Author Topic: Oh the joys of recent purchases.  (Read 766651 times)

Deucifer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 10
Re: Oh the joys of recent purchases.
« Reply #5520 on: February 06, 2017, 04:08:58 PM »

I don't know what that stuff is but it looks cool. Recording equipment?
I have two words for you: greg lutza's fedora

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 794
« Reply #5521 on: February 06, 2017, 04:40:10 PM »
kind of.  the first two are modular synth modules, for part of a bigger system like these:

the bottom thing is a spot-on clone of the Roland 303 bass synth with some added features

« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 04:45:49 PM by augustmoon »
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #5522 on: February 06, 2017, 08:16:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Suunto makes some badass GPS watches too now. I'd consider one of those because the flashy ones are super effeminate to me. No judgement though, not everyone is a 4am black coffee type. But think of how intimidating you could be in your business noose and italian branded chinese made jacket shirts with something actually useful on your wrist.

I have been on a splurge lately gearing up for backpacking season.

I got another pair of whites built off the measurements of my feet, centennial hikers.

I picked up a gregory baltoro GZ and made the switch to USB everything (GPS, UV water purifier, headlamp, blah blah blah).

I'm trying to find a affordable solo UL tent next, and some super dork zip hiking pants.

God damn spending money on gear feels too good.

[close]
White's makes the best boots. I need to go get my smoke jumpers rebuilt. Probably won't be until after this fire season though.
[close]

If it is just the sole being rebuilt and you don't care about the warranty you can have a cobbler handle it in your town. White's charges close to $250 for a rebuild, $125 for just the sole, a cobbler will do it for $60.. Weigh it out, new smoke jumpers at federal discount are what, like $350 out the door, $450 for general public. Two rebuilds on the same pair make it hard to argue not buying a new pair all together.
  Unless you got that attachment to the original upper, which I understand too. The engineer on the crew I was on was running the same uppers from the 1980's, wild shit man.
  I saw a pair of Nick's in person and was impressed too. Super nice craftsmanship on them.
Oh, I know all about the pricing. I spent my stipend last season on a new pair of Scarpas though. I'll probably get the rebuild, since I bought them off the shelf, so they're a little big on me. I also want to get rough outs on the lower.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

MaryhillVibe

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 151
  • gfm
    • www.mudozine.com avatar image
« Reply #5523 on: February 08, 2017, 09:14:41 AM »
874 dickies in dark brown were discontinued a while back and are now impossible to find in Canada.

so I grabbed four pairs on ebay...with no border tax

and that is all the pant shopping I will do for four to five years

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 123
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #5524 on: February 08, 2017, 04:19:27 PM »
874 dickies in dark brown were discontinued
why???

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

EXTRA SPICY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 327
  • Low Scovilles
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5525 on: February 08, 2017, 07:58:43 PM »
874 dickies in dark brown were discontinued a while back and are now impossible to find in Canada.

Slap message boards distributing alternative facts. Fake news, we don't like it here. Sad. 

http://www.dickies.com/pants/original-874-work-pant/874.html?dwvar_874_color=DB#prefn1=color&prefv1=Brown&start=1
We need Malto to release the pic of Biebel drunk in an elevator with his wiener hanging out.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5526 on: February 08, 2017, 08:56:17 PM »
I mean what the fuck would everyone on the 18 wear if they discontinued that colourway?

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
« Reply #5527 on: February 09, 2017, 03:51:32 AM »
I mean what the fuck would everyone on the 18 wear if they discontinued that colourway?

@antiheropantsmatter

EXTRA SPICY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 327
  • Low Scovilles
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5528 on: February 09, 2017, 12:56:51 PM »
Brown dickies are also the service pants of many state agencies in the US. They'll be making them til the cows come home.

We need Malto to release the pic of Biebel drunk in an elevator with his wiener hanging out.

Rusty Shackleford

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 124
  • you know about goretex?
« Reply #5529 on: February 13, 2017, 07:47:50 PM »

my gal and I are backpacking around utah in a few weeks..heavy but worth it  :)

MaryhillVibe

• SLAP Pal
  • gfm
« Reply #5530 on: February 14, 2017, 08:35:20 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Slap message boards distributing alternative facts. Fake news, we don't like it here. Sad.? 

http://www.dickies.com/pants/original-874-work-pant/874.html?dwvar_874_color=DB#prefn1=color&prefv1=Brown&start=1

The colour is not listed on dickies.ca, and dickies.com do not offer shipping to Canada for that item. Admittedly I could have punctuated that sentence better, sorry for any confusion/unintentional fearmongering.

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5531 on: February 16, 2017, 05:04:12 AM »
imagine all the ruckus in SF after reading your post, MHV.

ducky darnsworth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -113
  • personal text
« Reply #5532 on: February 16, 2017, 05:35:01 AM »

i copped a hat
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 08:53:04 AM by ducky darnsworth »

coneklr

« Reply #5533 on: February 16, 2017, 07:57:42 AM »
A couple trinkets I picked up to remember my honeymoon

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #5534 on: February 22, 2017, 03:49:24 PM »
just bought tickets to see the pixies this october.  ;D

$30 in service fees was a fucking robbery but whatever. im still stoked.

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
    • tumblr avatar image
« Reply #5535 on: February 22, 2017, 04:28:32 PM »
Just got back home from a long trip visiting my parents and friends. I had 7 dvds waiting for me at home.  keeping me busy!

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -717
« Reply #5536 on: February 23, 2017, 12:52:49 PM »
A pack of Luckies. Did not feel right, I was doing alright without them.

colin

« Reply #5537 on: March 18, 2017, 07:56:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
kinda retroactive but I recently dropped the hammer on one of these:
https://orientwatchusa.com/shop/mens-watches/faa02005d9/
any watch heads on SLAP? It's my second automatic but I'm so in love with it <3
[close]

I got one of these off ebay a while back:

then I got one of these to keep it going on weekends, when I don't wear it:
[close]
Dayum! a legit one? Good thing is you probably won't have to buy many more watches in your lifetime. Good call on the winder too. My Orient hacks/ hand winds so it doesn't usually run out during the week when I'm wearing my (seiko 5) beater

Yeah, it turned out to be a pretty hectic experience, too: about two months into owning it, the crown pops out and won't screw down again. The seller takes weeks to get back to me, and then is a total prick about it. A local jeweler took it apart and said some ham-fisted hack had drilled out the case and epoxied in a new crown tube - something that newjacks do because they can't understand how tight the fit is between the case and the tube - it doesn't use anything except friction to keep all that water pressure out. Anyway, Ebay ruled against me saying "buyer beware" and the jeweler was like, "Dude, you're gonna have to pay out the ass for a new case from Omega." Eventually, though, he found a different company from Switzerland that made a crown tube that would work, so, I've got a different crown with five stars on it instead of the Omega symbol, and it took like a year to get it all back together, but I'm hyped.

Pigeon

« Reply #5538 on: March 22, 2017, 12:15:38 PM »
I got a Sonicare toothbrush, but just found out it's $30 cheaper on Amazon.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5539 on: March 22, 2017, 06:16:19 PM »
Yeah, it turned out to be a pretty hectic experience, too: about two months into owning it, the crown pops out and won't screw down again. The seller takes weeks to get back to me, and then is a total prick about it. A local jeweler took it apart and said some ham-fisted hack had drilled out the case and epoxied in a new crown tube - something that newjacks do because they can't understand how tight the fit is between the case and the tube - it doesn't use anything except friction to keep all that water pressure out. Anyway, Ebay ruled against me saying "buyer beware" and the jeweler was like, "Dude, you're gonna have to pay out the ass for a new case from Omega." Eventually, though, he found a different company from Switzerland that made a crown tube that would work, so, I've got a different crown with five stars on it instead of the Omega symbol, and it took like a year to get it all back together, but I'm hyped.
fuck dude, epic watch story :o I don't even want to dive into that rabbit hole that is second hand watches (although I did recently see a vintage omega speedmaster at a local store that wasn't THAT expensive #wifewouldkillmetho) but who in the actual fuck takes a drill to an omega?
Glad it all worked out for you, different crown doesn't mean shit in the scheme of things and only watch nerds know what you're wearing anyway. I started eyeing up one of these https://www.steinhartwatches.de/en/diver-watch/ocean-vintage-military.html but I think I might get a hamilton instead ... now I just have to come up with a reason to justify me buying even MORE watches
« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 06:27:57 PM by Gay Imp Sausage Metal »

colin

« Reply #5540 on: March 22, 2017, 08:24:36 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
fuck dude, epic watch story :o I don't even want to dive into that rabbit hole that is second hand watches (although I did recently see a vintage omega speedmaster at a local store that wasn't THAT expensive #wifewouldkillmetho) but who in the actual fuck takes a drill to an omega?
Glad it all worked out for you, different crown doesn't mean shit in the scheme of things and only watch nerds know what you're wearing anyway. I started eyeing up one of these https://www.steinhartwatches.de/en/diver-watch/ocean-vintage-military.html but I think I might get a hamilton instead ... now I just have to come up with a reason to justify me buying even MORE watches

That Steinhart is a dope looking watch

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5541 on: March 22, 2017, 09:41:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

That Steinhart is a dope looking watch
total 5517 milsub worship but I don't have a 100 grand to drop on a watch so it fills the void nicely (or it would if I bought it)

jack burton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #5542 on: March 25, 2017, 06:59:09 PM »

my gal and I are backpacking around utah in a few weeks..heavy but worth it  :)

Where you headed in utah?

MaryhillVibe

• SLAP Pal
  • gfm
« Reply #5543 on: March 25, 2017, 10:29:43 PM »
Expand Quote

my gal and I are backpacking around utah in a few weeks..heavy but worth it?  :)
[close]

Where you headed in utah?

I need a new tent...budget is 300CAD, two man...advice?

Pigeon

« Reply #5544 on: March 26, 2017, 10:35:42 AM »
^
Divide the person count by 2 to find out how many people can actually fit in. You have to account for your gear, unless you prefer to leave stuff outside of your tent. I've had raccoons fuck with my shit before, had stuff that got damaged by rain, had shit stolen, etc. my dog usually fucks shit up on camping trips so I'm always buying cheap Coleman tents.

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
  • Harley-Davidson Ironwing
« Reply #5545 on: March 26, 2017, 08:31:07 PM »
imagine all the ruckus in SF after reading your post, MHV.
montreal must be really fucked up rn
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 510
« Reply #5546 on: April 03, 2017, 02:55:03 AM »
Ordered a pair of steel toe Blunstones through work which I should have next week.  Little nervous since I've only been there a month, and they'll be getting deducted off my checks over the next 3 months.  Someone please tell me I've made a great decision even if I get canned and have to pay the difference outright.

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 491
« Reply #5547 on: April 21, 2017, 12:10:00 AM »
bought some new shoes.
all  were on sale.  hyped.

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 584
« Reply #5548 on: April 26, 2017, 02:03:49 PM »
Bought a TENS machine off Amazon. Definitely has helped with back and leg stuff. Stoked!
*Edit: After 4 successful uses, I accidentally raised the intensity or placed something wrong and gave myself a cramp
« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 11:14:33 PM by mynameisnotjeff »
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #5549 on: April 26, 2017, 05:44:10 PM »
I went on Amazon to look at stuff that I'm not gonna buy and saw that my fiancee had this real sexy bra in the cart. She always puts stuff in it and never buys anything so I bought it for her.