are the move.
These are a good middle ground. Honestly the closest to a dunk that isn’t a dunk.
[close]

They have kinda good boardfeel for a cupsole. Of course it is not like a Vulc shoe but that is normal. I just find the insoles of the Manteca a bit weird. The insole isn't completely flat and I am not a fan of these supportive sidewalls. Kinda hard to explain but it is similar to the Emerica G6 insoles. But I also have very flat feet.

Early aughts this was my go to shoe. Always the mono black with the grey DC on the side. I had more pairs of these than Accels. Loved when they got worn in from skating and put the white laces in the all black. I’ve got to get a pair.

yourbreakfsat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 762
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #34081 on: February 10, 2023, 05:34:33 PM »
Vans Lizzies

Nth syd bear

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 302
« Reply #34082 on: February 11, 2023, 12:57:16 AM »
Posting dc's is fine with me @MOE SYZLAK

Gum on these are nice,  copped them in the last round of sales decent price

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 827
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #34083 on: February 11, 2023, 09:36:06 AM »
Posting dc's is fine with me @MOE SYZLAK

Gum on these are nice,  copped them in the last round of sales decent price
Solid pick up! Love the Kailynx! Super comfortable!
There is a Kalis on a lynx zero sole coming soon as well.

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #34084 on: February 12, 2023, 07:40:10 AM »

Last one for a while… I gotta put a cap on this, I’ve got so many pairs to burn through…
A friend won these in a contest, didn’t like them, sold them to me for $20… couldn’t resist that price…

tom

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 981
  • the moon rules
« Reply #34085 on: February 12, 2023, 06:03:20 PM »

my prayers have finally been answered; skate line chukka boots. I might even break my personal "no skating in vulcs" rule because of these. I hope they stay in the line
fuck you bama

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #34086 on: February 13, 2023, 02:33:44 AM »
Vans Lizzies

That colorway is sick, sadly the flick on those is awful at least for me.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Jim and Dan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 476
  • Twenty-six Conversions in A.D. 46
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #34087 on: February 13, 2023, 09:43:05 AM »

Converse Fastbreak Sage
Roll for Rusty, Frip, Dapple and Tate

"My boiz better take my body, and boardslide me down the fucking bridge, in San Francisco"

MyUserName

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 174
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #34088 on: February 15, 2023, 10:27:14 AM »
Jesus, again with the shoes on furniture. Do y’all not wipe your asses after shitting too?

fistful0dynamite

« Reply #34089 on: February 15, 2023, 01:50:09 PM »

Dc x Cafe Clocker 2

Jim and Dan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 476
  • Twenty-six Conversions in A.D. 46
« Reply #34090 on: February 15, 2023, 05:00:37 PM »
Jesus, again with the shoes on furniture. Do y’all not wipe your asses after shitting too?

I work in a shithole and have no respect for their furniture, I'm truly a bad man.
Roll for Rusty, Frip, Dapple and Tate

"My boiz better take my body, and boardslide me down the fucking bridge, in San Francisco"

Thebird

• Rep: 158
« Reply #34091 on: February 16, 2023, 11:38:42 AM »

Cord Winer

• Rep: -1
« Reply #34092 on: February 18, 2023, 01:24:30 AM »

These are growing on me. They look real nice in the picture.

Jebediah

• Rep: 116
« Reply #34093 on: February 18, 2023, 09:32:46 AM »

my prayers have finally been answered; skate line chukka boots. I might even break my personal "no skating in vulcs" rule because of these. I hope they stay in the line

Those look very nice, very clean color way. I skated through tons of the chukka low shoe and would be interested in seeing how these feel.

Expand Quote

[close]

Another sick throwback. Is this a skate shop day only thing or has anyone seen any other color ways?

chillclinton87

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 136
« Reply #34094 on: February 19, 2023, 03:56:06 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Those look very nice, very clean color way. I skated through tons of the chukka low shoe and would be interested in seeing how these feel.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

Another sick throwback. Is this a skate shop day only thing or has anyone seen any other color ways?

@EmericaTM said in a thread that there will be other colorways while this one is a skateshopday colorway only!

As far as i remember there were no other colorways posted....

chuckas lookin clean too

gaunting

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 186
« Reply #34095 on: February 21, 2023, 07:51:08 AM »

loving these

I love this colorway so much. gonna eventually have buy them if I keep seeing them. 😝🤤
This has me cracking up, what exactly does Black Flag have to do with measuring your dick starting behind ya nuts?

Skateboarding is nothing but a game to find the right fits to appear like you're a proportional human being instead of a midget or a giant.

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #34096 on: February 22, 2023, 12:11:47 PM »

The folks at Globe were kind enough to hook me up with a pair of these. The materials on these def feel quality, the insole is really good.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
« Reply #34097 on: February 22, 2023, 07:26:29 PM »

The folks at Globe were kind enough to hook me up with a pair of these. The materials on these def feel quality, the insole is really good.

Nice!   Unfortunately that’s the only I’d try them, but I do find them fascinating

Pasta Monster

« Reply #34098 on: February 22, 2023, 08:39:23 PM »
They look better from that angle. If Globe made the rubber the same color as the canvas like they did on the mids, they would look much better…but probably not enough to buy at retail.

zozu

• Rep: 122
« Reply #34099 on: February 23, 2023, 12:37:24 PM »
the shoe is growing on me.. an outlet store near me always has globe shoes so might be able to pick some up real cheap eventually.

Gnarfunkell

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 134
« Reply #34100 on: February 23, 2023, 01:03:43 PM »

Converse Fastbreak Sage

Oh yeah, love these. Are they a good walking shoe support-wise? I've been thinking about trying them, but I haven't managed to find them in any shops around me.

alonelikeastone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 88
  • 608z.
    • Meh. avatar image
« Reply #34101 on: February 23, 2023, 02:38:07 PM »

beautiful

TreyPhillip

• Rep: 17
« Reply #34102 on: February 23, 2023, 04:38:14 PM »

Also got hooked up, stoked to skate them and way nicer on foot. I can also second that the material quality is on point!

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 527
« Reply #34103 on: February 23, 2023, 05:42:05 PM »
With the brown pants and black t shirt

I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

chillclinton87

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 136
« Reply #34104 on: February 25, 2023, 03:04:56 AM »
Expand Quote

Converse Fastbreak Sage
[close]

Oh yeah, love these. Are they a good walking shoe support-wise? I've been thinking about trying them, but I haven't managed to find them in any shops around me.

would say so, yeah!

After skating mine for a while i still had them as beaters/ dogwalkers and they were very comfy!

BUT behold: if you find that carhartt colorway, it is way more narrow in the forefoot area than that colorway here. otherwise tts and a very good dunk alternative. medium thick cupsole and with a lil superglue the nylon type material holds up well for skating

GBLange

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 272
« Reply #34105 on: February 25, 2023, 10:45:49 PM »
for todays hot tropical weather

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1112
« Reply #34106 on: February 26, 2023, 06:10:14 AM »

With a white shirt, you would have been wearing the uniform from some of the early slap days.

I broke out a pair of the uprise halfcabs from…2019? Ish… I had been saving em for the ‘right time’, where, hopefully, I was skating ok and had the matching kit. None of that happened, but the shoes felt nice, helped that I’m skating old boards with less grip.
I was impressed with how hot my feet got, on a really cold day, and then the pain the following day in lower legs and ankles. I am in poor shape, old, stiff, and have been skating intermittently due to work and weather, so it is certainly not on the shoe.
My usual is dunks, and those feel nice, but don’t look nearly as good. My setup time between tricks probably increased as I would gaze down at the feets and reminisce about some of the greats. And then I’d bail a slow moving flippy

Bristol_Palin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 512
« Reply #34107 on: February 26, 2023, 09:20:19 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

With a white shirt, you would have been wearing the uniform from some of the early slap days.

I broke out a pair of the uprise halfcabs from…2019? Ish… I had been saving em for the ‘right time’, where, hopefully, I was skating ok and had the matching kit. None of that happened, but the shoes felt nice, helped that I’m skating old boards with less grip.
I was impressed with how hot my feet got, on a really cold day, and then the pain the following day in lower legs and ankles. I am in poor shape, old, stiff, and have been skating intermittently due to work and weather, so it is certainly not on the shoe.
My usual is dunks, and those feel nice, but don’t look nearly as good. My setup time between tricks probably increased as I would gaze down at the feets and reminisce about some of the greats. And then I’d bail a slow moving flippy

Sometimes I think we’re the same person.

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1112
« Reply #34108 on: February 26, 2023, 10:27:41 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Sometimes I think we’re the same person.

❤️ 💔 ❤️

NoochSauce

• Rep: 0
« Reply #34109 on: February 26, 2023, 12:47:47 PM »