Author Topic: What was the last video game you played?  (Read 562067 times)

Yu Dum

Re: What was the last video game you played?
« Reply #3750 on: January 28, 2020, 05:21:51 AM »
I've been fiddling around with my modded PS Vita lately, it has 128gb memory and a ton of emulators installed. I can play mostly anything from these systems on my handheld(NES,SNES,N64,GBA,Sega Genesis, PS1, PSP and PS Vita), although the N64 emulator doesn't run games so well, but Mario Kart 64 and Super Mario 64 run well enough.

Anyone have any recommendations on what games I should be checking out? I'm gonna be out of the country soon for a few months and my Vita is gonna be my main source of entertainment when I'm not out and about.
My obvious recommendation will be any and every legend of Zelda game you can get your hands on, but I’ve been a huge nerd for the series since I was like 5.

50mm

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 280
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
« Reply #3751 on: January 28, 2020, 06:10:16 AM »
Playing Red Dead 2 on PC right now before I go to work. I try to sleep extra earlier and wake up extra early, leave all the lights out, smoke, eat, turn on the heater. Then all I gotta do is shower and get dressed. I guess that’s what most adults do? But I do it mostly to get on the computer in the morning. Red Dead is so chill to start your day.

Willie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #3752 on: January 28, 2020, 06:27:40 AM »
God Of War PS4 was $10 well spent. Pacing was a little goofy - everything grinds to a halt when you do side quests and a lot have a lousy payoff. Still trying to finish up the extra challenge levels but they honestly aren’t much fun.

All in all it was fun to take a break from the Souls games and play something easy and pretty.

os89

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1182
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3753 on: January 29, 2020, 12:55:16 PM »
I usually don't like straight up shooters, but I just wanted to run around a cool looking world and blast away some bad guys without thinking too much. Got division 2 on sale. Been playing just offline solo. I have just as much fun checking out all the landmarks in DC and shit than fighting haha. Pretty chill game but not much too it besides run, clear baddies, get loot, repeat. It's nice to just tune out and run around after so many other intensive, actually have to think, games.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1190
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #3754 on: January 29, 2020, 06:19:31 PM »
Outer Wilds.  Ive played for an hour or two and have no clue what I’m doing.  Mainly just bumping into shit and going in the opposite direction from where I want to be going.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

southee24047

• Rep: -1
« Reply #3755 on: January 29, 2020, 06:35:41 PM »
I played last video game is legend of zelda and This is my favourite game.

Carrolls Chesthairs

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 120
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #3756 on: January 30, 2020, 06:46:36 PM »
fascinating

Garth Marenghi

« Reply #3757 on: January 31, 2020, 10:56:45 PM »
Was going to try out Doom Sigil (in Brutal/GZDoom) but got lost in a maze of custom wads and .sh file extensions. Don't have Windows installed atm so had to give up in OS X. I could run it as a standalone wad but finding out about wadsmoosh made me greedy.

https://doomwiki.org/wiki/SIGIL

os89

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1182
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3758 on: February 01, 2020, 04:06:32 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
fascinating

I like turtles.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #3759 on: February 02, 2020, 05:31:27 AM »
i started playing escape from tarkov.

shit might be too intense for me tbh.

hmmmokay

« Reply #3760 on: February 02, 2020, 06:30:41 PM »
Recently started getting back into Days Gone after a very long hiatus. I spoiled myself on watching a lot of gameplay before I got the game (or a PS4 for that matter, had a lot of time to kill when I worked at a dwindling shop and somehow found myself on a YouTube hole of gameplay videos) so I think that once I started playing I got, not bored but maybe impatient, with both the story progression and overall feel of the game. Coming back now it’s so much better and having forgotten a lot of what I saw from gameplay it’s much more enjoyable overall. Never-mind the fact that the world they created is beautiful.

drunk guy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #3761 on: February 03, 2020, 06:47:26 AM »
persona 5. Cant believe I waited this long to jump into this series

Hevonen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 18
« Reply #3762 on: February 03, 2020, 08:00:43 AM »
Wanted to play Lego Racers 2 so bad when it came out, but never got to. Thought of it yesterday for whatever reason and downloaded it after almost two decades. Very disappointed, I like the open world but racing feels awful and not fun at all. Weapons and power-ups are wack. 1st one is def better

Charlie Hustle

« Reply #3763 on: February 03, 2020, 10:56:37 AM »
Been playing Stardew Valley on the Switch pretty much nightly before bed. Calms the nerves...

Carrolls Chesthairs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 120
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #3764 on: February 03, 2020, 04:30:40 PM »
Wanted to play Lego Racers 2 so bad when it came out, but never got to. Thought of it yesterday for whatever reason and downloaded it after almost two decades. Very disappointed, I like the open world but racing feels awful and not fun at all. Weapons and power-ups are wack. 1st one is def better
That's a shame.
I stopped Lego games after this masterpiece.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -717
« Reply #3765 on: February 03, 2020, 10:34:02 PM »

When I have 100+ hours over, I'll get to it.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 142
« Reply #3766 on: February 04, 2020, 10:55:30 AM »

It was the topic of everything Anime Expo when it came out...I just started it since it came out on PS Now.

Altus games are pretty fun, i enjoyed Catherine

Audrey II

• Rep: 14183
« Reply #3767 on: February 04, 2020, 11:55:43 AM »
been trying to run this game again, got a decent (for me anyway) loop 1 at 18:26. trying to get the 2 loops (full game) beat in under 40 min but i usually fuck something up in the second loop, so until then i submitted this 1 loop play through on speedrun.com.

anyone else speedrun or have a game they probably could speedrun?
« Last Edit: February 04, 2020, 07:05:58 PM by Audrey II »
You got questions? Ask me like a fucking man. You know my Insta.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1190
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #3768 on: February 04, 2020, 06:55:36 PM »
been trying to run this game again, got a decent (for me anyway) loop 1 at 19:32. trying to get the 2 loops (full game) beat in under 40 min but i usually fuck something up in the second loop, so until then i submitted this 1 loop play through on speedrun.com.

I think they can be pretty interesting, especially when they take a game you’re really familiar with and completely gut it and turn it inside out.

I don’t think I’d have the patience to actually do it though. 

Plus, I couldn’t ever beat super ghouls and ghosts the normal way back in the day, let alone do some fancy-pants speed run.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

Garth Marenghi

« Reply #3769 on: February 04, 2020, 10:23:35 PM »
Was going to try out Doom Sigil (in Brutal/GZDoom) but got lost in a maze of custom wads and .sh file extensions. Don't have Windows installed atm so had to give up in OS X. I could run it as a standalone wad but finding out about wadsmoosh made me greedy.

https://doomwiki.org/wiki/SIGIL

Set up Windows and finally tried this. Fun, and challenging! Might as well try out the master levels and see if I ever finished Plutonia experiment or TNT: Evilution.

The brutal doom creator is a fucking clown, though:
https://www.doomworld.com/forum/topic/98551-brutal-doom-wins-mod-of-the-year-on-mod-db/?page=4&tab=comments#comment-1833099

https://www.reddit.com/r/Doom/comments/2y23eb/the_brutal_doom_fiasco/?utm_source=amp&utm_medium=&utm_content=post_body
« Last Edit: February 05, 2020, 12:08:37 AM by Garth Marenghi »

Audrey II

• Rep: 14183
« Reply #3770 on: February 05, 2020, 05:29:33 AM »
Expand Quote
been trying to run this game again, got a decent (for me anyway) loop 1 at 19:32. trying to get the 2 loops (full game) beat in under 40 min but i usually fuck something up in the second loop, so until then i submitted this 1 loop play through on speedrun.com.

[close]

I think they can be pretty interesting, especially when they take a game you’re really familiar with and completely gut it and turn it inside out.

I don’t think I’d have the patience to actually do it though. 

Plus, I couldn’t ever beat super ghouls and ghosts the normal way back in the day, let alone do some fancy-pants speed run.

haha its annoying constantly resetting the game when you fuck up something stupid but its a cool way to do leaderboards for games. after seeing agdq events for years it made me wanna try again. this run got accepted so that puts me at 3rd in the country and 13th worldwide.

god damn im a dork.
You got questions? Ask me like a fucking man. You know my Insta.

Yu Dum

« Reply #3771 on: February 05, 2020, 08:01:24 AM »
Found my copy of Resident Evil 2 for PS4 in one of our bags of DVDs last night. Decided to play again since it has been some months and I'm fucking LOST. I can't remember what the hell I'm supposed to be doing. Still fun, though. Can't wait for RE3: Nemesis.

fakie nollie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1057
« Reply #3772 on: February 11, 2020, 10:31:36 AM »
I'm replaying Fallen Order to get 100% completion (all maps fully discovered, boxes etc.). My first time, I strictly followed the objectives and didn't revisit planets as my force powers expanded. Knowing all the maps and where to go when has been pretty fun this time around.

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #3773 on: February 11, 2020, 03:38:50 PM »
Started playing Nioh and I’m having a hard time giving a shit about it.

It’s doesn’t quite play like a Fromsoft title but it’s also not smooth and exhilarating like a Platinum game or the 3D Ninja Gaiden games. Struggling with the controls because they are an annoying amalgam of the two genres and not fully customizable.

theSketchLord

• Rep: 41
    • https://images.scribblelive.com/2021/1/4/ca9a0ca8-586d-41e3-ad94-131825707ea0.gif avatar image
« Reply #3774 on: February 12, 2020, 03:09:21 AM »
Decided to finally have a go on LA Noir on the Switch, had a 3 and a half hour download.
By the time that was done I was bored and forgot to actually play it.
"Broke the tail, like a well oiled snail"

Hmmmm Nice Bike

« Reply #3775 on: February 13, 2020, 01:23:14 AM »
Wolf Among Us. It's the first time in awhile I've played a Telltale game.

gyros4heroes

• Rep: -27
« Reply #3776 on: February 13, 2020, 06:11:54 AM »
minesweeper

TwisT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1073
« Reply #3777 on: February 13, 2020, 08:36:24 AM »
I bought Ring Fit Adventure for Nintendo Switch Switch.

some of the stuff in that game is no joke.

50mm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 280
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
« Reply #3778 on: February 13, 2020, 12:44:03 PM »
For some reason I only like playing RDR2 early in the morning. It's very relaxing to drink my coffee and play a little before work. I wont spoil it for anyone who hasn't played it but how the game changes after a while into the story got me stoked on it after being so bored for a while.

king_in_the_north

• Rep: 27
  • I'm not liquid john
« Reply #3779 on: February 14, 2020, 05:57:51 AM »
Been playing Stardew Valley on the Switch pretty much nightly before bed. Calms the nerves...
Hell ya, most relaxing game ever. Have you heard about that witchbrook game chucklefish is working on?
also if you read my whole facebook timeline from back in 2007 then this will also prove that magic is real.