Author Topic: What was the last video game you played?  (Read 558614 times)

mushroom slice

Re: What was the last video game you played?
« Reply #4380 on: June 18, 2021, 07:57:00 AM »
Skate 3 like 10 years ago. I spent the entire day in the skatepark editor mode building a park. I was high as a kite on a tab and really into it. I have a whole memory card of parks I’ve made tripping .When my girlfriend came home that day from work she asked me what I did with my day and I eagerly told her I spent the day building a skatepark in a video game her response was “ewww. That’s gross”
I was devastated and decided then and there that I wasn’t going to waste my days anymore on video games,  at least for now. I think I’ll play again when I’m an old person and can’t move but until then I guess I’ll just skate irl.

Willie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 304
« Reply #4381 on: June 19, 2021, 04:20:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Dark souls 3, again. Getting my way to DLC.
[close]

Nice, just finished up a replay of that a month or two ago. Can't wait for Elden Ring.
[close]

Yeah, looked real good. Let us hope it's not gonna bomb.

That trailer got me HYPED!

I’m giving DS2 another try but so many of the levels have been pure torture. Poorly lit levels + finite torch usage is whack.

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 975
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #4382 on: June 19, 2021, 11:20:55 AM »

$8 and it's like skater xl kinda but online
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Bunk Moreland

« Reply #4383 on: June 20, 2021, 10:48:02 AM »
Hades on Switch. It’s fun and you don’t need to devote a ton of time to it.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 979
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #4384 on: June 20, 2021, 11:53:37 AM »

Waiting on the XBOX release to touch this.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -717
« Reply #4385 on: June 20, 2021, 10:13:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Dark souls 3, again. Getting my way to DLC.
[close]

Nice, just finished up a replay of that a month or two ago. Can't wait for Elden Ring.
[close]

Yeah, looked real good. Let us hope it's not gonna bomb.
[close]

That trailer got me HYPED!

I’m giving DS2 another try but so many of the levels have been pure torture. Poorly lit levels + finite torch usage is whack.

Yeah, some game mechanics are so dumb and annoying, I don't understand how the devs thought it was a good idea..

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4386 on: June 21, 2021, 12:54:33 PM »
Once I figured out tuning the car it's been pretty fun.
Typical wrap that I do.

Traded the forbidden 14 for 8=D with Mike no though I didn't ask. I figured he's using our term so I'll use his

I'm a frickin jerk to all the edge lords. I wish I could figure out how to get into the locked meets because they need an anti hero desperately.

so this game was like 8 bucks with ps+. Maybe like 20 now.

Hmu is you wanna start a car gang lol.

Happy Gary Scott Davis day y'all.
(A)pl(E)

Jewel Runner

• Rep: 101
« Reply #4387 on: June 23, 2021, 10:21:46 AM »
Just got my hands on Skate 3 for 8 bucks and I'm fucking excited about it! Been playing since Sunday that shit's so fun

First time I'm playing the carreer mode so you can see why I'm so thrilled lol

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 402
« Reply #4388 on: June 24, 2021, 07:39:35 AM »

buddy of mine put me on to this a few months ago and I wasn't putting it off for a while. finally got around to it over the last week or two and it's way more fun that I thought I would be while not having to be fully committed all the time.

InternetDaddy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
  • sup breh
« Reply #4389 on: June 24, 2021, 01:40:20 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

buddy of mine put me on to this a few months ago and I wasn't putting it off for a while. finally got around to it over the last week or two and it's way more fun that I thought I would be while not having to be fully committed all the time.
I was the same way, it took me forever to start playing it but once I did I loved it. Still haven't beaten the final boss yet but I've gotten close a few times so I know it'll happen soon.
Look I'm not selling anything that doesn't have my jizz on it. I don't care how much is offered.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 979
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #4390 on: June 24, 2021, 06:41:11 PM »
D&D Dark Alliance (XSX - Free on Gamepass)

Spiritual successor to the old Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance series. Co-Op Action RPG; based on the 'Icewind Dale' setting; Drizzt, Wulfgar, Bruenor, Cattie-Brie.

Combat is a tad slow/on the clunky side but once you get the rhythm it works itself out.

Bit of a 'souls' feel, not a lot of areas but lots of difficulty tiers that you need to do to get geared up.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #4391 on: June 25, 2021, 02:33:59 AM »
Typical wrap that I do.

Traded the forbidden 14 for 8=D with Mike no though I didn't ask. I figured he's using our term so I'll use his

I'm a frickin jerk to all the edge lords. I wish I could figure out how to get into the locked meets because they need an anti hero desperately.

i just bought this game on steam, it's fucking sick.

are u playing on xbox/ps or pc?

edit: shit, i overread the ps+ comment. maybe they have crossplay tho, that would be sick.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2021, 06:30:33 AM by Frank »

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
« Reply #4392 on: June 26, 2021, 08:44:11 PM »
i was merking pubg for quite a while but abandoned my account. had a shit ton of gear and silver that idiots pay real money for. it was fun but im over it

gotta get an xbox or a playstaion. for battlefield 1 and 5. them shits looks gnarly

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4393 on: June 27, 2021, 08:53:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Typical wrap that I do.

[close]

i just bought this game on steam, it's fucking sick.

are u playing on xbox/ps or pc?

edit: shit, i overread the ps+ comment. maybe they have crossplay tho, that would be sick.

Yes It does. Ill be on on Tuesday ☺️
(A)pl(E)

beatifk

• Rep: 162
« Reply #4394 on: June 27, 2021, 11:57:41 PM »
Finished Yakuza 0 after just over 100 hours of playtime. A lot of time was spent finishing the Cabaret Club and Real Estate sub-stories because I wanted the legendary fight styles. In the end I think I finished with like 65% of the trophies. The main story was cool, and the characters were great. This was my first Yakuza game and I will definitely play another, but I'm not sure which one, and I'm not going to get into it right now because the games seem pretty involved and take a lot of time. Maybe next winter.

I just started Ratchet and Clank (the one that was free to download for PS4 last month) and I think I will have some fun with it. I haven't owned a Nintendo console since Gamecube, so I haven't played the last 3 generation of Mario games, and I miss playing this type of highly-polished, cartoony platformer. It's not my favorite genre, but it's fun to play one every 5 years or so. I've already died more than I thought I would which is a pleasant surprise because I was worried it would be so easy that it would be boring.

After seeing all the hype about GG Strive I've also decided to pick up Xrd Rev 2 again so 2-3 years from now when I finally decide to buy Strive I will be more familiar with the series.

primo

« Reply #4395 on: July 04, 2021, 11:06:19 AM »
I just got an Xbox Series X after not really playing video games at all since finishing Breath of the Wild a few years ago. I've mostly been playing Destiny 2 (still have my character from years ago), Skate 3, and occasionally The Long Dark. I'm looking forward to Starfield.

goingapelikenigo

• Rep: 89
  • please don't be a hero
« Reply #4396 on: July 05, 2021, 02:41:02 AM »
7 hours into Persona 4 Golden and it’s good so far. Quit Persona 3 FES close to the end so we’ll see if it can keep my attention.

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4397 on: July 05, 2021, 05:57:24 PM »
not the last. but look up the 1999 pc game 7th legion. this is an rts that never got its shine. it was featured in those pc game zines a few times but not the most popular. not as good as starcraft but on par with command and conquer 2 in terms of engine cinematics story design etc. pretty well made. even in starcraft which is basically the best rts tanks cant just run over marines/zerglings/infantry. but in this tanks and walkers can squash without having to fire. you just kind of click around and move over them instead of firing. randomized battle cards too where cloaking undead soldiers etc can be summoned. shits gnarly. might be even better than c&c2 idk

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4398 on: July 09, 2021, 08:29:04 PM »

I been playing payback
(A)pl(E)

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4399 on: July 10, 2021, 10:07:37 PM »
one of the things i enjoyed most about pubg was pranking my teammates by throwing a flashbang

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 103
« Reply #4400 on: July 13, 2021, 11:18:43 AM »
Finished Yakuza 0 after just over 100 hours of playtime. A lot of time was spent finishing the Cabaret Club and Real Estate sub-stories because I wanted the legendary fight styles. In the end I think I finished with like 65% of the trophies. The main story was cool, and the characters were great. This was my first Yakuza game and I will definitely play another, but I'm not sure which one, and I'm not going to get into it right now because the games seem pretty involved and take a lot of time. Maybe next winter.

I just started Ratchet and Clank (the one that was free to download for PS4 last month) and I think I will have some fun with it. I haven't owned a Nintendo console since Gamecube, so I haven't played the last 3 generation of Mario games, and I miss playing this type of highly-polished, cartoony platformer. It's not my favorite genre, but it's fun to play one every 5 years or so. I've already died more than I thought I would which is a pleasant surprise because I was worried it would be so easy that it would be boring.

After seeing all the hype about GG Strive I've also decided to pick up Xrd Rev 2 again so 2-3 years from now when I finally decide to buy Strive I will be more familiar with the series.

I'd say go straight into Kiwami 1 and 2 unless you want to jump to the new one which is turn based combat

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 103
« Reply #4401 on: July 13, 2021, 11:20:13 AM »
Playing Persona 5 again, finally beat the main game and just started into the Royal content

Carrolls Chesthairs

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 118
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #4402 on: July 13, 2021, 06:38:07 PM »
this dumb game

this chill game

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1439
« Reply #4403 on: July 14, 2021, 11:37:57 AM »
Halo 5 LAN party for my homies' bachelor party last year and before that skate 3 and nba2k12 until my last 360 died. Just don't invest a lot of time and money into video games considering i played those two games for ten years

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 144
« Reply #4404 on: July 14, 2021, 12:05:35 PM »
Been trying to find a game on PSN and got hooked on Hotline Miami 2, controls are weird but is fun once you get the hang of

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4405 on: July 14, 2021, 12:15:06 PM »
they need to make a game for pc xbox and playstaion a civil war version of battlefield 1 with redcoats and shit too. muskets and with an improved riding system for war horses since theres no land vehicles. add wooden warships freights etc. thatd be gnarly

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #4406 on: July 14, 2021, 12:18:33 PM »
bought the game star renegades during steam summer sale. it's pretty good, but it has no story at all. typical modern roguelite in terms of progression, meaning you get slightly stronger with each run due to having better starting options and a bigger pool of better items you can possibly get in the next. but the biggest problem with this and other games of this kind is that they expect you to put in run after run after run, and it just gets tiresome, especially with the combat in this game, which is sometimes excellent, and sometimes super dull. it works like an old jrpg with a timeline, you got your menu of actions to take and you can manipulate the timeline and when enemies strike or even disrupt their attacks. it's interesting in the beginning and seems like a deep combat system, but some classes are rather useless until later and the most interesting fights are the ones that are more chaotic and clutch.

i managed to beat the game while actually trying to die out of boredom and frustration at the last boss, which has a comical amount of second comings that make the fight more of a chore. i still somehow beat him, and since then i feel like i can't be bothered playing again. took me about 15 hours and i payed about 15 quid, i'd say not too bad of a value for the money, but they could have done more with this game. would probably rate it a decent 6 or light 7 out of 10.

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1439
« Reply #4407 on: July 14, 2021, 12:26:21 PM »
they need to make a game for pc xbox and playstaion a civil war version of battlefield 1 with redcoats and shit too. muskets and with an improved riding system for war horses since theres no land vehicles. add wooden warships freights etc. thatd be gnarly

Best i can give you is Assassins Creed: Lost Cause, a game that will surely be made

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4408 on: July 14, 2021, 06:39:26 PM »
ive played a bit of that at a friends but its mostly 3rd person. just a well made historical fps no time travel or anything

InternetDaddy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
  • sup breh
« Reply #4409 on: July 14, 2021, 09:01:09 PM »
i've been playing Disco Elysium the last couple days and really enjoying it
Look I'm not selling anything that doesn't have my jizz on it. I don't care how much is offered.