Author Topic: What was the last video game you played?  (Read 556429 times)

Jebediah

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 110
Re: What was the last video game you played?
« Reply #5010 on: May 08, 2023, 04:03:19 PM »
Re4 remake, it's fun exploring everything again like playing the first so many years ago. Still undecided on which guns to start upgrading, I've only put money into the red 9 and knife so far.

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 97
« Reply #5011 on: May 09, 2023, 07:51:44 AM »
Re4 remake, it's fun exploring everything again like playing the first so many years ago. Still undecided on which guns to start upgrading, I've only put money into the red 9 and knife so far.

Red9 and Riot Gun are the go-to's for me. Just finished doing every challenge a few nights ago, had a blast with this game and can't wait for DLC.

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 672
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #5012 on: May 09, 2023, 09:21:56 AM »
Is the TMP in the remake….? I used to torture myself and mostly use it in the OG lol
if the mods were wu-tang, dean would be cappadonna

Jebediah

• Rep: 110
« Reply #5013 on: May 09, 2023, 01:29:04 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Red9 and Riot Gun are the go-to's for me. Just finished doing every challenge a few nights ago, had a blast with this game and can't wait for DLC.

I think I'm going riot gun as well, I liked the striker shotgun in the original although I heard the exclusive ammo upgrade isn't as good as before. The red9 has poor accuracy although I just got the option to unlock the stock for it.

Is the TMP in the remake….? I used to torture myself and mostly use it in the OG lol

It is, and I think they added a new smg although I haven't gotten that far yet. I think it would also benefit a lot from the stock, the lack of laser sights and the moment it takes to aim accurately with the closing reticle makes shooting precisely more challenging.

I was getting my ass handed to me in the cabin until I remembered to start parrying attacks, I need to take advantage of the deeper combat mechanics. I'm stoked to spend more time in it after work, and eventually start messing with mods.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IMyOXU4Jeds&pp=ygUIcmU0IG1vZHM%3D
« Last Edit: May 09, 2023, 01:39:36 PM by Jebediah »

switchfakie

« Reply #5014 on: May 09, 2023, 11:16:18 PM »
Zelda windwaker on cemu on the PC

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5015 on: May 10, 2023, 07:20:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I think I'm going riot gun as well, I liked the striker shotgun in the original although I heard the exclusive ammo upgrade isn't as good as before. The red9 has poor accuracy although I just got the option to unlock the stock for it.

Expand Quote
[close]

It is, and I think they added a new smg although I haven't gotten that far yet. I think it would also benefit a lot from the stock, the lack of laser sights and the moment it takes to aim accurately with the closing reticle makes shooting precisely more challenging.

I was getting my ass handed to me in the cabin until I remembered to start parrying attacks, I need to take advantage of the deeper combat mechanics. I'm stoked to spend more time in it after work, and eventually start messing with mods.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IMyOXU4Jeds&pp=ygUIcmU0IG1vZHM%3D

Parrying and shooting enemies in the head once or twice to trigger the melee prompt is huge, being able to sweep kick all the enemies in front of you is a massive help when you're getting overwhelmed

I never had any issues with the Red 9's aim personally but it's definitely slow to reload compared to other pistols. I used the fully upgraded Matilda for my 'pistol and knife' only run and had a fun time with it

ChompskyHonk

• Rep: 8
  • flow state in the bruh dimension
« Reply #5016 on: May 10, 2023, 10:15:03 AM »
been about a month into my replay of botw and outside of the initial quests in kakariko and hateno villages I haven't done shit to progress the story. the exploration in this game is too good to really care about the boring ass story. i only have like 3 more sections of the map left to fill up but I'm too busy trying to beat lynels with only 6 hearts for my health

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5017 on: May 10, 2023, 10:46:57 AM »
been about a month into my replay of botw and outside of the initial quests in kakariko and hateno villages I haven't done shit to progress the story. the exploration in this game is too good to really care about the boring ass story. i only have like 3 more sections of the map left to fill up but I'm too busy trying to beat lynels with only 6 hearts for my health

You gonna be finished before Tears of the Kingdom?

ChompskyHonk

• Rep: 8
  • flow state in the bruh dimension
« Reply #5018 on: May 17, 2023, 07:48:43 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

nope I'm taking my time with it because I'm broke and unwilling to thorp $70 on totk at the moment

changed1

« Reply #5019 on: May 17, 2023, 05:16:32 PM »
Call of Duty Black Ops 1 zombies- Call of the Dead

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5020 on: May 18, 2023, 08:45:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

nope I'm taking my time with it because I'm broke and unwilling to thorp $70 on totk at the moment

Got it on Switch a few days ago and it’s super fun, unfortunately found out a day later that it’s already ripped and emulated on PC at 4k 60fps so I’ll possibly be switching to that when I get home from vacation, not sure if I want to start over though

newguy

« Reply #5021 on: May 22, 2023, 11:18:04 PM »
i'm playing donkey kong country 2 rn and the soundtrack is nuts, I mean listen to this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxAZfLenfa0&list=PLKKQIYZUT7P5BiGlry9U05wOAnd5YK9rp&index=322

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5022 on: May 24, 2023, 07:13:17 AM »
i'm playing donkey kong country 2 rn and the soundtrack is nuts, I mean listen to this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxAZfLenfa0&list=PLKKQIYZUT7P5BiGlry9U05wOAnd5YK9rp&index=322

One of the best of all time and I'll take that to my grave

newguy

« Reply #5023 on: June 01, 2023, 12:44:29 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

One of the best of all time and I'll take that to my grave

We need a video game music thread honestly, so many bangers that aren't known or appreciated.

Anyways, I've been obsessively playing resident village, probably completed it 4 times so far, it's probably one of the best game i've played in my life and has the strongest art direction and cohesive design I've seen in any game so far. The guns are also really fun, the bosses are great, the voice acting is excellent, the work done on the animations is amazing, just an excellent game. Its also unintentionally hilarious as the guy you play is completely unfazed by all the fucked up shit he goes through and delivers the weakest one liners known to man in the most deadpan tone, just amazing lol

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5024 on: June 01, 2023, 02:57:47 PM »
SNES had some of the best music…. There’s some sleeping SNES music mixes on YouTube…

There was this rockstar game for ps2, Manhunt… anyone remember that one? Brutal game. But the soundtrack is very John Carpenter -esque..

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1888
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #5025 on: June 02, 2023, 07:42:27 AM »
Mega Man X and X2 - had some amazing tunes, but Chrono Trigger takes the cake.

I love hearing how SNES tunes would sound on a Sega Genesis which sounded bass-ier with richer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sufpef8WaUY&ab_channel=Tex
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CzkswHHxQI&ab_channel=SavagedRegime
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 399
« Reply #5026 on: June 02, 2023, 08:33:38 AM »
SNES had some of the best music…. There’s some sleeping SNES music mixes on YouTube…

There was this rockstar game for ps2, Manhunt… anyone remember that one? Brutal game. But the soundtrack is very John Carpenter -esque..

I listen to a ton of Lo-Fi mixes of early video game music while I'm working. It's both perfect background noise but nostalgically comforting when a track comes on and I remember the exact level or game that it's from. Makes me smile for a quick moment in the middle of writing a bitter email back to an idiot client.

Dante Bichette

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • 10th Prestige
« Reply #5027 on: June 02, 2023, 08:47:51 AM »

Ambient horror masterpiece even just the main menu music is some super unsettling shit.

https://youtu.be/YAhnoH3ZP48

https://youtu.be/YRVFR63Elq4
Can someone explain in Fortnite terms?

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5028 on: June 03, 2023, 04:22:52 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I listen to a ton of Lo-Fi mixes of early video game music while I'm working. It's both perfect background noise but nostalgically comforting when a track comes on and I remember the exact level or game that it's from. Makes me smile for a quick moment in the middle of writing a bitter email back to an idiot client.

They’re the best… SNESdrunk might be my favorite. He also has like long mixes of snes easter eggs which scratches my nerdy itch lmao…

Expand Quote

[close]
Ambient horror masterpiece even just the main menu music is some super unsettling shit.

https://youtu.be/YAhnoH3ZP48

https://youtu.be/YRVFR63Elq4

The soundtrack made the game’s scary factor next level.. with the heartbeat as enemies were near. I never did beat it as a kid..

The second manhunt meh… felt like they were aiming solely for gore and shock…

Mr. Pickles

• Rep: 39
« Reply #5029 on: June 04, 2023, 10:18:44 AM »
I’m trying to play bloodborne, started yesterday. Trying. I got to the first boss, died, so I’ve just been grinding the first area and leveling up a little. Idk what stats I should be pumping.

yghartsyrt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 200
« Reply #5030 on: June 04, 2023, 11:31:59 AM »
I’m trying to play bloodborne, started yesterday. Trying. I got to the first boss, died, so I’ve just been grinding the first area and leveling up a little. Idk what stats I should be pumping.

Depends on your play style. I liked fast in Bloodborne, since it was already faster than dark souls, so I pumped a lot of stats into dexterity (or whatever it is called in bloodborne). A good amoun in health is also a good choice

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -200
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #5031 on: June 04, 2023, 04:43:05 PM »
Street Fighter 6
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

switchfakie

« Reply #5032 on: June 04, 2023, 06:01:53 PM »
tears of the kingdom

notmikerusczyk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 280
« Reply #5033 on: June 04, 2023, 09:12:12 PM »
just pump points into whatever damage your weapon scales with (strength or skill) as well as health and stamina. I'm assuming you're talking the cleric beast; go farm a full inv of vials and you should be good. one of my favorite games ever for sure

Mr. Pickles

• Rep: 39
« Reply #5034 on: June 05, 2023, 07:27:48 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
just pump points into whatever damage your weapon scales with (strength or skill) as well as health and stamina. I'm assuming you're talking the cleric beast; go farm a full inv of vials and you should be good. one of my favorite games ever for sure
Yea cleric beast. I molotov’d it down pretty far and just played it patient. Then basically ran screaming through the aqueduct until I hit that huge pig, killed it, then got to the next guy and quit for the night. If I play it too close to bed I can’t sleep.

Weeb_poser

• Rep: 0
« Reply #5035 on: June 05, 2023, 07:52:00 AM »
Fear and hunger terminal

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1888
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #5036 on: June 05, 2023, 09:43:37 PM »
Fear and hunger terminal

It's nice that's it's been getting a lot of love recently, especially since it was done by 1 person. I would never play the game but I'll watch the commentary channels on repeat .

Played TotK for 30 minutes last weekend running off the Ryujinx emulator (5600x, 6600xt), don't think I got the 30fps mod working but at 1080p it's pretty playable. occasional stutters, but if I start tuning my CPU and GPU, load shader cache and getting the mods working it should be fully playable soonish.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

frontsideNECKTIE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 191
  • Precision Posture
« Reply #5037 on: June 06, 2023, 09:55:15 AM »
Expand Quote
Fear and hunger terminal
[close]

It's nice that's it's been getting a lot of love recently, especially since it was done by 1 person. I would never play the game but I'll watch the commentary channels on repeat .

Played TotK for 30 minutes last weekend running off the Ryujinx emulator (5600x, 6600xt), don't think I got the 30fps mod working but at 1080p it's pretty playable. occasional stutters, but if I start tuning my CPU and GPU, load shader cache and getting the mods working it should be fully playable soonish.

My friend got TotK running so goddamn perfect on whatever emulator set-up he's using (sorry I don't know shit about it, couldn't tell ya specifics) and it blows the switch port away. I could only watch like 10 minutes until I was about to get jealous lol. 60fps makes that game buttery smooth

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5038 on: June 06, 2023, 02:12:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Fear and hunger terminal
[close]

[close]

My friend got TotK running so goddamn perfect on whatever emulator set-up he's using (sorry I don't know shit about it, couldn't tell ya specifics) and it blows the switch port away. I could only watch like 10 minutes until I was about to get jealous lol. 60fps makes that game buttery smooth

Emulators are much more CPU heavy than normally playing a game and a lot of gaming PC's are super GPU heavy and lighter on CPU which is why a lot of people aren't getting great performance I think

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -200
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #5039 on: June 06, 2023, 07:18:32 PM »
World Tour mode for Street Fighter 6 has a random arcade cabinet tucked away in an alleyway with the original Final Fight game in its entirety with unlimited continues.

I beat Final Fight while playing Street Fighter 6.
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion