Author Topic: What was the last video game you played?  (Read 558744 times)

BurgerCop

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -50
Re: What was the last video game you played?
« Reply #4830 on: December 03, 2022, 11:00:35 AM »
I still play Fallout 76...
It's massively improved since launch (which even that wasn't nearly as bad as people made it out to be)
If you have a few buddies to play with it's actually really fun, and it has the mellowest online community of any video game out there.

linty

• Rep: 36
« Reply #4831 on: December 06, 2022, 10:12:42 PM »

Really enjoyed the first episode of Cultic and looking forward to the next one.

Uh Oh

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 362
« Reply #4832 on: December 07, 2022, 09:21:59 AM »
I still play Fallout 76...
It's massively improved since launch (which even that wasn't nearly as bad as people made it out to be)
If you have a few buddies to play with it's actually really fun, and it has the mellowest online community of any video game out there.

I just hopped on for the first time since February and had to dl a massive update file. I am enjoying it… for now.

Blueabyssofthisss

« Reply #4833 on: December 08, 2022, 10:04:19 AM »
Halo infinite. I beat the campaign 6 months ago and was really impressed. Especially the last few levels. Now I’m playing again, multiplayer this time, and it seems I missed some big updates. Stoked they added forge and custom games. The new maps they added are hard to figure out, and it seems the general player base has gotten so sweaty since the last time I played. Maybe I’m just bad but it’s still good fun

Natas Fauxas

« Reply #4834 on: December 09, 2022, 10:01:26 PM »
I have been playing this game called hellish quart. Its weird and niche, but its fun as hell. Very hard to master.

Steely Daniel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 456
« Reply #4835 on: December 10, 2022, 01:51:13 AM »
Diablo II Resurrected for nostalgia. Was about to log on tonight and I see the pre order for Diablo IV... standard edition is $90 CAD LOLOLOL... Digital Deluxe and Ultimate Edition's $120 and $130 CAD respectively. What a fucking joke.

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 103
« Reply #4836 on: December 12, 2022, 10:36:00 AM »
Diablo II Resurrected for nostalgia. Was about to log on tonight and I see the pre order for Diablo IV... standard edition is $90 CAD LOLOLOL... Digital Deluxe and Ultimate Edition's $120 and $130 CAD respectively. What a fucking joke.

I mean it’s just standard price in US, you guys just get screwed on all new games now thanks to exchange rate right?

Steely Daniel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 456
« Reply #4837 on: December 12, 2022, 09:41:31 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I mean it’s just standard price in US, you guys just get screwed on all new games now thanks to exchange rate right?

I thought triple A games were still like $60-70 since I never buy them but I guess not. Just curious about what kind of extra DLC or comesetic bullshit goes into the other tiers.

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4838 on: December 15, 2022, 02:16:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I thought triple A games were still like $60-70 since I never buy them but I guess not. Just curious about what kind of extra DLC or comesetic bullshit goes into the other tiers.

They definitely are in the U.S. but games in Canada (and a lot of other countries) have been big money for the past few years now... I don't know if it's just exchange rate/not adjusting to international market or what. Most of the digital deluxe stuff is pretty bogus, only legit item is the Season Pass in my opinion

Natas Fauxas

« Reply #4839 on: December 15, 2022, 09:19:37 PM »
I just got High On Life. Its a game with the voices and style of Rick and Morty. So far its pretty damn fun. It also runs well.

HiResDes

• Rep: -39
« Reply #4840 on: December 16, 2022, 12:40:12 PM »
I just started Nioh 2 last week and I'm almost done now

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #4841 on: December 16, 2022, 03:33:36 PM »
started wasting my time with cities:skylines again. an absolute timesink of a game, but it's just very chill and pleasant to play while listening to stuff.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 980
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #4842 on: December 19, 2022, 06:58:19 PM »
Been a slow week leading up the holiday, lotsa game time:

Horizon Forbidden West
High in Life
Evil Dead The Game
Overwatch 2
The Quarry

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 677
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #4843 on: December 20, 2022, 05:10:25 AM »
Been replaying oblivion for shits n giggles… mainly for gems like this

if the mods were wu-tang, dean would be cappadonna

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4844 on: December 23, 2022, 11:56:57 AM »
Installed PS3 and Xbox 360 emulators last night. Been wanting to get into Armored Core so gonna try Armored Core 4, also want to replay Lost Odyssey, one of my favorite JRPG's of all time.

Clone1984

• Rep: 6
« Reply #4845 on: December 29, 2022, 05:34:49 PM »
Just finished Jedi Fallen Order for the first time. Second game I played through all year. There were a lot of things I could say I didn't like about it, sure.. but the majority of the experience completely surpassed my expectations. I don't play a lot of recent titles but I really enjoyed this game and it left me feeling grateful

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4846 on: December 30, 2022, 10:20:56 AM »
Just finished Jedi Fallen Order for the first time. Second game I played through all year. There were a lot of things I could say I didn't like about it, sure.. but the majority of the experience completely surpassed my expectations. I don't play a lot of recent titles but I really enjoyed this game and it left me feeling grateful

If they made the map easier to navigate and had a fast travel system (at least back to the ship) it would be a much better experience in my mind, outside of that I liked it a lot.

Dante Bichette

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 45
  • 10th Prestige
« Reply #4847 on: December 30, 2022, 11:19:06 AM »
https://streamable.com/vgfeyw

UFC 3 Undisputed I've been trying to play this game for years just for the Pride FC mode and finally got it working on the emulator and even figured out how to mod it. Emulation is cool.
Can someone explain in Fortnite terms?

Blueabyssofthisss

« Reply #4848 on: December 31, 2022, 07:23:38 AM »
GTA 4 is broken on the series x. The very last mission is bugged so you can’t button mash quick enough to pull yourself up in to the helicopter. It’s tied to the frame rate or something and I spent hours trying to beat it a year ago before giving up out of frustration. You can’t mash the button fast enough with just your fingers and you have to redo the mission every time you fail.
A few days ago I got back on and used a massage gun on the highest setting to hit the button fast enough and it worked first try. Haven’t beaten the game since 08 so I’m stoked I finally finished it again.

Carrolls Chesthairs

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 118
« Reply #4849 on: December 31, 2022, 07:56:08 AM »
GTA 4 is broken on the series x. The very last mission is bugged so you can’t button mash quick enough to pull yourself up in to the helicopter. It’s tied to the frame rate or something and I spent hours trying to beat it a year ago before giving up out of frustration. You can’t mash the button fast enough with just your fingers and you have to redo the mission every time you fail.
A few days ago I got back on and used a massage gun on the highest setting to hit the button fast enough and it worked first try. Haven’t beaten the game since 08 so I’m stoked I finally finished it again.

Creative!
Enjoy the gnar

These are on deck:
Bioshock collection
God of War PS4
Returnal

Blueabyssofthisss

« Reply #4850 on: January 01, 2023, 05:05:48 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Creative!
Enjoy the gnar

These are on deck:
Bioshock collection
God of War PS4
Returnal
Appreciate that
Bioshock 1 is my favorite game of all time

LesbianPUNCH

• Rep: 25
« Reply #4851 on: January 03, 2023, 09:16:12 PM »
Back and forth between Rocket League and Dead Cells. Still stuck on 2 boss cell difficulty because I always go for cursed chests and then forget I’m cursed. Ope. I love that the developers have continued to create new dlc for the game. The upcoming Castelvania DLC announcement is what inspired my picking it back up. I cannot wait.

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4852 on: January 04, 2023, 07:31:42 AM »
Started a new Elden Ring character two nights ago and been steamrolling it, getting close to end-game now. If anyone wants to party up holler at me.

Also got Demons Souls running on PC on the PS3 emulator with 60fps and online play through the private server, gonna co-op through it with a buddy

steezenking

• Rep: 15
« Reply #4853 on: January 04, 2023, 02:12:32 PM »
I paid 40$ for star citizen so I could formulate my own opinion on it. It's everything I want in a game, in theory. If its ever done and polished, it will be amazing but I don't think that'll ever happen. Its mind boggling people spend so much money on it. Really just makes me more excited for Star Field.

skate_bored

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
« Reply #4854 on: January 05, 2023, 11:50:14 AM »
aside from session, i just started Far Cry. Playstation + added them for free and my gf randomly started to enjoy the adventure games last year (thanks to watching me play RDR2).

We started playing Far Cry 5 together and I've started Far Cry 3 myself. It's super fun. My only interest in video games has always been skateboarding, Madden, GTA and Red Dead. This is pretty close to those last 2 and keeps my interest. Excited to find something new to play longer than 20 minutes, and she's into it as well which is a plus.

Blind Fisherman

« Reply #4855 on: January 19, 2023, 11:04:30 AM »
Been bouncing back and forth between Pokemon Omega Ruby and Majora's Mask. First time ever playing Omega Ruby and the improvements from the original GBA game are pretty impressive. Started just a few days ago and I'm already getting ready to head to Sootopolis.

HalfWolf

• Rep: 0
« Reply #4856 on: January 22, 2023, 09:05:27 PM »
Mass Effect 2 and Night City and medieval 2 total war with cheats. It stinks no matter where I live. Because of bureaucracy, Citadel repairs are taking forever, Omega is a cesspool, and every planet is being overrun with Blue Suns, Blood Pack, Eclipse, or Collectors.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2023, 08:26:23 PM by HalfWolf »

Carrolls Chesthairs

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 118
« Reply #4857 on: January 23, 2023, 03:11:03 PM »
cuphead hard af

ChompskyHonk

• Rep: 8
  • flow state in the bruh dimension
« Reply #4858 on: January 24, 2023, 08:12:00 AM »
been playing mostly pc and switch nowadays.

my pc rotation has been mordhau, session, skate 2 (ps3 emulator), resident evil 1 remake, and control. I'm too much of a pussy to consistently play through resi 1, but control is dope.

on switch I've been playing kirby and the forgotten land co-op w my gf, and I've been replaying Mario galaxy for the first time since I was a kid. that was one of the first games I ever played through on console and the nostalgia is super heavy.

every now and then I'll hop on the xbox to play skate 3 but that rarely happens since skate 2 is the vastly superior game and session is a better skate sim

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4859 on: January 24, 2023, 08:41:37 AM »
Playing Tactics Ogre for the first time and man it rules. Wasn't sure how much I'd like it and didn't want to shell out the cash for Reborn so I went the PSP emulator route but the game is so good and Reborn looks so crispy that I ended up buying it last night.