Author Topic: What was the last video game you played?  (Read 561498 times)

Prostate Exam

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 501
  • registered SLAP offender
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: What was the last video game you played?
« Reply #5220 on: February 05, 2024, 12:32:33 AM »
I am currently stuck in a Morrowind rabbit hole. This game alongside with OSRS molded my childhood like no other game, event though I never managed to finish it or progress further than a few quests. But the atmosphere and vibe of this game is unmatched.
I am no gamer in any sense at all, I am just a huge nerd that likes open world RPGs, and this game is a gem when it comes to roleplaying.

Carrolls Chesthairs

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 120
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #5221 on: February 06, 2024, 05:04:41 PM »
last of us part 2 on Grounded+
the no return mode is super addicting.

Also starting Super Mario RPG. Never played it on the SNES

Rusty Shackleford

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 124
  • you know about goretex?
« Reply #5222 on: February 11, 2024, 07:56:49 PM »
having a ball playing donkey kong country on SNES

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 104
« Reply #5223 on: February 12, 2024, 07:18:58 AM »
having a ball playing donkey kong country on SNES

One of the best games, worth it for the soundtrack alone, but DKC2 is even better in my mind

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1932
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #5224 on: February 12, 2024, 07:57:23 AM »
Finished FF7 Remake over the weekend, didn't bother with hard mode or the Yuffie DLC.

Replaying Shovel Knight for something lower stakes and easy to put down.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

hmmoookay

• Rep: 70
  • content nausea
« Reply #5225 on: February 12, 2024, 09:01:22 AM »
In terms of FPS, Apex Legends is my main game and has been for a couple years now. Pretty excited about the changes coming to season 20 tomorrow. Hoping for good balance across the board.

Been really getting in to DayZ again after kind of falling out of it for a bit. I would play it, but just did not have the drive to really try and have an adventure. But it's nice to escape into that world again and feel fully immersed.

Lastly, thinking about grabbing the last of us pt II remaster for PS5, it's only $10 for those who own the previous version. Anyone picked that up yet? Worth it for the extra stuff / graphical upgrades?

Carrolls Chesthairs

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5226 on: February 14, 2024, 03:59:24 PM »

Lastly, thinking about grabbing the last of us pt II remaster for PS5, it's only $10 for those who own the previous version. Anyone picked that up yet? Worth it for the extra stuff / graphical upgrades?

I played it on the ps4 and enjoyed it a lot.
I just platinum'd it on the ps5 grounded+ mode and enjoyed that a ton. The patience needed, how the controls just click, and the visuals made it a great 2nd playthrough.
The no return mode is definitely worth the $10 alone and I hope they keep adding it it.

The hate this game got for the story is still so clowning to me.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 156
« Reply #5227 on: February 14, 2024, 05:20:42 PM »
Spent the last few days playing the new Yakuza game Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth and man I'm hooked bad, can't put it down
I've been playing this too, and it's definitely growing on me. I've been so used to free combat though, that the turn based system took me by surprise (not having any experience with previous games in the series).

Also been playing Death Stranding after seeing the trailer for the sequel and being blown away by it.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -211
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #5228 on: February 14, 2024, 05:21:47 PM »
Tecmo Super Bowl
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5229 on: February 15, 2024, 01:36:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Spent the last few days playing the new Yakuza game Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth and man I'm hooked bad, can't put it down
[close]
I've been playing this too, and it's definitely growing on me. I've been so used to free combat though, that the turn based system took me by surprise (not having any experience with previous games in the series).

Also been playing Death Stranding after seeing the trailer for the sequel and being blown away by it.

Oh nice, you never played Like a Dragon, though? Can't imagine trying to follow this story without playing a few of these already. All the games were brawlers until the last main installment when they switched to turn-based JRPG. I like both styles personally but prefer the turn-based.

Death Stranding is divisive but man I loved it. Can't wait for the new one, looks bonkers

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 156
« Reply #5230 on: February 15, 2024, 03:00:20 PM »
Oh nice, you never played Like a Dragon, though? Can't imagine trying to follow this story without playing a few of these already.

Yeah, until last spring I hadn't seriously played video games since high school. The last console I owned was a PS2.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5231 on: February 16, 2024, 07:20:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Oh nice, you never played Like a Dragon, though? Can't imagine trying to follow this story without playing a few of these already.
[close]

Yeah, until last spring I hadn't seriously played video games since high school. The last console I owned was a PS2.

Oh shit. Well on the bright side there's a ton of modern classics you can go play that are heavily discounted at this point and heavily patched/supported

Carrolls Chesthairs

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5232 on: February 18, 2024, 02:03:46 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Enjoy the ride/walk!
Had a great time playing that one through.

Switch360flip

• Rep: 17
« Reply #5233 on: February 20, 2024, 09:03:50 AM »
LA Noire

Filip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -57
« Reply #5234 on: February 20, 2024, 02:05:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Enjoy the ride/walk!
Had a great time playing that one through.

Death Stranding here too. It was free on Epic maybe a year ago or something, and I just got the nerves to install and play it. Super relaxing and stressful at the same time. I just spent an hour crawling through the mountain with my BB crying and those things around me. And once I crossed the peak, the rain stopped, beautiful music kicked in and It was the most surreal thing. Love this game, just like all Kojima games before.

BurgerCop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -58
« Reply #5235 on: February 21, 2024, 11:29:16 AM »
Playing Baulder's Gate online with some friends, it's all of our first time playing it so we want to experience the whole game and finish it together before we do solo play throughs. Only bummer is it's really hard to get all 4 of us online at the same time, especially considering one friend lives in Hawaii, so on top of busy schedules we have to work around a 4 hour time difference. At the rate we're going we'll hopefully complete the game by, I dunno...December.
If only three of us can be online we'll switch to Deep Rock Galactic which I'm really starting to like.

Pacific Drive comes out tomorrow. I imagine I'll be playing the fuck out of that this weekend.
Just gotta decide if I want it on PC or PS5.

Blind Fisherman

• Rep: 53
« Reply #5236 on: February 27, 2024, 12:31:09 PM »
Found Bioshock Remastered on PlayStation store for like $8 after tax. Couldn't pass it up. I hope the rumors of a new Bioshock installment are true.

LeDave

• Rep: -16
    • Dave Le Photography avatar image
« Reply #5237 on: February 29, 2024, 12:45:46 PM »
Destiny 2.

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 330
« Reply #5238 on: February 29, 2024, 06:02:30 PM »
On the fence about buying the 2nd FF7Remake right now. I’m getting a vibe that’s it’s the type of AAA game that’s really good but people won’t admit that parts of it absolutely suck until 6 months later.

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5239 on: February 29, 2024, 07:37:47 PM »
On the fence about buying the 2nd FF7Remake right now. I’m getting a vibe that’s it’s the type of AAA game that’s really good but people won’t admit that parts of it absolutely suck until 6 months later.

I felt the same way, the base game with materia combinations and skills is fun and rewarding, but the pacing and voice acting killed the momentum and I skipped 80% of them at the end. Some mini games like the box smashing, squats, pull up ones were fun, those actually tested your skills and were a fun break from the main game. It was the faux mini games like moving the crane hands, getting Red XIII to wall run to pull switches and timing button presses to unlock doors felt like unnecessary gamification.

Grinding, while unnecessary was fun because of the different character builds possible with different weapons and materia combinations. Yeah you were killing trash mobs, but you were also testing out different play styles though I mostly defaulted to raw damage.

I'd rate the first game a 6.5 out 10, higher if they improved the pacing. Almost started the Yuffie DLC but the thought of more cut scenes and voice acting turned me off it.

I think part 2 will be more the same with deeper mechanics (affinity, folios) and unavoidable mini game sections. Would pick it up when it goes on sale and prioritize other games.

https://kotaku.com/final-fantasy-7-rebirth-review-ps5-1851276129
https://kotaku.com/final-fantasy-7-ff7-rebirth-janky-1851294364
« Last Edit: February 29, 2024, 09:20:37 PM by rocklobster »
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Crust

• Rep: 42
« Reply #5240 on: March 24, 2024, 02:25:05 PM »
Pokemon Blue on my Gameboy Colour, both are still going strong all these years later

Shtonk

• Rep: -328
« Reply #5241 on: March 25, 2024, 12:40:37 AM »
Being an open world aficionado it took me a while to get into it, but Baldurs Gate 3 is legit a turning point of the genre. The writing and voice acting is so far beyond the standard,
I still go "what the fuck" 40 hrs into the game.

Also can't wait to see if Manor Lords delivers on its promise.

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5242 on: March 28, 2024, 12:20:30 AM »
Putting in a few hours into Fortnite, picked it up during a trip and had fun playing no-build with my brother-in-law. Fairly basic but I'm liking the matchmaking the most, everyone seems to be playing at my level (shit) and if I die I can attribute it to a mistake I make, which are helping me improve my basics.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

hmmoookay

• Rep: 70
  • content nausea
« Reply #5243 on: March 28, 2024, 02:42:52 PM »
Putting in a few hours into Fortnite, picked it up during a trip and had fun playing no-build with my brother-in-law. Fairly basic but I'm liking the matchmaking the most, everyone seems to be playing at my level (shit) and if I die I can attribute it to a mistake I make, which are helping me improve my basics.

Fortnite is definitely a guilty pleasure for me but I've gotta be in the exact right mood for it. A few buddies and I will get real into it for a week every few months. Then it's back to my regular solo q Apex Legends experience since I'm the only one in my group who has still held on to that.

I've really been getting back into Day Z proper, I think I posted about it not that long ago. I've really been enjoying the experience ever since I switched to PC over the winter. Such a unique game. I know it's not for everyone but theres something about it that keeps me locked in. Looking forward to this years updates for sure.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1483
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #5244 on: April 12, 2024, 09:16:14 AM »
Pokémon Sleep.

Competitive sleep gambling your way to being a Pokemon master. It’s almost all RNG luck with some number calculations plus cute Pokemon.

Passive aggressive gaming at its best.

lydius

• Rep: 43
« Reply #5245 on: April 17, 2024, 01:49:35 PM »
been doing a lot of Ocarina of Time randomizer through Ship of Harkinian, the free PC port. there's so many options to customize and play it how you want. really fun to get a new seed each time and have to find needed items in different places. you play through the game in a non-linear way and sometimes have to find new solutions to puzzles. it also forces you to remember and check all skulltulas and grottos, when before I would breeze past all that because I was just focused on getting to the end as fast as possible.

Blind Fisherman

• Rep: 53
« Reply #5246 on: April 17, 2024, 02:16:11 PM »
been doing a lot of Ocarina of Time randomizer through Ship of Harkinian, the free PC port. there's so many options to customize and play it how you want. really fun to get a new seed each time and have to find needed items in different places. you play through the game in a non-linear way and sometimes have to find new solutions to puzzles. it also forces you to remember and check all skulltulas and grottos, when before I would breeze past all that because I was just focused on getting to the end as fast as possible.
I've been watching this one dude on YouTube play through all the randomizers & ROMhacks for a few months now. His username is soulsmidnight. Some of these builds that people make are so wild. The custom items people make for the hacks are pretty cool as well. Might have to try one for myself and see just how much of a Zelda nerd I am.

Been replaying Metroid Prime (GC version) on my homebrewed Wii. Playing it on a 65" screen has been amazing and frustrating as shit all at the same time.

Dojsha Abuser

• Rep: -25
« Reply #5247 on: April 17, 2024, 09:46:00 PM »
ARK Ascended, scorched earth is lit.

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5248 on: April 18, 2024, 07:21:29 AM »
I'm not really a tv guy but I've been watching the Fallout show and enjoying it and it's pulled me back into those games a bit. I've played them all to bits except for 76 which I haven't touched since the disastrous launch so I've hopped back into it with a buddy. It's way better than it was, though I can't say that it's good yet... but there's enough charm to playing a Fallout game with a friend that it's enjoyable enough.

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 678
« Reply #5249 on: April 18, 2024, 07:38:10 AM »
Put a shit ton of hours into fallout 3 and new Vegas... might have to check the show out.

Seriously considering buying a steam deck. I'm itchin to play fallout 1 and 2.
if the mods were wu-tang, dean would be cappadonna