Author Topic: What was the last video game you played?  (Read 562100 times)

SUPREMENECKPROTECTOR

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 99
Re: What was the last video game you played?
« Reply #3720 on: January 13, 2020, 12:45:08 AM »
I want to play Subnautica. Has anyone played it?

I did and can recommend it. I am usually not the type for single player crafting/survival games but this one was sick. I also recommend to not watch any videos on it and just play. Currently waiting for the DLC to leave early access.

I am still playing a lot of RoR2 and Synthetik.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2020, 12:49:22 AM by SUPREMENECKPROTECTOR »

Garth Marenghi

« Reply #3721 on: January 14, 2020, 12:40:14 AM »
A bit of Duck Hunt/Clay Pigeons (latter being a lot harder than I remembered), Street Fighter 2 - New Challengers and Samurai Shodown with friends.

Never played any of the SNK games as a kid, really. Fatal Furys and what-have-yous.

waffle

• Rep: 125
« Reply #3722 on: January 14, 2020, 01:52:22 AM »
Not really a full-fledged video game I guess but I payed angry birds on a recent flight.

Found it extremely hard until I realized each bird has an ability, at which point the difficulty pendulum swung decidedly to the easy side.

Still kinda fun.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -717
« Reply #3723 on: January 19, 2020, 11:19:53 AM »
Titanfall 2, got it for cheap. Damn, them guns kick like crazy and i love mechs.

hmmmokay

« Reply #3724 on: January 20, 2020, 11:10:37 AM »
Titanfall 2, got it for cheap. Damn, them guns kick like crazy and i love mechs.

That was one of the free games through PS Plus this month so I downloaded it as well. I haven't played it much but it seems like it will be a lot of fun, looking forward to actually putting some time in.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3725 on: January 20, 2020, 10:36:34 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

That was one of the free games through PS Plus this month so I downloaded it as well. I haven't played it much but it seems like it will be a lot of fun, looking forward to actually putting some time in.

Oh, yeah, it's great! Those fucking idiots at EA did the game dirty buy releasing it at the same time as Battlefield or some shit like that, so it did not get the attention it deserved.

drunk guy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #3726 on: January 21, 2020, 06:45:45 AM »
I have been on a roll this winter, Im also not drinking this month and I work free lance and my industry is dead this time of year. So far this last two months I have played and beaten; Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Dragon quest 11, Zelda Breath of the wild, Ys 8, astral Chain, and now Im back on xenoblade 2. 

Lorem_Ipsum

• Rep: 18
« Reply #3727 on: January 21, 2020, 09:55:08 AM »
How did you like Astral Chain, drunk guy? I've been told to pick it up since its the same people who did Devil May Cry which I loved when I was younger

Audrey II

• Rep: 14183
« Reply #3728 on: January 21, 2020, 10:23:28 AM »
taiko no tatsujin... im a sucker for rhythm games and had to check this out. its visually overstimulating and screams japan but its pretty fun. im tempted to order the hori drum controller.
You got questions? Ask me like a fucking man. You know my Insta.

drunk guy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3729 on: January 21, 2020, 04:39:32 PM »
How did you like Astral Chain, drunk guy? I've been told to pick it up since its the same people who did Devil May Cry which I loved when I was younger
i personally loved it, it took a second to get used to but once you do it sucks you right in, tons of side content too. I’m not spoiling anything but if you’re a fan of neon genesis it’s a very satisfying game. Would recommend

50mm

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 280
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
« Reply #3730 on: January 21, 2020, 04:42:35 PM »
Lately I’ve been waking up super early to start my coffee, smoke and play red dead with all the lights off before work. It’s oddly relaxing. At night I usually play overwatch if I play anything.

shucknjive

• Rep: -39
« Reply #3731 on: January 22, 2020, 08:42:59 AM »
i never have a turn, ok

my life sux
mArLeY

Yu Dum

« Reply #3732 on: January 22, 2020, 11:51:27 AM »
Beat Link's Awakening for the Switch not too long ago and started it again because it's just that much fun.
Also, finally getting into Cuphead, but holy goddamn is that game frustrating as shit. I'm normally pretty good with games where a fuckton of shit is going on around you at all times, but this is over the top. Still an incredibly fun, addictive game and WILL finish it eventually.

Still haven't gone back to BOTW, but I will sooner than later.

Hmmmm Nice Bike

« Reply #3733 on: January 22, 2020, 06:57:42 PM »
I've been playing Soul Of The Samurai for PS1 lately, not sure how well known it was back then but it's awesome.

taiko no tatsujin... im a sucker for rhythm games and had to check this out. its visually overstimulating and screams japan but its pretty fun. im tempted to order the hori drum controller.

I was looking up rhythm games for my PS Vita and thought this one looked fun.

50mm

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 280
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
« Reply #3734 on: January 22, 2020, 07:10:57 PM »
Played some PUBG today for the first time in months. God that game runs like shit even on PC.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3735 on: January 22, 2020, 10:40:26 PM »
Played some PUBG today for the first time in months. God that game runs like shit even on PC.

Never left the Beta stage, I hear.

Garth Marenghi

« Reply #3736 on: January 23, 2020, 01:22:21 AM »
Sunk three days into Earthbound and got burnt once I reached Summers. Turn-based console rpgs are more tedious than I remembered.

Audrey II

« Reply #3737 on: January 23, 2020, 12:52:58 PM »
Sunk three days into Earthbound and got burnt once I reached Summers. Turn-based console rpgs are more tedious than I remembered.

yeah this is my favorite rpg but it is tedious as all hell when it comes to things like saving, item management, buying items, reviving characters just to name a few.

if youve never beaten it though, keep pushing till you do.

Expand Quote
[close]

I was looking up rhythm games for my PS Vita and thought this one looked fun.

its fun forsure, easy to play but hard to master. there are a some lame songs and some great ones, not sure about the vita version. touch screen on the switch is pretty cool too.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2020, 12:56:03 PM by Audrey II »

ZeGerms

• Rep: 12
« Reply #3738 on: January 23, 2020, 11:46:01 PM »
People tend to repeat their mistakes every once in a while...So hooked on World of Warcraft Classic again.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3739 on: January 24, 2020, 04:48:26 AM »
People tend to repeat their mistakes every once in a while...So hooked on World of Warcraft Classic again.

F

Yu Dum

« Reply #3740 on: January 24, 2020, 09:33:06 AM »
Are you playing on the old system or New 3DS? I've been itching to play, but I have an older 3DS and the software is incompatible.

Slugboi22

• Rep: 69
« Reply #3741 on: January 24, 2020, 02:05:50 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Are you playing on the old system or New 3DS? I've been itching to play, but I have an older 3DS and the software is incompatible.
If you can, I’d recommend playing it on the SNES mini that came out awhile ago. Not sure how available they are, but it’s a fun little system. If not then emulate it. Not sure on the 3DS however.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #3742 on: January 24, 2020, 02:09:00 PM »
i pretty much can't play turn based jrpgs anymore, they tire the fuck out of me. for the old school ones it's indeed nice to use an emulator that has a speed up function, that way you can shorten the grind periods and playing through them seems less tedious.

Yu Dum

« Reply #3743 on: January 24, 2020, 02:40:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
If you can, I’d recommend playing it on the SNES mini that came out awhile ago. Not sure how available they are, but it’s a fun little system. If not then emulate it. Not sure on the 3DS however.
Definitely investing in the SNES mini once we move into our new place. I know it's available on virtual console for New 3DS, but I don't want to buy a new handheld system solely for that. I'm gonna check to see if it's on the Switch before I do anything, though.

drunk guy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3744 on: January 25, 2020, 06:11:39 AM »
finally playing final fantasy 12 zodiac age. I got about 5 hours in when i was 15 maybe 16, and I feel like my young brain couldnt grasp the lack of over the top story line. This game has aged very well and im excited about finally finishing it 15 years later.

Garth Marenghi

« Reply #3745 on: January 26, 2020, 11:42:38 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Emulationstation / RGB-Pi. Bluetooth controls without input lag and correct resolutions in RGB is very nice.

Escape Hell

• Rep: 26
« Reply #3746 on: January 27, 2020, 06:27:58 AM »
Mega man collection on my switch. Beat 3-6 I love those games so much.

Yu Dum

« Reply #3747 on: January 27, 2020, 09:55:28 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Emulationstation / RGB-Pi. Bluetooth controls without input lag and correct resolutions in RGB is very nice.
Word. I tried playing it on an emulator back when I had a laptop, but it just wasn't cutting it for me. I'm weird when it comes to games like that. I'd rather play it on a console for reasons I can't quite explain.
Still holding out for a SNES mini to come in to my shop so that I can set it aside to buy.

Audrey II

« Reply #3748 on: January 27, 2020, 12:47:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
Word. I tried playing it on an emulator back when I had a laptop, but it just wasn't cutting it for me. I'm weird when it comes to games like that. I'd rather play it on a console for reasons I can't quite explain.
Still holding out for a SNES mini to come in to my shop so that I can set it aside to buy.

i would just buy a earthbound reproduction cartridge, theyre like 20 bucks online. i got one a while ago cause i dont want to pay hundreds for a game, and it plays perfectly. no complaints, unless youre a videogame purist.

Hmmmm Nice Bike

« Reply #3749 on: January 27, 2020, 07:54:52 PM »
I've been fiddling around with my modded PS Vita lately, it has 128gb memory and a ton of emulators installed. I can play mostly anything from these systems on my handheld(NES,SNES,N64,GBA,Sega Genesis, PS1, PSP and PS Vita), although the N64 emulator doesn't run games so well, but Mario Kart 64 and Super Mario 64 run well enough.

Anyone have any recommendations on what games I should be checking out? I'm gonna be out of the country soon for a few months and my Vita is gonna be my main source of entertainment when I'm not out and about.