Author Topic: Things You Are Not Stoked On  (Read 1885647 times)

A.J.K.

Re: Things You Are Not Stoked On
« Reply #12270 on: September 13, 2012, 07:40:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Things have been going great with my fiance lately but as of now I do not really know what to do. The last real argument we got into was about how I'm always at work while she's at home watching her kids (none of them are biologically mine but I do love them and help take care of them) and the house always looks like a cyclone. Lo and behold, a neighbor we called the cops on for beating his girlfriend decided to get vindictive and the other day called the cops on us for one of her kids yelling. While the kid wasn't yelling when the cops showed up they still beat on the door forever to come in and even threatened to kick it down. She answered, didn't give them permission to come in, and the cop shoved her to come in. Because of the state of the house they arrested her for child neglect, although the next day the Department of Children and Families said the house was fine for children to live in.

Meanwhile it cost me every cent I made from my job the past week to bond her out. She has a friend who sends her Xanax in the mail recently and when we were first together she was on it and was basically a comatose zombie and hated it. She had no way to get it prescribed here and now her doctor is going to do it because of the stress of all this. He was prescribing her Ambien and she was sleeping on it just fine. I think she just likes the whole numb feeling. It's just annoying to come home from work and instead of having sex or at least cuddling she's going to be passed the fuck out from here on out 24/7 and the problem of the house will just get worse and worse. Really contemplating this marriage thing at the moment. The arrests won't stick because of the illegal way the cops came in, but my point is if she would have just kept the house clean they would have had no reason to do shit. I don't want her in trouble... but I really loved her not numbed out all the time. It's just all regular.
[close]

1. Your house must look like one of those cat lady houses to have your lady arrested for child neglect.  
2. Break up with this lady immediately, it sounds really bad, get out while you can.  
3. She's going to be passed out on junk not cleaning up, be attentive etc. and you think she's marriage material !!??
4. I repeat, this is not going to end well. GTFO!
5. Sorry to be harsh, but no one else will.
HairyCunt isn't the most popular poster here, but he's right.  You know the situation is bad and going to get worse so i'd have to say don't do it.  Getting married isn't going to help anything but legally bind you into an unpleasant relationship where you seem to be the one everyone depends on.  If your house is messy enough that your kids are taken away, even if it's for a short period time, something is fucked up.

steve

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 45
« Reply #12271 on: September 13, 2012, 10:41:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Things have been going great with my fiance lately but as of now I do not really know what to do. The last real argument we got into was about how I'm always at work while she's at home watching her kids (none of them are biologically mine but I do love them and help take care of them) and the house always looks like a cyclone. Lo and behold, a neighbor we called the cops on for beating his girlfriend decided to get vindictive and the other day called the cops on us for one of her kids yelling. While the kid wasn't yelling when the cops showed up they still beat on the door forever to come in and even threatened to kick it down. She answered, didn't give them permission to come in, and the cop shoved her to come in. Because of the state of the house they arrested her for child neglect, although the next day the Department of Children and Families said the house was fine for children to live in.

Meanwhile it cost me every cent I made from my job the past week to bond her out. She has a friend who sends her Xanax in the mail recently and when we were first together she was on it and was basically a comatose zombie and hated it. She had no way to get it prescribed here and now her doctor is going to do it because of the stress of all this. He was prescribing her Ambien and she was sleeping on it just fine. I think she just likes the whole numb feeling. It's just annoying to come home from work and instead of having sex or at least cuddling she's going to be passed the fuck out from here on out 24/7 and the problem of the house will just get worse and worse. Really contemplating this marriage thing at the moment. The arrests won't stick because of the illegal way the cops came in, but my point is if she would have just kept the house clean they would have had no reason to do shit. I don't want her in trouble... but I really loved her not numbed out all the time. It's just all regular.
[close]

1. Your house must look like one of those cat lady houses to have your lady arrested for child neglect.  
2. Break up with this lady immediately, it sounds really bad, get out while you can.  
3. She's going to be passed out on junk not cleaning up, be attentive etc. and you think she's marriage material !!??
4. I repeat, this is not going to end well. GTFO!
5. Sorry to be harsh, but no one else will.
[close]
HairyCunt isn't the most popular poster here, but he's right.  You know the situation is bad and going to get worse so i'd have to say don't do it.  Getting married isn't going to help anything but legally bind you into an unpleasant relationship where you seem to be the one everyone depends on.  If your house is messy enough that your kids are taken away, even if it's for a short period time, something is fucked up.

Popeyes, come on, dude. I don't really give a fuck what you do either way but you've had some rough times that you have shared with us, AND that you have gotten through. Dude, you have a hard enough time doing your own thing with the psych shit, meds, hospitals, family, etc. This female doesn't sound too good. This situation can't be good for you. I bet you do love the kids but, bro, you can't give em a damn thing if momma bear is sucking down pharmie footballs. DONT FOLLOW YOUR HEART. GTFO!

happenstance

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 690
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #12272 on: September 14, 2012, 01:51:50 PM »
Slammed to flat from a 7 foot ramp. Straight to the side and bounced. Knocked the wind out of me harder than ever before, bruised multiple ribs (it actually hurts to laugh), my back and neck are all tweaked out and my insides actually hurt.

steve

« Reply #12273 on: September 14, 2012, 02:09:44 PM »
Slammed to flat from a 7 foot ramp. Straight to the side and bounced. Knocked the wind out of me harder than ever before, bruised multiple ribs (it actually hurts to laugh), my back and neck are all tweaked out and my insides actually hurt.

fuck dude. that sucks. i was goin frontside in the deep of a pool once, board shot out, heels stuck over coping. fell straight back to bottom. I was rocked for a long time. get high homie, get real high and try not to laugh

happenstance

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 690
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #12274 on: September 14, 2012, 02:33:44 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

fuck dude. that sucks. i was goin frontside in the deep of a pool once, board shot out, heels stuck over coping. fell straight back to bottom. I was rocked for a long time. get high homie, get real high and try not to laugh

That has been a challenge so far. Funny thing is I fell the exact same way a few years ago but that time I got a concussion. So I guess I got off easy.

cancelled

• Rep: -26
« Reply #12275 on: September 14, 2012, 03:14:07 PM »

gnarly.

ivegotlevitation

« Reply #12276 on: September 14, 2012, 06:53:57 PM »
came home from work to grab my board and drive to the Tempe park, and when I got back in my car it wouldn't start. looks like I get to buy a new battery tomorrow. thankfully my girlfriend's dad is in town and he can install it for me because I don't know how to car.

sleepypancakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 228
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #12277 on: September 14, 2012, 08:22:34 PM »
came home from work to grab my board and drive to the Tempe park, and when I got back in my car it wouldn't start. looks like I get to buy a new battery tomorrow. thankfully my girlfriend's dad is in town and he can install it for me because I don't know how to car.
I also am unfamiliar in car, fluent in motorcycle but no conversational car.

Because mine shit the bed on the way home from work today. Fuck. Catalytic converter or something?

ivegotlevitation

« Reply #12278 on: September 14, 2012, 09:17:59 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Because mine shit the bed on the way home from work today. Fuck. Catalytic converter or something?

never even heard of it.

Omamori

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -128
« Reply #12279 on: September 15, 2012, 09:47:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

never even heard of it.
What!?

But changing the battery is easy, at least in my Mini. Let your gf's dad show you.

steve

« Reply #12280 on: September 15, 2012, 10:21:34 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

damn, my piece shit out a few weeks ago too. have to figure out what is wrong with it this weekend.

The catalytic converter is part of the exhaust system so I'm thinking that your problem isn't there. At one point, not so long ago, cars didn't have catalytic converters. Fuck, it could be electrical, fuel pump, timing belt, etc. good luck, dudes

ivegotlevitation

« Reply #12281 on: September 15, 2012, 10:53:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

never even heard of it.
[close]
What!?

But changing the battery is easy, at least in my Mini. Let your gf's dad show you.

I know, I just never learned anything about cars. Never took a huge interest in them and no one was really around to teach me anything. I think he's putting it in this afternoon, thankfully. Also, not stoked about having to pay $107 for that fucking battery. >:(

paulhartman4prez

• Rep: 22
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #12282 on: September 15, 2012, 01:34:11 PM »
Had a great time at the bar last night until my homie threw a bottle at this chicks car. She freaked, we peaced, woke up only to find that I pissed myself and puked all over my friend who was sleeping on the ground next to me. Spent the afternoon at the beach just shaking my head and silently saying "no". Oh yeah my buddy pissed himself too. Classic.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 01:39:54 PM by paulhartman4prez »

ivegotlevitation

« Reply #12283 on: September 16, 2012, 07:41:23 PM »
I've been working on fixing this fucking battery problem in my car for the past two hours. Got the new battery, removed the old one, and then found out that the clamp for the positive battery terminal is so fucking corroded that it's falling apart and now I have to go get a new one, but there are no auto parts stores open this late on a sunday, so I'll have to do it tomorrow. Thankfully there are people kind enough to take me to work and pick me up. This just couldn't have come at a worse time of the month.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #12284 on: September 17, 2012, 07:53:38 AM »
I've been working on fixing this fucking battery problem in my car for the past two hours. Got the new battery, removed the old one, and then found out that the clamp for the positive battery terminal is so fucking corroded that it's falling apart and now I have to go get a new one, but there are no auto parts stores open this late on a sunday, so I'll have to do it tomorrow. Thankfully there are people kind enough to take me to work and pick me up. This just couldn't have come at a worse time of the month.
Are you on your period?

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

the snake

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 350
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #12285 on: September 17, 2012, 09:28:21 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Are you on your period?
haha

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 509
« Reply #12286 on: September 18, 2012, 03:22:54 AM »
I'll spare the irrelevant details.. Point is.. A chick texted me at 3am last night to come over, and I just ignored it and went back to sleep.  I am the biggest idiot.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 03:30:12 AM by Jumping Beans »

McDuff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 55
« Reply #12287 on: September 18, 2012, 09:28:00 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

damn, my piece shit out a few weeks ago too. have to figure out what is wrong with it this weekend.

The catalytic converter is part of the exhaust system so I'm thinking that your problem isn't there. At one point, not so long ago, cars didn't have catalytic converters. Fuck, it could be electrical, fuel pump, timing belt, etc. good luck, dudes

im in need of a catalytic converter myself. i have a 98' civic. i was driving home one day and the car started puttering. if i put regular pressure on the gas pedal it would putter and not change gears. if i put a tiny bit of pressure on it, it would drive ok, changing gears ok, but obv very slow on the acceleration. i drove it a few more times after, and each time it would struggle to even get started. it got worse each time, and now doesnt even start. thankfully my brother knows cars inside and out and hes helped me. not sure what kind of car you have but check ebay, junkyards, craigslist etc. there are universal fit catalytic converters you can buy, and ones that are specific for your car.

my brother had said the hardest part of installing a new one is taking the old one off because the bolts will be so rusted that you would need a lift to get it off. also, something about how theyd have to weld it on... i actually found one on craigslist for $30 (picking it up tomorrow), so he said hed give it a go... when it first happened he told me to expect $200-$250 with labor. but if you buy the part and bring it to a shop, it will take the price down. pretty sure they go for $100-$150 new. dont know if this helped at all, but funny that were in the same boat. also, couldnt have come at a worse time for me.

sidenote: there is a market for clogged catalytic converters. people somehow extract platinum from them. my brother had told me that its not uncommon for someone to steal one right off a car on the street. obv the older the car, its more clogged, thus more platinum. its just hard to steal these things because like i said, those bolts are rusted to hell. weird, wild, stuff.

RerouteTheDoubt

• Rep: 11
    • www.RerouteTheDoubt.com avatar image
« Reply #12288 on: September 18, 2012, 10:00:47 AM »
Im not stoked on The newer wave of "Rap"  songs you find on the radio being edited with skateboarding..First of all Radio rap songs don't usually work too often.to edit with.And if its like your serious ,you need banger fucking tricks for the hard beat...Like the new wild power Video part with Nick Mccloth and WAKA...REALLY??? horrid..Like they dont clash well @ all..Nick needs to skate to soft shit no disrespect to him cuz hes redic But that song didnt mesh with his skating in turn creating shity part...Use throwback/conscience/backpack/old school vibe type rap

Patey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #12289 on: September 18, 2012, 10:19:14 AM »
not stoked that its getting colder...

i mean fall months are a pretty sweet temp to skate in but the winters here are long and unforgiving.

steve

« Reply #12290 on: September 18, 2012, 02:42:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

im in need of a catalytic converter myself. i have a 98' civic. i was driving home one day and the car started puttering. if i put regular pressure on the gas pedal it would putter and not change gears. if i put a tiny bit of pressure on it, it would drive ok, changing gears ok, but obv very slow on the acceleration. i drove it a few more times after, and each time it would struggle to even get started. it got worse each time, and now doesnt even start. thankfully my brother knows cars inside and out and hes helped me. not sure what kind of car you have but check ebay, junkyards, craigslist etc. there are universal fit catalytic converters you can buy, and ones that are specific for your car.

my brother had said the hardest part of installing a new one is taking the old one off because the bolts will be so rusted that you would need a lift to get it off. also, something about how theyd have to weld it on... i actually found one on craigslist for $30 (picking it up tomorrow), so he said hed give it a go... when it first happened he told me to expect $200-$250 with labor. but if you buy the part and bring it to a shop, it will take the price down. pretty sure they go for $100-$150 new. dont know if this helped at all, but funny that were in the same boat. also, couldnt have come at a worse time for me.

sidenote: there is a market for clogged catalytic converters. people somehow extract platinum from them. my brother had told me that its not uncommon for someone to steal one right off a car on the street. obv the older the car, its more clogged, thus more platinum. its just hard to steal these things because like i said, those bolts are rusted to hell. weird, wild, stuff.

my neighbor offered to look at my car while I was out and when he took the plugs out they were corroded, no big deal, right? No, he gets to the #1 plug and the shitstick who did my last tuneup stripped it. I can't get the old thing out. This is going to be a fucking adventure.

McDuff

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #12291 on: September 18, 2012, 05:37:43 PM »
damn homie. i hope shit works out for you.

Smell Good

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 54
« Reply #12292 on: September 18, 2012, 05:45:18 PM »
I've never really had a facebook (I made one years ago but didn't know what to do with it so I deleted it)

Anyways, I started one using a fake name today and I basically just started creeping on everybody I knew. It's awful and giving me this bad/sick feeling in the pit of my stomach. This shit could definitely spiral out of control so I'm gonna delete this and never touch this shit again.

Joust Ostrich

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 664
  • Speculatnaciousness?
« Reply #12293 on: September 18, 2012, 06:02:04 PM »
http://www.skateboardermag.com/emulator/

This contest, your mustache, and you should have 270'd out.
I'm posting from my blackberry wtf?!?!?

jack burton

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #12294 on: September 18, 2012, 06:17:58 PM »
Work situation.

steve

« Reply #12295 on: September 18, 2012, 06:42:38 PM »
Work situation.

Keep your head up, man! I sat through a "prospective substitute teacher" meeting this afternoon. $65/day. What a fucking racket. I hope I get the ABA gig

jack burton

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #12296 on: September 18, 2012, 07:10:21 PM »
No work history in anything but kitchens and I'm over it. Truthfully never even learned that much. Applied for some juice bar/cafe just to get off the line and dude says he'd rather see me in the kitchen position. Doesn't want to see my talents go to waste. Joke is on him though because I don't have any.

MuchasGracias

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -140
« Reply #12297 on: September 19, 2012, 01:39:56 AM »
tomatoes.

McDuff

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #12298 on: September 19, 2012, 10:03:44 AM »
No work history in anything but kitchens and I'm over it. Truthfully never even learned that much. Applied for some juice bar/cafe just to get off the line and dude says he'd rather see me in the kitchen position. Doesn't want to see my talents go to waste. Joke is on him though because I don't have any.

wow, other slap posters are just like me! going through the same exact thing. im completely over the whole restaurant thing. its been building these past couple months. i was always happy as just a prep cook, but im currently training to become a supervisor. im learning all the stations, and its ok, except im now cooking on the wok (work in a chinese spot), and i absolutely hate the wok. so fucking much. and its funny, you say you dont have skills in the kitchen, i feel the exact same way. im decent with a knife and thats about it. we use woks and fryers. i couldnt get a job at another spot if i wanted to.

steve

« Reply #12299 on: September 19, 2012, 11:29:29 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

wow, other slap posters are just like me! going through the same exact thing. im completely over the whole restaurant thing. its been building these past couple months. i was always happy as just a prep cook, but im currently training to become a supervisor. im learning all the stations, and its ok, except im now cooking on the wok (work in a chinese spot), and i absolutely hate the wok. so fucking much. and its funny, you say you dont have skills in the kitchen, i feel the exact same way. im decent with a knife and thats about it. we use woks and fryers. i couldnt get a job at another spot if i wanted to.

I don't know what you dudes are trying to do, what your interests are, but homes for brain damaged/regular/disabled adults are always hiring. Same thing with homes/residential schools for kids with behavior/trauma history. Most of the time the only req. is no felonies and a GED. Which is kind of sad, but you can go in and do good work. I worked in homes for troubled youth for 5ish years and it was hard seeing some fucked up human situations, but I learned a lot, had alright hours, and made decent money. look for residential care/counseling/aides, etc on craigslist or google.