Author Topic: What was the last video game you played?  (Read 562030 times)

Yu Dum

iKobrakai

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -717
Re: What was the last video game you played?
« Reply #3841 on: March 20, 2020, 09:11:01 AM »

Yu Dum

« Reply #3842 on: March 20, 2020, 10:00:42 AM »
Expand Quote

Just got my copy from the store. We'll see.
Let me know how it is! I might have to shell out retail price if it lives up to the hype.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -717
« Reply #3843 on: March 20, 2020, 09:44:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Just got my copy from the store. We'll see.
[close]
Let me know how it is! I might have to shell out retail price if it lives up to the hype.

Aight. About two hours in and it rocks. Way harder than 2016. More combat mechanics and platforming. No idea how long it is but I don't regret spending the money.

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1058
« Reply #3844 on: March 22, 2020, 06:55:31 PM »
Update on Skate 3: I discovered that, while in a complete haze of Xanax and booze about 7 years ago, I spent some serious cash on acquiring every download possible for the game. This shit just got better!

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 142
« Reply #3845 on: March 22, 2020, 07:04:58 PM »
Update on Skate 3: I discovered that, while in a complete haze of Xanax and booze about 7 years ago, I spent some serious cash on acquiring every download possible for the game. This shit just got better!

I spent 4 hours playing this game as Busenitz on Saturday ...i usually played career but that shit was dope

Charlie Hustle

« Reply #3846 on: March 22, 2020, 07:11:10 PM »
My back log is enormous, but I’ve been playing Jurassic World evolution on ps4. It’s slow, fun; a good time killer. Kind of game you can lurk slap and play for hours. Shit gets hectic if a dinosaur gets pissed and breaks a section of fence.

Garth Marenghi

« Reply #3847 on: March 22, 2020, 10:11:04 PM »
Halfway through Doom 2016, trying to hunt down all the doomguy models. And challenges, secrets, logs, elite guards...

Yu Dum

« Reply #3848 on: March 23, 2020, 06:54:22 AM »
Been bouncing back and forth between Bioshock 1, RE7, and just bought Slender for PS4 last night for $2.50. Gonna start Slender tonight after I get good and stoned.

Garth Marenghi

« Reply #3849 on: March 24, 2020, 03:46:37 AM »
Finished the Doom campaign, not going to delve into multiplayer. Probably not going to buy Eternal anytime soon, either.

os89

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1182
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3850 on: March 24, 2020, 02:10:33 PM »
Just finished the main story from Super Mario Odyssey and got enough moons for the first secret kingdom. Probably won't go for the extra 250 moons required for the final secret kingdom that soon. Looks hard as fuck and not much reward besides a special outfit I believe. Really fun game though. Definitely a good entry in the series.

Seadramon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
« Reply #3851 on: March 24, 2020, 05:22:53 PM »
Thanks to the current state of emergency in Ontario I'm making a point of going back and completing some of my colossal backlog.

Beat Xenogears tonight and fuck that felt good.

No debating whether to move on to Xenosaga or Xenoblade Chronicles X

puff daddy

• Rep: -13
  • all we do is watch mtv cribs
« Reply #3852 on: March 25, 2020, 12:24:53 AM »
i beat shadow of the colossus (on ps4 not the og) for the first time a few days ago. it was actually a great game but man those controls/camera is absolutely abysmal. half of the difficulty comes from just fighting the controls. but other than that i really enjoyed how figuring out how to fight each colossus felt like a puzzle rather than a run of the mill boss fight. the ending was crazy and did a really good job of making me actually care about the story after not caring at all for the entire game prior. ending also reminded me of akira alot in a good way tho.

i got animal crossing the other day and it has consumed me

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #3853 on: March 25, 2020, 05:26:49 AM »
Thanks to the current state of emergency in Ontario I'm making a point of going back and completing some of my colossal backlog.

one of those games i didn't finish because i didn't want it to end. tried to finish it finally on a laptop via emulator that died for me mid playthrough. i keep the original jewelcase and discs like a treasure.

Yu Dum

« Reply #3854 on: March 25, 2020, 08:59:01 AM »
Finished RE7 yesterday. Good mix of fear and anxiety all the way to the end. Now, I'm going full focus on Bioshock since I never beat it when it first came out. Gonna be logging a good bit of hours on the Playstation until this shit all blows over.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 142
« Reply #3855 on: March 25, 2020, 03:50:29 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

one of those games i didn't finish because i didn't want it to end. tried to finish it finally on a laptop via emulator that died for me mid playthrough. i keep the original jewelcase and discs like a treasure.

Same bought it when It came out and it was right when I graduated high school so I wasn’t home a lot to play and finish.  Thanks to this thread I forgot about the ps3 store and saw it was there to buy...good shit guys I’m locked in now

Carrolls Chesthairs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 120
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #3856 on: March 25, 2020, 08:34:33 PM »
Just finished the main story from Super Mario Odyssey and got enough moons for the first secret kingdom. Probably won't go for the extra 250 moons required for the final secret kingdom that soon. Looks hard as fuck and not much reward besides a special outfit I believe. Really fun game though. Definitely a good entry in the series.

Last stage is worth it.
A lot easier than the mario 3-d final stage

Seadramon

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3857 on: March 25, 2020, 09:21:50 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

physical copies are worth quite a bit - hold onto that one!

Seadramon

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3858 on: March 25, 2020, 09:23:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Same bought it when It came out and it was right when I graduated high school so I wasn’t home a lot to play and finish.  Thanks to this thread I forgot about the ps3 store and saw it was there to buy...good shit guys I’m locked in now

Yeah, that's how i played it. Such a good price.

I have a vita so I mostly played on that. There's cross save so I was able to play between my ps3 and vita to give it a Switch experience.

Really would recommend it.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #3859 on: March 26, 2020, 08:07:31 AM »
physical copies are worth quite a bit - hold onto that one!

i will fight anyone to death over it.

i've been playing waaaaaay too much destiny 2 since my buddy bought me shadowkeep to play with him, also some hunt: showdown in between(nice, intense) and the last two days i finally really started playing escape from tarkov with a friend and i am getting somewhat into it now. i wasn't able to play it i would straight up panic and alt f4 out and shit because playing with a headset all the sounds are so fucking intense. i managed to survive a few raids and pretty much know how to survive my scav runs about 8 times out of 10 so i am making money at least and am not going broke.

you americans used to hang out at shooting ranges probably chuckle at this, but the gun sounds in this game are so damn terryfying.

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #3860 on: March 29, 2020, 12:44:41 PM »
I bought DBZ Fighterz for my kids’ Switch (because it’s the only current gen system we have multiple controllers for).

I would have shit myself if I had gotten to play it 25 years ago. The visuals are amazing and it actually plays great too.

Load times are a bit ridiculous but I guess that’s a small price to pay. It’s also obnoxious looking at the locked characters on the selection screen.

thomas kook

« Reply #3861 on: March 29, 2020, 03:13:08 PM »
anyone got pears on animal crossing new horizons? i got some gooood bells on a pear or two

os89

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1182
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3862 on: March 29, 2020, 07:00:36 PM »
Been putting it off until I had the time and what better time than now. Started BOTW and it's pretty cool but also I feel so fucking small in it. Working on upping stamina and hearts. Got 5 hearts and two extra parts stamina wheel. On the way to the second village now. I asked my girlfriend if she felt I've not been giving her enough attention this weekend and she said yes. Definitely can take up some time haha. Last and only zelda game I ever played and completed was ocarina of time
« Last Edit: March 29, 2020, 07:04:00 PM by os89 »

beatifk

• Rep: 162
« Reply #3863 on: March 30, 2020, 07:06:53 AM »
I bought DBZ Fighterz for my kids’ Switch (because it’s the only current gen system we have multiple controllers for).

I would have shit myself if I had gotten to play it 25 years ago. The visuals are amazing and it actually plays great too.

Load times are a bit ridiculous but I guess that’s a small price to pay. It’s also obnoxious looking at the locked characters on the selection screen.

I just paid for all of them. I figured now was the best time to do it, I don't have shit to do... Me and my girlfriend play this game about an hour together every 2 days or so and we like trying out different characters and seeing all the specials and things.

It's pretty fun.

And when she's bored and doesn't want to play I just do all the combo training. So having all the extra characters will add a ton of playtime to the game for me anyway.

Yu Dum

« Reply #3864 on: April 01, 2020, 08:39:18 AM »
Signed up for a year of Nintendo Online and downloaded the free NES and SNES emulators. Started A Link to the Past last night. Looking forward to getting down on more retro games.

Carrolls Chesthairs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 120
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #3865 on: April 02, 2020, 06:37:21 AM »
Signed up for a year of Nintendo Online and downloaded the free NES and SNES emulators. Started A Link to the Past last night. Looking forward to getting down on more retro games.
Super mario world 2 Yoshi's Island should be next on your list.

Thomas

• Rep: 20
  • no pop no style
« Reply #3866 on: April 02, 2020, 06:46:01 AM »
anyone got pears on animal crossing new horizons? i got some gooood bells on a pear or two

Yeah I'm playing AC, and I've got pears.
SW-2243-8502-9817
Possibilities are everywhere, search and enjoy.

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 584
« Reply #3867 on: April 02, 2020, 10:29:18 PM »
Just got MK11. Haven’t played Mortal Kombat in a minute and it clearly shows. So far it’s gotten competitive and given my uncles and I something to bond over.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

EdLawndale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1099
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #3868 on: April 02, 2020, 11:35:34 PM »
Super Mario Bros 3
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

thomas kook

« Reply #3869 on: April 03, 2020, 04:12:30 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yeah I'm playing AC, and I've got pears.
SW-2243-8502-9817

my dude! i have no clue how the online works yet but we'll see how that goes