Author Topic: What was the last video game you played?  (Read 556214 times)

Yu Dum

Re: What was the last video game you played?
« Reply #4140 on: August 28, 2020, 07:49:15 AM »
If ever you dreamed of being a samurai, then this game is damn near a simulation of what it would be like.
100%, you should pick it up, my friend. @os89

theSketchLord

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 41
    • https://images.scribblelive.com/2021/1/4/ca9a0ca8-586d-41e3-ad94-131825707ea0.gif avatar image
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4141 on: September 02, 2020, 10:34:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Astral Chain on Switch.
Odd cos' I fucking love Platinum's releases usually but just couldn't bet into this.
[close]

I wondered about that one. I still need to play Bayonetta 2 and Nier.

I loved the first Bayonetta and Metal Gear Rising.

Maybe I need to get a bit more into it but the controls just seemed all over the place.
Although it could be cos' I'm getting old and don't have the hand/eye co-ordination of 20 year old me.

Have you played Vanquish? That was my top game of the last gen.
"Broke the tail, like a well oiled snail"

alanfriesen

• Rep: 0
« Reply #4142 on: September 03, 2020, 12:52:16 AM »
Resident Evil 2. The title might be old, but this is effectively a brand-new game. The camera is no longer in a fixed position. The graphics (and audio) have been significantly upgraded, but they have also been given a new sense of realism.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -718
« Reply #4143 on: September 03, 2020, 03:43:20 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Astral Chain on Switch.
Odd cos' I fucking love Platinum's releases usually but just couldn't bet into this.
[close]

I wondered about that one. I still need to play Bayonetta 2 and Nier.

I loved the first Bayonetta and Metal Gear Rising.
[close]

Maybe I need to get a bit more into it but the controls just seemed all over the place.
Although it could be cos' I'm getting old and don't have the hand/eye co-ordination of 20 year old me.

Have you played Vanquish? That was my top game of the last gen.

Vanquish was soo much fun! No idea why they even bothered with having a story.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1962
« Reply #4144 on: September 08, 2020, 06:15:10 AM »
Started replaying Zelda: Link Between Worlds the other day and I forgot how goddamn good it was. Severely underrated Zelda title.

After getting distracted and forgetting to finish it, I beat LBW yesterday and it was still great. It's put me back into a Zelda mood so I just started a new file in Majora's Mask. (the 3DS remake)

FatTony

• Rep: -5
« Reply #4145 on: September 09, 2020, 12:09:06 PM »
Been playing OG xbox again. Almost done this game called prisoner of war, shits underrated

goingapelikenigo

• Rep: 89
  • please don't be a hero
« Reply #4146 on: September 09, 2020, 01:33:50 PM »
Been sick for like 2 weeks so I've started playing Final Fantasy XIV again, 20+ levels in and it's okay right now but I hope it gets better.

Yu Dum

« Reply #4147 on: September 09, 2020, 02:07:18 PM »
Been sick for like 2 weeks so I've started playing Final Fantasy XIV again, 20+ levels in and it's okay right now but I hope it gets better.
Hope you get well soon. Did you get tested for COVID?
Also, saw that on PSNow, but decided against it after watching gameplay. Came across as more tedious than anything.

goingapelikenigo

• please don't be a hero
« Reply #4148 on: September 09, 2020, 10:26:41 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Hope you get well soon. Did you get tested for COVID?
Also, saw that on PSNow, but decided against it after watching gameplay. Came across as more tedious than anything.

Thank you man, already feeling better! Nah, In Sweden you only get tested if you're in a risk group (unless you're testing for antibodies).

Yeah it's the typical MMO type combat, I'm kinda enjoying it but I hope it gets more complex.

imposter

• Rep: -63
« Reply #4149 on: September 12, 2020, 01:27:40 PM »
Madden 16

Garth Marenghi

« Reply #4150 on: September 13, 2020, 01:04:51 AM »
Finally had some off time and started Blasphemous. Mostly dying at the moment due to going in the "wrong" direction.

goingapelikenigo

• please don't be a hero
« Reply #4151 on: September 13, 2020, 08:41:19 AM »
Finally had some off time and started Blasphemous. Mostly dying at the moment due to going in the "wrong" direction.

Saw this on the eshop and thought that the art was hella cool, heard it's kinda like a 2d Dark Souls.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4152 on: September 14, 2020, 03:04:46 AM »

Dying because of your sins...Sinner...

Yu Dum

« Reply #4153 on: September 14, 2020, 02:39:12 PM »
Friend of mine sold me his GameCube the other day. Can't wait to play Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, and Metroid Prime series again.

Nintendo really needs to step up and just port those over to the Switch...maybe not WW, but TP and Metroid Prime for sure.

Carrolls Chesthairs

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 117
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #4154 on: September 16, 2020, 02:03:54 PM »
Friend of mine sold me his GameCube the other day. Can't wait to play Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, and Metroid Prime series again.

Nintendo really needs to step up and just port those over to the Switch...maybe not WW, but TP and Metroid Prime for sure.
WW port would be cool but I imagine their next focus will be on skyward sword or an all-stars esque pack.

Yu Dum

« Reply #4155 on: September 16, 2020, 02:34:50 PM »
I truly hope they leave Skyward Sword alone completely. That is one of the only Zelda games I played through once and never wanted to pick up again.

I could see them focusing solely on BOTW 2 and holding off on any ports until that's finished.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1962
« Reply #4156 on: September 21, 2020, 07:53:24 AM »
Next year is Zelda's 35th anniversary so people are speculating a similar All Star Pack as we got with Mario. If it included Wind Waker and Twilight Princess I would never have to set up my Wii-U ever again lol.

speaking of 35th anniversary, I got the Mario collection and am playing through Mario 64. I kinda wish they did just a little bit of updating for its quality of life (but the controls are pretty clunky all these years later) but I'm still having a great time.

os89

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1177
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4157 on: September 21, 2020, 08:05:50 AM »
speaking of 35th anniversary, I got the Mario collection and am playing through Mario 64. I kinda wish they did just a little bit of updating for its quality of life (but the controls are pretty clunky all these years later) but I'm still having a great time.

Jealous.

I’ll have to wait another week or so before I can get it. No fair!

Yu Dum

« Reply #4158 on: September 21, 2020, 12:43:04 PM »
Next year is Zelda's 35th anniversary so people are speculating a similar All Star Pack as we got with Mario. If it included Wind Waker and Twilight Princess I would never have to set up my Wii-U ever again lol.

I'm waiting for the next pay period to get the All Star pack for Mario, but I'm still holding on to hope that they'll include TP, Majora's Mask(OG), and WW for the 35th anniversary for Zelda.

bigdave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 180
« Reply #4159 on: September 21, 2020, 02:00:11 PM »
I fuck with a little Overwatch or mario games with my kids.
ok thanks

goingapelikenigo

• please don't be a hero
« Reply #4160 on: September 22, 2020, 01:00:20 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
I'm waiting for the next pay period to get the All Star pack for Mario, but I'm still holding on to hope that they'll include TP, Majora's Mask(OG), and WW for the 35th anniversary for Zelda.

Same for me, just waiting to get paid.

Zelda 3D All Stars would be super sick. They’ve already Remastered a bunch, just put em on the switch.

fakie nollie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1044
« Reply #4161 on: September 22, 2020, 03:55:07 PM »
Got the mario pack. Never played mario 64 as a kid but it's pretty fun. Oddly simple for some stars and infuriating for others. Controls do suck and fuck that stupid floating camera mother fucker. I want to pick it up out of the sky and strangle it.

Woo!

shucknjive

• Rep: -39
« Reply #4162 on: September 22, 2020, 04:36:26 PM »
OUTER WORLDS
mArLeY

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4163 on: September 22, 2020, 10:28:16 PM »
^They just released DLC for Outer Worlds but my interest has droped.

moneymoneymoney

« Reply #4164 on: September 23, 2020, 04:40:35 AM »
picked up a genesis and in the process of hacking my ps1 to play burned games. preparing for another covid lockdown, if not itll give me something to do since i deep fried my ankle and cant skate for at least the rest of the year.

Carrolls Chesthairs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 117
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #4165 on: September 23, 2020, 04:30:55 PM »
Got the mario pack. Never played mario 64 as a kid but it's pretty fun. Oddly simple for some stars and infuriating for others. Controls do suck and fuck that stupid floating camera mother fucker. I want to pick it up out of the sky and strangle it.

Woo!

64 is the best unintentional parkour game

diogenesofkokomo

• Rep: 21
« Reply #4166 on: September 28, 2020, 02:04:07 AM »
Just got a PS4 cause winter is looming and covid ain't going anywhere anytime soon. Been making up for lost time with Red Dead 2 and Spider Man. I'd played a little Red Dead so I knew that was dope, but this is my first time playing Spider Man and its such a perfect god damn game.

Garth Marenghi

« Reply #4167 on: September 28, 2020, 09:07:17 AM »

Same. Haven't had the patience to try out the Blasphemous dlc, either.

diogenesofkokomo

• Rep: 21
« Reply #4168 on: September 28, 2020, 09:59:43 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Same. Haven't had the patience to try out the Blasphemous dlc, either.

Yeah, after playing through a couple times I can't be bothered to do the DLC. It's a fun game and everything, but it was kind of underwhelming.

os89

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1177
« Reply #4169 on: September 28, 2020, 02:33:31 PM »
Thanks to my wonderful fiancée of course, I just got Super Mario 3D All-Stars and the Crash Bandicoot Trilogy a bit ago. Going to dive in this evening. I am fucking hyped. Played them all at the time, besides sunshine and galaxy. Stoked to see what they're about.