Author Topic: Oh the joys of recent purchases.  (Read 766681 times)

clamy

Re: Oh the joys of recent purchases.
« Reply #180 on: October 30, 2009, 02:16:21 AM »
don't want to rain on anyone's parade but i recently purchased a sony vx2100. now i  feel i can't justify owning it at all, espicially in this shitty town where there's nothing to film or no-one to film with. stupid purchase, right. in order for me to get away i need money therefore i'm going to sell it. i'm not losing anything on it, so i'm pretty happy about that. but yeah, pretty much the opposite of what everyone's feeling here  :-\

grimcity

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2214
  • computer says no
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #181 on: October 30, 2009, 09:31:02 AM »
Were you going to get away and then eventually purchase another VX?

If so, just keep the camera and leave later.

oldcasual

• Rep: 24
  • feed your head
« Reply #182 on: October 30, 2009, 10:21:03 AM »
don't want to rain on anyone's parade but i recently purchased a sony vx2100. now i  feel i can't justify owning it at all, espicially in this shitty town where there's nothing to film or no-one to film with. stupid purchase, right. in order for me to get away i need money therefore i'm going to sell it. i'm not losing anything on it, so i'm pretty happy about that. but yeah, pretty much the opposite of what everyone's feeling here  :-\

why would you buy a thousand dollar camera if there's no one to film in the first place?
'how can we hate or love or judge in this sea-swarm world of atoms, all one one all'

popeyesfriedchicken

• Rep: -250
« Reply #183 on: October 30, 2009, 01:37:51 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

why would you buy a thousand dollar camera if there's no one to film in the first place?

sure wish i had a thousand dollars to just piss away, must be nice. 

Gnarwhal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -20
« Reply #184 on: October 30, 2009, 02:18:49 PM »
pizza!!!

Prison Wallet

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 510
  • I'm gonna break my leg off in your ass
« Reply #185 on: October 30, 2009, 06:04:30 PM »
I offered this dude $400 but didn't even get a reply. The tag in the pic says 10 Gs so I'm guessing it's out of my league.
http://tucson.craigslist.org/hsh/1444005480.html
I'll email him back in a week and offer him $600.

popeyesfriedchicken

« Reply #186 on: October 30, 2009, 06:37:02 PM »
I offered this dude $400 but didn't even get a reply. The tag in the pic says 10 Gs so I'm guessing it's out of my league.

damn...  how do you have $600.00 to buy a rug of all things with?  i need to do what you're doing for money.  i can barely afford my cigarettes. 

Doctor Handsome

« Reply #187 on: October 30, 2009, 07:21:32 PM »
A peacoat. It's the best.

TapLuxiferfet

« Reply #188 on: October 30, 2009, 08:01:32 PM »
4 LOKO

Prison Wallet

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #189 on: October 30, 2009, 09:22:23 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

damn...  how do you have $600.00 to buy a rug of all things with?  i need to do what you're doing for money.  i can barely afford my cigarettes. 

Basically I don't spend money on other shit. I've got a couple good jobs, no car payment, don't spend much on clothes/shoes. Plus I have a house and know how to hold a tool so I never pay someone else to work on it.

I don't have an xbox or video games... I only have hand me down TVs and rather spend $600 on a persian rug that'll last forever than a flatscreen that'll burn out in 5 years. Or video games I'll get tired of. It's all priorities I guess.

yeahisaidit

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 94
« Reply #190 on: October 30, 2009, 09:25:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Basically I don't spend money on other shit. I've got a couple good jobs, no car payment, don't spend much on clothes/shoes. Plus I have a house and know how to hold a tool so I never pay someone else to work on it.

I don't have an xbox or video games... I only have hand me down TVs and rather spend $600 on a persian rug that'll last forever than a flatscreen that'll burn out in 5 years. Or video games I'll get tired of. It's all priorities I guess.

although i wouldnt spend that much at this point in my life on a rug, that's a very sound and reasonable rationale.

H8R part 4

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -301
« Reply #191 on: October 30, 2009, 09:51:11 PM »
after years of swearing off having a computer at home, i just got one today.  but it was free so it wasn't an actual purchase.

i got these 24oz. cans of coors for $1.25 a piece and i'm getting drunker by the minute.

across the street from that very beer store, i scored some chick-o-sticks.  its candy, its like the butterfinger inside but on the outside with a toasted coconut/peanut butter filling. everyone should try some, they're delicious!

then to top it all off, i got a free bag of weed just now on the way back home from getting beer and candy, fuckin a!   

popeyesfriedchicken

« Reply #192 on: October 31, 2009, 12:40:58 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

yeah i'm pretty much the same way.  if i ever go out and have a good time at the bar or something the most i'll ever spend is $20.00 at a time.  barely ever buy new clothes or shoes.  i just don't have enough income coming in to where i save anything.  that will change soon though.  i mean it would be nice to have new things like an iphone and shit like that, but unless i'm getting something like that as a gift i don't see the point in buying something extravagant.  wish i had more money than sense like a lot of people. 

clamy

« Reply #193 on: October 31, 2009, 03:48:51 AM »
Were you going to get away and then eventually purchase another VX?

If so, just keep the camera and leave later.

Probably not, since where I'll be most likely moving to there's a bunch of people who already film. So I'll be probably sell it as I move?

Expand Quote
[close]

well, there is. But you know, doesn't really feel like there is. Actually one guy just moved back who I skate with a bunch so I guess that's one, and another dude I always used to skate with is just getting back on board since breaking his leg. I guess there's a few, but there's a dude that actually films here. He doesn't much of a setup so I pretty much bought it for him to use, he films me a fair bit. I also sold my old setup to him so I'm making a bit out of it anyway.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

sure wish i had a thousand dollars to just piss away, must be nice. 

yeah dude, i've saved mega hard this year. I've got almost 10 grand from just one year of working. I can always sell it and not lose anything on it anyway, some dude actually offered another 100 on top of what I paid for it. I'm still thinking I can't justify owning it, we'll see....

Prison Wallet

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #194 on: October 31, 2009, 05:06:42 AM »
i scored some chick-o-sticks. 

Coolest shit on this page. Where do you live you can buy chiko sticks? I always figured it was regional; I can only find them at gas stations in Mexican neighborhoods and near the Res.

sergioflorez

« Reply #195 on: October 31, 2009, 07:01:08 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Coolest shit on this page. Where do you live you can buy chiko sticks? I always figured it was regional; I can only find them at gas stations in Mexican neighborhoods and near the Res.

aren't these basically butterfingers without the chocolate? i think i have my mexicandy right.

edit. nevermind it's 'hmerican
« Last Edit: October 31, 2009, 07:04:48 AM by sergioflorez »

everypennyfedcar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 109
  • Getting paid like a biker with the best crank.
« Reply #196 on: October 31, 2009, 07:26:06 AM »
Curb Your Enthusiasm Season 5 and Simpsons Season 8.
Spray it like a high-rank sniper in the West Bank.

H8R part 4

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -301
« Reply #197 on: October 31, 2009, 08:00:06 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

aren't these basically butterfingers without the chocolate? i think i have my mexicandy right.

i've found them in a couple of uptown bodegas a handful of times and i usually end up going back again and again buying it all up.  i don't eat much candy/chocolate nowadays but when i see those i just can't help myself. 

i guess its sort of like a butterfinger but the toasted coconuts take it to another level of deliciousness.   

Canuck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 348
« Reply #198 on: October 31, 2009, 11:04:51 AM »
I went to some super classy coffee bar today on Harbord - Sam James or something. Bought an espresso. It was fucking intense. Yesterday, I bought some red leggings and white tighty whities cause tonight I'm dressing as this dude:

sk8nappreciate

• Rep: -21
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #199 on: October 31, 2009, 01:46:57 PM »
A pint of Ben and Jerry's Half Baked Fro-Yo to drown away my sorrows.  :'(
That's real life bro, no sticking lollipops up your ass and licking jesus's butthole man. People are getting raped,murdered and visiting the berrics daily. Deal with it.

Gnarwhal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -20
« Reply #200 on: October 31, 2009, 01:53:17 PM »
halloween candy for my neighbors kids

Upgrayedd

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 446
  • Fuck Tom Knox
« Reply #201 on: October 31, 2009, 01:55:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

i've found them in a couple of uptown bodegas a handful of times and i usually end up going back again and again buying it all up.  i don't eat much candy/chocolate nowadays but when i see those i just can't help myself. 

i guess its sort of like a butterfinger but the toasted coconuts take it to another level of deliciousness.   

those tasty little treats are plentiful in georgia. and i loves them something proper.

Slap Gravitational Waveboarding Magazine:
"We can't do it yet, but when we can it'll be sick."
-grim

cold budweisers

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 615
« Reply #202 on: October 31, 2009, 03:30:14 PM »
best finds in the past week or so:

ill brewers tee

daddy's special medicine

shorty's camo cargo pants, looking like steve olson and shit

Nancy Chin The Manicurist

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 222
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #203 on: November 05, 2009, 04:57:33 PM »
i went over to Goodwill and bought a vintage Janet Jackson concert tee for 3 bucks. Curious, i went on eBay to see if it was worth anything.

It had a "Buy It Now" price of 200 bucks.

I came in my pants.

Canuck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 348
« Reply #204 on: November 05, 2009, 05:07:42 PM »
Double ply toilet paper, cause that single ply paper will get your fingers all shitty.

By the way do you guys fold the TP or just freestyle it? I always fold.

floop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -28
  • the things I do for my fucking friends!
« Reply #205 on: November 05, 2009, 05:21:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

plus it really ties the room together
"Every time I read one of your shitty posts I wonder why I am wasting my time looking at SLAP."

frisco

« Reply #206 on: November 05, 2009, 05:26:06 PM »
Double ply toilet paper, cause that single ply paper will get your fingers all shitty.

By the way do you guys fold the TP or just freestyle it? I always fold.

I usually try to fold but it becomes all jumlbed and crazy so i just wrap my hand and rub the area violently

Got these two for $13.00, stoked on work discounts

odp

« Reply #207 on: November 05, 2009, 08:26:39 PM »
other than on a cup of coffee, today was the first that i've spent money in nearly a month...... shiiiiaaat, soo good!

something similar to this..... cept mine had wicked bread crumbs on top... MAC AND CHEESE W/LOBSTER!!!

and this mighty fine chocolate chip cookie pie had walnuts and french vanilla ice cream.......

popeyesfriedchicken

« Reply #208 on: November 05, 2009, 08:45:07 PM »
i can never bring myself to buy dvds or music cds.  the only dvds i buy are skate videos.  and i think even that is going to change.  when i have money i'll buy that stuff and not even think about it.  then when i'm broke i look around my room and see the (easily) probably ten thousand or so dollars worth of movies and cds i have and think if i would have just downloaded this shit i'd be rolling in it right now.  it was harder to pirate dvds back when they first came out (which is when i bought them the most) but now it's as simple as surfing the web.  i hope the blu ray format takes awhile to get super popular, i'm enjoying cheap spindles of dvdrs and freeware (convert any file to iso) programs. 

EricLogan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 836
  • the ghost of Turd Ferguson's past
« Reply #209 on: November 05, 2009, 08:48:18 PM »
just placed an order for Cosmic Vomit. I anticipate much stoke to come.
I rarely venture into classic slap and the one time I do it I find a guy getting his dick eaten by a dolphin.