Author Topic: What was the last video game you played?  (Read 556766 times)

DannyDee

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
Re: What was the last video game you played?
« Reply #4710 on: May 26, 2022, 07:51:31 PM »
Don't feel I have the free time to invest in a huge game right now. So, I've been getting my nostalgia on playing Sonic the Hedgehog 2 on Switch Online Genesis. I think it was the first game I owned and loved.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -718
« Reply #4711 on: May 26, 2022, 10:26:27 PM »
Expand Quote
RE2 Demo. Super good, great sound. Will get it later.
[close]

The RE2 remake is basically a whole new game. I just started playing it and it is one of those games that is bittersweet, because you know that the more you play, the sooner it is going to end.

Yepp, played OG on OG PS. This is super good.

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 672
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #4712 on: May 27, 2022, 08:54:14 AM »
I wish i could relive that first experience playing RE2 for ps1… i remember kids at school had their urban legends (IE playing as Akuma)… good times
if the mods were wu-tang, dean would be cappadonna

Yu Dum

« Reply #4713 on: May 27, 2022, 09:17:48 AM »
I'll second that the RE2 remake was fantastic, but NEVER play the RE3 remake. Waste of time and money, imo.
Been diving back into my 3DS catalogue lately. Replayed Ocarina of Time recently and now I'm making my way through Majora's Mask again. Also, Metroid Fusion is a great, underrated (imo) game.

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 97
« Reply #4714 on: June 06, 2022, 08:03:08 AM »
Expand Quote
RE2 Demo. Super good, great sound. Will get it later.
[close]

The RE2 remake is basically a whole new game. I just started playing it and it is one of those games that is bittersweet, because you know that the more you play, the sooner it is going to end.

They just announced the RE4 remake the other day, really curious to see what they do with it considering it needed a remake the least out of the originals

Jewel Runner

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 101
« Reply #4715 on: June 07, 2022, 03:55:16 AM »
Haven't played Mario Kart on the Switch since last year. I played it this weekend and it's still fun

We should organize a SLAP tournament

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4716 on: June 07, 2022, 11:38:54 AM »
Haven't played Mario Kart on the Switch since last year. I played it this weekend and it's still fun

We should organize a SLAP tournament

I don't have the mental capacity or skill to help coordinate that but I'd definitely participate

Skatebeard

• Rep: 129
« Reply #4717 on: June 08, 2022, 07:04:57 AM »
Just started Shin Megami Tensei V on Switch... my backlog is no joke.

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4718 on: June 08, 2022, 07:10:42 AM »

How is that? I've never played those games but got very into Persona 5 and am curios now

Skatebeard

• Rep: 129
« Reply #4719 on: June 08, 2022, 08:40:33 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

How is that? I've never played those games but got very into Persona 5 and am curios now

It's my first foray into the mainline SMT series after playing Persona 5 Strikers and i'm really enjoying it @ 5 hours in - the gameplay loop is pretty fun and its well presented, story isn't the greatest but the way it plays just keeps you locked in...if you like JRPGs and don't mind turn based (lets face it that's what we all grew up playing anyway), then it's pretty much a must play.

I recently sacked off Pokemon Arceus Legends because it felt a total chore to play, SMTV is the exact opposite.

TL;DR Absolutely worth picking up and playing.

Dirty_Dan90

• Rep: -16
« Reply #4720 on: June 08, 2022, 12:56:38 PM »
Goldeneye 007, Mario Kart 64
2 great classics that bring me back to better days

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1045
« Reply #4721 on: June 10, 2022, 07:22:16 PM »
The Mrs and I finished Horizon Forbidden West a couple of weeks ago. I rarely played RPG’s but this was great, albeit lengthy.

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #4722 on: June 10, 2022, 11:00:51 PM »
I just got an N64 controller for my Switch, so been diving into some old 64 games which has been fun!  They just aint the same on a switch controller.

Also, Elden Ring, fuck me dead...  Been playing it every night and have somehow put 210 hours into it and still not finished.  Probably the most insane / enjoyable game i've ever played. 

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4723 on: June 15, 2022, 07:49:01 AM »
I just got an N64 controller for my Switch, so been diving into some old 64 games which has been fun!  They just aint the same on a switch controller.

Also, Elden Ring, fuck me dead...  Been playing it every night and have somehow put 210 hours into it and still not finished.  Probably the most insane / enjoyable game i've ever played.

They're really not the same on any other controller which makes emulating them difficult, hard to even remap the controls to work in my experience. Tried to play Jet Force Gemini a few years ago on a PC and it was a nightmare.

Slugboi22

• Rep: 62
« Reply #4724 on: June 16, 2022, 09:56:25 AM »
I just finished Windwaker last night for the first time. What a great experience! Now on to Witcher 3 and some halo infinite multiplayer :)

pops

• Rep: 220
« Reply #4725 on: June 19, 2022, 11:33:48 AM »
That new TMNT game. You should get it, it's really good and tons of fun.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1891
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #4726 on: June 19, 2022, 08:53:37 PM »

Was about to post this up, had me itching to build a new AMD APU PC so I could bring it to friends places. Streets of Rage 4 was really good too.

I just finished Windwaker last night for the first time. What a great experience!

How much time did you need to commit to this game? I stopped playing BOTW around mid way through, maybe 60 hours in during lockdown.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

pops

• Rep: 220
« Reply #4727 on: June 20, 2022, 04:29:14 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Was about to post this up, had me itching to build a new AMD APU PC so I could bring it to friends places. Streets of Rage 4 was really good too.

Expand Quote
I just finished Windwaker last night for the first time. What a great experience!
[close]

How much time did you need to commit to this game? I stopped playing BOTW around mid way through, maybe 60 hours in during lockdown.

TMNT is super fun with multiplayer. You can play up to 6 players local or online. That launch trailer was FIRE:
https://youtu.be/ozKsDzumb0c

in love w/ fs shuvs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 110
« Reply #4728 on: June 21, 2022, 01:14:00 AM »
Not really a gamer but i got this chill mobile game called flow free. Super chill way to blow some steam here n there without being too addictive/nerdy. Just connecting dots lol. Shits tight.

work_lurker

• I've never had a shaved head in my entire life
« Reply #4729 on: June 22, 2022, 04:23:00 PM »
bought a Switch recently just to get the new Pokemon games. Playing Brilliant Diamond now, and Legends of Arceus is on the nightstand just eye-fucking me every night.
Hopefully not a kook, but if so, fuck it.

Huell Howser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 248
« Reply #4730 on: June 24, 2022, 09:33:13 AM »
^not the biggest pokemon fan but might have to check these out

I bought this game Unravel Two for Switch on a whim yesterday for $5. was looking for a solid local co-op story mode game and found it

WPG

• Rep: -8
« Reply #4731 on: June 26, 2022, 06:39:53 PM »
Not really a gamer but i got this chill mobile game called flow free. Super chill way to blow some steam here n there without being too addictive/nerdy. Just connecting dots lol. Shits tight.

Used to play probably 10 years ago, just re-download thanks for the reminder
Muska, Chillin Chillin
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson flight decks

beatifk

• Rep: 162
« Reply #4732 on: July 21, 2022, 07:24:30 AM »
I'm stuck on Hollow Knight and my friend who's supposed to help guide me through it is away on a cruise so...

I bought Titanfall 2 because I had a hankering to play an FPS. What a great game! Super fun! It's so short, that's the only problem, but I will probably play it a few more times.

I'll probably get God Of War going this weekend since I got it when it was free on PS+ or whatever it's called now.

Anyone have any other modern FPS recommendations? I think I like military type games. But I've also liked sci-fi/fantasy/horror in the past. For example, I liked Halo (1-3) but really disliked any of the Doom games I've played. Half Life 2 and COD: Modern Warfare (the first one on xbox360) were equally enjoyable. Maybe one of the Wolfenstein games? Any of the Metro games any good? I tried a Farcry game a long time ago and I really didn't like it. I will only play the campaign and I will be playing on PS4.

Jewel Runner

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 101
« Reply #4733 on: July 21, 2022, 07:40:45 AM »
^not the biggest pokemon fan but might have to check these out

I bought this game Unravel Two for Switch on a whim yesterday for $5. was looking for a solid local co-op story mode game and found it

Bought this game for Switch aswell to play with my wife and we've been enjoying it a lot

The environment of the game is so smooth and beautiful

newguy

« Reply #4734 on: July 21, 2022, 09:12:01 AM »
I played samorost 3 on my phone recently, genuinely one of the best game i’ve played in my life, it plays and feels like a fairy tail come to life, gorgeous and relaxing, the music is a complete bop as well. Had a lot of trouble completing it cos I kept falling asleep to the nice music haha

I also reached 1k hours on bf4, only installed it last year, I have never played a game so much in such a short time frame, I also got pretty good at it. I love using shit guns and capping clueless players in the head, the vehicular combat is also really fun, although it can be a major pain in the ass sometimes when you face a dude with like 1,7k hours in a single vehicle. I’m still trash with jets though.

Tried TF2 again after a 7 year break, lost all my skill even though I used to compete in plat highlander as a sniper and briefly played friendly sixes. Game is completely dead, its still fun but it hurts to see a game I wasted 5k hours on go like that. I only play it with buddies, can’t stomach the horrible playerbase it has these days without a group to mock them in discord.

Re-installed CSGO and started playing with a full stack of friends messing around. Trying stupid tactics and disregarding the competitive setting yet we’re still climbing rank to global at a decent pace. Unintentionally hilarious but I recommend you play with 4 other friends to avoid shitty teammates (95% of comp players are complete twats)

Black Mesa is great, managed not to spoil myself even though youtube came around when I was a kid and playthroughs have been around for ages. It’s great, a bit awkward though because I’ve accumulated around 200hours on HL2 and its expansions so I already know the basic plot but not the minute details lol

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #4735 on: July 21, 2022, 04:29:36 PM »
^

played tf2 some time ago again, also after a few years break, and just felt like it was chaotic, but not in a good way.

i finished yakuza: like a dragon yesterday. that game is excellent. i'll be mopping up some of the post-game stuff until i get too bored. took me around 60 hours to beat the main story. there's probably more than a dozen hours worth of cutscenes tho. it's insane actually. if you'd make a supercut of the whole plot it would probably be like a full season run of a series.

gameplay was good tho. it's not the deepest battle system and the other (j)rpg aspects are also not as in depth as in other games, but on the plus side this means the amount of micromanagement you have to do is never too annoying.

the story/plot is fantastic all around imo.

Keep_on_Chooglin

• Rep: 29
« Reply #4736 on: July 22, 2022, 10:54:51 PM »
Finally got around to playing Inside (crew that did Limbo) and holy shit is it fantastic.

WPG

• Rep: -8
« Reply #4737 on: July 22, 2022, 11:47:00 PM »
Thrasher Skate and Destroy. Picked up a ps2 at the start of the pandemic and only bought Thrasher recently. Super fun but really hard and a real skateboard sim with no THPS influence (I can't imagine playing expert mode where you have to press square to land tricks)
Muska, Chillin Chillin
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson flight decks

Blind Fisherman

« Reply #4738 on: July 23, 2022, 08:54:52 AM »
Finally got to play Stray last night and it has exceeded all of my expectations. Such a beautiful game. I can't wait to get home and play it tonight.

Slugboi22

« Reply #4739 on: July 23, 2022, 12:39:18 PM »
Finished Omori yesterday! Great jrpg/RPGMaker type game. around 20ish hours to finish the main content but there’s a lot of side content to do. Loved every minute of it. Very Earthbound in overall feel and aesthetic so if you are into that you’ll love it.
edit: @rocklobster i just saw your question from weeks ago! Windwaker isn’t the longest game or the biggest time commitment by any means. my roommate is a huge Zelda fanboy and he recommended for me to start with it because it isn’t too difficult nor long! Give it a shot if you have the means to! iirc it’s around 20-25hrs for main story