Author Topic: What was the last video game you played?  (Read 556353 times)

newguy

Re: What was the last video game you played?
« Reply #4470 on: September 15, 2021, 11:55:21 PM »
 ???
Doom eternal. I’m over halfway through the campaign and it’s incredible

I’ve got to find myself a key for that monster of a game.

iKobrakai

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -718
« Reply #4471 on: September 16, 2021, 06:37:40 AM »
???
Expand Quote
[close]

...and a mega monster PC..

newguy

« Reply #4472 on: September 16, 2021, 01:02:43 PM »
Expand Quote
???
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Think a 2070 will do the job? Don’t have much knowledge about modern game requirements

Blueabyssofthisss

« Reply #4473 on: September 16, 2021, 02:35:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
???
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Think a 2070 will do the job? Don’t have much knowledge about modern game requirements
Just get an Xbox. It handles the game just fine, zero glitches or crashes for me

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
« Reply #4474 on: September 16, 2021, 08:59:02 PM »
cycle 1 season 2 just started. usually at the start of a new season they give out name change cards but not this time. was gonna change it to wabbit

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4475 on: September 16, 2021, 10:44:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
???
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
Just get an Xbox. It handles the game just fine, zero glitches or crashes for me

No idea, my bro. Played on PS4, I'm too old to sweat over PC parts. Also depends on what you're used to.

newguy

« Reply #4476 on: September 17, 2021, 04:06:31 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
???
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

No idea, my bro. Played on PS4, I'm too old to sweat over PC parts. Also depends on what you're used to.

I grew up playing a tweaked out to shit, heavily configed TF2, on a mid range 2010 IMac with outdated parts, so trust me, if I can run doom on low and get 60 FPS I’m happy.

BinkyConklinFan

• Rep: 4
« Reply #4477 on: September 17, 2021, 07:03:11 AM »
Expand Quote
rust seems gnarly. reminds me of last island of survival unknown 15 days which i was playing for a bit. shit was frustrating but fun
[close]

The voice chat is not gnarly, stay away from this game

Yeah i tried going from Conan Exiles to Rust, just to see how it was - voice chat was insane, people roleplaying like they are serial murderers and shit. I dunno. I just went back to Conan and just have a lil hovel and go hunting and redecorating like a mountain hermit. I've been playing it for maybe 2 years now.

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 399
« Reply #4478 on: September 17, 2021, 07:47:17 AM »
finally picked up the remake of links awakening and have been playing all week. I vaguely remember playing the original as a kid but never really got super into it, probably because I was too young to really understand what I was suppose to be doing, but having a ton of fun with the remake now though.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1963
« Reply #4479 on: September 17, 2021, 07:51:05 AM »
finally picked up the remake of links awakening and have been playing all week. I vaguely remember playing the original as a kid but never really got super into it, probably because I was too young to really understand what I was suppose to be doing, but having a ton of fun with the remake now though.

I love that game. It's becoming one I try to go through yearly.

I recently downloaded Splitgate and have become pretty hooked on it. It's basically like if classic Halo and Portal had a baby.

Yu Dum

« Reply #4480 on: September 17, 2021, 01:32:53 PM »
Been switching back and forth between Undertale on PS4 and Pokemon Yellow on my DS. Had heard quite a bit about Undertale prior to playing and so far it's living up to what I imagined it being. Loving the goofy dialogue and dark tone to the whole thing even with 2D graphics.
Currently looking for another game to play during upcoming winter months. Y'all have an suggestions?

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #4481 on: September 18, 2021, 09:09:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Went on a rampage on a 24/7 Siege of Shanghai with the attack heli, hadn’t played in a while. Had a good gunner with me (for once) who went 180-0. Safe to say the enemy team was not pleased and called me names. Bf4 is an old game but damn, towing some poor sap in the other teams helicopter is satisfying. An admin kicked me and my gunner next round because I was “killing the server”.
[close]
bf4 and bf1 are the best from the series it seems. bf5 sorta. 180 is gnarly
[close]

Never played anything but bf4, I like surfing helicopters mid air and repairing critical hits and getting hackusations. Oh I also meant that my gunner went 180, I was 65-0, still decent as a pilot, but we never got any serious opposition. Hope the vehicle exit and entry system of bf2042 is similar, seat switching to extinguish fires is awesome in bf4

That’s a mad score was the other team all shitters or what? Haven’t played bf4 for ages but I remember getting raped by helicopters you just change class and get the dog haha
That game, 3 and also bad company 2 are mad
listen to cosmic psychos

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #4482 on: September 18, 2021, 09:13:02 PM »
Expand Quote
My husband, brother and I tried the free version of Star Citizen. Almost everything in the game was broken. Elevators wouldn’t work. Another player dropped dead and flew into the sky. NPCs sitting on chairs had other NPCs standing in the same chairs, so the whole cityscape looked like a public oral sex simulator. The game kept glitching or crashing so we had to restart our PCs more times than we could count.

I accidentally hit the eject button in my cockpit. The ship was permanently disabled. A quick search revealed you have to do a hard reset in your character to unfuck your ship. It was a hilarious experience. I laughed so hard I cried on several occasions. 10/10

[close]

There are still idiots who think it will be finished...

Yeah don’t know much about games but it seems way to complex to ever work full seems like that blokes tripping, fucken even rockstar and 300 million  would struggle to make that all work properly
listen to cosmic psychos

newguy

« Reply #4483 on: September 19, 2021, 01:52:29 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Went on a rampage on a 24/7 Siege of Shanghai with the attack heli, hadn’t played in a while. Had a good gunner with me (for once) who went 180-0. Safe to say the enemy team was not pleased and called me names. Bf4 is an old game but damn, towing some poor sap in the other teams helicopter is satisfying. An admin kicked me and my gunner next round because I was “killing the server”.
[close]
bf4 and bf1 are the best from the series it seems. bf5 sorta. 180 is gnarly
[close]

Never played anything but bf4, I like surfing helicopters mid air and repairing critical hits and getting hackusations. Oh I also meant that my gunner went 180, I was 65-0, still decent as a pilot, but we never got any serious opposition. Hope the vehicle exit and entry system of bf2042 is similar, seat switching to extinguish fires is awesome in bf4
[close]

That’s a mad score was the other team all shitters or what? Haven’t played bf4 for ages but I remember getting raped by helicopters you just change class and get the dog haha
That game, 3 and also bad company 2 are mad

I was 65-0, my gunner got some fat score though, usually pilots don’t get too many kills, we just deal with other helicopters and vehicles and flying. The other team was decent, just not coordinated and using lock ons, so all the guy shooting had to do was look in the direction of the lock and blast the dude wielding a beep stick to hell. Shanghai is really the only map where you can perform like this, lotsa cover and if your team holds C the other heli is fucked, you can just tow it and hide back behind the tower, which is what I did for most of the match, we emptied the server haha. Only ever played BF4 but apprently helis were even more powerful in BF3 and BC2

TD

• Rep: -2
« Reply #4484 on: September 20, 2021, 12:52:18 AM »
Superliminal - good quick indie romp with some polish and a nice story to drive it. Puzzles aren't hard at all, but I don't think that was the point. It's all about perspective, and it plays really well.

Just started Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance. Kicking myself for overlooking it years ago even though I'm a massive MGS fan.

StillTryin

• Rep: 41
« Reply #4485 on: September 20, 2021, 09:47:44 AM »
Hidden and Dangerous 2. Squad based shooter set in WW2.

It's a fucking mess, barely hanging together but I can't stop trying to finish it because I can see what they were going for and I have a thing for old, overambitious games that bit more than they could chew, even if playing them drives me fucking insane.

When that game came out you already had super solid SWAT/Rainbow 6/Ghost Recon games, but the scale and feel of H&D was pretty unique.

formula420

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4486 on: September 22, 2021, 09:04:31 AM »
Got doom eternal to scratch my fps itch that i get once in a while. Was running out of ammo and couldnt progress but then i saw that i need to use the chainsaw. Fun stuff.

I was playing the ascent a lot but then my xbox controller started to shit the bed. Couldnt make the switch to kbm for that game so i guess i gotta find another controller.

Pushing 4D

• Rep: 9
« Reply #4487 on: September 23, 2021, 09:53:28 AM »
Working my way through Assassin's Creed Valhalla on PS4, which is rad and a looooong game.  Trying to decide what's next on deck.  Thinking God of War but open to other suggestions in the same vein.  I generally liked AC Odyssey too and haven't played Origins yet, but wondering if that will feel like a step backwards.

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 97
« Reply #4488 on: September 23, 2021, 01:39:31 PM »
Playing Xcom 2 right now, so fun. Hit a huge difficulty wall that almost stopped me but I managed to plow through it and just made my way to the last mission.

busey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1284
  • i can't it's a geo!
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #4489 on: September 23, 2021, 02:43:30 PM »
got a question for you bros

in 2015 i made a bet that there would be no more than 1-2 triple A VR titles by 2021
the deadline is december 7th and i think i may have won (i should also say the pay out is $420.69 x 3 )

need opinions here - did i win?
I rolled my ankle jacking off on a ladder.

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4490 on: September 23, 2021, 07:20:35 PM »
taking a pubg break. couple rounds a day for the daily challenges but im uninspired. playing some free mobile mmorpg. shit is filled with weirdos tbh

SUPREMENECKPROTECTOR

• Rep: 99
« Reply #4491 on: September 24, 2021, 12:37:54 AM »

in 2015 i made a bet that there would be no more than 1-2 triple A VR titles by 2021
the deadline is december 7th and i think i may have won (i should also say the pay out is $420.69 x 3 )

I´d say you won the bet if we are talking strictly for VR developed titles, because then the only title worth mentioning would be Half-Life Alyx.

But if ports of triple A titles count, then you lost the bet because there have been some triple A ports.

busey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1284
  • i can't it's a geo!
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #4492 on: September 24, 2021, 05:30:24 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I´d say you won the bet if we are talking strictly for VR developed titles, because then the only title worth mentioning would be Half-Life Alyx.

But if ports of triple A titles count, then you lost the bet because there have been some triple A ports.
what about just in this year alone?
I rolled my ankle jacking off on a ladder.

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4493 on: September 26, 2021, 08:14:49 AM »
pubg arcade mode aloofly. no scope headshot with a mosin nagant at almost 300 meters

Bunk Moreland

« Reply #4494 on: September 26, 2021, 08:24:56 AM »
a ridiculous shark game called man eater.

Blueabyssofthisss

« Reply #4495 on: September 26, 2021, 10:48:05 AM »
Trying for the gold rush achievement on RDR2. I’m at about 60% and I’m starting to hit some really tedious missions. Wasted like 2 hours of my morning trying 2 different missions over and over until I had to give up. Can’t waste my day off lol. 25 more gold medals to go ),:

StillTryin

• Rep: 41
« Reply #4496 on: September 28, 2021, 05:56:00 PM »
Playing Xcom 2 right now, so fun. Hit a huge difficulty wall that almost stopped me but I managed to plow through it and just made my way to the last mission.

That game is a fucking masterpiece.

I played Xenonauts recently which is a clone of the classic ones (UFO Defense/Terror From the Deep). It was brutal but pretty fun. I need to play X-Com 2 again and up the difficulty.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #4497 on: September 29, 2021, 04:09:34 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

That game is a fucking masterpiece.

I played Xenonauts recently which is a clone of the classic ones (UFO Defense/Terror From the Deep). It was brutal but pretty fun. I need to play X-Com 2 again and up the difficulty.

i own the first two newer xcoms and xenonauts and those games are great. played xcom 2 against my buddy for a while and that was fun, but often one would lose connection midgame, so we didn't finish a lot of matches unfortunately. that was disappointing. there was no option to reconnect to a game or save it, such as in civ. which is kind of baffling, since one battle can go on for a pretty long time.

still need to get the dlc for xcom 2. same with civ 6. i always miss the sales and they are too expensive at standard price imo.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4498 on: October 03, 2021, 09:39:13 PM »
Control. Shit is super cryptic and sci-fi. I really like it so far.

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 97
« Reply #4499 on: October 04, 2021, 08:58:40 AM »
Playing this Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin demo right now. For those unaware, it's basically a prequel to the original Final Fantasy game but with Nioh/Dark Souls style combat. The main characters have a weird modern bro vibe to them and I'm not expecting much from the story but the gameplay is surprisingly really fun. There's a 'job' system and supposedly there will be more jobs than were featured in FFV. Each job has it's own skill tree to level up, weapons, combos and special moves. Certain armors and weapons increase your job skill set and give additional bonuses. There's a big twist with the main boss of FF1 Garland but I won't spoil it. Comes out in March I think.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2021, 09:43:44 AM by Theme For A Jackal »