Author Topic: What was the last video game you played?  (Read 558276 times)

Willie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 304
Re: What was the last video game you played?
« Reply #3600 on: November 04, 2019, 10:10:50 AM »
Is there any reason to play Bioshock Infinite if I was only “meh” with the first game (loved the first 20 minutes though).

I keep seeing copies for like $2.00

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -717
« Reply #3601 on: November 04, 2019, 10:55:12 AM »
Is there any reason to play Bioshock Infinite if I was only “meh” with the first game (loved the first 20 minutes though).

I keep seeing copies for like $2.00

It's alright for 2 bucks but ain't got shit on 1. If it was called something else it would be better. But there are way too many stupid mechanics I hated.

7th Chamber

« Reply #3602 on: November 04, 2019, 11:52:06 AM »
Expand Quote
Luigi’s mansion 3.
[close]

I can’t believe this already outsold links awakening.
🤷‍♂️ I like it.

Audrey II

• Rep: 14183
« Reply #3603 on: November 04, 2019, 03:34:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Luigi’s mansion 3.
[close]

I can’t believe this already outsold links awakening.
[close]
🤷‍♂️ I like it.

Nah nah I don’t mean it like that, it’s a really good game, I got to play a bit this weekend. I’m just surprised it became the fastest selling switch game upon release this year.
You got questions? Ask me like a fucking man. You know my Insta.

50mm

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 290
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
« Reply #3604 on: November 04, 2019, 08:06:46 PM »
I know I’ve been playing a lot of Overwatch lately but I just realized HOW fucking much. Besides one week I’ve been playing regularly since like June. My girlfriend started playing video games so it’s been pretty sick.

soulcry77

• Rep: 0
« Reply #3605 on: November 06, 2019, 10:44:17 PM »
Red Dead Redemption 2 on PC ;)

Hmmmm Nice Bike

« Reply #3606 on: November 07, 2019, 09:02:20 AM »
I've caught a cold, so I've just been playing Red Dead 2 Online for like the past 3 days nonstop like a dork.

50mm

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3607 on: November 07, 2019, 09:11:24 AM »
Red Dead Redemption 2 on PC ;)
Hows it running for you? I’m getting temporary freezes about once every couple minutes. Hopefully a patch comes out before I get home tonight or I’m gonna try a software work around I saw. I’m on a quad core i5, seems like those are most effected by freezing.

theSketchLord

• Rep: 41
    • https://images.scribblelive.com/2021/1/4/ca9a0ca8-586d-41e3-ad94-131825707ea0.gif avatar image
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3608 on: November 08, 2019, 07:30:01 AM »
New Japan Pro Wrestling on the Wonderswan, decided to do a small videogame zine was looking for an obscure game to review.
"Broke the tail, like a well oiled snail"

50mm

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3609 on: November 08, 2019, 07:38:10 AM »
Got Red Dead 2 running on my PC with a software work around late last night.

That game is so fucking sick, looks amazing, played for an hour or two until I had to sleep.

theSketchLord

• Rep: 41
    • https://images.scribblelive.com/2021/1/4/ca9a0ca8-586d-41e3-ad94-131825707ea0.gif avatar image
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3610 on: November 08, 2019, 11:19:55 AM »

That game is so fucking sick, looks amazing, played for an hour or two until I had to sleep.

It's probably the main game that makes me wish I had a current gen console and the internet.
"Broke the tail, like a well oiled snail"

Audrey II

« Reply #3611 on: November 08, 2019, 11:23:19 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

It's probably the main game that makes me wish I had a current gen console and the internet.

sounds like you need one of these

50mm

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3612 on: November 08, 2019, 01:39:25 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Waited all that time for the game to come out and then I held out an extra year for the PC port. Almost bought a PS4 a year ago to play it. PC port is all fucked up with bugs that make mine freeze but I found a program to fix it until a patch.

os89

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1177
« Reply #3613 on: November 08, 2019, 01:46:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
Waited all that time for the game to come out and then I held out an extra year for the PC port. Almost bought a PS4 a year ago to play it. PC port is all fucked up with bugs that make mine freeze but I found a program to fix it until a patch.

Bought and played through it when it came out for ps4. One of the best games and just plain stories I have ever encountered. Better than the first for sure, even though that is up there as well haha. I'm going to wait another year and probably play through it again.

P.S. If you want maxed out hair and beard length, you MUST drink the hair tonic and a lot of it... It took almost my whole fucking play through to get the beard and mustache max length. And I bought the fucking hair tonic a lot! Also you can dress Arthur up pretty much identical to Woody from Toy Story if you want haha.

Yu Dum

« Reply #3614 on: November 11, 2019, 02:59:18 PM »
Been playing the Resident Evil 2 HD remake for PS4, and man... I've never been one for horror games, but I'm having a blast between being terrified and filled with anxiety from hiding from the Tyrant.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1473
  • Illusion Flip
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #3615 on: November 12, 2019, 12:37:04 PM »
I've been collecting dino DNA and battling them in Jurassic World Alive since pokemon go got stale for me. I still Pogo, but not nearly as much.

Audrey II

« Reply #3616 on: November 15, 2019, 09:26:29 AM »
Anyone getting the new star wars game? Curious how it is

os89

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3617 on: November 16, 2019, 10:30:58 AM »
Anyone getting the new star wars game? Curious how it is

I might just rent it at redbox. Just because it seems to it only be 10-20 hours depending on the difficulty and if you collect everything. I'll probably play right through it on normal. I also never feel the need to get trophies and I don't think there is multiplayer, I have SWBF2 for that anyway.

I'll post back if I do play it

Edit: So I rented it. So far it's pretty awesome. Looks amazing and it is much more of a dungeon crawler than I expected. Mixed with uncharted type traversal. Also love the main character is a redhead like me. That usually never happens. It's the dude from the show shameless which is pretty funny, he does a good job. Also like customizing the lightsaber and the droid you have is pretty cute too. Movement and stuff does remind me of SWBF2 but that's expected since both are EA
« Last Edit: November 16, 2019, 07:58:33 PM by os89 »

Yu Dum

« Reply #3618 on: November 20, 2019, 11:51:36 AM »
Beat Leon's story in RE2 yesterday. Started Claire's right after. Still just as exciting the second time around. Just a little less terrifying since I'm not stuck in the police station hiding from the Tyrant at every goddamned corner.
Disappointed by Leon's ending, though. Just a small "fight" (basically just avoiding him until the rocket launcher arrives) against the Super Tyrant that ends pretty fucking fast in regards to literally everything else.

DanTheDoucher

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -195
« Reply #3619 on: November 20, 2019, 01:51:42 PM »
Played a bunch of Street Fighter 2: Turbo matches against my 8 year old daughter last night on SNES Classic (her idea, btw).

I tried to let her win a few but it was so boring, so I started destroying her. She proceeded to quit, which I expected.

FUCK YOU
not stoked on orcas today. leave the whales alone. big ass black and white motherfuckers. free willy can suck my dick

os89

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3620 on: November 20, 2019, 05:05:59 PM »
So I beat star wars fallen order. Pretty cool. Very much a dungeon crawler though.

I would wait until it's on sale unless you just have to play it. Story is good but not great. Fun gameplay and good graphics besides frame rate drops. Maps are kind of like souls games in that you see them all connect but have to come back around to parts later to get to them.

Also uncharted type of swinging, sliding and climbing traversal. Only collectables are poncho colorways, saber parts and paint jobs for your droid.

I love star wars and I would give this an honest 7.5/10.

Overall not what I expected, but has a nice starwars atmosphere and is fun. Cons. Wish you could pilot some ships and there were more battles with other people wielding sabers and less flying bats and zombies.

Yu Dum

« Reply #3621 on: November 26, 2019, 09:28:21 AM »
Started playing Little Big Planet 3 with my wife the other day. I'd never played any of the other LBP games before, but I found myself being fully immersed into the light, fun environment. Getting lost just fucking around with character mechanics and design. All around a lovely play even though we just got to the second level. Excited to continue later this week.
On a different note...anyone else really into survival horror games? Been getting pretty deep into the genre lately, but I need some suggestions on what to play next.

Carrolls Chesthairs

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 118
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #3622 on: November 27, 2019, 05:48:16 PM »
On a different note...anyone else really into survival horror games? Been getting pretty deep into the genre lately, but I need some suggestions on what to play next.

Left for dead series
Last of us

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3623 on: November 27, 2019, 10:44:35 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Left for dead series
Last of us

The behemoths: Silent Hill 1-3.

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 304
« Reply #3624 on: November 29, 2019, 06:30:37 AM »
Played a bunch of Street Fighter 2: Turbo matches against my 8 year old daughter last night on SNES Classic (her idea, btw).

I tried to let her win a few but it was so boring, so I started destroying her. She proceeded to quit, which I expected.

I’ve done the same to my 8 year old boy. He’s gets mad when I let him win but can’t take it when I beat him. Then asks something like “why can’t I beat you?”

Because you didn’t waste years of your life on 2d fighters, dummy.

Bought God of War reboot and Nioh on Black Friday sales but am going to save them for Christmas.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2019, 06:49:26 AM by Willie »

Yu Dum

« Reply #3625 on: November 29, 2019, 10:53:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Left for dead series
Last of us
[close]

Played L4D 1 & 2 when they dropped originally. Very fun.
Started TLOU not too long ago, but I can't seem to get immersed in it.
Started Silent Hill HD collection yesterday, actually. Started w/ 2.
Still playing RE2. Beat Claire's story yesterday. Beat Leon's a week ago. Starting Second Story mode this weekend. I think I might be a little obsessed with scaring the shit out of myself at the moment.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3626 on: November 29, 2019, 04:48:29 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Left for dead series
Last of us
[close]

[close]
Still playing RE2. Beat Claire's story yesterday. Beat Leon's a week ago. Starting Second Story mode this weekend. I think I might be a little obsessed with scaring the shit out of myself at the moment.

Fuck, bro... HD Collection is the worst version available...

Slugboi22

• Rep: 62
« Reply #3627 on: November 29, 2019, 09:05:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Left for dead series
Last of us
[close]

[close]
Gotta get RE7! Aliens Isolation is pretty good. If you have PC, Lost in Vivo is awesome! I got lots haha

Yu Dum

« Reply #3628 on: November 30, 2019, 08:42:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Left for dead series
Last of us
[close]

[close]
[close]

Fuck, bro... HD Collection is the worst version available...
Yeah, I've come to that realization about ten minutes in. I gave up on that.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Left for dead series
Last of us
[close]

[close]
[close]
Gotta get RE7! Aliens Isolation is pretty good. If you have PC, Lost in Vivo is awesome! I got lots haha
Definitely going to get RE7 as soon as I finish RE2 again. I've also heard great things about Aliens Isolation. Gonna give that a go when I really feel like shitting my pants.
Heard they're remaking RE3 with Nemesis. So fucking stoked.

os89

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3629 on: December 05, 2019, 02:47:04 PM »
Got "Control" today. Hope it's as cool as it looks. It was 50% of black friday. Inspired by in part, the book "house of leaves" with the creepy, living, moving building thing. Also seems like the movie cabin in the woods to me with weird shit all together in one government building among other things.

Has anyone else played it? I'll report back in a few days.