Author Topic: things that made you laugh today  (Read 3625471 times)

Frank

• Mods
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
Re: things that made you laugh today
« Reply #26850 on: February 04, 2022, 10:34:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I'm a nerd I love these guys. 33:05 really got me
https://youtu.be/FaSNvI7oShk
[close]

that's a great episode, i rewatch it sometimes because the scenes with kelsey grammar are so funny when he plays himself up, yet apparently his character doesn't do shit the whole movie. or at least that's how it seemed to me.
[close]

I love RLM…. If I’m ever feelin down, this 30 minute montage of rich Evans butchering words is a quick pick me up

https://youtu.be/z7K2FuK1xbk

no doubt, there's not many media things that can so easily better my mood than rlm. just the right mix of cynicism and heart in their humor. especially because of rich evans. i love it everytime he gets pissed on video and can't help but speak in this high pitched little angry kid voice. and then imo he also generally has interesting viewpoints on movies when he disagress with his mates.

Verdugo

• Rep: 1
« Reply #26851 on: February 04, 2022, 09:44:13 PM »
https://youtu.be/N01qKtuIU3U

Sean Donahue is the best/ most underrated actor alive.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 854
« Reply #26852 on: February 04, 2022, 11:31:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I'm a nerd I love these guys. 33:05 really got me
https://youtu.be/FaSNvI7oShk
[close]

that's a great episode, i rewatch it sometimes because the scenes with kelsey grammar are so funny when he plays himself up, yet apparently his character doesn't do shit the whole movie. or at least that's how it seemed to me.
[close]

I love RLM…. If I’m ever feelin down, this 30 minute montage of rich Evans butchering words is a quick pick me up

https://youtu.be/z7K2FuK1xbk
[close]

no doubt, there's not many media things that can so easily better my mood than rlm. just the right mix of cynicism and heart in their humor. especially because of rich evans. i love it everytime he gets pissed on video and can't help but speak in this high pitched little angry kid voice. and then imo he also generally has interesting viewpoints on movies when he disagress with his mates.
Just to add on to the RLM love even if I out aside how funny they are and how good at making videos etc they are genuinely the best film reviewers by several miles. There's plenty others on YouTube and they are all mad budget. Hack the movies might be the worst (at least out of popular ones) they literally just retell the plot of the movie and randomly read facts off Wikipedia. That's not a fucking review. RLM can actually just freely get into any detail about film making or writing.
What's weird tho is I have no idea when I started watching them or how I even found them. I can remember the first time I saw hundreds of other shows but not RLM just one day it was a part of my life.

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 672
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #26853 on: February 07, 2022, 09:33:30 AM »
^^ Definitely. Super in depth without being pretentious? If that makes any sense… also Jay is like a damn film encyclopedia. His references to films no human being has ever watched are impressive ha.

Plus all the gems like this

https://youtu.be/OHmOe3yXIj0
if the mods were wu-tang, dean would be cappadonna

friendly dave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 719
  • grinding to a halt
    • grindingtoahalt avatar image
« Reply #26854 on: February 07, 2022, 02:48:57 PM »
Because you can't kill and idea, and we will not be ruled!

the visuals are also mad visual yo
FTW

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 672
« Reply #26855 on: February 09, 2022, 09:14:33 AM »
if the mods were wu-tang, dean would be cappadonna

PuffinMuffin

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1417
« Reply #26856 on: February 09, 2022, 09:15:39 AM »
i’m 80% skateboarder 20% atlantic puffin enthusiast

JamesNtheGntPch

• Rep: 38
  • Philadelphia, PA
« Reply #26857 on: February 13, 2022, 06:28:55 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qo65Wx99YwQ

This is great. I'm going down a rabbit hole of these old Letterman clips.

realbasedgod112

• Rep: 80
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #26858 on: February 14, 2022, 07:06:16 PM »
I apologise for my post in advance.
This will likely not provide the same entertainment to others reading it as it did to me in the moment.
Today, while I was indulging in a ham cheese and tomato croissant, I happened to find myself staring at a small troop of ants that were gradually making their way across a footpath in a line. They tend to do that.
Now, due to the close proximity of the cafe this meal was purchased from to a small patch where a tree and some other plants, birds often spend their days lounging around the area.
(While not being extensive, this story is not a quick one, so bear with me here)
I'm unsure of how exactly it came about, but it happened to be that there was a decent amount of smallish pieces of bread near the ants. Perhaps that's what brought them across the pavement in the first place.
Here's where it all comes together;
There is a bird sitting on a small barrier. (The typical sidewalk cafe barriers, I'm unsure how common they are but I have faith that you will know what i'm talking about.) For those who are easier to entertain, this is laughable in itself.
The bird observes the line of ants. It swoops. Disaster ensues. The ants scatter.
But what's this? The bird has disregarded the ants entirely. It eats the breadcrumbs.
-POSTFACE-
This may not be funny to other people. But in that moment, I came to ponder once again the strange nature of how we associate with animals in the nature that we inherited from them. Though I'm unsure of the nutritional value of ants compared to that of breadcrumbs, surely the ants would provide a larger and thus more fulfilling/sustaining meal. Alas, the bird chooses to opt for the bread rather than the more traditional ants. I wonder, would a bird in the wild eat a berry before an insect of similar size? We have drastically altered this world, and the processes within it.
In short, I found it funny, not only in the 'ha-ha' sense but the peculiar sense also that a bird would eat something man-made rather than bugs that would provide more nourishment.
y’all not fuckin with what i’m fuckin with

tuesday

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
  • The mistery of shadows
« Reply #26859 on: February 18, 2022, 06:42:14 AM »

tuesday

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
  • The mistery of shadows
« Reply #26860 on: February 18, 2022, 07:25:03 AM »
Frank Gerwer is a genius. And I do not mean that in an ironic way.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
« Reply #26861 on: February 18, 2022, 06:03:23 PM »
Gerwer > Gesmer

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 871
« Reply #26862 on: February 18, 2022, 10:54:32 PM »
https://youtu.be/pMTIRPlXva4

Holy shit why do the stupidest things make me laugh the hardest. I can't stop.

AitchBeeGayBuh

• Rep: 58
« Reply #26863 on: February 26, 2022, 10:36:49 AM »
So Feldog put out a new ‘hit’ with Dr Dre’s kid (how he got involved, I don’t know). So much happening in this video but my favorite are his dance moves and the back up dancers in the middle of the song. (1:56)
http://youtu.be/0m7yHvEjWSE

Dude was in Friday the 13th, Gremlins, voice of Donatello in the original TMNT cartoon.. Mouth in the Goonies! I’m a fan of him from my youth always without a doubt. But I can’t help but crack up from the bottom of my gut for how he has been presenting himself over the past decade.

Shine on you crazy diamond...

botefdunn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 684
« Reply #26864 on: February 26, 2022, 11:39:48 AM »
geez, im down to watch aging childstars fall from grace, but whoever produced that track is the real source of embarassment. Nobody could make that sound good.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
« Reply #26865 on: February 26, 2022, 01:50:40 PM »
So Feldog put out a new ‘hit’ with Dr Dre’s kid (how he got involved, I don’t know). So much happening in this video but my favorite are his dance moves and the back up dancers in the middle of the song. (1:56)

Dude was in Friday the 13th, Gremlins, voice of Donatello in the original TMNT cartoon.. Mouth in the Goonies! I’m a fan of him from my youth always without a doubt. But I can’t help but crack up from the bottom of my gut for how he has been presenting himself over the past decade.

He can never top this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iO_8n5y5edk

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

Dante Bichette

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • 10th Prestige
« Reply #26866 on: February 26, 2022, 03:31:47 PM »
Can someone explain in Fortnite terms?

ihatejulio

• Mods
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1090
« Reply #26867 on: February 26, 2022, 04:49:56 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

He can never top this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iO_8n5y5edk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZX7UJSXCiU&ab_channel=BrittanyPriestessPaige

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #26868 on: March 01, 2022, 05:30:19 AM »

EXTRA SPICY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 322
  • Low Scovilles
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #26869 on: March 07, 2022, 04:23:52 PM »

Never forget.
We need Malto to release the pic of Biebel drunk in an elevator with his wiener hanging out.

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 858
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #26870 on: March 08, 2022, 12:07:57 PM »
My neighbor is a musician and asked me if I would listen to his album hes been working on. He played me the first track last summer and I really had to lie to him about it being good because it's a really stupid song and he totally thinks it's awesome. The song is called "the shit show" and it's supposed to be like a reflection of the times. It sucks and the album only gets worse from there. There's one joint that he described as "similar to ok computer by radiohead" which has this like robot voice that keeps coming back in with instructions for returning to like and "organic form" of life, but at the end theres a sneaky little "sent from my iphone" line. Totally a "I'm in my 50s and I don't like technology" jam. There's a balled that I'm pretty sure is for his wife. I don't even want to finish the rest. If I could show you guys the fucking cover of this thing...

What the hell do I tell this guy? His album sucks, but at least he made something. He's a good musician and wrote, played, and recorded everything himself. He's far more skilled than I'll ever be and I can tell he's put a bunch of effort into these songs, but I don't like them and I don't ever want to hear them again.

PuffinMuffin

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #26871 on: March 08, 2022, 12:18:05 PM »
My neighbor is a musician and asked me if I would listen to his album hes been working on. He played me the first track last summer and I really had to lie to him about it being good because it's a really stupid song and he totally thinks it's awesome. The song is called "the shit show" and it's supposed to be like a reflection of the times. It sucks and the album only gets worse from there. There's one joint that he described as "similar to ok computer by radiohead" which has this like robot voice that keeps coming back in with instructions for returning to like and "organic form" of life, but at the end theres a sneaky little "sent from my iphone" line. Totally a "I'm in my 50s and I don't like technology" jam. There's a balled that I'm pretty sure is for his wife. I don't even want to finish the rest. If I could show you guys the fucking cover of this thing...

What the hell do I tell this guy? His album sucks, but at least he made something. He's a good musician and wrote, played, and recorded everything himself. He's far more skilled than I'll ever be and I can tell he's put a bunch of effort into these songs, but I don't like them and I don't ever want to hear them again.

Hahahaha, I want to hear this! I would do the whole "I can see how other people would like it, but I don't feel like I'm the target audience" song and dance. But really, it's probably best to just lie and say it's good to keep the peace.

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 422
« Reply #26872 on: March 08, 2022, 01:25:33 PM »

I feel like these type of scenarios make me think about what percentage of people genuinely want honest feedback on what people think or if they are just looking for affirmation. I would have to imagine the majority are looking for affirmation, but telling someone straight up you think something they put time and effort into is bad is also a tough gig. Godspeed.

Irvine-Sucks.com

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 858
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #26873 on: March 08, 2022, 02:08:02 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Hahahaha, I want to hear this! I would do the whole "I can see how other people would like it, but I don't feel like I'm the target audience" song and dance. But really, it's probably best to just lie and say it's good to keep the peace.

Well, he put this online himself, so have at it! Welcome to the shit show! https://open.spotify.com/track/36t33J7RQi5y7N2ASOI0yy?si=587b6398db924b29

slappies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1204
« Reply #26874 on: March 08, 2022, 02:20:28 PM »
Great vocals and even better lyrics!
CRACK RAIDER RAZOR

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2592
« Reply #26875 on: March 08, 2022, 08:42:59 PM »
I don't like it at the shit show.
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

PuffinMuffin

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #26876 on: March 10, 2022, 10:24:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Well, he put this online himself, so have at it! Welcome to the shit show! https://open.spotify.com/track/36t33J7RQi5y7N2ASOI0yy?si=587b6398db924b29

Thank you for sharing friend! Reminds me of that L Ron Hubbard Mission Earth concept album.  ;D

Fhk

« Reply #26877 on: March 11, 2022, 04:00:13 AM »

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #26878 on: March 11, 2022, 08:27:21 AM »
thank you.

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568