Author Topic: The Weed Thread  (Read 131363 times)

jewelrunner and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Buttfart Rapedick

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 276
Re: The Weed Thread
« Reply #1140 on: November 27, 2021, 02:09:04 AM »
Expand Quote
so i was browsing seed banks and stuff since i want to get some asap since they are about to legalize anyway and i think now it's chill.

if any you guys are familiar with any of these strains and would share opinions that would be great. i am interested in night queen, think fast, hifi 4g(honestly the name's just funny) and daiquiri lime. these are all available at dutchpassion, which a dude i know who's been growing for years says is a legit seedbank to buy from. thought about getting a few 3 packs for the start.
[close]

I'm too baked to say much of much right now  ;D but if you're trying to start a small grow tent first time thing, although they're not awesome, auto flowering seeds are an easy way to learn the basics imo

@Buttfart Rapedick

charas.... oh boy. if you're working with plants during flower or harvest and aren't wearing gloves or long sleeves, it's inevitable that you'll get the charas treatment at lunch time. same with trimmers. without gloves, you're covered and end up eating hash day in and day out. handling live plants on a larger scale anyways, the resin just soaks into your skin while you're sweating. things get really, really weird for about a week or so  :o

I watched a couple of videos of Frenchy Cannoli about hash making and the history of hash and it got me interested in charras. I really want to see what it looks like under magnification, with my ghetto kief hash you can really see how much plant matter and impurities end up in it.

I've only ever had real top shelf hash once many years ago at a jam band festival, and I was struck by how clean it was. It really was basically just a big loaf of trichomes pressed together and nothing else. I can't remember the strain but it was something high in myrcene because i remember feeling like my head was floating off my shoulders and I swear to god I got a boner when I exhaled it (oh to be 19 again). I crawled over to the tent and into my sleeping bag and listened to some dude doing a talkbox solo for what felt like hours and was so high that I kind of enjoyed it.

Golden goat this morning. No more SLH unless I'm really tired or mix it with something else, it made me a little too edgy. Im down to my last bud of indica flower (Hell's OG) so I might stop by the dispensary and grab a cut of that Crown Royale that I've been obsessed with (in concwntrate/cart form). Terps look a little weak but they don't look amazing on the budder either and its fire. Plus, its blueberry x purple kush, you can't really go wrong with parents like that.

Shifty Flip

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
  • and the whistle is screaming
« Reply #1141 on: November 27, 2021, 05:31:56 AM »
Now that it's back to freezing temperatures outside it's time to bust out the mini washing machine and bubble bag set up. Temple balls one aged are something special, but it's hard to leave them alone until aged.

@Buttfart Rapedick   PA dispo prices are so steep. Are they allowed to sell edibles there yet? All my PA coworkers ask for the MD connection even though they have a PA med card.
Donít google it! Youíll get ads for life.

Buttfart Rapedick

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1142 on: November 28, 2021, 02:30:07 AM »
Now that it's back to freezing temperatures outside it's time to bust out the mini washing machine and bubble bag set up. Temple balls one aged are something special, but it's hard to leave them alone until aged.

@Buttfart Rapedick   PA dispo prices are so steep. Are they allowed to sell edibles there yet? All my PA coworkers ask for the MD connection even though they have a PA med card.

Yeah I honestly feel for the people who live in the sticks and only have one shitty dispensary an hour away charging them $60-75 a cut for the good flower. If I wasn't a veteran I don't think id get half of what I do, tacking that 10-15% on to something already on sale is the only way I'll buy a lot of stuff. I'd break it down like this.

Flower - $35-75 an eighth but most falls in the $50-60 range.
Carts (half gram) - $35-50 for distillate, $40-70 for live resin
Concentrates (1g) - $60-95

But I should note that the extreme high end is basically just one company that targets the kind of people who think that if it costs more it must be better.

We don't have edibles the same way most places do... We have pills, tinctures, and RSO but not like gummies or anything like that. We have some stupid little rules that everyone actively bypasses like we technically can't smoke flower, it HAS to be vaporized. They also sell sugar leaf but every time they do you get a pack of illiterate dipshits frothing at the mouth because they didn't read the menu or label and somehow thought they were getting a quarter of top shelf bud for $30. I think theres some overlap in the growers for our programs though, pretty sure we have a few of the same as NJ too.

Super lemon haze mixed with Alien Rock Candy this morning. This is an interesting blend. ARC isn't the most sedating strain but its pretty heavy duty and was able to keep the SLH from getting me all edgy, at least so far (about 20 minutes in). The combination of the SLH energy and the heavy head buzz from the ARC is giving me almost a sour D vibe. Its definitely a little different than what I'm used to but not bad. I have a 1.5g Golden Goat bud left and I almost twisted that up but decided to save it for my next day off when I can really appreciate it. Might run to the dispensary and grab that crown if I get off work early enough to not miss the steelers game today, I'll snap pics if I do.

P.S. Has anyone tried root beer float (chem 91 x grape pie)? If so how sedating was it and did it tasre nasty ? The terps look interesting but theres a lot of linalool for a hybrid which sometimes makes me feel like I'm vaping massage oil.

Buttfart Rapedick

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1143 on: November 30, 2021, 02:39:28 AM »
Few new flower purchases... I hit up a new dispensary specifically to stock up on Crown Royale 1g LLR carts. I'm legitimately slowly buying out the city's inventory of this strain, there's only a few places left that have any CR left and I've got my eye on them too. Here's the album -

https://imgur.com/a/cP0n9Bn

First up is 1.2g of Lucinda Williams x Girl scout cookies. I believe I've posted this one before and it's always a crowd pleaser. Not just looks this time, this is a loud batch too, ill edit this and add the terp labels next time I post but its almost double the terps of the last batch. My "super lemon haze on its own will freak me out" issues continue so I wanted something high in myrcene to mix with it and this fit the bill nicely. I smoked a little bowl just to kind of gauge how potent it was and its nice, GSC euphoria and sweetness but with more of a cerebral energy. The best way I can describe it is its the kind of shit that makes you walk around whistling because you feel like you're in a Disney movie or something.

And then the second part.. I finally got around to trying the crown royale flower. Genetics recap - Blueberry x Purple Kush for those who haven't read older posts. This is probably going to be pretty underwhelming because you can't smell a picture. Indeed, at first glance it looked like a shitty cut of popcorn mids but then the smell hits you. It dank, earthy, sweet...notes of blueberry and vanilla and coca cola or rootbeer and an almost peppery bark like smell come through in a heavy wave that is just so interesting to me. Its also incredibly dank. I thought it was a bad cure or just super fresh but it's months old and letting it dry out a bit have lead me to conclude its just so dank that it feels like its lubricated with grease when you break it up. The smoke is heavy and hangs in the air but is very smooth. The high is exactly what I was expecting, basically the same as the concentrates which makes sense given they're the same pheno type. Anyways there's not much to see here, even under magnification its nothing to write home about. This is the girl with a meh face but the most amazing personality that also happens to give consistently amazing blowjobs and never annoys you. It's an absolute diamond of a strain that I worry will sell poorly because it lacks a flashy name and is ugly as sin.

Buttfart Rapedick

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1144 on: December 01, 2021, 04:24:27 AM »

Here's the terps from that gsc x lw. Mixing it with the SLH is a really weird blend, sometimes I enjoy it but sometimes it feels Ike the strains are fighting each other instead of working together. I have about a gram of the SLH left, I might just bless someone at the park with it but I was thinking about maybe trying to make some homemade caviar with a high myrcene oil.

Anyways the Crown has basically turned me into the apathetic stoner stereotype. I'm not just content sitting in bed watching old wrestling, im excited about it haha. It's just the most perfect indica I could ask for. This shit, cotton candy grapes, Noosa yogurt (has to be noosa), and smoked gouda cheese. Thats basically the recipe for pure bliss.

Buttfart Rapedick

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1145 on: December 02, 2021, 04:59:07 AM »
Grocery day and things worked out nicely because the dispensary across the street from the grocery store actually has 1g packs of multiple strains for once. Im thinking that my shopping list is going to look like this:

- 1g Blueberry (standard farms)
- 1g Super Silver Haze (standard farms)
- 1g Lemon Grenades (grassroots)
- 1g Stardawg x Northern Lights Haze #2 (grassroots)

Might grab another cut of Golden Goat, or they have blue agave smalls on sale for $75 a quarter but im scared itll be the same microseeded batch my last eighth was. I still have a little bit of MAC n cheese if I need to get my terpinoline fix.

And then they got in some crown budder which I may grab or I may wait to see if it shows up at some of the places with better discounts. I still have 2 1g carts and a dab or two left plus some of the flower so I should be ok to shop around or wait for a holiday sale.

This morning I decided to mix goat and crown for shits and giggles. My two fav strains, so I feel like there was no way I wouldn't like this and I was right. The tastes don't necessarily compliment each other but the effects certainly do. I don't like it as much as I do each individual strain on its own but it was still interesting and I enjoyed it, predictably it was very euphoric.

Frank

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 701
  • 2nite!
« Reply #1146 on: December 02, 2021, 07:43:54 AM »
what are your general thoughts on mixing strains or even different smoke mediums?

like over here it's relatively common to mix weed and hash in a spliff.

i used to mix weeds when i had different strains available. for example i mixed cbd bud with some other super strong amnesia bud i had and it made the amnesia hit way more mellow. usually amnesia works like an upper for me, like it gives me adhd. i hit it and then manically do stuff. which is why i avoid it usually because that's not what i'm looking for mostly. but the mix was pretty good, still very active but could focus way easier on what i actually wanted to do.

lemonchicken91

• Rep: 92
« Reply #1147 on: December 02, 2021, 06:33:06 PM »
I've heard that mixing the CBD can benefit a lot of people.

I saw a video of a study years ago where they inject this lady with a CBD/THc mix and she is chilling
They injected her w straight THC and she was just full on buggin out

We cross bred this shit too strong.

I have mixed strains but i usually prefer to stick to one for flavor.

Buttfart Rapedick

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1148 on: December 03, 2021, 02:31:28 AM »
CBD is useful for certain things but it fucks with my sleep patterns so I generally avoid it. I think theres still a lot of really interesting compounds to be studied further like CBN which I've started paying attention to after noticing it in some carts I liked.

Here's yesterdays pickups, ended up only grabbing these 2 as the others didn't look great terp wise.

https://imgur.com/a/AVmTLJj

Maybe you West coast cats can answer me this...have you ever had Super Silver Haze that had zero terpinoline before? I think every time I've had it before it was like the second most prominent terp but I snagged a gram from a new grower yesterday and there's a load of myrcene but no terpinoline at all. At any rate its pretty fucking good, better than I expected as this grower is considered more of a low budget option. Check out the terps..weird but good. Reminds me a little of the African Thai i had a while back.

The blueberry was kind of a lark but I've been so happy with Crown Royale lately that when I saw one of the parents pop up I decided to snag it. I smoked a ton of blueberry back in the early-mid 00's and got kind of burnt out on it, plus its another strain that got so popular that the genetics became muddled and theres a hundred different phenos just labeled as bb. This is actually a really good cut. I was a little miffed when I popped the lid because it was pretty dry, small buds and there was a fair bit of shake. After rehydrating for a few hours it really perked up though and I'm very much enjoying it. Classic mellow BB high, super relaxed and free from pain or worry. Might actually grab this as a concentrate in the future but I've only seen it in distillate form so far.

Frank

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 701
  • 2nite!
« Reply #1149 on: December 03, 2021, 02:40:21 AM »
i can't post pics, but came upon some nice bud. very frosty and sticky. no idea what strain haha. allegedly it's some sort of haze. the flower looks a bit blue greyish with the frosting, super pale. it almost turns into hash when you grind it. definitely tastes like pine or conifers, a bit minty, and some citrus notes. pretty soft smoke and it has a nice effect. good for evening chilling. it's a mix of being head high and body stoned. but not so bad you are couchlocked, just relaxed. 

3D X-Ray Vision

• Rep: 30
« Reply #1150 on: December 03, 2021, 09:38:41 AM »

Okay check this out. This is a strain called Black Lava I just picked up from a local weed shop yesterday. I am not exaggerating when I say this: strongest strain I have ever smoked in my life, hands down. I smoked almost every day from the ages of 16-36 and I've lived in Europe and Arabia so I definitely know my weed. I have smoked a thousand different strains and I lived in the Netherlands from 2004-2007 so I have been exposed to some of the strongest weed in the Western world and the strongest Hashish from the Middle East and South Asia. I only smoke on the weekends now and I take a tolerance break for 5 days every week so I when I take that first hit I get stoned as fuck. This Black Lava shit is what you call a 'Day-Ruiner', when I was a kid we called this kinda weed 'Crippler' because it just knocks you the fuck out. I was planning on skating last night but after two bong rips I was basically paralyzed, I slept like a dead man for 11 hours. I fell asleep with my clothes and shoes on. Very relaxing, restful sleep. It's supposedly a Sativa-dominant Hybrid but it smells really skunky and hit me like an Indica, just total couchlock and a little feeling of panic but I kept it mellow, I was fine. But oh man you guys gotta watch out for this Black Lava shit. You will sleep like a log in the woods.

Buttfart Rapedick

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1151 on: December 05, 2021, 02:24:27 AM »
@3D X-Ray Vision

Nice! I wonder what the genetics are, I've heard of lava cake around here so maybe some shared lineage?

Its interesting that you brought that up too because I have a reverse case - something labeled indica that hits me like a sativa or sdh. It's called Dragonfly..not sure what the genetics are but I bet it's got MAC in it because its got the ultra dense chunkball buds and a fair bit of terpinoline. It gives me the typical mental energy and clarity I get from terp dom sativas and is supposed to taper off into more of a classic indica experience but it just hasn't happened for me. Its really good, don't get me wrong. Its just not night time weed, at least not for me. I decided to try a morning smoke with it and see how I feel in a few hours, I think it will fit really nicely into my rotation as an early in the day creative energy booster and I might even prefer it to the MAC and Cheese I got from the same grower a few posts back.

Pics and terps -

https://imgur.com/a/R2lcsnU

Also grabbed a gram of crown royale budder on this trip. It was full price ($59 with vet discount) so I only grabbed one for now. Still in love with that strain.