Author Topic: What was the last video game you played?  (Read 556321 times)

iKobrakai

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -718
Re: What was the last video game you played?
« Reply #4440 on: August 29, 2021, 03:02:09 AM »
Do it, Frank!

yghartsyrt

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 199
« Reply #4441 on: August 29, 2021, 10:23:08 AM »
i've been playing Disco Elysium the last couple days and really enjoying it

Just finished disco elysium. so good. the world building and the story were amazing. loved every bit.

PuffinMuffin

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1417
« Reply #4442 on: August 30, 2021, 06:24:54 PM »
My husband, brother and I tried the free version of Star Citizen. Almost everything in the game was broken. Elevators wouldn’t work. Another player dropped dead and flew into the sky. NPCs sitting on chairs had other NPCs standing in the same chairs, so the whole cityscape looked like a public oral sex simulator. The game kept glitching or crashing so we had to restart our PCs more times than we could count.

I accidentally hit the eject button in my cockpit. The ship was permanently disabled. A quick search revealed you have to do a hard reset in your character to unfuck your ship. It was a hilarious experience. I laughed so hard I cried on several occasions. 10/10

i’m 80% skateboarder 20% atlantic puffin enthusiast

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #4443 on: August 31, 2021, 01:08:16 AM »
That’s pretty funny I heard about that game some people full paid money for mad spaceships, stitched lol
listen to cosmic psychos

PuffinMuffin

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1417
« Reply #4444 on: August 31, 2021, 07:04:30 AM »
That’s pretty funny I heard about that game some people full paid money for mad spaceships, stitched lol

Hahahaha, yeah, they began with a Kickstarter that netted over two million in 2010. Plus all the crazy prices like you said they profited on "selling" ships. Over a decade later of production and they don't have much to show for it. The game is so broken. Word is the guy behind SC is such a visionary he has developers work relentlessly on the simplest of things. For instance, two months was spent on character animations of going from seated to standing. But they won't fix the biggest of bugs. You can easily "loss your head" leaving you not being able to wear a helmet in space (so you'll suffocate), and the only way to get your head back is to permanently change the sex of your character. You also have to buy insurance for your ships. And if you're poor IRL and can't afford credits, you need to have a day job in the game. The whole thing seems like a MLM scheme without any tangible objects.

i’m 80% skateboarder 20% atlantic puffin enthusiast

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4445 on: August 31, 2021, 07:05:15 AM »
My husband, brother and I tried the free version of Star Citizen. Almost everything in the game was broken. Elevators wouldn’t work. Another player dropped dead and flew into the sky. NPCs sitting on chairs had other NPCs standing in the same chairs, so the whole cityscape looked like a public oral sex simulator. The game kept glitching or crashing so we had to restart our PCs more times than we could count.

I accidentally hit the eject button in my cockpit. The ship was permanently disabled. A quick search revealed you have to do a hard reset in your character to unfuck your ship. It was a hilarious experience. I laughed so hard I cried on several occasions. 10/10

There are still idiots who think it will be finished...

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 938
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #4446 on: September 05, 2021, 11:48:32 PM »
Aliens: Fireteam Elite

Jury is out…

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
  • Harley-Davidson Ironwing
« Reply #4447 on: September 06, 2021, 11:00:08 AM »
Deus Ex Mankind Divided DLC.

It's one of the best games in the last decade.

Running back through HR right now on PC. I adore the later deus exs. Up there with Fallout New Vegas and the new Hitmans - just nearly perfect games
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

goingapelikenigo

• Rep: 89
  • please don't be a hero
« Reply #4448 on: September 06, 2021, 02:30:08 PM »
playing a lot of smash ultimate, loving it but i suck.

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
« Reply #4449 on: September 06, 2021, 06:42:34 PM »
cod mobile is so shit

hmmmokay

« Reply #4450 on: September 06, 2021, 07:30:40 PM »
cod mobile is so shit

I 100% agree. And yet, it's still wildly a wildly successful franchise. Different strokes, I guess.

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4451 on: September 07, 2021, 03:21:46 AM »
they see the name and go ooh cod. ive seen someone play it at a sk8park lmao. shits cringe. battle royale on that is atrocious too

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4452 on: September 07, 2021, 04:42:52 AM »
Expand Quote
Deus Ex Mankind Divided DLC.

It's one of the best games in the last decade.
[close]

Running back through HR right now on PC. I adore the later deus exs. Up there with Fallout New Vegas and the new Hitmans - just nearly perfect games

Yeah, Too bad we wont have any more...

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4453 on: September 08, 2021, 06:42:39 AM »
whats fun about pubg is that you dont even have to play it seriously. since waiting on the new season to begin ive just been racing around trying to do the loop with a truck in miramar

BinkyConklinFan

• Rep: 4
« Reply #4454 on: September 08, 2021, 07:51:50 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Hahahaha, yeah, they began with a Kickstarter that netted over two million in 2010. Plus all the crazy prices like you said they profited on "selling" ships. Over a decade later of production and they don't have much to show for it. The game is so broken. Word is the guy behind SC is such a visionary he has developers work relentlessly on the simplest of things. For instance, two months was spent on character animations of going from seated to standing. But they won't fix the biggest of bugs. You can easily "loss your head" leaving you not being able to wear a helmet in space (so you'll suffocate), and the only way to get your head back is to permanently change the sex of your character. You also have to buy insurance for your ships. And if you're poor IRL and can't afford credits, you need to have a day job in the game. The whole thing seems like a MLM scheme without any tangible objects.

There's actually a trackable roadmap for the game(sim?) on the RSI website that is kind of fascinating. I mean basically your point is correct though - if you just look at the game for what gets updated and when, it's like "Man, this shit is still fucking broken, but cool animation for opening that hatch!"

I play sometimes just to fiddle around, and it's kind of enjoyable in a weird way. But the scope of development for this game is just insane and completely stupid. Maybe in 10 years or so some kind of AI can code the tricky stuff or something, but I don't ever see it being finished. Even with all the progress they post on the roadmap. Also, I have alternating theories about Squadron 42. It's either a hoax, or it's already done and they just don't release it because they want people to keep playing the game to be ready for it.

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4455 on: September 11, 2021, 06:25:01 PM »
not the last game i played but starfox n64 was a fun game. lots of replay value

igrindtwinkies

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 367
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #4456 on: September 11, 2021, 09:07:09 PM »
Played REsident Evil 1 hd remaster.  Didn't like it.

shredslap

• Rep: -2
« Reply #4457 on: September 11, 2021, 09:17:32 PM »
Rust on PC.

When you're really playing, it feels so insane. Unlike any other game. There's so much at stake cause when you die you lose everything you had on you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MB1oX-dw_bU

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #4458 on: September 12, 2021, 05:52:13 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

There's actually a trackable roadmap for the game(sim?) on the RSI website that is kind of fascinating. I mean basically your point is correct though - if you just look at the game for what gets updated and when, it's like "Man, this shit is still fucking broken, but cool animation for opening that hatch!"

I play sometimes just to fiddle around, and it's kind of enjoyable in a weird way. But the scope of development for this game is just insane and completely stupid. Maybe in 10 years or so some kind of AI can code the tricky stuff or something, but I don't ever see it being finished. Even with all the progress they post on the roadmap. Also, I have alternating theories about Squadron 42. It's either a hoax, or it's already done and they just don't release it because they want people to keep playing the game to be ready for it.

a friend who is a die hard fan of sc gifted me access to sc a couple years ago and tbh, it has come further than i thought it would initially. every time they do the free weeks the game usually breaks down like how puffin muffin describes. i can't play it rn anyways cause my pc is too trash. but in between they usually hit a few months of stable updates where the game actually works. anytime they add anything new it's best to stay out of it for a bit, since every new update seems to scramble up everything.

but i've been able to do some cool shit when i got it running good, like doing actual quests and stuff, getting payed out and buying myself a buggy that i could take on other planets to explore. so at times i actually had fun. but the games mechanics are way too obtuse, too. the ejecting out of the ship by accident happened to me a lot in the beginning, too.

the coolest thing about sc is traversing the system with your ship and entering planets atmospheres and approach landings imo. i never really got the hang how space combat works. i used to play the multiplayer mode for a while when lots of people were playing and the performance was good. it was kinda fun, with zero g combat outside of space stations.

the game is clearly way too ambitious for its own good and i can't recommend to anyone to buy in unless you are a hardcore pc sci fi fanatic that just needs to have everything about that topic or if you are into being an unpayed experimental beta tester. i could see other games fulfilling what star citizen promised earlier if they keep this pace up. if you just want to chill out cruising your ship there's other games like elite, outer wilds or no mans sky, if you want space (to ground combat) theres stuff like infinity: battlescape, if you want sci-fi fps there's like dozens that are better than the fps part in sc.

and that ship selling scheme is of course dumb, but let's not act like they are the only ones selling digital goods to whales.

i'm glad i got it as a gift, since i can't even play it with my current system. wouldn't have wanted to pay for it.

Garth Marenghi

« Reply #4459 on: September 12, 2021, 12:05:56 PM »
Updated the RGB-Pi OS and played Alien Crush for a while. Haven't had enough time or patience to play much lately. Psychonauts 2 next, hopefully.

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4460 on: September 12, 2021, 05:31:58 PM »
rust seems gnarly. reminds me of last island of survival unknown 15 days which i was playing for a bit. shit was frustrating but fun

igrindtwinkies

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 367
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #4461 on: September 12, 2021, 09:34:40 PM »
6.5 hours into Borderlands 3 and loving it as much as I loved Borderlands 2.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4462 on: September 13, 2021, 02:39:45 AM »
6.5 hours into Borderlands 3 and loving it as much as I loved Borderlands 2.

I thought BL3 was alright. Played BL1/BL2 in coop, so maybe that is why I liked them more.

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4463 on: September 14, 2021, 07:45:39 AM »
legends of the fjord level 4 complete. 50 wins in livik. over that map

newguy

« Reply #4464 on: September 15, 2021, 03:44:21 AM »
rust seems gnarly. reminds me of last island of survival unknown 15 days which i was playing for a bit. shit was frustrating but fun

The voice chat is not gnarly, stay away from this game

newguy

« Reply #4465 on: September 15, 2021, 03:49:39 AM »
Went on a rampage on a 24/7 Siege of Shanghai with the attack heli, hadn’t played in a while. Had a good gunner with me (for once) who went 180-0. Safe to say the enemy team was not pleased and called me names. Bf4 is an old game but damn, towing some poor sap in the other teams helicopter is satisfying. An admin kicked me and my gunner next round because I was “killing the server”.

allanborder506

• Rep: 0
« Reply #4466 on: September 15, 2021, 06:55:58 AM »
Recently I am playing osu! game online and the game's popularity in the rhythm game community has held many esports tournaments, highlighting mostly osu! itself and Taiko. The free downloadable game is very welcoming for newcomers and veterans, making osu! a safe choice for a rhythm game to play.
Yo can download best skins at osuskins.me and this is one of the best place to download osu! game characters skins.

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4467 on: September 15, 2021, 08:23:52 AM »
Went on a rampage on a 24/7 Siege of Shanghai with the attack heli, hadn’t played in a while. Had a good gunner with me (for once) who went 180-0. Safe to say the enemy team was not pleased and called me names. Bf4 is an old game but damn, towing some poor sap in the other teams helicopter is satisfying. An admin kicked me and my gunner next round because I was “killing the server”.
bf4 and bf1 are the best from the series it seems. bf5 sorta. 180 is gnarly

newguy

« Reply #4468 on: September 15, 2021, 03:28:48 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
bf4 and bf1 are the best from the series it seems. bf5 sorta. 180 is gnarly

Never played anything but bf4, I like surfing helicopters mid air and repairing critical hits and getting hackusations. Oh I also meant that my gunner went 180, I was 65-0, still decent as a pilot, but we never got any serious opposition. Hope the vehicle exit and entry system of bf2042 is similar, seat switching to extinguish fires is awesome in bf4

Blueabyssofthisss

« Reply #4469 on: September 15, 2021, 06:31:09 PM »
Doom eternal. I’m over halfway through the campaign and it’s incredible