Author Topic: What was the last video game you played?  (Read 559509 times)

newguy

Re: What was the last video game you played?
« Reply #4920 on: March 23, 2023, 03:37:55 AM »
A friend finally convinced me to pick up valorant since Valve’s VAC system basically wont allow me to play CSGO, and I’ve lost my patience with that shitty company and the cattle praising everything they do anyways.

Holy smokes, this game is amazing, gunplay is incredibly punishing and TTK is split second but when you spray down 4 people in a literal second you feel like a god. The abilities are manageable and really fun to use and fight and allow you to genuinely clutch with a bit of savoir faire. And despite all the crazy shit going on my screen its still fairly clear and easy to read unlike a game of similar graphic style like Overwatch. It also runs incredibly well since it uses a “modern” engine (UE4) and was competently made.

The community is also very nice, and there are a lot of great steps to limit harassment like hiding your name and a robust ping system that allows you to bypass VC entirely. 

Speaking of VC, its the first time I’ve played this sort of game and heard women talk in VC without getting immediately insulted/mocked by crotch goblins and toxic misogynistic cunts, which is a pretty sad anecdote on the state of the “Gamer” community (more of a burning pit of toxic sludge than a community honestly).

So yeah if you’ve got friends who play this game, pick it up, its worth it

Frank

• Mods
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #4921 on: March 23, 2023, 06:42:15 AM »
i bought this during steam sale. it's incredibly funny:

Carrolls Chesthairs

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 118
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #4922 on: March 24, 2023, 01:59:04 PM »
Mentally playing Banjo-Kazooie right now since this came out

Blind Fisherman

« Reply #4923 on: March 24, 2023, 02:55:47 PM »
Just bought it, but I'm going to play the Resident Evil 4 remake after I get off work tonight. Cannot fucking wait to take down that chainsaw wielding fuck at the beginning.
UPDATE: It's great. Played for 2.5 hours last night without realizing it. Can't wait to play more tonight.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2023, 10:11:38 AM by Blind Fisherman »

turbo 2.0

• Rep: 52
« Reply #4924 on: March 25, 2023, 04:57:54 PM »
Tony Hawk’s American Wasteland has been in my PS2 since I bought one a couple months ago

Newphone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -513
« Reply #4925 on: March 26, 2023, 04:08:53 PM »
Just bought it, but I'm going to play the Resident Evil 4 remake after I get off work tonight. Cannot fucking wait to take down that chainsaw wielding fuck at the beginning.
UPDATE: It's great. Played for 2.5 hours last night without realizing it. Can't wait to play more tonight.

I played the original 4 a year ago, one of my favorites all time. 

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 986
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #4926 on: March 27, 2023, 09:33:20 AM »

Diablo IV on console

Blind Fisherman

« Reply #4927 on: March 27, 2023, 09:57:14 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I played the original 4 a year ago, one of my favorites all time.
I played the original a little over a year ago and loved it then. I love this one a little more just because the tank controls for the OG, while adding to the overall experience, was fucking annoying.

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 104
« Reply #4928 on: March 27, 2023, 12:04:49 PM »

Beat this yesterday, had a blast with it. Probably take a brake from it and come back in two weeks when Mercenaries mode drops.

Planning on starting Resident Evil Village tonight

frontsideNECKTIE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 210
  • Precision Posture
« Reply #4929 on: March 28, 2023, 09:04:40 AM »
Tony Hawk’s American Wasteland has been in my PS2 since I bought one a couple months ago

Loved the moveset in this game. Generic ass story, but fun gameplay.

I also loved THUG 2, sue me
Wow sorry, didn't realise I was dealing with a sick cunt here

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1930
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #4930 on: March 28, 2023, 07:11:31 PM »

My body is ready
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Jewel Runner

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 101
« Reply #4931 on: March 29, 2023, 04:11:52 AM »

My body is ready

Yooo those habilites are so cool especially the fuse

newguy

« Reply #4932 on: March 30, 2023, 02:03:32 AM »
Picked up Atomic Heart, I'm shocked this is their first game it gives triple A studios a serious run for their money.
Really love the combat once you pick up more abilities and turn into a one man army wrecking robots left and right, the dude you play is a huge dickhead and complains about everything but surprisingly he's grown on me and I actually find his ramblings kind of endearing. The art direction is amazing, I havent played many games with such an aesthetically coherent universe, the graphics are also impressive but if youve got a weaker PC you might struggle to run it (ive got an RTX 2070 and it sometimes struggles...). Story is decent, but not the main selling point, the stellar combat is. I'd place this game above others like Bioshock or Destiny solely because of the abilities, here's a sample:

ChompskyHonk

• Rep: 8
  • flow state in the bruh dimension
« Reply #4933 on: March 30, 2023, 07:45:54 AM »
been playing a lot of chivalry 2 since my gf hooked me up with a free 2 months of game pass. it's the perfect drunk game. only thing I miss is text chat because it's a port of the console version but I'll eventually get it on steam once the free game pass ends. I'm hype for the new Zelda game though, can't wait to have my switch double as a portable space heater

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 403
« Reply #4934 on: March 30, 2023, 12:16:56 PM »

My body is ready

so fucking excited for this. I haven't touched BOTW in some time, mainly bc I completed it and all the DLC stuff, but I may have to just pick it back up to polish the skills again before this comes out. It's probably the most hours I have in any single game of my lifetime.

frontsideNECKTIE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 210
  • Precision Posture
« Reply #4935 on: March 30, 2023, 12:47:54 PM »
Gonna keep on praising RDR2. Just finished the epilogue and started a new game the other night. The ending was a little expected but fitting none-the-less. Interested to see just how big of a dick Arthur is when you go for bad morality.

I have a copy of PS3 RDR 1 (never really got into that entry), but my console is too dirty or the disk drive is shot... would a local game shop be able to clean/address if the console is worth saving?
Wow sorry, didn't realise I was dealing with a sick cunt here

newguy

« Reply #4936 on: March 30, 2023, 03:47:31 PM »
Gonna keep on praising RDR2. Just finished the epilogue and started a new game the other night. The ending was a little expected but fitting none-the-less. Interested to see just how big of a dick Arthur is when you go for bad morality.

I have a copy of PS3 RDR 1 (never really got into that entry), but my console is too dirty or the disk drive is shot... would a local game shop be able to clean/address if the console is worth saving?

If you can find someone to hack it and plug it to a computer you might be able to install the game directly on it? the PS3 is pretty advanced from what i’ve seen and people have done crazy things with them for a while (the US Navy bought thousands, hooked them together and created a supercomputer lol)

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4937 on: March 31, 2023, 07:15:07 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

If you can find someone to hack it and plug it to a computer you might be able to install the game directly on it? the PS3 is pretty advanced from what i’ve seen and people have done crazy things with them for a while (the US Navy bought thousands, hooked them together and created a supercomputer lol)

Also if you have a good computer you could download the rom and play it in RPCS3, the PS3 emulator. There's even a way to use the disc with that emulator though I assume you need a Blu-ray drive of some sort.

Anything is fixable if you throw enough money at it but there's no way to be able to tell what the console would need until you tear into it, at a certain point it just gets cheaper to throw it out and buy another one
« Last Edit: March 31, 2023, 07:24:07 AM by Theme For A Jackal »

ChompskyHonk

• Rep: 8
  • flow state in the bruh dimension
« Reply #4938 on: March 31, 2023, 08:51:41 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Also if you have a good computer you could download the rom and play it in RPCS3, the PS3 emulator. There's even a way to use the disc with that emulator though I assume you need a Blu-ray drive of some sort.

Anything is fixable if you throw enough money at it but there's no way to be able to tell what the console would need until you tear into it, at a certain point it just gets cheaper to throw it out and buy another one

if you need a reliable place to get the iso file for the emulator check out https://vimm.net/vault/25436, it'll take forever to download but it's a reliable source for pretty much any major game release up to the ps3/xbox 360 era. if you're concerned about the game's compatibility with the emulator just reference https://rpcs3.net/compatibility?g=#jump

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4939 on: March 31, 2023, 08:55:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

if you need a reliable place to get the iso file for the emulator check out https://vimm.net/vault/25436, it'll take forever to download but it's a reliable source for pretty much any major game release up to the ps3/xbox 360 era. if you're concerned about the game's compatibility with the emulator just reference https://rpcs3.net/compatibility?g=#jump

Yeah Vimm's is the best, I've had a lot of issues trying to get PS3 roms from other sources that don't work or are in the wrong format. Worst part is they won't let you download more than one at a time but that's a minor gripe.

Carrolls Chesthairs

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 118
« Reply #4940 on: April 01, 2023, 06:21:36 AM »

I have a copy of PS3 RDR 1 (never really got into that entry),

Might be tough to tap back into it having done RDR2.
Nothing beats riding into Mexico for the first time though

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 677
« Reply #4941 on: April 01, 2023, 06:04:23 PM »
Expand Quote

I have a copy of PS3 RDR 1 (never really got into that entry),
[close]

Might be tough to tap back into it having done RDR2.
Nothing beats riding into Mexico for the first time though

One of my favorite video game moments ever… had no idea it was coming.
if the mods were wu-tang, dean would be cappadonna

newguy

« Reply #4942 on: April 02, 2023, 03:55:02 PM »
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1150760/Gloomwood/

highly recommend, super nostalgic and the mood is on point

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #4943 on: April 02, 2023, 11:42:25 PM »

definitely getting this at some point, huge fan of szymanski.

newguy

« Reply #4944 on: April 03, 2023, 07:49:31 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

definitely getting this at some point, huge fan of szymanski.

I finished the early access yesterday night, soooo good, can’t wait for more to be added, its worth a playthrough even in this very early stage. The sound design is also excellent

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 305
« Reply #4945 on: April 03, 2023, 08:15:12 AM »
I got Bayonetta 2 a few months ago. I really enjoyed the first one when it came out. Part 2 is probably “better” than the first one in a lot of ways but isn’t quite as joyous. It’s certainly not a new game at this point but it really feels like something from another era today.

newguy

« Reply #4946 on: April 03, 2023, 08:40:02 AM »
Oh yeah and Pizza Tower is completely insane, play it

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 144
« Reply #4947 on: April 04, 2023, 02:30:17 PM »
Sifu got a new update …been replaying this and tsushima on kurosawa mode

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 156
« Reply #4948 on: April 06, 2023, 02:12:01 PM »
I finally convinced myself to get a PS5 after not owning my own console system since high school. I've been trying to limit myself a bit until the end of this semester, but I'm starting out with God of War, Modern Warfare 2, Elden Ring, Tsushima and FIFA.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

newguy

« Reply #4949 on: April 07, 2023, 08:06:56 AM »
I keep going back to rising storm 2 Vietnam, the gunplay is just too good