Author Topic: What was the last video game you played?  (Read 561974 times)

411_bandit

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -15
Re: What was the last video game you played?
« Reply #4050 on: June 09, 2020, 11:16:57 AM »
#getbetterandy

50mm

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 281
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
« Reply #4051 on: June 09, 2020, 11:32:02 AM »

And warzone
Just started playing a little Warzone here and there, but really only like maybe 10 matches. PM me your username. Can you do crossplatform on WZ or just multiplayer. I play multiplayer all the time, but I played a fuckload of PUBG. I'm on PC is why I ask about the cross platform.

Spacetravelisboring

• Rep: -423
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #4052 on: June 10, 2020, 03:33:26 PM »
Ultimate mortal Kombat 3 for SNES.

fake nollie.sk8er

• Rep: -37

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #4054 on: June 18, 2020, 07:10:02 PM »
Just cracked open The Last of Us Part 2 and it's incredible.

Carrolls Chesthairs

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 120
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #4055 on: June 19, 2020, 09:00:57 AM »
rad! Did you avoid all the spoilers that were floating around online? I'm waiting on ps5 before I go for the ps4 library.

World 8 of this ATM. Waiting on a new ps3 controller to arrive so I can finish dark souls and start fallout 3 + New Vegas

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #4056 on: June 19, 2020, 01:16:47 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
rad! Did you avoid all the spoilers that were floating around online? I'm waiting on ps5 before I go for the ps4 library.

World 8 of this ATM. Waiting on a new ps3 controller to arrive so I can finish dark souls and start fallout 3 + New Vegas

Yeah, I'm not that crazily obsessed with games that I need to see the spoilers ahead of time.

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 330
« Reply #4057 on: June 21, 2020, 10:07:09 AM »
Bought the Last of Us 2 so I can have a hot take on all the controversy surrounding it. Im in the minority because I thought the ending to the original was kinda fucking stupid, so I'm probably not going to trip too hard if things go left.

shucknjive

• Rep: -39
« Reply #4058 on: June 21, 2020, 10:25:56 AM »
is God of War any good
mArLeY

Hmmmm Nice Bike

« Reply #4059 on: June 21, 2020, 03:02:06 PM »
Bought the Last of Us 2 so I can have a hot take on all the controversy surrounding it. Im in the minority because I thought the ending to the original was kinda fucking stupid, so I'm probably not going to trip too hard if things go left.

What's the controversy? I haven't paid much attention to it's release but noticed I also haven't heard much praises towards the game which is odd.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 142
« Reply #4060 on: June 21, 2020, 03:37:25 PM »
I’m pissed because My ps4 has no more space because of the games I’ve downloaded...I have to skip all these new releases...really want to play the new Doom Game

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 330
« Reply #4061 on: June 21, 2020, 04:08:15 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

What's the controversy? I haven't paid much attention to it's release but noticed I also haven't heard much praises towards the game which is odd.

3 things:

Heavy rumors that there was a lot of infighting between the development team vs management over work hours and delays to the point where the dev team is hoping that the game bombs

And...

Fans are pissed that the story writers might be agenda pushing with some injections of sjw rhetoric in the game, most notably the game is hella lesbian. Personally I feel some of the cornball virgin side of the gaming community comes out when you see a mob of people complain about that stuff.

And finally...

There's also rumors that Sony or Naughty Dog paid off the press to give the game 10/10 scores, plus there were embargos that they can't talk about the last 12 hours of the game. Plus Sony had youtube remove a lot of videos that discussed leaks.

Basically a shit show.

Hmmmm Nice Bike

« Reply #4062 on: June 21, 2020, 07:11:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

3 things:

Heavy rumors that there was a lot of infighting between the development team vs management over work hours and delays to the point where the dev team is hoping that the game bombs

And...

Fans are pissed that the story writers might be agenda pushing with some injections of sjw rhetoric in the game, most notably the game is hella lesbian. Personally I feel some of the cornball virgin side of the gaming community comes out when you see a mob of people complain about that stuff.

And finally...

There's also rumors that Sony or Naughty Dog paid off the press to give the game 10/10 scores, plus there were embargos that they can't talk about the last 12 hours of the game. Plus Sony had youtube remove a lot of videos that discussed leaks.

Basically a shit show.

Damn, sounds like a rough start.

Hmmmm Nice Bike

« Reply #4063 on: June 21, 2020, 07:15:47 PM »
I'm considering hopping on Battlefield 4 since it was finally released on Steam this week. I already own it on Origin but it's player count received a boost as a result of it being available to people who prefer to only use Steam. Same goes for a couple of other EA titles.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #4064 on: June 23, 2020, 04:09:34 PM »

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -717
« Reply #4065 on: June 24, 2020, 12:15:06 AM »
I’m pissed because My ps4 has no more space because of the games I’ve downloaded...I have to skip all these new releases...really want to play the new Doom Game

Physical media route, like a dinosaur.

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #4066 on: June 24, 2020, 07:22:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

3 things:

And...

And finally...

Basically a shit show.
[close]

Damn, sounds like a rough start.

I want to play it but I can already tell I’m going to be impressed technically but not enjoy it. The NYT had a spoiler-y review and it wasn’t so much the particulars of the story but rather how heavy and direct the cues are to make you “feel” a particular way that sound off putting.

50mm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 281
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
« Reply #4067 on: June 24, 2020, 07:42:23 PM »
I don't want any spoilers so I didn't read pretty much anything that has been said in this thread about TLOU but I will say embargoes are extremely common in the games industry. I stopped listening to a weekly podcast for a year until Red Dead 2 came out on PC to avoid any potential spoilers. I know I will come across them anyways, but I'll forget after a year and hopefully the remaster will be on PS5 running at 60 fps by then. Heard the game is extremely depressing to the point its a bummer that it had to come out now when everything is going to shit in the world lol.

tortfeasor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 341
« Reply #4068 on: June 26, 2020, 11:21:00 AM »
been splitting my time between "among trees" and "banished".  both games balance chill with challenge beautifully.

more heaven-cruise than hell-ride.

Hmmmm Nice Bike

« Reply #4069 on: June 26, 2020, 11:50:57 AM »
Destroy All Humans demo, anyone have any thoughts on this game?

Yu Dum

« Reply #4070 on: June 26, 2020, 12:16:30 PM »
Grew up playing the originals on PS2. Loved them then and still love them, but they're not games that I can sit and play for longer than 20 minutes without losing interest.

Hmmmm Nice Bike

« Reply #4071 on: June 26, 2020, 02:04:12 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Grew up playing the originals on PS2. Loved them then and still love them, but they're not games that I can sit and play for longer than 20 minutes without losing interest.

I never played the original, I'm worried about the game being somewhat repetitive but I guess that's just the whole point of the game, to cause destruction in a sandbox basically. I'm thinking about getting it for PC.

Yu Dum

« Reply #4072 on: June 26, 2020, 02:52:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

I never played the original, I'm worried about the game being somewhat repetitive but I guess that's just the whole point of the game, to cause destruction in a sandbox basically. I'm thinking about getting it for PC.
That's exactly what it is. Repetitive destruction with upgrades you can purchase with in-game points you earn based on how many brains you harvest and whatnot. Like I said, they're a great time, but the gameplay gets stale after a short period. How's the demo so far?

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #4073 on: June 26, 2020, 04:47:04 PM »

Hmmmm Nice Bike

« Reply #4074 on: June 26, 2020, 08:49:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
That's exactly what it is. Repetitive destruction with upgrades you can purchase with in-game points you earn based on how many brains you harvest and whatnot. Like I said, they're a great time, but the gameplay gets stale after a short period. How's the demo so far?

It was super brief, pretty much just the tutorial and a bit of action. Still kind of neat though, I wish game demos was still a common thing.

Carrolls Chesthairs

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 120
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #4075 on: June 28, 2020, 09:18:01 AM »

Yu Dum

« Reply #4076 on: June 28, 2020, 10:15:35 AM »

That game is so much fun. Cartoony horror always fills me with more fear than realistic horror.

shucknjive

• Rep: -39
« Reply #4077 on: June 28, 2020, 11:24:01 AM »
we goT the xbox1 GAMEPASS for 1 month = 1$
some free games with GP
we thot wed wet our appetite for HALO INFINITE
by playing HALO 5 GUARDIANS
mArLeY

os89

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1182
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4078 on: June 29, 2020, 07:56:28 AM »
Playing Last of Us 2, Blair Witch, and the new Spongebob Rehydrated game with the girlfriend.

Yu Dum

« Reply #4079 on: June 29, 2020, 08:59:42 AM »
Playing Last of Us 2, Blair Witch, and the new Spongebob Rehydrated game with the girlfriend.
How are Blair Witch and Spongebob? My wife and I really want to play both.

Also, to contribute, I've been playing Pokemon Yellow and Ocarina of Time on my DS. I've played both countless times over, but they're still great fun start to finish.