Author Topic: Ultimate Boarder: "Three Boards. One Champion."  (Read 3094 times)

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Ultimate Boarder: "Three Boards. One Champion."
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2008, 11:39:58 AM »
Expand Quote
One other thing, sort of off topic: I respect surfing since that's where skateboarding stemmed from (though I don't follow it or anything... shit I've never even seen it done in real life), but I just don't like watching video of people surfing. I think that's probably because I've never done it and can't relate to how hard it is. Not knocking it, I just can't relate to it. No waves in the mud here.
[close]

Word.  Some of the big wave stuff that i've seen has been kind of cool, but as a whole I could care less about watching someone in a pukka shell necklace try to stay on top of a three foot wave.
Yeah, when its like a 60 foot + wave, it can be pretty crazy to watch. I saw people surfing the big waves at mavericks once in person. Its pretty crazy. Still doesn't change the fact that surfers are just sea-dwelling jock assholes.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

lonesome_traveler

« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2008, 11:54:15 AM »

[/quote]

Meh.  Surfing is still boring.
[/quote]

http://youtube.com/watch?v=kb_CPNqlLGc

Zurg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2008, 01:53:41 PM »
Where was Sluggo? Where?

Lurkenstock

« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2008, 11:09:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
One other thing, sort of off topic: I respect surfing since that's where skateboarding stemmed from (though I don't follow it or anything... shit I've never even seen it done in real life), but I just don't like watching video of people surfing. I think that's probably because I've never done it and can't relate to how hard it is. Not knocking it, I just can't relate to it. No waves in the mud here.
[close]

Word.  Some of the big wave stuff that i've seen has been kind of cool, but as a whole I could care less about watching someone in a pukka shell necklace try to stay on top of a three foot wave.
[close]
Yeah, when its like a 60 foot + wave, it can be pretty crazy to watch. I saw people surfing the big waves at mavericks once in person. Its pretty crazy. Still doesn't change the fact that surfers are just sea-dwelling jock assholes.
A few questions.

You sure about that, chief?
Jock assholes?
Just exactly how many actual surfers do you know?
Are you basing this opinion off of personal experience or just what you've seen portrayed in movies, television, and word of mouth?

I live in the surfing capital of the world basically, and I know tons of people that surf.
Some of them are fucking donkeys, I'll give you that, but the majority of them that I know are cool as fuck and some of them even skate super good too.
Surfing isn't my thing, but I give it up for the dudes that charge when it's big and fucking gnarly, because trust me, that shit is not easy.

« Last Edit: April 22, 2008, 11:15:40 AM by Lurkenstock »

Lurkenstock

« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2008, 11:18:23 AM »
Also, in regards to this contest that went down, stoked to say that my homie Chris Kays got 12th overall or something.
I know for sure that he got second in the actual skating portion of it.
Aaron Astorga won the whole shit, came up on 30 g's, nice.
That guy fucking shreds and is super cool, he definitely deserves a payday like that.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1582
« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2008, 06:57:03 PM »
surfing=only thing that could break D Way....