Author Topic: What was the last video game you played?  (Read 556726 times)

Theme For A Jackal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 97
Re: What was the last video game you played?
« Reply #5040 on: June 09, 2023, 08:52:13 AM »
World Tour mode for Street Fighter 6 has a random arcade cabinet tucked away in an alleyway with the original Final Fight game in its entirety with unlimited continues.

I beat Final Fight while playing Street Fighter 6.

The Yakuza games always have arcades you can do this stuff in and I love it

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1474
  • Illusion Flip
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #5041 on: June 09, 2023, 02:23:51 PM »
I’m still playing Zelda BotW. Down to 57 koroks remaining. Still aimlessly wandering and looking really hard at trees and rocks while Hyrule suffers.

linty

• Rep: 36
« Reply #5042 on: June 09, 2023, 10:31:37 PM »
Skate 3 on a PS3 emulator. Works really smoothly and manages to run at 60 fps most of the time.

changed1

« Reply #5043 on: June 11, 2023, 09:29:19 PM »
Been playing Bully for my first time. Games incredible. Hope I unlock the skateboard soon.

Also playing Assassins Creed Black Flag for my first time. It’s quickly becoming my favorite AC game. Setting is unbeatable.

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 672
« Reply #5044 on: June 12, 2023, 06:03:57 PM »
Been playing Bully for my first time. Games incredible. Hope I unlock the skateboard soon.

Also playing Assassins Creed Black Flag for my first time. It’s quickly becoming my favorite AC game. Setting is unbeatable.

Bully is a blast… always enjoyed attacking the security guys and taking off lol
if the mods were wu-tang, dean would be cappadonna

WPG

• Rep: -8
« Reply #5045 on: June 13, 2023, 11:00:43 AM »

Bully is too fun, i love the music and atmosphere. the skateboard is fun as a novelty and to jump down stairs but if you wanna get around there's a way to unlock the go kart super early on (you have to glitch to an area you shouldn't be in yet to finish all the races)

boat missions were always my least favourite part of any AC game so I've never played Black Flag am I missing out or if I don't like sailing I won't like it
Muska, Chillin Chillin
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson flight decks

Dante Bichette

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • 10th Prestige
« Reply #5046 on: June 13, 2023, 02:37:54 PM »

Playing Ready or Not and there’s a Harold Hunter easter egg thought I was tripping for a second
Can someone explain in Fortnite terms?

meaningless mess

• Rep: 37
« Reply #5047 on: June 14, 2023, 07:18:45 AM »
Been going back through Ghost of Tsushima after not touching it for about a year. Accidentally saved over my original progress with a new playthrough and just never got around to playing it again.
Forgot how much fun the combat and exploration was.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
« Reply #5048 on: June 14, 2023, 02:40:46 PM »
Now I've been playing a lot of Red Dead Redemption 2. I'm about 70% of the way through the game. Mostly been working on side missions and hunting/fishing legendary animals.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

meaningless mess

• Rep: 37
« Reply #5049 on: June 21, 2023, 11:29:56 AM »
Got Metroid Prime (GameCube) for a great price off eBay the other day. Spent way too long playing it last night, but goddamn, this game is an absolute classic.

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -200
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #5050 on: June 21, 2023, 11:38:01 AM »
I’ve got Tecmo Bowl and Wrestlefest on an emulator for when I need a break from Street Fighter 6.
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

yghartsyrt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 200
« Reply #5051 on: June 21, 2023, 02:33:33 PM »
Been playing TMNT - shredder’s revenge with my son recently. Lots of fun. I feel like I’m 13 again and playing the TMNT Arcade version

Carrolls Chesthairs

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 117
« Reply #5052 on: June 26, 2023, 02:00:20 PM »
Gonna do the pikmin 1+2 bundle after I finish the main quests in TOTK

Need a break from open world games after this one

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1891
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #5053 on: June 26, 2023, 06:47:20 PM »
Decided to get a 13" gaming laptop (Asus X13) for whenever I'm traveling for work. Wasn't a fan of the Asus ROG Ally build quality and UI despite it having a better form factor, but my tired eyes can't handle squinting over a tiny screen.

Anyone have recommendations for games to play on the go? So far I've got:
- Into the Breach
- Aliens Dark Descent
- Darkest Dungeon 1, the 2nd one seems meh
- Maybe TotK
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 97
« Reply #5054 on: June 27, 2023, 09:07:24 AM »
Decided to get a 13" gaming laptop (Asus X13) for whenever I'm traveling for work. Wasn't a fan of the Asus ROG Ally build quality and UI despite it having a better form factor, but my tired eyes can't handle squinting over a tiny screen.

- Into the Breach
- Aliens Dark Descent
- Maybe TotK

You're into strategy? Have you played XCOM 2 already?

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 871
« Reply #5055 on: June 27, 2023, 01:15:24 PM »
Been playing TMNT - shredder’s revenge with my son recently. Lots of fun. I feel like I’m 13 again and playing the TMNT Arcade version

I'm playing it in the order of my fav turtles so I just finished it with Donny, about to start a run through with Raph. Like you said, it really does take me back to the arcade and 16bit console games like turtles in time. Honestly my only real complaint is how short it was but I know it's a kids game and all that.

I would be super stoked if they did the same spiritual successor thing with the other other side scroller beat em ups from that era like X-Men and the Simpsons. Don't need to reinvent the wheel, just put some tread on the tires. I looked at battletoads but it looks they tried to make it appeal to todays kids rather than nostalgic boomers. How dare they?

yghartsyrt

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5056 on: June 27, 2023, 02:06:04 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I'm playing it in the order of my fav turtles so I just finished it with Donny, about to start a run through with Raph. Like you said, it really does take me back to the arcade and 16bit console games like turtles in time. Honestly my only real complaint is how short it was but I know it's a kids game and all that.

I would be super stoked if they did the same spiritual successor thing with the other other side scroller beat em ups from that era like X-Men and the Simpsons. Don't need to reinvent the wheel, just put some tread on the tires. I looked at battletoads but it looks they tried to make it appeal to todays kids rather than nostalgic boomers. How dare they?

Would be cool, to play through it, in the order of your favorite turtles. Unfortunately my sons always chooses a different one from him to play. But to be honest, i don’t really mind. Such a fun game. Action is tight. As you said, no need to reinvent the wheel.

Didn’t know there was a battletoads remake, but I wasn’t into battletoads that much as a kid.

Played streets of rage 2 on a mega drive the other day with a friend. that was some incredible nostalgia trip.

Haven’t played streets of rage 4, yet. Did you?

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1891
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #5057 on: June 27, 2023, 07:00:31 PM »
Expand Quote

- Into the Breach
- Aliens Dark Descent
- Maybe TotK
[close]

You're into strategy? Have you played XCOM 2 already?

Yeah, I don't mind anything that is easy on the graphics and doesn't require fast twitch inputs. Something easy to pick up, play a few rounds before bed.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Jebediah

• Rep: 110
« Reply #5058 on: June 28, 2023, 12:08:22 AM »
Slowly getting through original resident evil 4 on professional difficulty for the first time.

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 672
« Reply #5059 on: June 28, 2023, 05:34:35 AM »
Slowly getting through original resident evil 4 on professional difficulty for the first time.

Intense… i remember beating it on normal and feeling pretty good lol my nephew and I beat RE 5, but it wasn’t as satisfying as 4…
if the mods were wu-tang, dean would be cappadonna

Uh Oh

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 358
« Reply #5060 on: June 28, 2023, 08:17:13 AM »

🫡

Natas_Fauxas

• Rep: 70
« Reply #5061 on: June 28, 2023, 11:32:51 AM »
Took a quick break From TotK and now me and my kids are playing Only UP!. Its fucking frustrating to say the least.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5062 on: June 29, 2023, 12:17:39 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Would be cool, to play through it, in the order of your favorite turtles. Unfortunately my sons always chooses a different one from him to play. But to be honest, i don’t really mind. Such a fun game. Action is tight. As you said, no need to reinvent the wheel.

Didn’t know there was a battletoads remake, but I wasn’t into battletoads that much as a kid.

Played streets of rage 2 on a mega drive the other day with a friend. that was some incredible nostalgia trip.

I haven't, I actually just got my X/S a month or so back and all I've really been doing is playing NHL and exploring gamepass (found turtles that way) but if you played any of the N64 wrestling games there's a supposed spiritual successor being released tomorrow that I'm pretty hyped about - AEW Fight Forever.

I might check out streets of rage at some point though, that was a favorite of mine but I'm always wary ever since Golden Axe on the ps3 sucked so bad.

Jim and Dan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 464
  • Pure East
« Reply #5063 on: June 29, 2023, 12:17:18 PM »
Back to DayZ after a good hiatus playing Elden Ring, I love just exploring the map and learning new survival tactics doing PVE but may be looking to do some PVP soon. It's crazy to see how far it's come, well during a relatively long period of time, from the Arma II mod to alpha/beta to the full game. I bought an Xbox One off a guy a worked with and he didn't wipe it, so I still get the benefits of his GamePass and can play for free under my account.
Roll for Rusty, Frip, Dapple and Tate

Ross Norman - Last of the Mohicans

yghartsyrt

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5064 on: June 29, 2023, 02:33:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

I haven't, I actually just got my X/S a month or so back and all I've really been doing is playing NHL and exploring gamepass (found turtles that way) but if you played any of the N64 wrestling games there's a supposed spiritual successor being released tomorrow that I'm pretty hyped about - AEW Fight Forever.

I might check out streets of rage at some point though, that was a favorite of mine but I'm always wary ever since Golden Axe on the ps3 sucked so bad.

I’m playing on PlayStation so no gamepass for me. I never played wrestling games. The last fighting games I ever played that came close to wrestling games were Panza‘s kickboxing on Amiga and virtua fighter 2 on Sega Saturn.

I’m not sure why, but golden axe remake is forbidden to be sold in Germany. So I never played it. Did it suck so bad?

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5065 on: June 30, 2023, 01:52:42 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I’m playing on PlayStation so no gamepass for me. I never played wrestling games. The last fighting games I ever played that came close to wrestling games were Panza‘s kickboxing on Amiga and virtua fighter 2 on Sega Saturn.

I’m not sure why, but golden axe remake is forbidden to be sold in Germany. So I never played it. Did it suck so bad?

They tried to make it like a fantasy 3rd person brawler with that whole 360/ps3 button mashing chain attack control thing that was all the rage at the time. That's not even getting into the female costumes and weird fetish porn vibe it has at times. It actually handled pretty well but ended up just feeling really corporate and soulless. Pretty common theme in gaming at the time really, but still disappointing to an arcade kid.

Where are you in Germany? I was stationed at Ramstein for a few years.

yghartsyrt

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5066 on: June 30, 2023, 06:24:46 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

They tried to make it like a fantasy 3rd person brawler with that whole 360/ps3 button mashing chain attack control thing that was all the rage at the time. That's not even getting into the female costumes and weird fetish porn vibe it has at times. It actually handled pretty well but ended up just feeling really corporate and soulless. Pretty common theme in gaming at the time really, but still disappointing to an arcade kid.

Sounds like i didn't miss too much. I'm living in Cologne right now. Aside from driving through that area, i've never been to Rammstein & Kaiserslautern and such. When were you stationed there?

WPG

• Rep: -8
« Reply #5067 on: July 01, 2023, 03:16:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Did you end up getting Fight Forever? I'm very tempted
Muska, Chillin Chillin
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson flight decks

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5068 on: July 02, 2023, 03:18:59 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Sounds like i didn't miss too much. I'm living in Cologne right now. Aside from driving through that area, i've never been to Rammstein & Kaiserslautern and such. When were you stationed there?

About 15 years ago (can't believe it's been that long)... Best place I've ever lived, Kaiserslautern is a bit "Little America" but it's still cool. I would have never left given the choice. Surprisingly some of the best Korean food I've ever had was in one of those little villages around the air base haha.

Did you end up getting Fight Forever? I'm very tempted

Sure did @WPG  I talked about it a little in the wrestling thread but here's my take... If you played the N64 wrestling games it's nostalgic as fuck and you should probably get it. Feels like no mercy 2023 and the gameplay is fast and responsive in an almost arcade-y way. It's super easy to pick up but very deept in the same way as the old games, probably because they just straight up used the no mercy control scheme and it's still the best.

If you're a little younger and grew up on the clunky CAW sims that WWE puts out now, you probably won't like it. The look customization options are shockingly weak for a 2023 game of any sort, but the move list is like 100 pages long so at least you can pick exactly what moves you want your guy to have. Story mode is fun (it's very obviously inspired by the no mercy/wm2k story modes) but it feels a bit generic and the menu and turn system feels cumbersome sometimes. Roster is big but it's a lot of jobbers and dark wrestlers you haven't seen on TV in months (the acclaimed and swerve aren't there but abadon is) so it's kinda underwhelming too

Overall the core gameplay is really good, it just feels underdeveloped or short on content in some areas. Day one dlc is bullshit too. In like 6 months if they gave us some updated characters and new moves, maybe a cage match option or more chapters for story mode then I'd probably bite but don't try to sell me the fucking Bunny and Keith Lee for $15 for no other reason than you want to put more shit behind paywalls. I know everyone does it but it still gets my boomer gamer blood boiling.

Kook Me Amadeus

« Reply #5069 on: July 02, 2023, 11:59:47 AM »
Anyone here still into Rocket League?  I wanna say that’s like half of my gaming appetite at least. 

The entire field of play is lined with a giant quarter pipe, so it wouldn’t be suprising if it appealed to skaters.