Author Topic: What was the last video game you played?  (Read 556550 times)

Hevonen

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 16
Re: What was the last video game you played?
« Reply #4230 on: December 04, 2020, 06:45:47 AM »
James Bond Nightfire on PC. Had it as a kid and think I never got past the first level back then. Old games really are so much harder and more confusing, which I kinda really enjoy. Went straight for the hardest difficulty and now I'm stuck with the boss battle in the japan level. Tried it for like three hours straight and it's pretty frustrating since there's no health bar so I have no idea if I'm even close to killing that fucker or if I'm doing something wrong or if the game is bugged. Anyone got any tips for that?

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 97
« Reply #4231 on: December 04, 2020, 10:22:29 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Anyone getting cyberpunk? I have it pre-ordered, but I also have set my expectations pretty low so I won't be too disappointed.
[close]

If it's good, definitely.
[close]

Yeah, I will. But no way will it be better than Deus Ex HR/MD.

To be fair they're going for a different experience, Cyberpunk is going to be more like a sci-fi Elder Scrolls type game

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -718
« Reply #4232 on: December 04, 2020, 10:18:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Anyone getting cyberpunk? I have it pre-ordered, but I also have set my expectations pretty low so I won't be too disappointed.
[close]

[close]

[close]

To be fair they're going for a different experience, Cyberpunk is going to be more like a sci-fi Elder Scrolls type game

You're right. Sadly, games of this type are so rare I have to lump them together.

shitsandwich

• Rep: -53
« Reply #4233 on: December 04, 2020, 10:31:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Oh my god that sounds amazing

Pretty much the only game I play is smash ultimate

pops

• Rep: 220
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #4234 on: December 05, 2020, 11:28:13 AM »

Well it's one of my favorites and I come back to it every once in a while.

Also, Halo 4 multiplayer is out now on PC and having a blast with it.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2020, 11:14:33 PM by pops »

Garth Marenghi

« Reply #4235 on: December 06, 2020, 12:34:57 AM »
Hades is awesome. Trying to collect all boons (and as many achievements as possible) on a first playthrough has made it a bit too repetitive, though. Had to take a break.

Wanted to like Deus Ex HR/MD so bad but I remember just being relieved when it was over. Could be the stealthy pacifist way I chose to play it. Then again, did the same thing with Dishonored and it was a genuinely enjoyable experience.

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
« Reply #4236 on: December 06, 2020, 10:34:38 PM »
hitman 2016 was free on epic games store a while back and finally got around to installing it.  really enjoying it so far.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4237 on: December 07, 2020, 04:05:19 AM »
Wanted to like Deus Ex HR/MD so bad but I remember just being relieved when it was over. Could be the stealthy pacifist way I chose to play it. Then again, did the same thing with Dishonored and it was a genuinely enjoyable experience.

Strange, as that is by far the best experience. Gund blazing is not really encouraged.

Oh, well, DE is not for everybody.

theSketchLord

• Rep: 41
    • https://images.scribblelive.com/2021/1/4/ca9a0ca8-586d-41e3-ad94-131825707ea0.gif avatar image
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4238 on: December 08, 2020, 10:10:27 AM »
Cool Boarders 2 on the PS2 at home today and PUBG on the mobile pretty much all night tonight at work.
"Broke the tail, like a well oiled snail"

Garth Marenghi

« Reply #4239 on: December 08, 2020, 10:59:32 PM »
Think I'll wait for the dust to settle/bug fixes before I buy Cyberpunk and in the meantime try out Slasher's Keep:
https://youtu.be/L2YtQAayXEg

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 97
« Reply #4240 on: December 09, 2020, 02:41:29 PM »
Had the last few days off work and played Demons Souls PS5 basically non-stop to get the platinum trophy. Getting Cyberpunk tomorrow but I'm almost more interested in this new Yakuza game but I'm going to hold off because the PS4 saves won't transfer to the PS5 version when it drops so I'll just wait for that.

InternetDaddy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
  • sup breh
« Reply #4241 on: December 09, 2020, 08:41:08 PM »
Put a couple hours into Cyberpunk and I'm really digging it so far. Still figuring things out, and I need to tweak some settings to get it running a little smoother, but I think I'm gonna get a lot of playtime out of this.
Look I'm not selling anything that doesn't have my jizz on it. I don't care how much is offered.

Garth Marenghi

« Reply #4242 on: December 10, 2020, 04:51:37 AM »
Apparently not even 1080p is going to run properly on an rx580. Guess I'll have to skip it for the time being.

Ilya Oblomov

• Rep: 14
« Reply #4243 on: December 10, 2020, 08:24:09 AM »
Warhammer 40K Mechanicus: Heretek

The ending was pretty abrupt. I'm going to play again, but this time avoid the final mission. I was nowhere near filling out the entire roster so I didn't think I was close to finsihing the story,

Mesteezo

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Rep: 65
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #4244 on: December 10, 2020, 12:30:02 PM »
Just bought the Ancient Gods Pt 1 DLC for Doom Eternal. Only beat the first level so far and holy shit this is intense, constantly gotta keep moving and shooting, or else you die.

theSketchLord

• https://images.scribblelive.com/2021/1/4/ca9a0ca8-586d-41e3-ad94-131825707ea0.gif avatar image
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4245 on: December 15, 2020, 04:07:47 AM »
Quickly started the Warriors on PS2 this afternoon before work, into is superb.

Garth Marenghi

« Reply #4246 on: December 21, 2020, 01:27:48 AM »
Void Bastards. Escaped the nebula once. There's a lot of interesting challenges left to warrant a few more playthroughs.

theSketchLord

« Reply #4247 on: December 22, 2020, 04:35:22 AM »
Started Max Payne on PS2 today.
Could be in my top 5 games of all time.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #4248 on: December 22, 2020, 05:22:40 AM »
i started playing the old ps3 era platinum games title vanquish. pretty good so far. i can only play games like this for so long now nowadays. playing through the whole thing on a small tv screen in one night like we used to do would probably give me migraines for a week. imagine gears of war crossed with a spectacle fighter like bayonetta or dmc.

the game is low key funny in the way that the characters are super macho in such an over the top way, it must be some sort of parody. i think...

here's a trailer for those who don't know the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Zrs_J9p0w8

os89

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1177
« Reply #4249 on: December 22, 2020, 09:19:34 AM »
i started playing the old ps3 era platinum games title vanquish. pretty good so far. i can only play games like this for so long now nowadays. playing through the whole thing on a small tv screen in one night like we used to do would probably give me migraines for a week. imagine gears of war crossed with a spectacle fighter like bayonetta or dmc.

the game is low key funny in the way that the characters are super macho in such an over the top way, it must be some sort of parody. i think...

Not sure if I have heard of this game before, but it looks pretty damn fun. I'll have to check it out sometime

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #4250 on: December 22, 2020, 11:54:17 AM »
it plays and runs like a dream for sure. playing on steam. i'd say it's a great port.

heard it's just 4-5 hours long in average, but i'm fine with that. game's dirt cheap, too.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4251 on: December 23, 2020, 03:09:13 AM »
it plays and runs like a dream for sure. playing on steam. i'd say it's a great port.

heard it's just 4-5 hours long in average, but i'm fine with that. game's dirt cheap, too.

Super fun! Pure action.

Yu Dum

« Reply #4252 on: December 23, 2020, 08:36:21 AM »
Started Fallout 3 again... I've never gotten anywhere near finishing it because I get lost as fuck after finding Galaxy News Radio. It's an incredibly fun game; much better than Fallout 4, but I just find myself going in circles after that point.
I guess I'm just used to how streamline Fallout 4 tends to be.

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
« Reply #4253 on: December 23, 2020, 11:09:09 AM »

Speaking of Platinum, I bought myself Nier Automata for Christmas. I’m itching to open it.

Also bought Ghost of Tsushima so looking forward to that.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4254 on: December 24, 2020, 03:38:48 AM »
Started Fallout 3 again... I've never gotten anywhere near finishing it because I get lost as fuck after finding Galaxy News Radio. It's an incredibly fun game; much better than Fallout 4, but I just find myself going in circles after that point.

Bro... Just started FO4... Good atmosphere but the fucking thing is still pretty broken..

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #4255 on: December 24, 2020, 03:44:46 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Bro... Just started FO4... Good atmosphere but the fucking thing is still pretty broken..

it's like the world looks pretty cool and all, but it's broken and also nothing makes sense. still fun though if you look past that.

os89

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1177
« Reply #4256 on: December 24, 2020, 04:35:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

it's like the world looks pretty cool and all, but it's broken and also nothing makes sense. still fun though if you look past that.

The only fallout I actually played all the way through was the 3rd. Definitely a fun game. For some reason I skipped Vegas, even though everyone says that's the best. I own FO4 but just can't really get into it.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #4257 on: December 24, 2020, 04:39:52 AM »
vegas is great, definetly more a role playing game than the others, everything is more interesting and the gunplay is better than in 3. choices matter more and everything is a bit more grounded and believable. still quite buggy though.

not sure if you guys are into that sort of stuff, but i thought it would be sick if larian got a shot at making an oldschool fallout, like the first two games, with tactical combat like they had in divinity original sin and now baldurs gate 3. combat was the worst thing about the old ones, but if that would be fixed, that could turn out pretty awesome.

i should probably check out wasteland 3, they pretty much did this.

theSketchLord

« Reply #4258 on: December 24, 2020, 06:32:41 AM »

Honestly, I fiend for anything Platinum Games puts out but this is epic.
In my opinion the best game of that gen.

S.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 63
    • Fotos avatar image
« Reply #4259 on: December 24, 2020, 06:33:42 AM »
I hurt my foot a few days ago and I didn’t feel like reading so I bought gta V for PC. The controls are a little awkward, but I enjoy it. Such a fun and dumb game. I spent about one hour trying to train a virtual dog and about two hours trying to figure out how to take home a virtual stripper with fake tits. The architecture looks real cool too. I wish it was possible to skate los Santos. I keep looking at stair sets and ledges.