Author Topic: What was the last video game you played?  (Read 556307 times)

Yu Dum

Re: What was the last video game you played?
« Reply #4260 on: December 24, 2020, 08:24:05 AM »
vegas is great, definetly more a role playing game than the others, everything is more interesting and the gunplay is better than in 3. choices matter more and everything is a bit more grounded and believable. still quite buggy though.

not sure if you guys are into that sort of stuff, but i thought it would be sick if larian got a shot at making an oldschool fallout, like the first two games, with tactical combat like they had in divinity original sin and now baldurs gate 3. combat was the worst thing about the old ones, but if that would be fixed, that could turn out pretty awesome.

i should probably check out wasteland 3, they pretty much did this.
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Started Fallout 3 again... I've never gotten anywhere near finishing it because I get lost as fuck after finding Galaxy News Radio. It's an incredibly fun game; much better than Fallout 4, but I just find myself going in circles after that point.
I guess I'm just used to how streamline Fallout 4 tends to be.
[close]

Bro... Just started FO4... Good atmosphere but the fucking thing is still pretty broken..
[close]

it's like the world looks pretty cool and all, but it's broken and also nothing makes sense. still fun though if you look past that.
[close]

The only fallout I actually played all the way through was the 3rd. Definitely a fun game. For some reason I skipped Vegas, even though everyone says that's the best. I own FO4 but just can't really get into it.
What's weird is that I couldn't get into New Vegas after the first hour. It's incredibly fun, but I guess I'm not too into a legitimate RPG. I do agree that the gun fighting is better in NV, but something about the atmosphere and how dark the environments tend to be in FO3 just draws me in more.

Frank

• Mods
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #4261 on: December 24, 2020, 10:34:36 AM »
i agree it's a bit boring at the start, bit of a drag, too. you have to get past the whole kinda linear south part of the map for the game to really come into it's own. that can take a few hours. i can understand how you lost interest. it took me a 3rd try to really get into it, but afterwards i liked it much better than 3. 4 wasn't out yet.

hmmmokay

« Reply #4262 on: December 24, 2020, 05:23:19 PM »
About to begin TLOU Part II. Pretty excited.

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1536
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #4263 on: December 27, 2020, 01:47:29 PM »
I got Ghosts of Tsushima,  evil within 2, and the new call of duty. Definitely my favorite zombies out of the series so far
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

Yu Dum

« Reply #4264 on: December 28, 2020, 07:23:20 AM »
Actually sat down after skating the past couple of days and put some work in on Fallout 3. Found my dad and rescued him from the simulation. Refused to go back to Rivet City until I tie up some loose ends with the Underworld and Mister Crowley.
This game is much larger than I anticipated, but that's probably because you can't run like in FO4. I love/hate trekking across the wasteland.

theSketchLord

• Rep: 41
    • https://images.scribblelive.com/2021/1/4/ca9a0ca8-586d-41e3-ad94-131825707ea0.gif avatar image
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4265 on: December 28, 2020, 10:03:38 AM »
i started playing the old ps3 era platinum games title vanquish. pretty good so far. i can only play games like this for so long now nowadays. playing through the whole thing on a small tv screen in one night like we used to do would probably give me migraines for a week. imagine gears of war crossed with a spectacle fighter like bayonetta or dmc.

the game is low key funny in the way that the characters are super macho in such an over the top way, it must be some sort of parody. i think...

here's a trailer for those who don't know the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Zrs_J9p0w8

Found a copy of this clearing my room out on 360.
Anyone wants it PM me and I'll chuck it in the post.
"Broke the tail, like a well oiled snail"

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -237
« Reply #4266 on: December 28, 2020, 12:10:45 PM »
Finally got around to playing metal gear peace Walker and my PS3 gave out.

Besides that all I have is Mario cart for Nintendo DS. I’ve been playing that again the last week.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

skate_bored

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #4267 on: December 29, 2020, 08:55:01 AM »
Got the new Call of Duty for Christmas. Surprised how well it runs for PS4. Really enjoying the story mode so far.

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
« Reply #4268 on: December 29, 2020, 09:07:30 AM »
Got Nier: Automata and Ghost of Tsushima.

Tsushima is visually stunning but hasn’t felt incredibly engaging yet. So far it’s “go here, go there”. I’m not really beyond the handholding stage yet so I expect that will improve somewhat but it feels more like an Assassin’s Creed game than I’d like.

Nier is typical Platinum goodness. I love how they toy with different genres and perspectives on the fly. The open world aspect is kind of iffy - I don’t know if it really adds to the experience vs. Bayonetta’s more linear design but it’s all put together really well.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 938
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #4269 on: December 31, 2020, 02:50:41 PM »
Too many games sitting around I need to play/finish:

Cyberpunk 2077
AC: Valhalla
Jedi Fallen Order
Observer: System Redux
Immortals fenyx rising
Nier: Automata

Also, Vanquish kicks ass.

sometimeperhaps

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 142
« Reply #4270 on: December 31, 2020, 03:03:13 PM »
Finished Red Dead Redemption 2 the other day, best game I've ever played by a long shot - not that I've played a lot. Might start playing it online with a few friends. Still play GTA online a decent amount.

Not sure what I'm going to play next. Maybe Yakuza Zero, Hitman 2 or L.A. Noire.

But at the same time, I love FPS games so maybe I'll get COD or Battlefield.

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1536
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #4271 on: December 31, 2020, 05:05:26 PM »
Got the new Call of Duty for Christmas. Surprised how well it runs for PS4. Really enjoying the story mode so far.

@skate_bored

Hey, I haven't played the story mode yet, just zombies.

I'm on there as pugmasta9000.
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

drunk guy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #4272 on: January 03, 2021, 05:28:16 PM »
playing through the xenosaga series currently  :o

igrindtwinkies

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 367
« Reply #4273 on: January 03, 2021, 05:49:02 PM »
I'm playing through Chrono Trigger after years of putting it off and it lives up to the hype.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #4274 on: January 06, 2021, 03:44:08 AM »
started a bunch of games lately.

currently been playing insurgency sandstorm a lot again with friends

started up hades today. game is awesome.

trying to beat post void without dying of a stroke/seizure.

also started to play outward and subnautica. subnautica creeps me the fuck out and i am still right at the beginning, lol.

Yu Dum

« Reply #4275 on: January 06, 2021, 08:07:59 AM »
Bought the Mario All Stars collection for Switch. Been going back and forth between Sunshine and Galaxy and loving every bit of it.
Also, restarted Bendy & The Ink Machine recently. Never made it far the first time around, but I'm making great progress now. Shit's terrifying, though. The cutesy cartoon style lulls you into a false sense of security, but shit hits the fan almost immediately after the opening. Highly recommend.

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1355
« Reply #4276 on: January 06, 2021, 08:41:33 AM »
RDR2 Online. Just been fishing, hunting and riding around on my steed

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 96
« Reply #4277 on: January 06, 2021, 08:55:09 AM »
Been going hard on Yakuza 0, this is my first Yakuza game and it's so damn fun. I'm home from work cause I got Covid so I'm just binging hard. Spent like two days just recruiting girls for a nightclub I'm managing.

goingapelikenigo

• Rep: 89
  • please don't be a hero
« Reply #4278 on: January 07, 2021, 12:59:54 PM »
Started playing Devil May Cry and Ni No Kuni on the switch. Loving Devil May Cry so far. Dropped Ni No Kuni a couple of hours in back when it came out, gonna see if I can appreciate it now.

Gnarfunkell

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 131
« Reply #4279 on: January 08, 2021, 07:17:27 AM »
I was in the mood for a scary/sci-fi game, and ended up getting Alien: Isolation on steam. Some parts of the game can be annoying, but overall it's been super fun. The environment and sound design make it pretty immersive, especially with headphones.

shucknjive

• Rep: -39
« Reply #4280 on: January 08, 2021, 02:01:15 PM »
ORI

mArLeY

Yu Dum

« Reply #4281 on: January 11, 2021, 09:24:27 AM »
Bioshock 1, 2, & Infinite have all been remastered and added to PlayStation Now. Started BS1 to see what improvements have been made and was blown away at how beautiful the updated graphics look.

Carrolls Chesthairs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 117
« Reply #4282 on: January 16, 2021, 07:02:33 AM »
Bought a copy of borderlands for ps3 at a gamestop that was closing. Fun $5 game so far.

Yu Dum

« Reply #4283 on: January 16, 2021, 07:48:56 AM »
Beat Bioshock 2 yesterday. I know I'm way behind on this, but the ending bummed me out. Great way to end that chapter of the series, but fuck. I wasn't ready for that.
Gonna start Infinite again and finish that just to say I did it..
Also, Katamari Forever has taken up a ton of my free time, too. Great way to decompress after a long, stressful day.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #4284 on: January 16, 2021, 08:41:07 AM »
Beat Bioshock 2 yesterday. I know I'm way behind on this, but the ending bummed me out. Great way to end that chapter of the series, but fuck. I wasn't ready for that.
Gonna start Infinite again and finish that just to say I did it..
Also, Katamari Forever has taken up a ton of my free time, too. Great way to decompress after a long, stressful day.

i really liked bioshock 2s gameplay, but for some reason i didn't finish it. i might want to back to it after this post.

Yu Dum

« Reply #4285 on: January 16, 2021, 10:19:06 AM »
It's a fantastic game all the way through. I just wasn't expecting a curveball ending. Still very much recommend playing all the way through.

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 962
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #4286 on: January 31, 2021, 06:55:49 PM »

My sticker skills kill
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Carrolls Chesthairs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 117
« Reply #4287 on: February 01, 2021, 06:37:59 AM »
played demos for:
- hitman 3 cloud on the switch. Pretty interesting how that one works.
-little nightmares 2; will buy at launch most likely.
- Ori; interested in continuing but not to buy at the moment.

Yu Dum

« Reply #4288 on: February 01, 2021, 09:57:16 AM »
Finished Bishock: Infinite the other night and what the fuck. That ending took me by surprise, but I loved it so much.

Started Dark Cloud (PS2 JRPG) a few weeks ago and have fallen in love with it all over again. Played it as a kid, but couldn't figure out what to do for the life of me. Feels good to get the chance to actually play it with greater understanding of the game mechanics and all that.

Anyone have any games on PSNow they'd recommend? I'm always looking to try something new.

beatifk

• Rep: 162
« Reply #4289 on: February 02, 2021, 05:45:49 AM »
Been going hard on Yakuza 0, this is my first Yakuza game and it's so damn fun. I'm home from work cause I got Covid so I'm just binging hard. Spent like two days just recruiting girls for a nightclub I'm managing.

I'm currently playing through MGSV and loving it (and really taking my time with it) but I'm thinking of either Yakuza 0 or Nier: Automata for my next game.

Yes, I know these games are very different, and yes, I know that I'm way behind on games. But PS4 has so many good games, I don't mind enjoying them one at a time at a leisurely pace.