Author Topic: What was the last video game you played?  (Read 556519 times)

CaptainBushwacker

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 13
Re: What was the last video game you played?
« Reply #4320 on: March 01, 2021, 02:21:52 AM »
I caved in to peer pressure and bought COD Cold war friday. Zombies and Prop Hunt were a blast but I was raging pretty hard on Team Deathmatch/Domination.

Why would you play yourself like that? That game is straight up garbage.

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 97
« Reply #4321 on: March 01, 2021, 01:44:36 PM »
I THOUGHT I beat Metal Gear Solid V this weekend, but actually I just beat the first chapter... Apparently I'm only half way through.

This game is taking a lot of time to get through but I really like it a lot.

It's a shame we'll never get another Metal Gear game from Kojima/Konami.

Yeah that game gets a lot of hate because of story structure and obvious gaps of cut content but I still think it's a masterpiece and would've loved to see the series continue in that direction

Yu Dum

« Reply #4322 on: March 01, 2021, 02:51:45 PM »
Been playing Resident Evil 4 HD for the past month or so after starting and giving up within the first ten minutes. The controls were super of-putting at first, but I'm loving it so much now that I understand how to play. Seriously the best game in the series next to RE7.
Supposedly, they're giving it the same treatment they did for RE2 remake. I just hope they don't shit the bed like they did with RE3 remake..

beatifk

• Rep: 162
« Reply #4323 on: March 01, 2021, 11:37:44 PM »
Been playing Resident Evil 4 HD for the past month or so after starting and giving up within the first ten minutes. The controls were super of-putting at first, but I'm loving it so much now that I understand how to play. Seriously the best game in the series next to RE7.
Supposedly, they're giving it the same treatment they did for RE2 remake. I just hope they don't shit the bed like they did with RE3 remake..

I don't understand the need for a RE4 remake... The game is perfect. The controls take some getting used to, but they work perfectly for the game.

bob george

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 200
« Reply #4324 on: March 02, 2021, 12:59:37 AM »
Castlevania on NES a few months ago. I fucking adore that game. I never really got past using a PS2 and only really played THPS games on it. I have tried to play newer devices but shit is way too intense for me.

Now I just do cryptic crosswords on my computer.
that skinny motherfucker with the high voice

Carrolls Chesthairs

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 117
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #4325 on: March 02, 2021, 12:29:43 PM »
Expand Quote
I THOUGHT I beat Metal Gear Solid V this weekend, but actually I just beat the first chapter... Apparently I'm only half way through.

[close]

Yeah that game gets a lot of hate because of story structure and obvious gaps of cut content but I still think it's a masterpiece and would've loved to see the series continue in that direction

Really a shame people feel that way. MGS5 was a step in a different direction and it seems as if the die-hard MGS fans were hoping for something else.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -718
« Reply #4326 on: March 02, 2021, 10:00:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Really a shame people feel that way. MGS5 was a step in a different direction and it seems as if the die-hard MGS fans were hoping for something else.

Well, in terms of game mechanics, it could be best stealth game ever....bbbbbbuuuuutttt.... EVERYTHING ELSE SUCKS!!!

beatifk

« Reply #4327 on: March 03, 2021, 02:00:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Well, in terms of game mechanics, it could be best stealth game ever....bbbbbbuuuuutttt.... EVERYTHING ELSE SUCKS!!!

I think it's one of the best games I've played in my life, no exaggeration. It's so fun. I don't give a shit about story though. When was the last time there was a good story in an action game? MAYBE Half Life 2? Stories in games are disposable to me. My other favorite game from this generation is Horizon Zero Dawn and the story for that game is god-awful, it's total nonsense.

I think the gameplay is amazing. It's basically like playing Super Mario Bros 3/World but with different graphics. Go to a level, collect some shit, kill some enemies and then return to the helicopter for the next mission. As the levels progress you get new items and new abilities and all that. It's really a simple game at it's core, and that's why it's so fun to play.

G raham

• Rep: -47
« Reply #4328 on: March 03, 2021, 09:31:36 AM »
majoras mask for the expression

dota 2 for gameplay. its like attending hogwarts honestly its amazing, incredibly deep.
Well guys, there's nothing better than getting out there and skateboarding. - Shane O'Neill.

Carrie2200

• Rep: 0
« Reply #4329 on: March 03, 2021, 09:46:28 PM »
I've been playing a lot of Sims 4 Vampires DLC. Man its so lit. This is the game that has gotten me through the lockdown! And I've also been using vampire cheats which makes the game so much more fun. Wreak havoc on your fellow sims!

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #4330 on: March 03, 2021, 09:50:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

yeah, there was literally no real story. it really didn't add anything to the metal gear universe. but it was very fun to play. but being a completionist and after a long while of nothing really happening, i stopped playing the game at some point around half way through. that was still 45 hours or so for me basically trying to s rank every mission before i go on to the next. someway like halfway through the african missions.

beatifk

« Reply #4331 on: March 04, 2021, 12:15:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

yeah, there was literally no real story. it really didn't add anything to the metal gear universe. but it was very fun to play. but being a completionist and after a long while of nothing really happening, i stopped playing the game at some point around half way through. that was still 45 hours or so for me basically trying to s rank every mission before i go on to the next. someway like halfway through the african missions.

Sounds like an exhausting way to play the game. Take the C rank and move on! Go back for the S later if you need it.

The story is so stupid.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4332 on: March 04, 2021, 08:24:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

100% disagree, Kiefer Sutherland's Big Boss was terrific, as was Troy Baker's Ocelot. The general tone is great it's just a weak plot by comparison to the other MGS games but if we weren't comparing it to them it wouldn't be so poorly viewed. The story as is is still leagues better than the majority of stealth game stories in my opinion. I can see why some long-time fans would be disappointed, though.

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4333 on: March 04, 2021, 08:30:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Well it actually does a major thing with the Big Boss/V reveal and how that effects Metal Gear/Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake but most people never played those and just started with Metal Gear Solid so I can see why it doesn't matter to most fans

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -718
« Reply #4334 on: March 04, 2021, 10:00:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Well it actually does a major thing with the Big Boss/V reveal and how that effects Metal Gear/Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake but most people never played those and just started with Metal Gear Solid so I can see why it doesn't matter to most fans

Yo... I FUCKING HATE THE S-RANKING SYSTEM!

Why...in fuck... is TIME the most important factor for S-rank?

Yeah, I get it, if you're good, you're fast.. But stealth games are not about being fast, aren't they, Konami? They're about being a ghost....

Whatever, I'm just super kind of mad right now...

Back to grinding in Dirt4.

• Rep: 31
« Reply #4335 on: March 05, 2021, 11:15:36 PM »
I’ve been using this work-from-home time to play every SNES rpg. Started Terranigma tonight.

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 672
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #4336 on: March 06, 2021, 11:03:45 AM »
Lot of great memories with this one.... don’t think i ever beat it tho

if the mods were wu-tang, dean would be cappadonna

goingapelikenigo

• Rep: 89
  • please don't be a hero
« Reply #4337 on: March 12, 2021, 04:43:09 AM »
Bought Super Mario 3d World + Bowsers Fury for the switch on Mar10 day and since I never had a Wii U I haven't played it even though I've really wanted to. It's hella fun co-op so far and I haven't played it by myself yet but I loved completing 3d Land on my 3ds so I'm thinking it will be kinda the same thing.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 939
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Last Edit: March 18, 2021, 05:21:28 PM by Xen »

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
« Reply #4339 on: March 18, 2021, 03:23:35 PM »
I bought Shenmue 3 at Target today because it was only $12. I expect to be disappointed and probably should have just put the money towards a Yakuza game because they are really the true Shenmue sequels but I would have been really excited about this 20 years ago.

Currently close to the end of Ghost of Tsushima. It’s not a great game but I’ve enjoyed playing it.

Yu Dum

« Reply #4340 on: March 19, 2021, 08:59:40 AM »
^ I need to go back and finish Ghost of Tsushima, but I fucked up and accidentally saved over my file with the most progress. Now I'm stuck playing from the beginning.. Don't know if I'll start it anytime soon, though.

Decided to pick up Bioshock 2 again. Out of the entire series, this one is my favorite. Don't know if I'll ever start Infinite again. That shit dragged on and on for me.

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 595
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #4341 on: March 22, 2021, 11:55:32 AM »
I am now on my 3rd playthrough of Borderlands 2 with a second character. Really want to 100% that before I get Borderlands 3.
And still need to get level 100 in the THPS remaster. Not really looking forward to that grind ^^

But as soon as Halo Infinite drops I will cancel my social life. Just kidding ^^
IG: @flowterspace

Seadramon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
« Reply #4342 on: March 22, 2021, 12:05:59 PM »
I’ve been using this work-from-home time to play every SNES rpg. Started Terranigma tonight.

I've been working my way through Final Fantasy III (VI) over the last year. Keep putting it down and picking it back up.

I also keep playing it between my 3ds, switch and phone - Emulation is seriously amazing.

How have you been playing? On original hardware?

baaaaaaguette

« Reply #4343 on: April 08, 2021, 03:42:07 AM »
I've been playing a ton of BF4 recently, wrecking people with the little bird is a lot of fun and flying inside building and causing mayhem is also a treat. Gunplay is very good as well.

War thunder is also a ton of fun, I do prefer Air combat over tanks though.

Been replaying Half life 2, the vibe of this game is still impressive after all these years, TF2 also holds up very well, much better than overwatch i find. Curious to see if Overwatch 2 will end up dying in 2 years like the first or if it will hold up to time.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 141
« Reply #4344 on: April 09, 2021, 04:49:46 PM »
I am now on my 3rd playthrough of Borderlands 2 with a second character. Really want to 100% that before I get Borderlands 3.
And still need to get level 100 in the THPS remaster. Not really looking forward to that grind ^^

But as soon as Halo Infinite drops I will cancel my social life. Just kidding ^^

I finally played it on the PSnow and like it.  Its nice to see these games streaming ... I was on the beta PSnow when it was on ps3 and that shit sucked ass

Mesteezo

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Rep: 65
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #4345 on: April 15, 2021, 06:56:18 PM »
Been playing Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 on PC. Holy shit, the graphics are amazing and areas are accurate since it uses satellite imagery. I can even crash into my own house, lol.

beatifk

« Reply #4346 on: April 16, 2021, 04:14:58 AM »
Been playing Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 on PC. Holy shit, the graphics are amazing and areas are accurate since it uses satellite imagery. I can even crash into my own house, lol.

Haha that made me chuckle. Imagine people
Getting revenge on their real-life enemies by crashing a jet into their house kamikaze style.

It was raining the whole beginning of this week and I was off work so I started up Yakuza 0 on PS4. It’s pretty fun. For some reason I expected it to be more like GTA but it’s not at all, which I prefer. I watched my ex’s little bro play the first Yakuza on ps2 when it was first released on my first visit to Japan and since then I thought it was a cool looking series but for whatever reason never tried any of them. I like it a lot.

Jewel Runner

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 101
« Reply #4347 on: April 16, 2021, 08:41:32 AM »
Last game I played was Super Mario 3D World for Nintendo Switch. Such a good and fun co-op game. My wife and I really enjoyed it

DaleSr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1444
« Reply #4348 on: April 19, 2021, 02:47:37 PM »
Halo 3 4v4 LAN party for my friend's bachelor party

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1355
« Reply #4349 on: April 19, 2021, 03:40:44 PM »
Got my hands on a Switch this past weekend. Anyone have any game recommendations?