Author Topic: Peep how they do it...........  (Read 23211 times)

elias

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -3
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Peep how they do it...........
« Reply #210 on: February 08, 2008, 10:50:11 AM »
Raise your hand if you got one of these from Washburn... I know I have...

:Hand in the air:

cliff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 743
    • Sml. Wheels avatar image
« Reply #211 on: February 08, 2008, 10:57:19 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

That would be so sick if it was the same letter and they just changed the name, god the would be amazing.

elias

« Reply #212 on: February 08, 2008, 11:48:47 AM »
It was identical. The only difference being I got the boot in 06, so they could reevaluate for 07.

cliff

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #213 on: February 08, 2008, 12:04:47 PM »
That fucking insane, just keep it in the the file change the name and date. Thats some cold ass shit cracka. Elias we know each other?

Row From The Rocks

• Rep: 2
« Reply #214 on: February 08, 2008, 12:08:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

That would be so sick if it was the same letter and they just changed the name, god the would be amazing.
I got kicked off with a bunch of other people and it kind of did happen that way, only now that I think about it he called me. My reaction might have been why he went to the letter... My ad had just come out and Rob was all "that's the best ad we've ever done for bones" and then like two months later it's "gotta change with the times and get some rail skaters in here." Fuck that company, but I'm embarrassed to say I still ride the bearings and the bushings. For a while we were getting 3 sets of swiss a month and I was just stockpiling them. I've still got a couple sets...

ahlee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 482
« Reply #215 on: February 08, 2008, 12:10:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
I got kicked off with a bunch of other people and it kind of did happen that way, only now that I think about it he called me. My reaction might have been why he went to the letter... My ad had just come out and Rob was all "that's the best ad we've ever done for bones" and then like two months later it's "gotta change with the times and get some rail skaters in here." Fuck that company, but I'm embarrassed to say I still ride the bearings and the bushings. For a while we were getting 3 sets of swiss a month and I was just stockpiling them. I've still got a couple sets...

bring me some next time you come home. homey.

elias

« Reply #216 on: February 08, 2008, 12:26:57 PM »
That fucking insane, just keep it in the the file change the name and date. Thats some cold ass shit cracka. Elias we know each other?

Nah we don't know each other, i'm on the east coast.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #217 on: February 08, 2008, 01:58:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
I'll respect your anonymity if you want to keep it... but who are you?
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

boobypuleocordsandcabs

• Rep: -5
« Reply #218 on: February 08, 2008, 02:17:47 PM »
I'm not going to say that you guys don't have a legit beef with bones, but the only person that should have a beef with them is Cliff.  If you have never been in the shittiest of shitty industries (skateboarding) you wouldn't know that good skaters are a dime a dozen and EVERYONE is expendable. The business side of skateboarding is cut throat.

James is getting older, it's hard to keep up with the young guys like Malto and Calloway. If bones wants to move forward they have to think about the future, it's just god damn business to them. It sucks, but that's life.

It happened before on a grander scale when vert died. Pretty much the whole field of top vert pros god dumped by their sponsors because they were irrelevant. I'm not saying James sucks or anything but maybe Bones has shifted gears, it happens all the time.  Maybe they were sick of being just another wheel company and they want to step their shit up. To do that they have to kick some people off to keep some money for the new wonderkid that's going to make them more money. After all, skateboarding is a business to Bones.

In closing I'd like to say that James fucking kicks ass and has inspired me on so many occasions to push myself harder because I too have had shitty luck with injuries and knowing that someone else out there can do it has helped me through the shitty times. Thanks Cliff!

Dave F

• Rep: -9
how bout gettin "real"
« Reply #219 on: February 08, 2008, 02:33:55 PM »
the letter sucks. agreed.

what happened after that?

pretty sure Robs in the tight position of having all this shit to deal with and just being a skater-dude...who's been fired himself.

so type-shit all you want...this isnt really "cliff" complaining..it lit a fire under his ass to go out on his own, and this partial display of email-interaction is marketing strategie (biz) to try to take down a company 25 years in biz...with damn good wheels...now, hated "lemon drops" in the 90's went from bullets-to spits and Bones makes longest lasting wheel these days.

I think Rob may have blown it, but where's the part where they kissed and made up?
 Cliff is smart- he only puts up the rotten flaw in order to sway chat-geek-skaters (im now guilty) so when he launches his gig, he will have back up.

I'm not sure whats a weaker move or if they are one-in the same....getting a skate-corp email or posting  it on a skate blog...

whats the motive cliff?

and dont think I aint backing you. . .  I am all for skaters that are out there working hard (nice two page this month) and think when the pressures of finance corrupt relations...it's dirty.

but who gains from slander? awwwww, the guy w new wheel co coming out, thats who...

am I wrong?

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #220 on: February 08, 2008, 03:20:35 PM »
Yep, your wrong. Slander is when its a lie. When you post what actually happened it would be better characterized as muckraking, a cherished American tradition.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

Prison Wallet

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 511
  • I'm gonna break my leg off in your ass
Re: how bout gettin "real"
« Reply #221 on: February 08, 2008, 03:57:18 PM »
I'm not sure whats a weaker move or if they are one-in the same....getting a skate-corp email or posting  it on a skate blog...

Are you kidding? Sending/writing the skate-corp letter is by far the weaker move. Posting it in a skate-blog is a move towards transparency and allows us, the skate-shit buying demographic, make a little more informed decision before spending our dough.

I SUCK!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 83
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #222 on: February 08, 2008, 06:20:36 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Are you kidding? Sending/writing the skate-corp letter is by far the weaker move. Posting it in a skate-blog is a move towards transparency and allows us, the skate-shit buying demographic, make a little more informed decision before spending our dough.

jesco, you need a job?
"success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts"

jayme.f

• Rep: 1
« Reply #223 on: February 08, 2008, 07:50:59 PM »
i got kicked off powell when i was 19, they didnt even tell or send me a letter, they just avoided me till cab said " i heard what happened jayme, thats sucks" i was confused so i said "wait steve, what happened" thats how i found out.

bones the dog was pretty cool, he would just sit around the powell office chewing on wheels. i think he was a golden retriever
Look at it this way, if you got kicked off Satori, they wouldn't even send and email, only smoke signals.

cliff

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #224 on: February 09, 2008, 10:32:25 AM »
the letter sucks. agreed.

what happened after that?

pretty sure Robs in the tight position of having all this shit to deal with and just being a skater-dude...who's been fired himself.

so type-shit all you want...this isnt really "cliff" complaining..it lit a fire under his ass to go out on his own, and this partial display of email-interaction is marketing strategie (biz) to try to take down a company 25 years in biz...with damn good wheels...now, hated "lemon drops" in the 90's went from bullets-to spits and Bones makes longest lasting wheel these days.

I think Rob may have blown it, but where's the part where they kissed and made up?
 Cliff is smart- he only puts up the rotten flaw in order to sway chat-geek-skaters (im now guilty) so when he launches his gig, he will have back up.

whats the motive cliff?

and dont think I aint backing you. . .  I am all for skaters that are out there working hard (nice two page this month) and think when the pressures of finance corrupt relations...it's dirty.

but who gains from slander? awwwww, the guy w new wheel co coming out, thats who...

am I wrong?

Well not that it matters because I have said it before I don't really see rob as the dude behind this. So like I said before no hard feelings Rob. Like what Jesco said that would sum most of the reason I decided to put this e-mail up. The wheel co is reaction to the thier action, and I have aways wanted to start a company that had to do with skating. I hope to run Small a bit diffrent than this sit.

cliff

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #225 on: February 09, 2008, 10:36:22 AM »
I'm not going to say that you guys don't have a legit beef with bones, but the only person that should have a beef with them is Cliff.  If you have never been in the shittiest of shitty industries (skateboarding) you wouldn't know that good skaters are a dime a dozen and EVERYONE is expendable. The business side of skateboarding is cut throat.

James is getting older, it's hard to keep up with the young guys like Malto and Calloway. If bones wants to move forward they have to think about the future, it's just god damn business to them. It sucks, but that's life.

It happened before on a grander scale when vert died. Pretty much the whole field of top vert pros god dumped by their sponsors because they were irrelevant. I'm not saying James sucks or anything but maybe Bones has shifted gears, it happens all the time.  Maybe they were sick of being just another wheel company and they want to step their shit up. To do that they have to kick some people off to keep some money for the new wonderkid that's going to make them more money. After all, skateboarding is a business to Bones.

In closing I'd like to say that James fucking kicks ass and has inspired me on so many occasions to push myself harder because I too have had shitty luck with injuries and knowing that someone else out there can do it has helped me through the shitty times. Thanks Cliff!

Jared?

boobypuleocordsandcabs

• Rep: -5
« Reply #226 on: February 10, 2008, 08:56:31 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Jared?

Nope, just some dude that's met you before and we talked for about half an hour about being hurt and staying positive.

herpes

• Rep: 2
« Reply #227 on: February 10, 2008, 12:32:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]
http://www.rowfromtherocks.com/

hatehatehatehate

« Reply #228 on: February 10, 2008, 12:38:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Don't get sucked into this jamie.
I know you probably have fun with it but they just wanna get a rise out of you.
[close]

I'm old and tired, so it's hard to get a rise out of me these days.

man i dont know if that was some sort of an innuendo but if it was, comedy gold Jamie!!!!!

Blue Fescue

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 305
« Reply #229 on: February 10, 2008, 01:57:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]
http://www.rowfromtherocks.com/

That is sweet, We used to see that guy at I Level.  I still have their first videol.