Author Topic: Soulsborne Thread/Question  (Read 8721 times)

Theme For A Jackal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 95
Re: Soulsborne Thread/Question
« Reply #210 on: February 22, 2024, 06:59:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I sort of wish I hadn't started NG+. Have to decide if I want to create a new character before the DLC, or put some time into NG+ to get prepared...
[close]

I wouldn't want to face the DLC bosses on a NG+ cycle tbh

So hyped for this though. My wallet hurts but I bought the Collector's Edition and the replica helmet of the dude from the trailer lol
[close]

Yeah I definitely don't want to...but I also don't have another 40-80 hours to dedicate to a new build either I don't think...

Should be able to cut that down massively now that you know the game and where things are located, especially if you plan your build out and just go for the stuff you need

I have 4 characters and purposely stopped my primary from going into NG+ for future DLC purposes but I plan on repec-ing and I have no idea what type of build to go for, been out of the game for a while

Do you have homies to co-op with that could help rush you through if needed?

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1072
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #211 on: February 22, 2024, 07:19:58 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I sort of wish I hadn't started NG+. Have to decide if I want to create a new character before the DLC, or put some time into NG+ to get prepared...
[close]

So hyped for this though. My wallet hurts but I bought the Collector's Edition and the replica helmet of the dude from the trailer lol
[close]

Yeah I definitely don't want to...but I also don't have another 40-80 hours to dedicate to a new build either I don't think...
[close]

Should be able to cut that down massively now that you know the game and where things are located, especially if you plan your build out and just go for the stuff you need

I have 4 characters and purposely stopped my primary from going into NG+ for future DLC purposes but I plan on repec-ing and I have no idea what type of build to go for, been out of the game for a while

Yeah my first playthrough I was going for the platinum so I did EVERYTHING and put in over 100 hours, obviously a second playthrough wouldn’t be nearly as intensive. This weekend I’m going to check if I have a cloud save from before I started NG+ to load into. If not, I need to map out a new playthrough to (at least) Mohg where the DLC portal is likely to be…

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #212 on: February 22, 2024, 07:26:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Yeah my first playthrough I was going for the platinum so I did EVERYTHING and put in over 100 hours, obviously a second playthrough wouldn’t be nearly as intensive. This weekend I’m going to check if I have a cloud save from before I started NG+ to load into. If not, I need to map out a new playthrough to (at least) Mohg where the DLC portal is likely to be…

I read an interview with Miyazaki yesterday and he did confirm that Miquella's egg at Mohg's palace is the DLC entrypoint

I'm actually a little relieved the DLC isn't coming out for a few months because I've got a ton of shit going on right now and my game backlog is huge so I'm glad to have a little time

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 304
« Reply #213 on: February 22, 2024, 08:12:45 AM »
I’m actually kind of nervous about going back to Elden Ring because I feel like ice forgotten more about it than any other Souls game. I haven’t touched it once since Platinum.

frontsideNECKTIE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 190
  • Precision Posture
« Reply #214 on: February 22, 2024, 11:13:30 AM »
I guess the count down's on for me to finish NG.

Still on the fire giant... fucker...

BartHarleyJarvis

• SLAP Pal
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #215 on: February 23, 2024, 07:53:06 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

So I paid $10 for a month of PS Plus to try and access an old cloud save…. No dice. Pretty annoyed.

I’ve decided to play through NG+ at least to moghwyn palace instead of starting from Scratch. I have 120 hours into my character and all of the gear I’ll want or need. I’m sure the DLC will be tough but hopefully my level and gear helps offset

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #216 on: February 23, 2024, 08:28:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

So I paid $10 for a month of PS Plus to try and access an old cloud save…. No dice. Pretty annoyed.

I’ve decided to play through NG+ at least to moghwyn palace instead of starting from Scratch. I have 120 hours into my character and all of the gear I’ll want or need. I’m sure the DLC will be tough but hopefully my level and gear helps offset

Apparently they only hold onto them for 6 months, but tbh I'm actually kind surprised they hold onto them that long. For what it's worth they auto-upload those frequently so unless you had that setting turned off so there's a good chance it would've been overwritten with more recent progress anyways.

I let my shit lapse as I mostly play on PC now but I will have to resubscribe when this DLC drops because I played all of ER on PS5. Kinda tempted to do it now and just hop on for a bit.

If you get your NG+ character caught up and want to start a new character too just incase hit me up and I could help you try to co-op through it quick. Or I could even help with the NG+ character if you want.

BartHarleyJarvis

• SLAP Pal
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #217 on: February 23, 2024, 10:10:13 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Apparently they only hold onto them for 6 months, but tbh I'm actually kind surprised they hold onto them that long. For what it's worth they auto-upload those frequently so unless you had that setting turned off so there's a good chance it would've been overwritten with more recent progress anyways.

I let my shit lapse as I mostly play on PC now but I will have to resubscribe when this DLC drops because I played all of ER on PS5. Kinda tempted to do it now and just hop on for a bit.

If you get your NG+ character caught up and want to start a new character too just incase hit me up and I could help you try to co-op through it quick. Or I could even help with the NG+ character if you want.

Yeah I let my  subscription lapse in November because I don’t really play online and it’s gotten so expensive. But you’re exactly right, I had turned auto save back on so it overwrote the old save file I used to get all of the endings. C’est la vie…

I’m going to just take my time and enjoy my NG+ playthrough. I should plenty leveled for ng+ with a ton of +10/+25 weapons to fool around with so I’m mot worried. It’ll actually be good to get back into the groove and build the muscle memory back up before the DLC drops I think

yghartsyrt

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 188
« Reply #218 on: February 24, 2024, 06:54:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

same dilemma here. I hope i have a save file from right before the final bossfight somewhere.