Author Topic: What was the last video game you played?  (Read 556504 times)

Dante Bichette

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • 10th Prestige
Re: What was the last video game you played?
« Reply #4860 on: January 24, 2023, 11:40:32 AM »
Finishing up Yakuza Kiwami 2 since I didn’t play the originals on PS2 game is so fucking good. Great visuals, humor, and story. Fighting is meh compared to Yakuza 0 (mostly consists of weapon combat) but not off putting at all. If you have the time get into Yakuza it’s some immersive shit, the only game where I ask myself “did I eat at this restaurant yet?” Also if you’re a Japanese wrestling fan there are some cool cameos throughout the series.
Can someone explain in Fortnite terms?

Newphone

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -512
« Reply #4861 on: January 24, 2023, 11:56:13 AM »
Finishing up my first full play through of ocarina of time, despite playing it back when it came out.  It’s been alright, but I’m surprised that it’s so loved, not in my top three Zelda games.

ChompskyHonk

• Rep: 8
  • flow state in the bruh dimension
« Reply #4862 on: January 24, 2023, 12:24:39 PM »
Finishing up my first full play through of ocarina of time, despite playing it back when it came out.  It’s been alright, but I’m surprised that it’s so loved, not in my top three Zelda games.

it's definitely overpraised solely bc it was the first 3D entry in the series and it got the formula right. I think twilight princess and wind waker did it better, but ocarina laid the blueprint for them. my top 3 are definitely wind waker, skyward sword, and breath of the wild tho. what are yours?

Newphone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4863 on: January 24, 2023, 12:38:30 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

it's definitely overpraised solely bc it was the first 3D entry in the series and it got the formula right. I think twilight princess and wind waker did it better, but ocarina laid the blueprint for them. my top 3 are definitely wind waker, skyward sword, and breath of the wild tho. what are yours?

Of the ones I’ve completed botw, twilight princess, and wind waker but it pains me to keep link to the past not in there, a close fourth.  I’m also trying to play through skyward sword simultaneously, and not loving that one as much either! Don’t get me wrong, I’m enjoying them all, as do my kids but skywards art feels like an off brand computer game or something. 

ChompskyHonk

« Reply #4864 on: January 24, 2023, 12:52:15 PM »
I grew up with skyward sword so nostalgia clouds my opinions regarding it. I have super fond memories of rushing to my Wii as soon as I got home from school so I could wave around the wiimote like a total spaz. it'd be fun to see how the HD remake holds up

Blueabyssofthisss

« Reply #4865 on: January 25, 2023, 05:42:04 AM »
cuphead hard af
I always get stuck and put the game down for a month. Then I’ll come back later and grind out the level I was stuck on. Been stuck on that damn bee level for so long.

Jewel Runner

• Rep: 101
« Reply #4866 on: January 25, 2023, 05:46:38 AM »
been playing mostly pc and switch nowadays.

my pc rotation has been mordhau, session, skate 2 (ps3 emulator), resident evil 1 remake, and control. I'm too much of a pussy to consistently play through resi 1, but control is dope.

on switch I've been playing kirby and the forgotten land co-op w my gf, and I've been replaying Mario galaxy for the first time since I was a kid. that was one of the first games I ever played through on console and the nostalgia is super heavy.

every now and then I'll hop on the xbox to play skate 3 but that rarely happens since skate 2 is the vastly superior game and session is a better skate sim

How are you guys liking it? I haven't considered buying it but I'm always down for a good co-op to play with the wife

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 854
« Reply #4867 on: January 27, 2023, 04:13:37 AM »
Dug out an og Gameboy with Wario blast (basically just classic Bomberman but with Wario) fukn smashed 99% of it easy but it's got that classic game problem where it actually gets easier as you go but then the finally boss is basically impossible

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1963
« Reply #4868 on: January 27, 2023, 07:28:06 AM »
This past weekend I redownloaded the Halo Master Chief Collection and got down with a bunch of Halo 3.

it's kind of a shame. I think Halo Infinite's gameplay is really snappy and fun, but going back to those old games really just shows how much more of a complete package Halo used to be. The maps are better, the playlists are better, the user experience is better. I think I'd rather pay full retail price for a more fulfilling game than these slightly hollow free to play ones.

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 399
« Reply #4869 on: January 27, 2023, 08:12:01 AM »
Expand Quote
cuphead hard af
[close]
I always get stuck and put the game down for a month. Then I’ll come back later and grind out the level I was stuck on. Been stuck on that damn bee level for so long.

thank you for the reminder to pick it back up, in which I will do so for just this weekend and then rage quit for another 3 months until I'm reminded of it again.

Jebediah

• Rep: 110
« Reply #4870 on: January 29, 2023, 12:38:34 PM »
I've been playing Goldeneye 007 which was recently released on Xbox and the Switch. Supposedly you need game pass on the Xbox but I've been playing it for free with no game pass since yesterday. Still a lot of fun and tons of nostalgia getting lost in some of these levels.

Edit
I figured out why I could play it without game pass.

"A subscription costs $10 a month, though people who own a digital copy of Rare Replay, the 30-game compilation of classics that came out in 2015, can also get access to GoldenEye for free."
« Last Edit: January 29, 2023, 07:55:34 PM by Jebediah »

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1891
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #4871 on: January 29, 2023, 11:06:21 PM »
Anyone got recommendations for good 2 player games on the Nintendo Switch? My nephew recently got a Switch, was looking at some co-op games that he and my brother-in-law can play together split screen. It's a shame there isn't Zelda Four Swords on Switch, wish there was a Zelda hack and slash on the console.

I may have to start playing Fortnight since my nephew asked if we could play it together. I played Apex Legends for a bit so I know how battle royale games work, but what's up with the building mechanics?

Wanted to get some time in on the new Dead Space Remake but its a buggy messy at the moment. Giving it a few months for the patches to be released.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Jewel Runner

• Rep: 101
« Reply #4872 on: January 30, 2023, 04:14:43 AM »
Anyone got recommendations for good 2 player games on the Nintendo Switch? My nephew recently got a Switch, was looking at some co-op games that he and my brother-in-law can play together split screen. It's a shame there isn't Zelda Four Swords on Switch, wish there was a Zelda hack and slash on the console.

I may have to start playing Fortnight since my nephew asked if we could play it together. I played Apex Legends for a bit so I know how battle royale games work, but what's up with the building mechanics?

Wanted to get some time in on the new Dead Space Remake but its a buggy messy at the moment. Giving it a few months for the patches to be released.

My favourites are Luigi's Mansion 3, Super Mario 3D World, Mario Kart and both Mario Parties

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4873 on: January 30, 2023, 08:17:31 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

My favourites are Luigi's Mansion 3, Super Mario 3D World, Mario Kart and both Mario Parties

Co-sign all these. Luigi’s mansion is a great game series.

ChompskyHonk

« Reply #4874 on: January 30, 2023, 12:48:45 PM »
Expand Quote
been playing mostly pc and switch nowadays.

my pc rotation has been mordhau, session, skate 2 (ps3 emulator), resident evil 1 remake, and control. I'm too much of a pussy to consistently play through resi 1, but control is dope.

on switch I've been playing kirby and the forgotten land co-op w my gf, and I've been replaying Mario galaxy for the first time since I was a kid. that was one of the first games I ever played through on console and the nostalgia is super heavy.

every now and then I'll hop on the xbox to play skate 3 but that rarely happens since skate 2 is the vastly superior game and session is a better skate sim
[close]

How are you guys liking it? I haven't considered buying it but I'm always down for a good co-op to play with the wife

it's solid. a real 3D kirby (not no crystal shards shit) with co-op is fun in small doses but gets boring after a while. I feel that's a problem with most kirby games tho bc the levels can get pretty repetitive. as far as 3d platforms with co-op go, I think it's definitely worth it if you can grab it on sale but for $60 I feel it's hard to justify unless you're a diehard kirby fan, which I'm assuming you're not.

Carrolls Chesthairs

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 117
« Reply #4875 on: January 30, 2023, 05:04:59 PM »
Expand Quote
cuphead hard af
[close]
Been stuck on that damn bee level for so long.

You got it!
Just work the side if need be. The falling honey is a deterrent to make the screen smaller.
Also when the bee aims at you with those spheres, fake it out and then go the other way.

Good luck!

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4876 on: January 30, 2023, 07:14:23 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Looks like Super Mario 3D world and Luigi's Mansion it is, I feel compelled to get him BOTW but I figured it's way too deep for a 8 year old. The mechanics are very open and timing parrys / flurry rushes can be tricky, may have to get him a hard copy strategy guide with the game.

And 2 Switch controllers, my hands can't handle the tiny ones that come with the console. Love the look and feel of the 8bitdo ones especially the retro colorways, I can feel the money loosening from my wallet already.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4877 on: January 31, 2023, 10:37:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Looks like Super Mario 3D world and Luigi's Mansion it is, I feel compelled to get him BOTW but I figured it's way too deep for a 8 year old. The mechanics are very open and timing parrys / flurry rushes can be tricky, may have to get him a hard copy strategy guide with the game.

And 2 Switch controllers, my hands can't handle the tiny ones that come with the console. Love the look and feel of the 8bitdo ones especially the retro colorways, I can feel the money loosening from my wallet already.

If you do decide to get him BOTW (which I vote you do and he'll grow into it) definitely get this guide book https://a.co/d/3Sefoci on top of it being a super clear and in depth dive into the game and a great guide it's also just a beautiful coffee table book. It's got a lot of really dope artwork in it on top of the guide plus some background info on character development and what not. just good stuff all around.

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4878 on: January 31, 2023, 06:47:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

If you do decide to get him BOTW (which I vote you do and he'll grow into it) definitely get this guide book https://a.co/d/3Sefoci on top of it being a super clear and in depth dive into the game and a great guide it's also just a beautiful coffee table book. It's got a lot of really dope artwork in it on top of the guide plus some background info on character development and what not. just good stuff all around.

Great, now I need a copy for myself.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

scab

• Rep: 200
« Reply #4879 on: February 01, 2023, 04:49:12 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Co-sign all these. Luigi’s mansion is a great game series.

It Takes Two is a great story-driven co-op game and fun as hell to play. Can't recommend that one enough.

Newphone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4880 on: February 01, 2023, 09:54:29 AM »
I've been playing Goldeneye 007 which was recently released on Xbox and the Switch. Supposedly you need game pass on the Xbox but I've been playing it for free with no game pass since yesterday. Still a lot of fun and tons of nostalgia getting lost in some of these levels.

Edit
I figured out why I could play it without game pass.

"A subscription costs $10 a month, though people who own a digital copy of Rare Replay, the 30-game compilation of classics that came out in 2015, can also get access to GoldenEye for free."

Way into golden eye on the switch, brings back so many memories, crazy that im stuff is still in my brain.

Steely Daniel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 456
« Reply #4881 on: February 03, 2023, 02:36:08 PM »
Tried that new Undisputed Boxing game Early Acess on Steam. Ended up being pretty unimpressed and got a refund for it..

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1238
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #4882 on: February 05, 2023, 05:56:50 PM »
Playing through Chained Echoes.  It’s like if they made Final Fantasy VI today.  As someone who thinks the stories in 99% of games are awful, I can honestly say it has a really good story.  Good for people who are into pixelated, cartoon graphics, as I am.

« Last Edit: February 05, 2023, 06:09:03 PM by SneakySecrets »
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

InternetDaddy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
  • sup breh
« Reply #4883 on: February 05, 2023, 06:24:44 PM »
I've been playing the PC port of Horizon: Zero Dawn, it's cool so far. Waiting for TLOU port in march and then Baldur's Gate 3 whenever that comes out. I had been playing Apex pretty much daily for the last couple years but I'm completely burned out on BRs now.
Look I'm not selling anything that doesn't have my jizz on it. I don't care how much is offered.

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 97
« Reply #4884 on: February 13, 2023, 11:35:58 AM »
Been playing the newest demo for Dark and Darker with a buddy the past few days, it's super fun though in my mind I'd prefer a version of it that didn't have the Battle Royale aspect, though I don't know exactly what it would be at that point to be fair

Blind Fisherman

« Reply #4885 on: February 15, 2023, 09:17:01 PM »
Started playing Observer not too long ago and it’s been a pretty interesting/frustrating/fun/scary experience so far.
https://youtu.be/c3xSyjKA4iQ

swellbowed

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 462
  • ow
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4886 on: February 16, 2023, 08:06:04 AM »
Been playing the new Fire Emblem lately - enjoying it

ridethegutter

• Rep: 62
« Reply #4887 on: February 17, 2023, 03:49:34 AM »
I just got the xbox ultimate game pass.  I have been trying so many games that I probably would have never bought. So far I am liking gears 5 and sniper elite 5.

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1536
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #4888 on: February 17, 2023, 05:05:48 PM »
Started playing Observer not too long ago and it’s been a pretty interesting/frustrating/fun/scary experience so far.
https://youtu.be/c3xSyjKA4iQ

That game looks absolutely crazy
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

Blueabyssofthisss

« Reply #4889 on: February 18, 2023, 08:31:41 PM »
Been exploring Hogwarts legacy. It’s incredible.
Also gta 5 online