Author Topic: What was the last video game you played?  (Read 556477 times)

Carrolls Chesthairs

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 117
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: What was the last video game you played?
« Reply #4290 on: February 02, 2021, 06:50:55 AM »

Started Dark Cloud (PS2 JRPG) a few weeks ago. Played it as a kid, but couldn't figure out what to do for the life of me.

PREACH!

Theme For A Jackal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 97
« Reply #4291 on: February 02, 2021, 08:08:39 AM »
Expand Quote
Been going hard on Yakuza 0, this is my first Yakuza game and it's so damn fun. I'm home from work cause I got Covid so I'm just binging hard. Spent like two days just recruiting girls for a nightclub I'm managing.
[close]

I'm currently playing through MGSV and loving it (and really taking my time with it) but I'm thinking of either Yakuza 0 or Nier: Automata for my next game.

Yes, I know these games are very different, and yes, I know that I'm way behind on games. But PS4 has so many good games, I don't mind enjoying them one at a time at a leisurely pace.

Both great choices, really just depends on your mood

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 595
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #4292 on: February 03, 2021, 10:46:47 AM »
I currently play Borderlands 2. Loved the first one back then. The artstyle is really cool for a game that's 9 years old now ^^
IG: @flowterspace

beatifk

• Rep: 162
« Reply #4293 on: February 04, 2021, 01:30:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Been going hard on Yakuza 0, this is my first Yakuza game and it's so damn fun. I'm home from work cause I got Covid so I'm just binging hard. Spent like two days just recruiting girls for a nightclub I'm managing.
[close]

I'm currently playing through MGSV and loving it (and really taking my time with it) but I'm thinking of either Yakuza 0 or Nier: Automata for my next game.

Yes, I know these games are very different, and yes, I know that I'm way behind on games. But PS4 has so many good games, I don't mind enjoying them one at a time at a leisurely pace.
[close]

Just bought Yakuza 0 on the psn store last night for €5. So I guess my mood was frugal. I don't think I'd be ready for the cerebral experience of Nier right after MGSV anyway, so it works out perfectly for me.

I currently play Borderlands 2. Loved the first one back then. The artstyle is really cool for a game that's 9 years old now ^^

Excellent game. I played it for over 200 hours. Probably the last game since Skyrim I've put so much time into. And I enjoyed Borderlands 2 more than Skyrim for sure.

Yu Dum

« Reply #4294 on: February 04, 2021, 09:35:43 AM »
Started the Silent Hill HD collection on PSNow. I know they get a bad rap because they feel kind of broken, but I'm enjoying it for what it is. I've never actually played any of them, so my experience is very limited...but I'm a sucker for survival horror games and this is satisfying the craving until I can get a PS5 and RE Village.

white guy in a durag

• Rep: 230
  • 0 days since last ankle injury
« Reply #4295 on: February 04, 2021, 07:00:11 PM »
Started the Silent Hill HD collection on PSNow. I know they get a bad rap because they feel kind of broken, but I'm enjoying it for what it is. I've never actually played any of them, so my experience is very limited...but I'm a sucker for survival horror games and this is satisfying the craving until I can get a PS5 and RE Village.
As an SH stan, I actually kind of like them too. All the weird fuck ups give them another layer of uncanny-ness--the teeth eye is an unintentional master stroke of horror.

If you want to try playing 2 and 3 more like god intended, they pc versions both abandonware and can downloaded really easily. There's also a lot of fan documentation on getting them running and a mod pack for 2.
http://www.enhanced.townofsilenthill.com/SH2/index.htm

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1536
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #4296 on: February 05, 2021, 01:45:03 AM »
I love Silent Hill.  Even today the first game is amazing when you consider the context.  The school in SH 1 is so creepy.  They did a great job in making creepy scenarios.

"The Evil Within" was great with ambiance as well.  I HIGHLY recommend playing it.
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #4297 on: February 05, 2021, 06:58:29 AM »
played this chill shooter lately

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xqw5EQ0j7Po

pretty good gunfights honestly. you mostly just walk around looking at shit and opening up the map, but when it's on, it gets tense.

Carrolls Chesthairs

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4298 on: February 05, 2021, 10:33:28 AM »
In less than a week, I'll be playing little nightmares two

Yu Dum

« Reply #4299 on: February 05, 2021, 11:00:22 AM »
Let me know how it is! I had to take a break from SH and started Little Nightmares 1 since it's on PSNow. Haven't made it very far by any means, but I'm loving the atmosphere and mechanics. I'm a sucker for anything even remotely reminiscent of Portal.
Try out the Unravel series if you haven't. I believe they're the same creators as LM.
EDIT: They are not made by the same people, but they have very similar atmospheres and puzzles.

Carrolls Chesthairs

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4300 on: February 06, 2021, 04:59:48 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Let me know how it is! I had to take a break from SH and started Little Nightmares 1 since it's on PSNow. Haven't made it very far by any means, but I'm loving the atmosphere and mechanics. I'm a sucker for anything even remotely reminiscent of Portal.
Try out the Unravel series if you haven't. I believe they're the same creators as LM.
EDIT: They are not made by the same people, but they have very similar atmospheres and puzzles.
I only have the switch but that game looks promising
I'm a sucker for minimal to no dialogue in a game

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 939
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #4301 on: February 06, 2021, 09:56:22 PM »
Undermine. I can't stop playing.

I have all these next gen games, remasters and go-tos yet I'm playing this fucking thing.

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 595
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #4302 on: February 07, 2021, 11:41:49 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Just bought Yakuza 0 on the psn store last night for €5. So I guess my mood was frugal. I don't think I'd be ready for the cerebral experience of Nier right after MGSV anyway, so it works out perfectly for me.

Expand Quote
[close]

Excellent game. I played it for over 200 hours. Probably the last game since Skyrim I've put so much time into. And I enjoyed Borderlands 2 more than Skyrim for sure.

I love that Claptrap robot and the humor of borderlands.
Had ~600 hours in Skyrim and I think I know every corner of it now. Can't wait for the next Elder Scrolls on Next Gen.
IG: @flowterspace

Lorem_Ipsum

• Rep: 18
« Reply #4303 on: February 11, 2021, 09:38:13 AM »
My brother got me Breath of the Wild for the Switch for Christmas and I am just now getting around to starting it....

Goodbye to productivity while working from home

Carrolls Chesthairs

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4304 on: February 11, 2021, 02:52:17 PM »
My brother got me Breath of the Wild for the Switch for Christmas and I am just now getting around to starting it....

Enjoy it! Then download the DLC and do master mode!

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
« Reply #4305 on: February 11, 2021, 07:51:46 PM »
I finished Nier Automata. Or rather, got the main endings.

It’s a good game for sure but it definitely has some pacing and repetitiveness issues. There are too many side quests with very little payoff (story wise or gear wise). Leveling up equipment requires grinding and isn’t even really necessary. The storytelling is done interestingly although I think I may have been expecting more of a “wow” based on the reviews.

When it’s working well it is a really dynamic game, I almost wish they had shortened it and made it less open world.

Playing Ghost of Tsushima right now. I feel like at its core, it’s kind of mediocre but because I like Samurai stuff and because it’s clearly so well made I’m enjoying it. I’m more inclined to do all the side quests in Tsushima than Nier because the quality of them is closer to par with the regular “important” missions rather than just being fetch quests.

Aside from the completely dead facial animation, it looks amazing - although it often sounds like my PS4 is cooking from rendering too much.

Lorem_Ipsum

• Rep: 18
« Reply #4306 on: February 12, 2021, 10:04:36 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Enjoy it! Then download the DLC and do master mode!

Thank you! Thoroughly enjoying so far. Haven't played a Zelda since Majora's Mask....

Carrolls Chesthairs

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4307 on: February 21, 2021, 05:36:18 AM »
Follow up:
Little nightmares 2 was great.
Play the first one and then dive into this one.

Now, back to the back-burner activity for gaming; finding all the korok seeds in BOTW

Yu Dum

« Reply #4308 on: February 21, 2021, 10:36:38 AM »
Finally got Skater.xl and I see what I’ve been missing. Took a while to figure it out the controls, but I’m loving it so much.

Garth Marenghi

« Reply #4309 on: February 21, 2021, 10:58:28 PM »
Finished the Surge over the weekend to satisfy my soulsborne cravings. Very enjoyable apart from occasionally confusing level design which resulted in aimless running. Probably not going to do an ng+ run or get the dlcs, though.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #4310 on: February 22, 2021, 02:55:04 AM »
I finished Nier Automata. Or rather, got the main endings.

It’s a good game for sure but it definitely has some pacing and repetitiveness issues. There are too many side quests with very little payoff (story wise or gear wise). Leveling up equipment requires grinding and isn’t even really necessary. The storytelling is done interestingly although I think I may have been expecting more of a “wow” based on the reviews.

When it’s working well it is a really dynamic game, I almost wish they had shortened it and made it less open world.

my playthrough was kind of fucked up, i have to start again i guess. there was a story mission that just wouldn't trigger. like i was supposed to defeat some subbosses in some marked areas but they just wouldn't show up.

cool game though. i really like how they mixed all these genres together without it being a baffling change going from one kind of gameplay to the next.

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1355
« Reply #4311 on: February 22, 2021, 04:07:44 PM »
I caved in to peer pressure and bought COD Cold war friday. Zombies and Prop Hunt were a blast but I was raging pretty hard on Team Deathmatch/Domination.

InternetDaddy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
  • sup breh
« Reply #4312 on: February 22, 2021, 07:56:21 PM »
I've been playing a lot of Valheim with my brother, it's a lot of fun especially for an early access game. I'm also an hour or so into Planescape: Torment and can already tell that it's gonna be a good time.
Look I'm not selling anything that doesn't have my jizz on it. I don't care how much is offered.

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4313 on: February 23, 2021, 08:05:46 AM »
I'm playing this Bowser's Fury that comes packaged with the Mario 3D Land remaster and it's fucking great. Basically it's all one big overworld and all the levels take place within it. It's free roam and when you get a star you just carry on, no restarting the level or warping back to a level select.

Carrolls Chesthairs

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4314 on: February 23, 2021, 01:15:41 PM »
I'm playing this Bowser's Fury that comes packaged with the Mario 3D Land remaster and it's fucking great. Basically it's all one big overworld and all the levels take place within it. It's free roam and when you get a star you just carry on, no restarting the level or warping back to a level select.

It does seem fun but I still can't see myself forking over $60+ for 4 hours of a new game and a game I played on the wii u

Enjoy 3d-world though. It's a fun one.

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1536
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #4315 on: February 24, 2021, 08:03:05 PM »
I caved in to peer pressure and bought COD Cold war friday. Zombies and Prop Hunt were a blast but I was raging pretty hard on Team Deathmatch/Domination.

Some new shit is dropping tomorrow on Zombies  :)

Maps and guns and whatnot

pugmasta9000 on PSN if you want to rage. I like zombies probably the best.
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 939
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #4316 on: February 25, 2021, 03:48:08 AM »
Immortals Fenyx Rising (when I should be finishing AC:V)

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4317 on: February 25, 2021, 07:24:10 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

It does seem fun but I still can't see myself forking over $60+ for 4 hours of a new game and a game I played on the wii u

Enjoy 3d-world though. It's a fun one.

Yeah it's good, I played it on Wii U already I'm just a sucker for Mario games

Hmmmm Nice Bike

« Reply #4318 on: February 26, 2021, 12:18:33 PM »
Fable Anniversary, too bad there are no other Fable games available on PC.

beatifk

• Rep: 162
« Reply #4319 on: March 01, 2021, 01:24:39 AM »
I THOUGHT I beat Metal Gear Solid V this weekend, but actually I just beat the first chapter... Apparently I'm only half way through.

This game is taking a lot of time to get through but I really like it a lot.

It's a shame we'll never get another Metal Gear game from Kojima/Konami.